Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... (24688 Views)

Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? / If You Live On The Mainland And you Work On The Island,this Is For You!!! / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Kokaine(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
◆ will they give chance to go-to church
◆will they give food when they're on their
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.
if you meet practicing ones who have knowledge of the sunnah and hadith. You may end up joining Islam out of love for them. The empathy, justice, mercy, kindness and thoughtfulness. You will experience working Islam and be surprised by how different the media painted it.

Most of the Christians who converted did so because of the behaviors of Muslims they met. Islam is the exact opposite of what is represented on the media. peopleUnfortunately there are too many bad am ambassadors of Islam out there and people tend to see it from the actions of the bad ones and neglect those of the good ones.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by TundRash(m): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
ekestic1976:
The best experience I have ever had in life. I was recommended to a Muslim professor from my Department in the university in the mid-1980s. They were three brothers each having his own Business. My Master was the eldest. I don't want to mention his name, because it's a popular Muslim family in Yorubaland. A few days after I started work (I was living in the premises like a member of the family) the haemorrhoids (piles) I had been nursing from my university days got burst. Instead of sending me away as a new worker, this great man had me admitted in LUTH and I was operated on. He cautioned that I shouldn't tell any of my people, not even my twin brother. He saw me through the illness. He wouldn't allow me to go back to work until I was totally healed.
At the end of about four years, he got me fixed up in another job, which has remained my profession since 1989. Earlier, he had sent me on a training.
When I was about to do my wedding in 1994, this great man bought clothes for me and my fiancee from London(he had a personal home in London).
Lest I forget. He came to my new workplace(I had left him then) in 1990 and told me that he would be going to London. I told him that I needed a VHS video player. He bought it for me for £250 pounds. I still have the receipt. It was an Hitachi Front Loader.
Earlier in 1987, whilst I was still with him, he would be going to Switzerland. He bought for me a colour television, called SABA, 99 channels.
It's remarkable that all of us working for these brothers were Christians. Never was anyone discriminated against!
I don't want to mention his name. He died in February 2001 at 83 years. He's from Egbaland while I'm from Ekiti. I wept my eyes out at his death.
If you do not believe this story, it shows how far down Nigeria has gone. It's a true life story and God knows that I do not have anything to gain by lying at my time of life. I'll be 64 years old in November, by His grace.
Interestingly, I wasn't the only one this great man did a good turn for. I've heard many stories told about his generosity. May God preserve the soul of Professor S. O. B.
That Muslim is not a bad man, just as that Christian too is a good man. Most of our mutual suspicions were engendered by the politicians. I'm a born again Christian and Professor S. O. B. did not at any time put me to scorn. I still enjoy the fact of my affiliation with him to this day and I'm still in touch with members of the family. What I said about him was just a little of the love he showed me.
I wish I could tell you more, but I'm preparing my Biography, to be published by my personal publishing firm later. The man introduced me to publishing. I WILL never forget that great man. My prayers is that whoever are named with him this side of Eternity shall never beg to eat, IJN.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by TundRash(m): 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kokaine:
if you meet practicing ones who have knowledge of the sunnah and hadith. You may end up joining Islam out of love for them. The empathy, justice, mercy, kindness and thoughtfulness. You will experience working Islam and be surprised by how different the media painted it.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by kissdabride: 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
Sheuns:
Make una Dey leave all these unnecessary matters. There are thousands of Muslims working for Christians in Nigeria and vice versa.

As for the fasting thing. Muslims do not force anyone to fast. Not even their children or family. I’m talking from my own family perspective. You will be allowed to eat during fasting periods.
Don't try to eat in the north during fasting they stone you to death
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ledaman: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2021
I had the opportunity to meet a chef of former governor of Kaduna state the chef told me has been working with him before he became the governor and he is a core born again Christian no intimidation from either the governor or his kids and the chef children visit @ will just like one family.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ledaman: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
kissdabride:
Ignorant fellow.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Nickymichy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Am working for them as i speak... infact i prefer to work for them than any pastor or any GO for that matter...the problems with we Nigerians is that we don't know our boundaries.. respect is a reciprocal.. when you know their dis and don't....and you do the needful, I don't think there will be any problem.

