Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath (1304 Views)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Shabbat Is YAHUAH's Day (the Lord's Day), Not Sunday... Happy SUN-worship Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
Note:
Sunday worshippers do not really condemn Sabbath day worshippers. This is my observation. But Sabbath day people always. Please, take a look at the above discussion.

Ok. Let us all take a look at this.

For everyone who believes in Trinity
For God so good, someone asked me above if the Sabbath worshippers believe in God, the Holy Spirit. And I shared the denomination which I know is a fore runner in this believe. The Seventh Day Adventist (SDA). They believe in Trinity. Very good. They accepted this. Let us go on.

Which day was the Pentecost?
I put it to them that the Pentecost was on a Sunday. If they disagree, let them prove me wrong, and I will go to that old testament they always quote to show them that the pentecost was on a Sunday. But first, let them prove me wrong that the Pentecost day was not on a Sunday.

Now that I have mentioned the Holy Ghost came on the apostles the first time on a Sunday while they were waiting and worshipping, why are they against Sunday worshippers? The God who poured out His spirit on a Sunday is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So, what is their problem?

If the apostles were in violation of the law of God, why would the Holy Spirit come upon them on a Sunday? Please, I need the Sabbath worshippers to come and counter this claim of mine. Anyone?

Eviana, Dtruthspeaker, or anyone
Please refute my claim sirs and mas.

Why would God pour out His Spirit on a Sunday if He doesnt accept our worship on the day? Why would God honor the day if the apostles violated the law as claimed by Sabbath worshippers?

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?” Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.” Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: “ ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. David said about him: “ ‘I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest in hope, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.’ “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” ’ “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Acts 2:1‭-‬2‭, ‬4‭-‬41 NIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqG_lvZhU-A
The Holy Spirit Comes (Day of Pentecost)
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.

The day you choose to rest is acceptable to God

If you are rich you can make your sabbath one year of rest and fellowship

This is common sense but people want to tag it Saturday only as if heaven closes on other days lol
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If the apostles were in violation of the law of God, why would the Holy Spirit come upon them on a Sunday? Please, I need the Sabbath worshippers to come and counter this claim of mine. Anyone?

Eviana, Dtruthspeaker, or anyone
Please refute my claim sirs and mas.

Why would God pour out His Spirit on a Sunday if He doesnt accept our worship on the day? Why would God honor the day if the apostles violated the law as claimed by Sabbath worshippers?

Firstly, The Law does not Restrict the Worship of God to any Specific Day, for the Love and Desire towards God always brings about your loving Him Daily, For Everyday, He is Always Good.

Psalm 145:2 "Everyday will I bless Thee; and I will praise Thy Name for ever and ever."

Neither does it COMPELL, the Worship of God.

So, Secondly, The Law Never prohibited the Daily Worship of God or the setting aside of a Day of Worship to God. No such Law exists.

Thirdly, the Worship of God on a specific day such as Sunday or any other day is not in conflict of The Honouring and Compliance with The Law of Sabbath.

For Worship can be done everyday including the Sabbath But Sabbath is not everyday.

And The Law of the Seventh Day Must be complied with so as not to violate it, no matter what goes on in the world.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 4:22am On Aug 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

New Living Translation
So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbath.

As I told you the last time and you could not answer, this statement is for those who have attained Holiness and not for the ordinary sin full folks, for such people are Holy everyday and therefore, they have a lot of Holy Days and not just one day. But many

Sabbath is for sinners that they may learn to be Holy, one day at a time, in fulfilment of The Law of "Be ye Holy" if they will.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 4:50am On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I am not going to say you are wrong with your faith. This is an issue of preference as far as I am concerned. And all you quote are in the old testament. If your faith is based on the old testament only, it is fine.

The New Testament Also Respected The Sabbath Day.

“pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath” (Matthew 24:20)

(Luke 23:56) “and rested the Sabbath According To The Commandment” . Luke wrote this account at least

Christ Entered The Synagogues to Teach Regularly on The Sabbath Days.

PeaceJoyLove:

If you have to go against the first day observers, you will need to do more. You will need to go against the New Testament and prove beyond reasonable doubt that those who worshipped God on the first day are in violation of it.

I will give you a point I want yoy to counter in my next post. If you can counter this point and tell me that the participants are in violation of the word of God, then, I will accept that Sundays services are in vain.

