Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... (24645 Views)

Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? / If You Live On The Mainland And you Work On The Island,this Is For You!!! / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by airminem(f): 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
shedy03:

This one, where are you from?
Muslim that would say "there's no compulsion in religion". And they will be calling a non-muslim "kafir". And when a non-muslim refuse to convert, that's when the non-muslim will not be worth to live.
Wallai Muslim will disturb even violently and want a non-muslim to convert.
Abeg, do your own and let others do their own.
LIES. Senior LIAR MOHAMMADU like you

7 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by IkengaRussell(m): 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Worked for one Fulani he-goat between 2014 and 2016..The man was such a hopeless,bigoted extremist.I endured his shit till i couldn't take it no more.One morning,i typed my resignation letter and went to work.The guy started his usual Igbo people did this,Igbo people did that.Before the aboki go finish the sentence three of his teeth were lying on the floor.I submitted the letter on my way out.He used the cops to chase me for months but i had already left the God forsaken town..Muslims are just too damn sinister.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by shedy03(m): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
fatymore:

This is what a typical Christian does. No Muslim will tell a Christian not to go to church but some Christian oga won't allow you go for jumat or wear the smallest cape
This one, you are definitely an extremist.
Christians that are thought to love, Christians are gentle and not aggressive like muslims.
Am sure you you don't know what you are saying, you are only making up hate statements.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by fatymore(f): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
shedy03:

This one, you definitely an extremist.
Christians that are thought to love, Christians are gentle and not aggressive like muslims.
Am sure you you don't know what you are saying, you are only making up hate statements.

Last reply to you. Read the thread or go and sleep

5 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by airminem(f): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
IkengaRussell:
Worked for one Fulani he-goat between 2014 and 2016..The man was such a hopeless,bigoted extremist.I endured his shit till i couldn't take it no more.One morning,i typed my resignation letter and went to work.The guy started his usual Igbo people did this,Igbo people did that.Before the aboki go finish the sentence three of his teeth were lying on the floor.I submitted the letter on my way out.He used the cops to chase me for months but i had already left the God forsaken town..Muslims are just too damn sinister.
come closer guy...oya take

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
Very USELESS and inciting religion intolerance POST cool

SEUN GOD PUNISH YOU !!! For allowing this kind of GENOCIDAL POST !!!

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Ashirioluwa: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
◆ will they give chance to go-to church
◆will they give food when they're on their
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.

People (employers) behavior are not always the same. You might not experience what I experienced from my own employer.

You will have to take the job to have real experience of what you are into.

One job not to do in Nigeria and United arab emirate is House help because majority (not all) of those who employed house help in Nigeria and UAE are evil and selfish people
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Taroshi(m): 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2021
During my Service year, I taught students at their homes. Their parents were Muslims, very kind ones.

I simply learnt the 'way of the submission' [Islam], even got named Tanimola Musa. Lol.
Whenever they celebrated, I took goodies home.

We never had a reason to talk about religious differences. I came to teach even on Sundays!
I even learnt more from them.

Focus on what you came for: working for them.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by IkengaRussell(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
airminem:
come closer guy...oya take

Wetin dat one come mean?You had better go back to looking for customers,you know sey u gats pay your room fee na.Its past 10pm,rush hour has started.Go and search for customers.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by airminem(f): 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Frontail:
Very USELESS and inciting religion intolerance POST cool

SEUN GOD PUNISH YOU !!! For allowing this kind of GENOCIDAL POST !!!
Are you okay? Let me give you severe pains so u can go to bed now...u sef take

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Taiwojon(m): 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
Uphold your stands to compromise.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Ray333(m): 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
I worked with Muslims(Educated and wealthy Hausa family sha) over 2 years
They have never interfered with my religious views and I was given weekend offs just to attend services.
And during fasting my meal was made 3 times regardless.
If they are educated and exposed they don't have a problem but when you meet the illiterates and fanatics hmmm.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Toosure70: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
It can only happen in SW
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by fatymore(f): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
Some are even trying to shove down their religious views down our throat on this thread grin grin angry

Simple thread, you don dey preach tongue

I remembered when I was in secondary school, my CRK teacher would always want to force me to attend her class, she says Islam doesn't fits me, a whole Amirah of a Public school cheesy

8 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
PasswordChanger:
Wen I dey young I went to carry rental chairs in a Muslim house, I jus called JESUS...don't no what happen dat I said it..