7 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
I worked for a core muslim man from the north. I rose from supervisor to a manager before I resigned.

I was his brain and hammer. I made money for him. I was honest to a fault. Well, he never trusted me cus he felt I was too intelligent to be trusted. I proved him wrong. I was always ahead of him like a chess grandmaster.

Las las he bought a car for me and later collected it. (Someday I will open a thread on d topic). The managers of the other brances began to snitch, because I was out-performed them.And then He started to listen and believe them; acting accordingly, then I quit.

Back to it topic
Anyways, if you work for them, all they need is ur trust and loyalty. Slavish loyalty. You remained a servitor to a leidge. Once you give them that that loyalty...you got them. LOYALTY IS A BURDEN.

Unfortunately, this man is a sunni muslim and a fanatics. I am a cosa nostra. So we mind our business.

If you're ready to sacrifice ur personality, go and work for them. A muslim man will make u feel that they're nice and honest but they're the worst hypocrite.

Feeding and tips is not their headache. They do that but guy, if u dare show them that you're intelligent and want to be rationale, they'll ridicule you. I'm talking about Hausa muslim. These are things that dull people don't know. Dull people don't dig deep. Give them job and daz all.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by BRATISLAVA: 12:14am On Jun 03, 2021
fatymore:
Some are even trying to shove down their religious views down our throat on this thread grin grin angry

Simple thread, you don dey preach tongue

I remembered when I was in secondary school, my CRK teacher would always want to force me to attend her class, she says Islam doesn't fits me, a whole Amirah of a Public school cheesy

Aren't you the one preaching against Christians on the thread? You're leaking intolerance all over the place. That's the problem with hijabis, they are always more extremist, hateful and aggressive than their male counterparts.

You are Muslim, speak for Muslims. Don't try and bitterly assume what a Christian would do. Because if you want to hear bad tales on this topic, I will give you several instances of intolerance from Muslims towards Christian staff and toward Muslim women staff by Muslims. I will tell you how they rejoiced openly after a particular bombing and nobody could complain before they would cry islamophobia.

Whilst you seek to disparage Christians you have come across as a largely intolerant Muslim, which isn't really a surprise.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by SmallmebigGod: 12:18am On Jun 03, 2021
Useless question
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by 77star: 12:24am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

Yeah. The GREATEST Nigerian ever. May God send Divine helper to you, bros.
Was this not Professor Solihu B.?
I used to hear this name and his good deeds
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 12:28am On Jun 03, 2021
77star:

Was this not Professor Solihu B.?
I used to hear this name and his good deeds

No! Never heard about that person.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by 77star: 12:31am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

No! Never heard about that person.
I mean professo Solihu Biobaku?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by olmoRoc: 12:38am On Jun 03, 2021
If they're devoted Muslim, it would be better than working for a fake Christian family.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by manuel65(m): 1:19am On Jun 03, 2021
J
Better don't dare, unless u are ready to convert to Islam. They won't like u enough because of ur religion. I've bn in d North for over 10years and I know what they are capable of
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Fiscus105(m): 2:31am On Jun 03, 2021
NEIGHBOUR:

From my little experience, even though i'm a Christian, i find Muslims more compassionate to work with.
With Muslims, you know where he or she stands on any issue but my Christian brothers eh. May God help us.
Even daddy GO of RCCG years back ssid he preferred giving camp construction contracts to Muslims instead of his members because of trust issues.

oga when was dad GO said that?

though you confirmed of your myopic experience when it comes to people personalities, religion has very little effects on human characters, you are saying giberish because of you are either a Muslim man who is trying to dignifying is religion or you lack experience when it comes to interpersonal relations,most especially when it comes to other religions.

NB. I work with 3 different HOD in quick successions.

