Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? (75291 Views)

Can You Find This Size Of Crocodile In Nigeria? / NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / 100-Year-Old Giant Turtle 'The Size Of Car' Found Dead, Decomposing In Cornwall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:04pm On May 28, 2021
Twelfthman:
What exact time was this last night?
I saw the moon completely covered by cloud with tiny rays of it's light busting out the cloud around 9pm then about 30min later the clouds was off its face but the moon wasn't red
walahi Bros i am not understanding at all ni
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by IME1: 10:10pm On May 28, 2021
undecided
I'm looking at the moon and it's still big and bright
To worsen it emphasise it there is no light so walking outside is bright and safe

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Chijeep(m): 10:16pm On May 28, 2021
Kokaine:

The day you will be faced with the reality of the things you say so freely. You will regret that your tongue has its consequences. Don't forget that death is approaching. In a couple of years now, maybe even less than 30 years, you will be dead. Whether by accident or by sickness or gunshot, you will die. Most surely, you will die and its the truth you cannot avoid. Your WhatsApp group will announce your death. And you will be separated from all the world. All the people you are laughing with now or wishing to like your post. In your death should be enough admonition for you. But unfortunately you have no sense
See this idiot wishing another person death as if you're invincible.
Religion of peace my foot...
Camouflage people
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Reex12(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2021
fykes:

Having a phone and data doesn't mean u r learned
neither does having a camera and data make you a literate

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by witworth(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2021
Oksman:

"Super Blood Moon."
A full moon that happens when the moon is at the closest point in its orbit to Earth. The distance is normally around 242000km but now it is at it's closest point to the earth in orbit at about 218000km. It's closeness to the earth makes it bigger and brighter by about 7% and 15% respectively.
yes it explains the change in the size, but it still hasn't explain change in the color.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by myike2(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2021
My view

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:39pm On May 28, 2021
Vyzz:
cool

Depends on where you are looking at it from...

Here I didn't see even a star

grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2021
Fvck dat shìt nd nobdy cares undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by frowland(m): 10:51pm On May 28, 2021
kendrick9:

I already have my answer

Great
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by tunary(m): 10:52pm On May 28, 2021
BlessedNuel:

Everywhere just dry

The economy get as e be
your location
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by BlessedNuel: 10:54pm On May 28, 2021
tunary:
your location

My farm is in Enugu but I do waybill nationwide
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Dliquidmetal(m): 11:12pm On May 28, 2021
I managed to take a picture cause I was marveled as well

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Insectkiller: 11:13pm On May 28, 2021
Bloody moon??

Chai!!

God don vex for Nigeria..

Too much blood eewwwooooo..
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by LastProphet: 11:46pm On May 28, 2021
I didn't see it but the one I noticed last week was the size of the evening sun, it was as large like 10 times the usual size, was very surprised
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Kennyking1234: 11:46pm On May 28, 2021
IbrahimSkiba:

ITS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF BABY

ITS JUST GOD BLESSING US WITH HIS NATURAL LIGHT
Thanks Baby
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Kennyking1234: 11:47pm On May 28, 2021
Pautacfm:
See with my 40x zoom camera
Amazing which phone?
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by uuzba(m): 12:07am On May 29, 2021
IME1:
undecided
I'm looking at the moon and it's still big and bright
To worsen it emphasise it there is no light so walking outside is bright and safe
There was an eclipse of the moon on the 26th but it people in the Pacific Ocean and some parts of South America experienced during their own Night. We were at daytime here in Nigeria when it happened
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Kokaine(m): 12:34am On May 29, 2021
Chijeep:

See this idiot wishing another person death as if you're invincible.
Religion of peace my foot...
Camouflage people

Im not wishing you death. I'm only reminding you that we will all leave this workld through a process called death. Me too. All of us. No one will escape it. Very soon even. Life passes so fast. Before a child of 10 years today already has grey hair, you and I will most likely have died. I don't know why Christians hate to be told that they will die. They avoid any talk that reminds them of their grave which is actually so close. I don't know if you think you'd just vanish or continue living. How old are you? Have you ever seen a 150years old person? You will soon die. Be realistic so you act with wisdom

Learn to speak and think the things you can defend. You cannot even stand a lion or a big snake in this world. Talk less of the creatures that Allah has created in wait for the arrogant disobedient humans in the next world. Fear God and be aware that you are responsible for the things you say. It is better to be silent than talk as foolishly as you did.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Kokaine(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2021
myike2:
My view
what phone is as clear as mirror like this.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Kennyking1234: 1:08am On May 29, 2021
Today's Update

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by ARAGON22(m): 7:29am On May 29, 2021
Wetin concern me.. I was hiigh yesterday and I eat plenty meat

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by IME1: 8:48am On May 29, 2021
uuzba:

There was an eclipse of the moon on the 26th but it people in the Pacific Ocean and some parts of South America experienced during their own Night. We were at daytime here in Nigeria when it happened

Great I know the moon was unusual

Night of 10pm was like 6pm or 5.30pm

Eclipse is either that the moon covers the sun or the sun covers the moon abi? I beg help me remember.
I don't want to ask Google grin

So which kind of eclipse did the Pacific Ocean and some parts of South America experience
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by ikezudon(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2021
How this one take affect us?

In other news, read this before you choose granite or marble countertop for your kitchen oo

https://thearchitect.com.ng/granite-marble-countertops/
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Bunmhi(f): 11:26am On May 29, 2021
Okay
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by uuzba(m): 11:53am On May 29, 2021
IME1:

Great I know the moon was unusual

Night of 10pm was like 6pm or 5.30pm

Eclipse is either that the moon covers the sun or the sun covers the moon abi? I beg help me remember.
I don't want to ask Google grin

So which kind of eclipse did the Pacific Ocean and some parts of South America experience
Lunar eclipse
The sun normally shines on the moon, so we can see it here.
But the earth now blocked the sun from the moon
The shadow of the earth was casted on the moon.
But not perfectly inline.
The outer part of the shadow still allowed very tiny sunlight to pass, and that will make the moon look red.
If it was perfectly 100% covered, the whole moon will be black or just disappear from the sky completely.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by Chijeep(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2021
Kokaine:

Im not wishing you death. I'm only reminding you that we will all leave this workld through a process called death. Me too. All of us. No one will escape it. Very soon even. Life passes so fast. Before a child of 10 years today already has grey hair, you and I will most likely have died. I don't know why Christians hate to be told that they will die. They avoid any talk that reminds them of their grave which is actually so close. I don't know if you think you'd just vanish or continue living. How old are you? Have you ever seen a 150years old person? You will soon die. Be realistic so you act with wisdom

Learn to speak and think the things you can defend. You cannot even stand a lion or a big snake in this world. Talk less of the creatures that Allah has created in wait for the arrogant disobedient humans in the next world. Fear God and be aware that you are responsible for the things you say. It is better to be silent than talk as foolishly as you did.
See, mind your vocabulary. Do you understand the grammatical meaning of you will soon die?
No true Christian that is afraid of death because we are always reminded that this world is not ours but the way you're saying it as if you don't wish people long life
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by SefunmiHookups: 2:18pm On May 29, 2021
Kennyking1234:
The moon was super large and red yesterday, who else noticed...
Yup! I did. I even came to the back of the house and said it out for my neighbor to hear. But I don't think she caught what I said. It was such a full moon and it was bright.
Venus
Things be happening o
Re: Who Else Noticed The Size Of The Moon Yesterday? by SefunmiHookups: 2:20pm On May 29, 2021
Blood moon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 / 100-Year-Old Crocodile 'King Buka' Dies In Captivity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.