Den one of his children told me dat dey don't mention dat name in dis compound.

Op, I pray it won't end in premium tears
NA shrine you go my guy grin
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Sterope(f): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
Hi, I just read what you wrote again. I don't think we should be bringing that into this thread. Both sides can be extreme in forcing their belief on others. Down South, it is mostly the Christian. It is a majority/powerful vs minority dynamics.

fatymore:
I was complimenting your post. No harm

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by mrwonlasewonie: 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Tribal and religious bigot
arindin ni e.o gbon rara.hes asking a serious question that deserves a reasonable answer because he's obviously having doubts but all you could do is call him names

Shebi tanba peyan labifun,apa Inu e mo.

If the world calls you violent and intolerant ,at least you will prove them wrong that you are "peaceful" grin lipsrsealed

Even though we really know what you are grin
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by fatymore(f): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
grin

Okay

Thanks

Sterope:
Hi, I just read what you wrote again. I don't think we should be bringing that into this thread. Both sides can be extreme in forcing their belief on others. Down South, it is mostly the Christian. It is a majority/powerful vs minority dynamics.

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by kendrick9(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
shedy03:

This one, you are definitely an extremist.
You haven't met a Deeper life or Jehovah witness member?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by maasoap(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:
As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
fasting

Though as for me Regardless of your religions as long as you're good I will like you.

Muslims usually are not hell bent on imposing their religion on someone of different faith living or working with them. But can't say the same thing for the other side

8 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by konkonbilo(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:

Things am pondering on;
fasting

rubbish post. All this kind kindergarten post sef
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Solatium(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
[quote author=Rrchrd post=102271905]As a Christian can you work for a Muslim as Live-in Driver, Chef, Housekeeper,Steward, Etc. or if you've worked for them before please share your experience I just need some advice

Things am pondering on;
fasting

They will never stop you from practicing your religion,infact they will be the first to remind if church service on Sunday morning.

They won't stop you from eating during the Ramadan but don't expect them to give you good during the day time,but enough food is guarantee when during the iftar (Break)
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Solatium(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:

Things am pondering on;
fasting

They will never stop you from practicing your religion,infact they will be the first to remind if church service on Sunday morning.

They won't stop you from eating during the Ramadan but don't expect them to give you good during the day time,but enough food is guarantee when during the iftar (Break)

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by KunleyY19(m): 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
CharisEleos:

How is he a religious bigot for trying to understand his working environment.? Or must he practice their religion because he's working for them?
Can you do it?

You people should try and get the message of a post before judging the poster.

All the Ops' wants to be sure of is, if his employers are not going to force their religious practices on him since he's not of the same religion as them and it's not out of place for him to ask because religious differences sometimes could pose a problem and clashes on the job in the long run hence the need to ask to avoid any future brouhaha.

So he needs to know if it's better not to even take up the job.
He's not saying he cant work with a Muslim. Therefore he's not a religious bigot.
He could have asked them and not coming to Nairaland to ask. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by TundRash(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2021
fatymore:
sincerely. Let's turn this thread the other way round and read pathetic stories

Sincerely, Muslims are usually more tolerant especially in matters of this kind. Christians are the ones who are always looking for who to convert to their religion.

In most cases, Hijabi Muslim females have near zero chance of employment from Christians. They are conditioned to either stop wearing the Hijab and forsake their faith or look elsewhere for employment.

As a secondary school student back then, I, together with my Hijabi elder sister who was a teacher, lived in a Christian compound. Despite knowing that we are devout Muslims, this people made several attempts to make me follow them to their Church on Sundays.