I will speak sharply!

"The first day observers" have honoured the first day more than the Seventh Day which The God and The Law Commanded.

"The first day observers" have blocked the compliance with The Law of the Seventh, such that if you ask anyone on the street, that which day is the Holy Day? They shall answer, Sunday!

That is their crime and violation.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Firstly, The Law does not Restrict the Worship of God to any Specific Day, for the Love and Desire towards God always brings about your loving Him Daily, For Everyday, He is Always Good.

Psalm 145:2 "Everyday will I bless Thee; and I will praise Thy Name for ever and ever."
Glory! Thank God you didn't deny this. Most likely you would have if I had gone on the normal debate route. But showing you from the Bible with practical approach is my life. Not just laying down theories and fundamentals teaching from some so called leaders who are mere men like you and I. When we use our brain, none of these people can deceive us.

[quote!]
Neither does it COMPELL, the Worship of God. [/quote]
Might be the word "compel" is used in different context, or you do not understand the meaning. But I do not want you to chew your words. You wrote earlier it violates the law of God to not worship on Sunday. Anything that violates the law of God is a sin and not acceptable. Let us be real and straight forward. God is not a two-faces God. And this is the statement of all Sabbath observers. Let us be truthful, the Israelites were compelled (mandated) to rest and worship God on that Sabbath day. Let us not start chewing our words. Your words were crystal clear. There is nothing wrong in accepting your error. And when you see this, you need to check the Bible. I noticed it took you time to reply. Might be, you went to check the facts I put there.

What you need to do is to check with your church. You may be shocked that the person called your pastor doesnt even understand it. And that is when your brain should start telling you to move on. Cos when the person you rely on to spiritually feed you doesn't even understand the core of the doctrine of the church, then, why are you there? But we dont want to even consider these things. We like being controlled and brained washed. This was how Hitler controlled the minds of millions. Wake up.

So, Secondly, The Law Never prohibited the Daily Worship of God or the setting aside of a Day of Worship to God. No such Law exists.
So, why go against Sunday worshippers? Why is your church setting you against your fellow christians? If it is convenient for you to worship on Saturdays, bless the Lord. But why look down on Sunday worshipers. We try to ring your obsolete doctine out to force it on others? Csn you see you are in the minority who have refused to change? Yet, you decide to close your eyes. I cannot trust you eith anything cos the simplest thing in the bible you cannot see. Wow..They brain washed you that Constatine or whoever instituted Sunday. They tell you it's a worship to the Roman gods. And many false information out there. They themselves do not know these things.

This is why I keep telling my best friends to study very well and know the truth themselves. I was shocked when a popular moniker here wrote that if she was in a city her denomination doesnt exist, she would go online and try set up a mini group to worship. What the heck is that? That is a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with others. Go with your brain and head, observe, and take note. But that self (totally blinded) individual does not even want to listen to others. Yet, the fellow wants others to listen to her and accept hers. Bull crap. Such fellow has no space around me. At times, I want to reconsider my stand to accept the fellowship of the person, but them, I think I should teach the fellow a lesson how others feel when they dash it to their faces. And funny, I dont even understand how the boldness come to preach this kind of gospel. Sabbath day only in 2021? With all materials on the internet? Do they just blind you guys? Or do they use voodoo on you? And the passion Sabbath worshippers promote this obsolete day of worship baffles me.

And funny they are extremely few. Yet, they go out to try convert, marry from outside, and force their partners to attend their Sabbath whatever. What a terrible and faulty way of thought. May they accept they need help. Instead of them to even use marriage as excuse to free themselves from the false teaching of hooking them only to Saturdays. You ask them to explain, they give you Ellen White 1900 tracks and books to read just like the Jehovah Witnesses. Tell them to explain, they are dumb. Yet, na just to dey argue and laying emphasis that Sabbath day is it. Lol.

Thirdly, the Worship of God on a specific day such as Sunday or any other day is not in conflict of The Honouring and Compliance with The Law of Sabbath.

