Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... (24639 Views)

Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? / If You Live On The Mainland And you Work On The Island,this Is For You!!! / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Offpoint1:

I never knew there are Elderly people like you on Nairaland, I'm honored to read your write up.

My cousin who's 72 is on Nairaland. Nairaland is an intellectual forum. You learn everyday. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Akhee: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
◆ will they give chance to go-to church
◆will they give food when they're on their
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.
. And for them too as long as you don't do over sabi. Dem go pay you in due time and also feed you too even during fasting period. Why did they employ you in the first place knowing you are a Christian. Because they are going to treat you right. I suggest you go for the job.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by 4four(m): 7:36am On Jun 03, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.
I do not known why some Nigerians like to attach region to everything, always looking all the issues around them through religion perspectives. Let me just give u straight forward answer, working for a Muslim does not guarantee treating u right or wrong same thing apply to when u are working for Christian even do u re Christian. Just de pray make u work for helper who may be Muslim or Christian

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Offpoint1: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

My cousin who's 72 is on Nairaland. Nairaland is an intellectual forum. You learn everyday. Thanks.
I made my assumption based on comments I've been reading on Nairaland sir. There are some many immature comments on the forum, I sometimes wondered if it's teen forum.
I guess 1976 is your birth year, I'm honored to engage an Elder here for the first time.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:07am On Jun 03, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
Go there n win their soul for Jesus Christ
I pity for you
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ultimateprof: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2021
For years now I've been working for a Muslim and this have been one of the best things that have ever happened to me. During their fasting they will shower you gifts and your salary will be paid almost every 24th of every month and your promotion will be steady.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2021
Offpoint1:

I made my assumption based on comments I've been reading on Nairaland sir. There are some many immature comments on the forum, I sometimes wondered if it's teen forum.
I guess 1976 is your birth year, I'm honored to engage an Elder here for the first time.

It shows that you didn't read my post. I'll be 64 years on November 14th, by His grace. There are professors on Nairaland, this I know. Let's continue to pray for our country and the government no matter the scale of our present challenges.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by 77star: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

The name is Saburi Oladeni Biobaku. May God raise your own helper for you. If not for him life would have treated me wickedly. Remain blessed, Sir.
Amen, thank you.

I be hustler, but my life is somehow
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2021
77star:

Amen, thank you.

And I also say may God never ever let you down too, amen.

As I'm writing to you, life is hitting me hard, as I'm trying is just getting harder, ur prayer makes me smile

E o ni wale lai lai, ati awon aromo domo yin, amen.

Baba e jor mo Fi proff. saburi yi beyin, ejo e wo ola won e bless mi sir, I be hustler, but my life is somehow

Please I beg u to Bless me with anything u are capable of in his name, thanks.

No, I don't do it! I give of free will. Remember that there's nothing I give you that can be of enduring value. It can only meet present challenges which I don't support.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by 77star: 9:27am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

No, I don't do it! I give of free will. Remember that there's nothing I give you that can be of enduring value. It can only meet present challenges which I don't support.
Alright
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 9:28am On Jun 03, 2021
77star:

Amen, thank you.

And I also say may God never ever let you down too, amen.

As I'm writing to you, life is hitting me hard, as I'm trying is just getting harder, ur prayer makes me smile

E o ni wale lai lai, ati awon aromo domo yin, amen.

Baba e jor mo Fi proff. saburi yi beyin, ejo e wo ola won e bless mi sir, I be hustler, but my life is somehow

Please I beg u to Bless me with anything u are capable of in his name, thanks.

No, I don't do it! I give of free will. Remember that there's nothing I give you that can be of enduring value. It can only meet present challenges which isn't a reasonable intervention.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Sholaco: 9:37am On Jun 03, 2021
Lovely beautiful experience

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Cnach: 9:54am On Jun 03, 2021
I can employ an opposite religion in my firm but not in my house as anything...it can never happen. Make I dey deal with the devil l know
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Necxs: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2021
I will prefer to work for a Muslim around the north than to work for A christian.

Northern Muslims are sincere and understanding to the core when you're working with them.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Spidermon: 10:57am On Jun 03, 2021
ekestic1976:

Yeah. The GREATEST Nigerian ever. May God send Divine helper to you, bros.