Years later when I visited them after SSCE, one of them curiously asked if i were still a Muslim. In my mind, I was like "how is that your business"? You just do your thing let me do my thing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by teacherbim(f): 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
shedy03:

This one, where are you from?
Muslim that would say "there's no compulsion in religion". And they will be calling a non-muslim "kafir". And when a non-muslim refuse to convert, that's when the non-muslim will not be worth to live.
Wallai Muslim will disturb even violently and want a non-muslim to convert.
Abeg, do your own and let others do their own.

Muslim hardly do that, they don't preach for Christians to convert to Islam as we Christians do

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by pauladonis(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by pauladonis(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
kingjooo:
@op any vacancy? Btw i'm a real christian.

There's always vacancy if you have the right set of skills. So, let me ask you something...

Did you know that international clients pay *copywriters* hundreds of dollars to write for them?

Ehn, yeah, well there's a copywriting course worth #40k that will teach you how to start copywriting and get clients willing to pay you hundreds of dollars per month.

Are you interested in learning this high-value skill? Can you pay *"2k"* to secure your spot in a crowdfunding group? If yes, click here now: https ://wa. link/kdakau

*Less than 5 spots left.*
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Spidermon: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
ekestic1976:
The best experience I have ever had in life. I was recommended to a Muslim professor from my Department in the university in the mid-1980s. They were three brothers each having his own Business. My Master was the eldest. I don't want to mention his name, because it's a popular Muslim family in Yorubaland. A few days after I started work (I was living in the premises like a member of the family) the haemorrhoids (piles) I had been nursing from my university days got burst. Instead of sending me away as a new worker, this great man had me admitted in LUTH and I was operated on. He cautioned that I shouldn't tell any of my people, not even my twin brother. He saw me through the illness. He wouldn't allow me to go back to work until I was totally healed.
At the end of about four years, he got me fixed up in another job, which has remained my profession since 1989. Earlier, he had sent me on a training.
When I was about to do my wedding in 1994, this great man bought clothes for me and my fiancee from London(he had a personal home in London).
Lest I forget. He came to my new workplace(I had left him then) in 1990 and told me that he would be going to London. I told him that I needed a VHS video player. He bought it for me for £250 pounds. I still have the receipt. It was an Hitachi Front Loader.
Earlier in 1987, whilst I was still with him, he would be going to Switzerland. He bought for me a colour television, called SABA, 99 channels.
It's remarkable that all of us working for these brothers were Christians. Never was anyone discriminated against!
I don't want to mention his name. He died in February 2001 at 83 years. He's from Egbaland while I'm from Ekiti. I wept my eyes out at his death.
If you do not believe this story, it shows how far down Nigeria has gone. It's a true life story and God knows that I do not have anything to gain by lying at my time of life. I'll be 64 years old in November, by His grace.
Interestingly, I wasn't the only one this great man did a good turn for. I've heard many stories told about his generosity. May God preserve the soul of Professor S. O. B.
That Muslim is not a bad man, just as that Christian too is a good man. Most of our mutual suspicions were engendered by the politicians. I'm a born again Christian and Professor S. O. B. did not at any time put me to scorn. I still enjoy the fact of my affiliation with him to this day and I'm still in touch with members of the family. What I said about him was just a little of the love he showed me.
I wish I could tell you more, but I'm preparing my Biography, to be published by my personal publishing firm later. The man introduced me to publishing. I WILL never forget that great man. My prayers is that whoever are named with him this side of Eternity shall never beg to eat, IJN.

Biob*ku
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by ekestic1976(f): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Spidermon:

Biob*ku

Yeah. The GREATEST Nigerian ever. May God send Divine helper to you, bros.
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by Heterodox(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rrchrd:

Things am pondering on;
fasting

Does church going feeds you or pay your bills? So why is it central?
Re: As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... by fapcrook(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
My mum's drivers all the while have been christians and no problem with that. She allows them to have Sundays as off days, gives them food especially lunch during Ramadan only that one of them like to 'pokenose' in matter that doesn't concern him which she doesn't like. Otherwise no problem. They've been driving her for two years now

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy / Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.