For Worship can be done everyday including the Sabbath But Sabbath is not everyday.
If you can worship God on any day, and you still want me to stick to your Sabbath day, it means you are saying God is confused. God brought the Holy Spirit on a Sunday...the third person. Can you query Him? Oga, I would rather make that day the day I tarry for the Holy Spirit too. Why would I want to ask for the power of the HOLY spirit on Saturdays when Gid Himself poured Him out on a Sunday? I am not a fool sir. You are free to stick to your old testament teachings. I am not against you.

I am a person who moves with what works. You can go and learn how to use those typewriters used for official letters in those days. My granny had one and I think I may be able to get you. However, you need to pay for it cos it's now a vintage collection. So stick to your old testament. If it works for you...fine. As for me and my household, we will worship God on the same day the pentecost happened. And if I happen to be in a city it's the Sabbath day, I willl attend with a free heart.

I will always go to office on Saturdays. I will always hustle on Saturdays. In fact, I cook on Saturdays too. Now tell me if you dont cook on Saturdays. Tell me if you dont go to grocery stores on Saturdays. You are all hypocrites. Going to grocery stores on Saturdays is the same as the Isrealites who went to search for manna on the day. Start thinking. Even the pastor who is brain washing you shops on Saturdays. I do not really understand how you allow yourselves to be brainwashed.

And the reason I know that the 7th DAY adventist is a No is cos when a group promote a wrong doctine like this with so many evidences to counter their teaching, they alwsy back it up with lies. Lies and more lies from the depth of hell.

Listen, it is the exact pattern like the Jehovah Witness. They have their special books they always preach from. They dont allow them mix with other believers. Why? They do everything to make sure you dont see the truth. I only pity the one n this forum condemning catholic in everything but she herself is in a deep falsified denomination. And I pray God opens her eyes and yours too.

And The Law of the Seventh Day Must be complied with so as not to violate it, no matter what goes on in the world.
It is your opinion as you have been brainwashed. God poured out Holy Spirit on a Sunday and you still insist that the Sabbath Day is a must. Congrats.

He who will be delivered will be. He who wants to perish will definitely. You will take your congregation to the old testament, but you will never show them this portion. I am sure if you show them this portion they have heads to use. They can think. It is you who have decided to not use your God given brain, and still allow yourself to be locked up in those ways.

If you are compelled to worship on the Sabbath day make sure you follow the whole law from A to Z. The day you go out to buy anything on any Saturday, you should be stoned to death. The day you ever cook on a Saturday, you are liable to be hung. The day you visit your friend on a Saturday, you are rebellious. Now tell me in your heart have you not violated any of these? So why preach rubbish?

You certainly do not understand it yourself. Your pastors or bishops do not too. Some of them do, but are hiding details from you. But you have yourself to be blamed. If you can still defend the Sabbath day after you have seen it clearly, then, it means you deliberately want to be brainwashed.

I wish you luck in your faith.

Goodluck sir!
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

(Luke 23:56) “and rested the Sabbath According To The Commandment” . Luke wrote this account at least

I will speak sharply!

"The first day observers" have honoured the first day more than the Seventh Day which The God and The Law Commanded.

"The first day observers" have blocked the compliance with The Law of the Seventh, such that if you ask anyone on the street, that which day is the Holy Day? They shall answer, Sunday!

That is their crime and violation.

God poured out His Spirit after Jesus left this world. All what you quoted are while He was on earth.

The point is this: If you believe in Trinity. Then, you have no excuse cos you are not God. So, accept it. There is a way to argue. This is a logic the Jehovsh Witnesses decided to remove Trinity from their own doctrine. This is common sense. No one needs to still argue this except one who wants to be used. And such is a fo.ol. I apologize to anyone it affects. Bug sorrento say, the person is f.oolish. 1st class fo.olish.ness.

The Bible verses you quoted are the reasons Sundays worshippers do not condemn you. However, we believe that if God can pour His spirit on a Sunday, let us adopt the day. Simple. This is common sense. God came on a Sunday , and you are telling me I cannot receive I'll in all on that day. When the all in all I need is in the Holy Spirit. What else do I need that is not in Him? When you know the power of resurrection, you will ot speak rubbish. The power we need came on a Sunday, and you want me to still be doing Jewish Sabbath rituals on Saturdays. Well, it's your choice. I have chosen mine. Deal with yours sirs and mas.