Ist was Christian who is redeemed pastor, I knew how good and liberal he was

2nd was very chronicle Muslim (tesblic) this was extremely good and honest during his tenure the best HOD we ever had
and

at present a Muslim man too as HOD. Alahji, he is bad man, he always thinks that everyone but him is evil, infact I knew how he completely condernmed his fellow Muslim when he was in charged as HOD. He talks ill of everybody in his absence.

divide and rule is his the 2nd name

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by RALPHOW(m): 2:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Just set a boundary on religion discussions.
Never say a word whenever religion issue is discussed.
You are not there to preach to them, however always remember to pray for them and let your behaviour and attitude represent Jesus Christ.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Fiscus105(m): 2:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Nickymichy:
Am working for them as i speak... infact i prefer to work for them than any pastor or any GO for that matter...the problems with we Nigerians is that we don't know our boundaries.. respect is a reciprocal.. when you know their dis and don't....and you do the needful, I don't think there will be any problem.

how many GO and other Christians have you worked with before, also how many Muslim you work with before you jump to conclusion?

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:42am On Jun 03, 2021
PasswordChanger:
Wen I dey young I went to carry rental chairs in a Muslim house, I jus called JESUS...don't no what happen dat I said it..

Den one of his children told me dat dey don't mention dat name in dis compound.

Op, I pray it won't end in premium tears

The Child lack full knowledge of Islam,any Muslim who failed to believed was Jesus stand for needs to rethink
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Tizu(m): 4:55am On Jun 03, 2021
The best of my friends and neighbours and colleagues in business are Muslims.
But @Mbuhari #IamIgbotoo waiting for your genocide.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by HRMK: 5:16am On Jun 03, 2021
a muslim family hardly employs a christian bcs a mosque is always attached to the building.he or she wuld be forced to worship with the fml!is that not #onechance?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 5:46am On Jun 03, 2021
77star:

I mean professo Solihu Biobaku?

The name is Saburi Oladeni Biobaku. May God raise your own helper for you. If not for him life would have treated me wickedly. Remain blessed, Sir.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by k4kenny(f): 5:48am On Jun 03, 2021
jomoh:
No Muslim family will ever stop you from going to church nor refuse to give you food cos they’re fasting but don’t expect them to go out of their way to make you food while they’re fasting. They won’t stop you from accessing their foods if you had access to it prior to fasting.

You’re only expressing fear of what you know most Christians do to Muslims working under them.

This is like a predator walking into the territory of the prey thinking he’d be treated same way preys are treated by his fellow predators.

Exactly! The average Christian would never let a Muslim living under them practice their religion. Be it their wives or househelps, you must go to church with them.

Muslims on the other hand, do not impose the Deen on anyone. I've had Christian househelps for close to 10 years. They're free to practice their religion and eat during Ramadan (tho they might have to cook for themselves).

There's no compulsion in religion. To you is your religion, to me is mine. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by phemmyfour: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.
As long as you don't hinder me to practice my religion, we are good

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by kindlyheart: 6:00am On Jun 03, 2021
Rrchrd:

Things am pondering on;
fasting

they will accommodate you well, treat you very well. they are nice especially if the see you as an honest person.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2021
If all this comments are true, so who then are the jihadists, bokoharam haram ,iswap beheading , daggering and beheading people? undecided.

I believe all this testimonies is what Jos people made until they lost their lives and properties. Gyro street in jos south is still standing as a reminder that " leaf wey dey kill goat na im still dey kill am".

When you live with someone who can be very nice nice to you but will not cherish any past memory with you, only to bring out a dagger over some flimsy religious beliefs,when your so called friend will be the first to point you out to a crowd of angry religious fanatics to be slaughtered ,it's a no no no for me.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Sheuns(m): 6:26am On Jun 03, 2021
kissdabride:

Those guys don’t understand Islam. They just follow whatever they’re told.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Theta1: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2021
They force their religion on us. Ask us to ask during Ramadan and go to mosque with them. All na scam
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Jaapu: 6:51am On Jun 03, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
I worked for a core muslim man from the north. I rose from supervisor to a manager before I resigned.

I was his brain and hammer. I made money for him. I was honest to a fault. Well, he never trusted me cus he felt I was too intelligent to be trusted. I proved him wrong. I was always ahead of him like a chess grandmaster.

Las las he bought a car for me and later collected it. (Someday I will open a thread on d topic). The managers of the other brances began to snitch, because I was out-performed them.And then He started to listen and believe them; acting accordingly, then I quit.

Back to it topic
Anyways, if you work for them, all they need is ur trust and loyalty. Slavish loyalty. You remained a servitor to a leidge. Once you give them that that loyalty...you got them. LOYALTY IS A BURDEN.