Amen sir

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Never!! I can't stand them
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by paix(m): 11:04am On Jun 03, 2021
How do you spread the gospel if you don't intermingle?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Ayilara1(m): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Divoc19:

True.
Religion is for the poor in spirit, finance and mental health people

Yes, that's why an average Saudi man is better than an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by abuaaliyah(m): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2021
muslem are the most easiest person to work with go their with one mind and you will enjoy your stay with them. they will not even preach to you about the religion not to talk of forcing you to practice their religion

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Bunmhi(f): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
No religion is greater than business

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Zeinymira(f): 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
Wittyduchess post=102318223:
If all this comments are true, so who then are the jihadists, bokoharam haram ,iswap beheading , daggering and beheading people? undecided.

I believe all this testimonies is what Jos people made until they lost their lives and properties. Gyro street in jos south is still standing as a reminder that " leaf wey dey kill goat na im still dey kill am".

When you live with someone who can be very nice nice to you but will not cherish any past memory with you, only to bring out a dagger over some flimsy religious beliefs,when your so called friend will be the first to point you out to a crowd of angry religious fanatics to be slaughtered ,it's a no no no for me.

But when we tell you these jihadists are not Muslims you will argue with us because they have Muslim names. These people are not practicing Islam in any form. Only that media has stereotyped Islam so badly and people are not ready to do research but just what they say hook line and sinker
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by dominique(f): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
IkengaRussell:
Worked for one Fulani he-goat between 2014 and 2016..The man was such a hopeless,bigoted extremist.I endured his shit till i couldn't take it no more.One morning,i typed my resignation letter and went to work.The guy started his usual Igbo people did this,Igbo people did that.Before the aboki go finish the sentence three of his teeth were lying on the floor.I submitted the letter on my way out.He used the cops to chase me for months but i had already left the God forsaken town..Muslims are just too damn sinister.

You that violently attacked him is not sinister right?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by zedman1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
I won't have any problem working with a Muslim family/boss, in fact I prefer working with them. I'm not one who mixes religion with work and from my experience, Muslims are less interfering. Some christian families/bosses would want to force you to attend their church/ pray with them against your wish, if you refuse they'll be looking at you one kain or worse lay you off.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by IkengaRussell(m): 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
dominique:

You that violently attacked him is not sinister right?

I was under constant psychological abuse for years..I snapped.I dont regret it though.Would gladly do it again.Will even take it further if given the chance again.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by dadayung1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
I work with a Muslim Director, the company observe Muslim and Christian holidays..... So far no religious issues.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Tarabye: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by HARMYMY(f): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
shedy03:

They will definitely want you to work on Sundays, ensure you insist you have to go to church and stay off-work even after church. And if they observe you are not serious about your religion, they will convince you to convert to Islam. They will use material things and money to entice you.
Man shall not live on food alone, make plans to feed yourself during fasting.

This hypocrisy
Even some Christians find it difficult to tolerate each other church doctrine. What if the ops boss happen to be a Christian and he attend seventh day Adventist?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by VicM6: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2021
Rrchrd:

Things am pondering on;
fasting

If na yoruba muslim, during fasting enh u o chop food bcus dem too dey hide eat food.... so u go join dem dey hide eat inside house. but if na hausa Muslim, then u are done for good...

Ab church matter, even yoruba muslims dey go church.... walia no wonder hausa dey call Yoruba muslims infidel..... I just like the Yoruba's alot......

But no cross road enter hausa family o.... dem be bush dog..

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Rrchrd(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
konkonbilo:
rubbish post. All this kind kindergarten post sef
Hush Professor post, you just exhibite your immaturity here
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by oloyedewaris(m): 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
CharisEleos:

How is he a religious bigot for trying to understand his working environment.? Or must he practice their religion because he's working for them?
Can you do it?

You people should try and get the message of a post before judging the poster.

All the Ops' wants to be sure of is, if his employers are not going to force their religious practices on him since he's not of the same religion as them and it's not out of place for him to ask because religious differences sometimes could pose a problem and clashes on the job in the long run hence the need to ask to avoid any future brouhaha.

So he needs to know if it's better not to even take up the job.
He's not saying he cant work with a Muslim. Therefore he's not a religious bigot.
So instead of him to ask his employer, he is asking on Nairaland, he is a religion bigot because he's trying to create argument between the two religions
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by oloyedewaris(m): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
arindin ni e.o gbon rara.hes asking a serious question that deserves a reasonable answer because he's obviously having doubts but all you could do is call him names

Shebi tanba peyan labifun,apa Inu e mo.

If the world calls you violent and intolerant ,at least you will prove them wrong that you are "peaceful" grin lipsrsealed

Even though we really know what you are grin
Story
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by mrwonlasewonie: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Story
e pain am grin

Mo mu ibito dun grin

Koshi danu jare grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment / Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.