Whether you like it or not, keep arguing. Dont accept. It is your own life. But shut up and dont ever tell me that my worship is not acceptable on Sundays. If my worship is acceptable on Sundays, mind your business. This is the reason I set up this thread. To tell Sabbath days worshippers to back off. That you are all as guilty as the Jehovah Witnesses. These are the things the Wtinesses see in you all and they blast you.

You saw it clearly .....bring another verse again. What I expected is that you really return to the Bible to check the truth. But you have programmed yourself to defend what some so called use.less elders fed you. Yes they are us.eless. Fo.olish elders teaching rubbish. Just causing problems up and down. Some even go to the extent of creating large electronic network to spread rub.bish. People that should be slapped.

And then, I always read one of their hyorocrites here always writing "mercy". Even having the gut to be asking us the kind of christianity we practise in Nigeria. The audacity baffles me. Yet, the simplest religious activity she doesnt know. Ask her a simple question, na Ellen White and the Great controversy. Excuse me!!! What's my business with the great controversy? It is their controversy and not mine. I have no controversy in Jesus. It is Peace-Joy-Love. No controversy at all. The devil gave them that controversy and let them keep battling with the usele.ss controversy.

I must speak the truth. I dont have any regard for any controversy cos He who is in me is greater than he that is in the world. The one in the world is the controversy. I dont have any business with him.

This is why they preach tribulation bala bl bla ....hell hell hell...what's my business with those rubb.ish? They lay too much emphasis on the secret rapture. Of what business do I have with those? And they say we do not want want believer to prepare for the great tribulation.

They are sick. Totally sick. Do they think they can pass through the great tribulation with their own power? Fo.o.lish people. When I preach the power in the Holy Ghost. Even the tribulation comes before the rapture...and you have the power of the Holy spirit....you will move. So, why should I concern myself with those us.eless teachings? I want to know cos I just want to. But my focus is on the Holy Spirit. I wanted to explain to that lady I was talking about, but she ran away. Wow! It's only Ellen White.

Preach salvation. Preach the power of the Holy spirit. Preach the gospel of Christ. Preach from the scripture and explain with practical examples. No, na Ellen White. Leave all those abatakatsbra.....teach your church members those things but let them know the most important is holiness to God. And they must receive the power of the Holy Ghost. That's it.

Not just arguing stu.pidly on one secret rapture, the great controversy, the whatever. Very powerless christians they are.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I will speak sharply!

[hightlight]That is their crime and violation.[/highlight]

Readers, scrutinize this thread well.

If you believe in Trinity and you have seen that the Holy Spirit came on a Sunday (by the way, I will write about it later in this thread), yet this person is telling you that you must not violate the Sabbath. If there is violation, should the Holy Spirit not come on the Sabbath Day? It means God Himself violated His rule.

But listen....Jesus knew what was going to happen, and he deliberately "violated" the Sababath Himself by healing on a Saturday. Hallelujah. And he told the man....Get up. He told the lawyers, pharisees and Sudacess...that for them to know that God is in line with him...."get up, walk, and receive your sight". So, is the God who healed the man on a Saturday violated the law?

Same here. God Hinslef came on a Sunday and this man cannot still use his head and he is still arguing that not worshipping on Saturday is violating the law? Ask him if he doesnt buy grocery on Saturdays.

Look at the highlighted part. He said the truth. The Sabbath days worshippers are hypocrites. This is plainly what he is saying. Read it again. They know the truth. They buy food on Saturdays. They even hustle on Saturdays too. Yet, they always claim rubbish.

I dont hate them, but I desperately hate false teachings, brainwashing teachings, amd foo.lishness. I do not have regard for anyone who deliberately allowed himself or herself to be brainwashed cos such is fo.olish. ha ba! With all the evidences on table? Yet they remain fo.olish - self imposed stup.idity.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

God poured out His Spirit after Jesus left this world. All what you quoted are while He was on earth.

Now you have Changed Post for you said it was not in the new testament to observe and obey The Law of the Sabbath.

PeaceJoyLove:

However, we believe that if God can pour His spirit on a Sunday, let us adopt the day. Simple.

And the counter is The Lord Himself has given you a Day Already, when you and Him should meet and can meet.

But now, man is dictating to his God, that The Lord should meet them on their own day, of their own choosing and adoption.

Shall the pot instruct the Potter? or shall man dictate to his Maker?
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

...If there is violation, should the Holy Spirit not come on the Sabbath Day? It means God Himself violated His rule.