Unfortunately, this man is a sunni muslim and a fanatics. I am a cosa nostra. So we mind our business.

If you're ready to sacrifice ur personality, go and work for them. A muslim man will make u feel that they're nice and honest but they're the worst hypocrite.

Feeding and tips is not their headache. They do that but guy, if u dare show them that you're intelligent and want to be rationale, they'll ridicule you. I'm talking about Hausa muslim. These are things that dull people don't know. Dull people don't dig deep. Give them job and daz all.

Your problem is you think you are intelligent.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by yommen: 7:05am On Jun 03, 2021
CharisEleos:

How is he a religious bigot for trying to understand his working environment.? Or must he practice their religion because he's working for them?
Can you do it?

You people should try and get the message of a post before judging the poster.

All the Ops' wants to be sure of is, if his employers are not going to force their religious practices on him since he's not of the same religion as them and it's not out of place for him to ask because religious differences sometimes could pose a problem and clashes on the job in the long run hence the need to ask to avoid any future brouhaha.

So he needs to know if it's better not to even take up the job.
He's not saying he cant work with a Muslim. Therefore he's not a religious bigot.

Is it here he will get answers concerning his employer? That's the mistake people make. No two Muslims will ever behave the same way. Religion is a personal thing especially thing. There are many Muslim families in Yoruba land that their children have already converted to Christians and there are no issues. I'm a typical example. There are few too where either only the father or mother is still against the child/children's conversion. So...the OP cannot get answers about a particular family here when the family is not some national or multinational bodies. I'm not a Muslim but what I see is that the OP has been filled with gibberish he read on Nairaland about Yoruba Muslims, news emmanating from only mumuric without the consent of general Muslims.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Offpoint1: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:
The best experience I have ever had in life. I was recommended to a Muslim professor from my Department in the university in the mid-1980s. They were three brothers each having his own Business. My Master was the eldest. I don't want to mention his name, because it's a popular Muslim family in Yorubaland. A few days after I started work (I was living in the premises like a member of the family) the haemorrhoids (piles) I had been nursing from my university days got burst. Instead of sending me away as a new worker, this great man had me admitted in LUTH and I was operated on. He cautioned that I shouldn't tell any of my people, not even my twin brother. He saw me through the illness. He wouldn't allow me to go back to work until I was totally healed.
At the end of about four years, he got me fixed up in another job, which has remained my profession since 1989. Earlier, he had sent me on a training.
When I was about to do my wedding in 1994, this great man bought clothes for me and my fiancee from London(he had a personal home in London).
Lest I forget. He came to my new workplace(I had left him then) in 1990 and told me that he would be going to London. I told him that I needed a VHS video player. He bought it for me for £250 pounds. I still have the receipt. It was an Hitachi Front Loader.
Earlier in 1987, whilst I was still with him, he would be going to Switzerland. He bought for me a colour television, called SABA, 99 channels.
It's remarkable that all of us working for these brothers were Christians. Never was anyone discriminated against!
I don't want to mention his name. He died in February 2001 at 83 years. He's from Egbaland while I'm from Ekiti. I wept my eyes out at his death.
If you do not believe this story, it shows how far down Nigeria has gone. It's a true life story and God knows that I do not have anything to gain by lying at my time of life. I'll be 64 years old in November, by His grace.
Interestingly, I wasn't the only one this great man did a good turn for. I've heard many stories told about his generosity. May God preserve the soul of Professor S. O. B.
That Muslim is not a bad man, just as that Christian too is a good man. Most of our mutual suspicions were engendered by the politicians. I'm a born again Christian and Professor S. O. B. did not at any time put me to scorn. I still enjoy the fact of my affiliation with him to this day and I'm still in touch with members of the family. What I said about him was just a little of the love he showed me.
I wish I could tell you more, but I'm preparing my Biography, to be published by my personal publishing firm later. The man introduced me to publishing. I WILL never forget that great man. My prayers is that whoever are named with him this side of Eternity shall never beg to eat, IJN.
I never knew there are Elderly people like you on Nairaland, I'm honored to read your write up.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days / Remote Job: Please Which Online Course Can Get Me Good Remote Job? / Ushering Jobs For Females

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.