Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu (27675 Views)

Why Senate Should Not Approve Military Action In Niger - Shehu Sani / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Senator Umeh: Why Senate Should Not Confirm EFCC Nominees (2) (3) (4)

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Remix10(m): 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fasindo:

Wise man

The senate should be scrapped by 2030 when I have been a senator and collected my own share of national cake.

By the way the following law should be looked in to...
The law that allow north to have Shari'a police.
The law that allow north to ban alcohol and yet collecting taxes paid by beer companies.
The law that allows north to partake in oil money from South but bars South from collecting money from Zamfara gold sales
The law that allows Radio and TV stations to interview Miyyeti Allow president but bans them from granting interview to IPOB spokesperson (Emma Powerful.
The law that allows Northern governors to send almajiris that are from their States back to home States but bars southern governors from doing same.

Most important, the law that allows a 4th candidate in election contest to be declared a Governor

With a mentality like yours, you will never become a senator, you are no different from the corrupt politicians, just that you haven't been given an opportunity.

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Afromentalist:
How can a constitutional review bring any substantial good when the majority of lawmakers are purposefully from on part of the country ?

I SMH , so you don't know each states have 3 senators including the FCT which is 1. And we are into 6 zones, where everybody have their different needs.
The way and manner majority of your likes are ignorant about Nigeria system of government baffles me. How on earth will you say the lawmakers are from one part of the country.
Even if you weren't taught history, won't you take out time and read a little history about your country.

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring..

He should take things easy

I’ve given up on you embarassed
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
Islie:

https://punchng.com/constitution-review-senate-should-be-scrapped-says-akeredolu/
Our Senators have proven to be wasteful in all ramifications. They have been reduced to a simple Ministry to the Executive arm, thereby making them a waste of resources. Had they been independently working as a legislature, the President would have been impeached by now, and security improved.
I support the motion!
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by helinues: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
jirehUB:

I’ve given up on you embarassed

Never knew about the existence of this moniker.... undecided
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
Where has This wise man being in all these years.

The SENATE should be scrapped, The Rep reduced to TWO from each State and

Each of our 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES should ESTABLISH SPSC-STATE POLICY SERVICES COUNCIL OF THEIR TRADITIONAL RULERS TO ISSUE BROAD GUIDELINES TO THEIR GOVERNORS AND LEGISLATORS.

ENOUGH OF BUFFUNS, CRIMINALS AND MAD MEN AND SATANISTS RULING NIGERIA.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by otosa(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
johnmartus:
He raised some important points this man seems belong to masses but why he don't perform more than expectation is what am worrying about.
Because the system did not allow him. You must do what the federal government wants if not, they will not pay the allocation.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by naija1stnigar(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
With his words and actions this man has shown to sensible people that he can do more than he is doing but that fraud of a constitution will not just allow it to happen. I remembered what he faced from the so called fg when amotekun was to be inaugurated.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by CaptainFM1: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fasindo:

Wise man

The senate should be scrapped by 2030 when I have been a senator and collected my own share of national cake.

By the way the following law should be looked in to...
The law that allow north to have Shari'a police.
The law that allow north to ban alcohol and yet collecting taxes paid by beer companies.
The law that allows north to partake in oil money from South but bars South from collecting money from Zamfara gold sales
The law that allows Radio and TV stations to interview Miyyeti Allow president but bans them from granting interview to IPOB spokesperson (Emma Powerful.
The law that allows Northern governors to send almajiris that are from their States back to home States but bars southern governors from doing same.

Most important, the law that allows a 4th candidate in election contest to be declared a Governor

As a private citizen, do you know you can challenge any of these "laws" in court? Have you done so?
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
johnmartus:
He raised some important points this man seems belong to masses but why he don't perform more than expectation is what am worrying about.

He raised all IMPORTANT POINTS. GOD BLESS HIM.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by LLSAINT(m): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
My broda,
with the current system and structure, even you being made as the President will goofed big time

johnmartus:
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Emotionss: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
Personally Aketi is the only southern governor I love and respect. He talks and do regardless of is political inflation.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Babanah: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
A senior lawyer should know that a senate is essential in a federation. It guarantees equity among the federating units.

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Brushstrokes20: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
Spot on!...# man with balls!

Bi cameras legislature is a gross waste of limited resources by crooks!

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fernandeswagger:
Akeredolu is on fire these past days.

Dude has been hitting the nail on the head big time.

Well spoken Sir

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
Your recommendations are still going to the Senate. Lol.

It's a good recommendation but be rest assured that this particular one will be thrown out.

You don't expect them to commit class suicide like that, do you?
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by InaNla(f): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring..

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Raph82(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring..

Did u just say misfiring? For expressing his mind on how true governance should be?
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring..

He is shooting straight. Fire on Gov.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by helinues: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
Raph82:
Did u just say misfiring? For expressing his mind on how true governance should be?

Same Aketi that might be nursing senatorial ambition after his second term as a governor...

Na Nigeria politicians you dey take too seriously like that?
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring..

He is shooting straight. Fire on Gov. I like him.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
SUPPORTED.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by johnmartus(m): 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
I definitely understand your point bro.
LLSAINT:
My broda,
with the current system and structure, even you being made as the President will goofed big time

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Everything about 1999 constitution is a fraud! Big fraud!.…… Let me use my resources to develop my land. Enough of the parasitic relationship. Lagos generates trillions of naira monthly but how much comes back to them? Same goes for other states. We need better life for our children. End this fraudulent constitution.

SUPPORTED.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by computer0810(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
helinues:
Aketi is misfiring.. Funnily, he might be nursing the ambition of senatorial position after his second term as a governor

And so what, when I was doing my NYSC I always advocate for the scrapping when I was service, even some sitting senator feel it should be scrapped but as long as it exists dey have to occupy it

Use ur fucking useless brain
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by Timmi: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Islie:

https://punchng.com/constitution-review-senate-should-be-scrapped-says-akeredolu/

I agreed completely and totally to the scrapping of either the Senate or the House of Representatives and make representations to be part time. The US that we copied didn’t spend 20% on the Congress of what we are spending on these dishonorable honorable. They are a pest on the people they are supposed to represent and a houseful of corruption.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by CaptainFM1: 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
butterfly777:
This so called constitution review charade is just an empty ploy to distract the people from separation for Nigeria. We refuse to be fooled.

If they truly wish to review that poor 1999 constitution, they would have done it long ago. Not now that we are about to exit Nigeria. They don't care about any constitution. The northern jihadists are just attempting one of the many nefarious tricks in their wickedness.

Ko le work.

Constitution review too late.

Oodua Republic, here we come.

Exactly what I'm thinking. We should forget constitution review and divide this country.

Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
Someone with balls is speaking.

That's the debate we should be having now.

Thank you, Aketi

He is a Lawyer of Lawyers.
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:
grin 109 Criminals called senators will be calling for your head.

Arakunrin You're doing well, Carry on!

May God be his SSS. (SECURITY, SAFETY AND SUCCESS).
Re: Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu by orisa37: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
zoedew:
Truth. 1963 Constitution is it.

SUPPORTED.

Military Moves Swamp Buggies To Okuoma, Delta / Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting / Buhari Should Sack Aisha Alhassan, Ministers Disloyal To Him - Mohammed Danlami