The Giver of Law is always above His Law and can never be said to have violated His Law because, The Law is His Servant and Does His Will.

But The Law Giver is The Master of The Law and never under the power or jurisdiction of The Law.

You can not give a Law in your house that your servants should be home by 10pm then you too will be rushing home to enter your house before 10pm.

And this is besides the fact that I do not see where it is shown that The Holy Spirit came on the first day.

Whilst I would like clarity on your proposition, I do state that The Lord has a Right to Send The Holy Spirit on Any Day of His Choosing without any restriction as it is Written "The Lord Does as He Pleases" Psalm 115:3

PeaceJoyLove:

Ask him if he doesnt buy grocery on Saturdays.

(Ad hominem fall) Accusing another person who has accused you of violating The Law, Does not change The Law.

It only means 2 people will stand Accused under The Law!
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I told you the last time and you could not answer, this statement is for those who have attained Holiness and not for the ordinary sin full folks, for such people are Holy everyday and therefore, they have a lot of Holy Days and not just one day. But many

Sabbath is for sinners that they may learn to be Holy, one day at a time, in fulfilment of The Law of "Be ye Holy" if they will.

As I told you the last time and you could not answer,

This above statement is false
If you think I can not answer any wrong perverted doctrine then you must have been dreaming

The word of God is so clear you ended up contradicting your sermon lol

By saying this words below shows sabbath is which day you chose to rest rest and worship God

read the below statement and gain freedom it your own words

Firstly, The Law does not Restrict the Worship of God to any Specific Day,

The Law Never prohibited the Daily Worship of God or the setting aside of a Day of Worship to God. No such Law exists.

Finally
Which ever way you try to twist the word of God it will break the person that how sharp the word is
Sabbath people never acknowledge this above statement you made as life goes on they must have discovered that Saturday is not different from any other day it just how God designed his words if you fail to obey God, nature will teach you obedience because nature listens to God

Many sabbath folks have said in testimony that they ended up finding out Saturday is not that different from Sunday or even Monday nothing special happens on Saturday that can not happen on any other day

That is nature teaching them basic truth
You can worship Saturday and note people worship Saturday and actually not worship God this is why God distroy the myth of Saturday
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you have Changed Post for you said it was not in the new testament to observe and obey The Law of the Sabbath.
The bone of contention is the establishment of the day. And ever since, the apostles started worshipping the one of contention is the Holy Spirit who we know is in control now. So, use your brain. The verses you quoted are pre-introduction of the new way. If you still insist, that is your business. It is why I said that you deliberately want to remain foo.lish. and keep it up. You have done well to be a top baller in the class of foo.lishness.

And the counter is The Lord Himself has given you a Day Already, when you and Him should meet and can meet.
That is for you who has been brain washed. But the Lord poured the Holy Spirit on a day different from the day He sanctioned....lol.. Keep wallowing in foolishness. I know that people reading can understand, except he who wants to be deliberately foo.lish..

But now, man is dictating to his God, that The Lord should meet them on their own day, of their own choosing and adoption.
So man dictated to God to bring the Holy Spirit on a Sunday? If you cannot reason, then, it is not my fault. Anyway, keep attracting foo.lishness like yours. It baffles me that you are in stup.idity. what a pity? Imagine...the apostles met on Sunday...so they dictated to God according to you. If God doesnt want it honored, He will not pour out His spirit. You believe in Trinity yet you want to tell the same God who sent Him on a Sunday that He made a mistake. Oh! How foolish are you. Yes...Jesus called the Pharisees stupid people. Sir with no apology...you are not wise. You cannot use your brain. It is simple. Sorry to say. The next we will starting talking is arguments and name callings, so I am going to ignore your stup.idity cos I have no time for you as i see that your level of assimilation and understanding is low. This is what brainwashing does. It makes one to be deliberately stu.pid. It is like ma.dness. You will not know...cos you have been trapped. I pray you get out of it. Only God can help you.

Shall the pot instruct the Potter? or shall man dictate to his Maker?
Go and argue with God who brought the Holy Ghost on a Sunday that He the Potter made the blunder to bring the Holy Spirit you are following today on a Sunday. If you cannot see it, then, goodluck.

Please, I have no time to waste with you. Kindly pass my thread. Go and open your thread and press about the Sabbath. Get lost here. I repeat, get lost.

Your second Eviana will never appear. She dare not. She knows she has nothing to say here. And I will be merciless with her especially if she comes here cos enough of her spreading what she doesnt know. She has a heart to serve God, but I pray God delivers her from those theories and Ellen White teachings.

For those going to church today which is Satirday, goodluck. May your prayers be answered. I have nothing against you. But if you come to tell me I violate the law of God cos of my choice, I will spit on you. Mind your business. Face your Sabbath. It is not mine. And make sure you dont cook on Sabbath. Make sure you dont visit anyone on Sabbath. Make sure you go to church and return home, and do nothing else. If I see you on the internet on Sabbath days, I will throw you stony words. If i see you on NL on a Sabbath, you are in soup. Bunch of hyprocrites deceiving themselves. And if anyone of you bring any Ellen White to face face, I will tear it into Idiotaa Black. You will meet Idiotaaa Red. Ellen will turn to Idiotaaa right in your face.

I have realised that spitting on your faces is the action you want to leave people alone in peace. If one is polite you are goats who will keep pressing it.

You all should learn from Eviana to buzz off. She has stopped the attacks she used to bring. I have asked you to come and defend your doctrine but you have not been able. So let us live in peace. Keep your Sabbath to yourself. The Sabbath you know you arent fulfilling yourself. Hyprocrites. You know the truth but you keep flourishing in deceit. If you try that rubbish with me again...anyone of you...you will regret that day.

So, read your great controversy in peace...and fight your controversy yourself. I dont have any business with any controversy in my life. The Holy Spirit sent on a Sunday is enough for me. Na you sabi the controversy in your life. So, go deal with that controversy before you come face us.

Goodluck!
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2021
Peacejoylove

God can pour His spirit on a Sunday,

No no no no
God giving his spirit on Sunday or believes doing church on Sunday in the Bible is not why we worship God on any day we want

God desires us to worship him at the day we like any day is acceptable that is what he commanded Paul to teach to us

Paul is the one Jesus gave the penticostal movement to and if you fail to listen to Paul then your free to bound your self to sabbath

The point Jesus made is rejoice not that you cast out evil spirits rather rejoice that your names are in the book of life

Are you filled with the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues

Is your name written in the book of life that is the main point
Bible said no man will judge you about sabbath

Who is the judge it Jesus and Jesus is complete man and complete God
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Giver of Law is always above His Law and can never be said to have violated His Law because, The Law is His Servant and Does His Will.

But The Law Giver is The Master of The Law and never under the power or jurisdiction of The Law.

You can not give a Law in your house that your servants should be home by 10pm then you too will be rushing home to enter your house before 10pm.

And this is besides the fact that I do not see where it is shown that The Holy Spirit came on the first day.

Whilst I would like clarity on your proposition, I do state that The Lord has a Right to Send The Holy Spirit on Any Day of His Choosing without any restriction as it is Written "The Lord Does as He Pleases" Psalm 115:3

(Ad hominem fall) Accusing another person who has accused you of violating The Law, Does not change The Law.

It only means 2 people will stand Accused under The Law!

Then go and perish with your law. Yes...i use the wors perish without apology cos you are sent to destroy. It is not for me. If you say you are a goat which will not go, you will hear terrible words. Go and face your controversy and Ellen White or Idiotaa Black... and leave us in peace.

Today is your Sabbath...it has started since 12.00am. You are not to be here. You are to worship God. Face it. Go and worship God. Leave here hyprocrite. It will end 11.59pm today. Kindly leave Nairaland and face it.

God is not weak that He needs you to defend Him. I keep telling you. Your fooli.shness will kill you. You are promoting the Sababth, yet abusing and violating it here. ....right now. Get lost. Go and fulfill it first before teaching others.

Readers...imagine preaching to me I must observe Sabbath and the idiotaa is even violating the law he knows he is not keeping himself. Just deceiving themselves around.

1 Like

Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Lol Bible said people will actually prefer darkness than light lol bondage than freedom
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2021
To those who feel I am too harsh, I apologize. But remember, Jesus flogged the heck out if the people selling in His father's house. (I can bet you that he organized boys to donit with him also....lol...ok thisnia not in the Bible. .but just my imagination).

Why did he go to the extreme? Pollution. Those people are polluting His people. Same with these Sabbath people. Go and worship your God (I didnt write god) cos I understand you call God who cos yoy used your tongue to say you believe in Trinity.

So, we should be brothers and sisters. This was the goal of this thread. But the Sabbath days keep coming like goats. Same way the Jehovah Witnesses behave. I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Just allowing other religions to abuse and insult us. Other religions can see it clearly. But I dont knkw what is wrong with you.

Preach and leave those who dont agree wit oh you alone. No. You must force yours on others. And mere men who are violating the laws of Sabbath just like the Pharissess are those teaching you. I dont understand it why they cannot see it. It baffles me. Meanwhile, if you move close to these people, they are brilliant. So, I kind of dont understand how they allowed themselves to be brain washed.

So, I started digging further. I really want to think those who say they are cults are not far away from the truth. Cos it take a serious spell to be deliberately fo.olish.

Fine that you worship on Saturdays. But come on. Cos the next person worships on Sundays you cannot fellowship with him? Come on. Yet, you want the person to change to your way? Come on! Life isnt like this. Whatever that has held you down is strong.

Now, I am talking even to you Dtruthspeaker...you have said the truth. Sabbath days observers are not compliant to it. It is impossible sir. Let us be real. It is not possible esp in this 2021. Not possible. So why promote it? Why?

I am not saying you should not try your best. But say it like it is. Say "we are observing the Sabbath cos we believe we should follow it". That's it. If I was in Israel today, I will worship in the Synagogue on a Sabbath and rejoice with them. Listen to me ....I am.calling Eviana now...if you are truthful to yourself...I will bounce with you to rhat your temple or synagogue anytime God permits me to visit your city. On a condition...if you are plain to the other truths others are telling you. I will fellowship with you and even ask you introduce me to your pastor. If the whole church wants to pray for me, why not? And I will always return to fellowship whenever I am in your city. Why? If I see the goodness of God in you. But at this point, I dont. I will nog follow you. In fact , I cannot invite you to mine cos yiu have said you cannot. And i will never visit yours. It is as simple as ABC. And I am telling you that you are all hyprocrites. I am taking it personal cos these lies have been spread too far on NL. And it has to stop.

If you as an Adventist cannot attend another church, then lock up yourself in your synagogue and never try to even preach to us here on Nairaland. Go and perish with your religion or go and be saves with it. Either will happen. I have no apology to say what I am saying. What I am saying is that if you cannot tolerate others, then, back off. Be a lone ranger. Dont attempt to preach to anyone cos you are a sinner yourself. You violate the Sabbarh you preach. You dont accommodate others believers yet you are all the first to throw stones at the Jehovah Witnesses. Are you not the same? Tell me. Are you not the same? They say they dont want to worship wirh others, so you too. They say Michael is Jesus, and so you too. Yet, you still even criticize them more. Who do you agree with? Nobody. Except yourselves. And you are minor. Minor oooo. Yet, you want to marry outside and fake people to your Sababth synagogues...causing confusion here and there. You will all just injure yourselves.

Goodluck!
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2021
[quote author=Bishopkingsley post=104770918]Peacejoylove

God can pour His spirit on a Sunday, [/b]
No. God already did. Not that God can....but God did. Point of correction sir.

No no no no
God giving his spirit on Sunday or believes doing church on Sunday in the Bible is not why we worship God on any day we want
Please, if I am wrong correct me and explain. Then say why we adopt Sundays?

God desires us to worship him at the day we like any day is acceptable that is what he commanded Paul to teach to us
Please quote me well, and dont misquote me. I have ignored you enough, but I will reply you. I didnt about say we cannot worship God on other days. I dont want you to mix it up. In fact, I wrote that those who believe in worshipping on Sundays dont have problems wirh Sabbath days worshippers. And also, we worship all through the week. Most churches have Bible studies on Wednesdays also. Many special evening programs. But let us not twist it here. There is a reason the day was adopted more. And you cannot deny it that majority of the churches open "full worship" on Sundays. Many reasons. Many. But if you choose to open yours on Saturdays. Fine. If you open it alone on Thursdays fine. I won't criticize you.

Paul is the one Jesus gave the penticostal movement to and if you fail to listen to Paul then your free to bound your self to sabbath}/quote]
Please, dont teach rubbish. Jesus did not give Paul the Pentecostal movement. A beg. No teach rubbish. God institute the Pentecost day. Please. Dont teach rubbish. Paul was not a Christian when the Holy Spirit came upon the apostle. Pentecost is the day the HOLY spirit came. I dont know where you saw it that Jesus established it through Paul. Paul came to learn from the apostles too. Though, he had a divine encounter with God.

[quote]
The point Jesus made is rejoice not that you cast out evil spirits rather rejoice that your names are in the book of life

Are you filled with the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues

Is your name written in the book of life that is the main point
Bible said no man will judge you about sabbath

Who is the judge it Jesus and Jesus is complete man and complete God
I agree with this part. Nothing to add more.

So, what I need you do now is this. Tell us why most churches open on Sunday. Why is it? Why did the apostles also break bread on Sundays? I want to listen.

Listen...I agree that we can worship anyday...so why was there no objection to Sundays adopted by many churches? Why did the apostles take Sundays serious? Or why did they gather on that Sunday? Why not another day? Answer all these questions to prove me wrong.

Please, a beg...dont ever try to take me to one Greek idol worshipping nation ooo. Cos a don dey suspect you. And I hope I am wrong. I really pray I am wrong about you. Cos if you take me to one roman god and that one ruler established Sundays, that's where I will have problem with you more. I read it so much how people mislead christians that the greek idols or Constantine or whoever did it. So, dont ever go there. Let me say it now before you start.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Now, I am talking even to you Dtruthspeaker...you have said the truth. Sabbath days observers are not compliant to it. It is impossible sir. Let us be real. It is not possible esp in this 2021. Not possible. So why promote it? Why?

I promote the Obedience to The Laws of God. The mere fact that everyone has abandoned the obeying of it, does not now cothe their disobedience with Law Fullness.
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I promote the Obedience to The Laws of God. The mere fact that everyone has abandoned the obeying of it, does not now cothe their disobedience with Law Fullness.

Hyprocrite. Are you still worshiping God this Sabbath and still online? Are you OK? grin You promote the obedience of the laws of God you are even breaking now. Indeed! You better focus on your life. grin Just deliberately looking for troubles. Go to your synagogue and get focused.

I'm sure you are visiting a beer parlor tonight also, but promoting rubbish. undecided
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Hyprocrite. Are you still worshiping God this Sabbath and still online? Are you OK? grin You promote the obedience of the laws of God you are even breaking now. Indeed! You better focus on your life. grin Just deliberately looking for troubles. Go to your synagogue and get focused.

I'm sure you are visiting a beer parlor tonight also, but promoting rubbish. undecided

The Law did not prohibit talking with people even The Lord did speak to the people on the Sabbath!
Re: The Lord's Day Vs The Sabbath by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law did not prohibit talking with people even The Lord did speak to the people on the Sabbath!
Are you serious? The law permitted the Isrealite to go on social discussion on Sabbath? Speak the truth oga Dtruthspeaker. Ha ba! For real? The law permits you to stroll on a social life? This is social media oooo. Go focus on your God on your Sabbath. The Sabbath you will still branch in a grocery store and buy food. The Sabbarh you will branch in your friends places to gist. The Sabbath you are likely watching Chelsea march as I typing. Be deceiving yourself..

See, go an wake up Ellen White or Black in her grave, she can never keep the Sabbath law. Fact. No one can. I mean no one.

Now, I need to close it with you. I have made my point. In fact, you know you are in Nigeria, and your so called Sabbath doesnt hold ground anywhere in Nigeria. I can count the numbers of Adventist churches in Nigeria. Your church is very uncommon. It's only on NL you want to try.

So, let me not popularize you. Please, move back to oblivion in peace. I see your denomination and Jehovah Witness as the same category. And Jehovah Witness is more popular.

I rest my case with you cos you have no more points from the Bible.

Any other Adventist who has another view can can on board....as you can see...this one doesnt understand the word of God well. He is a breaker of his own self afflicted Sabbath law.

Let's wish him. Goodluck sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Is The False Messiah Be Warned / Wishing My. Muslim Friends A Happy 2024 / Death is Inevitable: Be Prepared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.