Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy (47572 Views)

FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy / May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy / Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by wwwihy: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
Will you force employers?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by sojfarm: 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
Just for employment and promotion, but not for admission for MSc.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Lekan239(m): 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
BKayy:
So no need to score high in jamb to go to University when the degree you'll get there is the same with one guy that scored 160 and went to poly
jamb na exam ni
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by tayo4ng(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
Who he help, is this a guarantee to get a job
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Maddestdp(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
It doesn't affect academics. They will never agree. HND background can never lecture. They won't accept it.

etokhana:

https://leadership.ng/breaking-senate-passes-law-prohibiting-discrimination-against-hnd-holders/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by omooba2015(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
There should be an hierarchy in the system.. Bsc and Hnd..
Are they using same syllabus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Obalowe(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
How does this solve the problem of unemployment in the country? Even with your MSc there are chances you won't get job.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
geonell:
good. poly students can now rejoice. Be broud to saying it am a HND graduation student. just like me say it all the time

Is this English or alien language?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by edoairways: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
tydi:
They should also create jobs and not wasting time on frivolities .

Naija legislature Na scam!

Judiciary Na Junk.

The government doesn't create jobs
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by edoairways: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
Obalowe:
How does this solve the problem of unemployment in the country? Even with your MSc there are chances you won't get job.
They should remove age restrictions on job application

6 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Kingrefreshed: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by chatinent: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Removed dichotomy without jobs.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by edoairways: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Maddestdp:
It doesn't affect academics. They will never agree. HND background can never lecture. They won't accept it.

The court will decide that

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Angrygoat: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Who dey go again. Abegi
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Bluffly: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
Wrong move. Abolish HND period. What is higher National Diploma. Confusionists or make it a year. Also National service does not mean they are equal as they can never be

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by benweezy: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
Is there need for pgd again?
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Theoarhics: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
They should pass bill banning casual staff
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Kayode441: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
This is not the problem right now.. No jobs
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Simplythebest: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
This should not only be on job. It should include doing masters both in and outside the country after finishing HND not that they will tell u that u can't do masters with HND that is not recognized. The school aspect should be the major priority cus the HND is not recognized outside the country. They should make sure that HND and BSc is use and accepted like WAEC and NECO but in and outside the country.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Ekg911(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
Make jobs available hmm make I no talk wetin dey my mind ooh undecided
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by MrHighSea: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
It'll usher in more chaos.

HND can't lecture.
HND can't register as a senior member in some professional bodies.
HND can't run Masters directly.

In engineering, We have Craftsman (SSCE), Technicians(Ond), Technologist (HND), Engineer(Bsc).

They should revise the curriculum of Polytechnics, then award them B.Tech.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Deloo: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Whether abolishing whether dichotomy, where is the employment in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
But was there a reason behind the discrimination to begin with? Are HND holders on par with Bsc holders intellectually? Worth asking because most HND holders I know go on to enroll for Bsc degrees too. No foreign University will admit you for a masters program with a HND. So maybe there is a reason for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Bluffly: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Simplythebest:
This should not only be on job. It should include doing masters both in and outside the country after finishing HND not that they will tell u that u can't do masters with HND that is not recognized. The school aspect should be the major priority cus the HND is not recognized outside the country. They should make sure that HND and BSc is use and accepted like WAEC and NECO but in and outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Chuukwudi(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mitcheew
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by tayooluwole: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:
Make una keep deceiving yourself.

How will you compare Bsc with ordinary HND.

To get admission in University, you need to score as high above 200 in JAMB.
But with just 120, you will get admission in any Polytechnic of your choice.

Incase you want to beat me, come my house

You're daft, I am a Bsc holder but i will like you tell me the difference between BSC and HND. No be the same environment of learning? Most HND holders i know are far brilliant than some of us way grad from Uni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Jocknom(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
It doesn't mean. Make we learn handiwork abeg. Na who get who go connect you the send results for this country. I'm yet to collect my original since 2016
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Anaerobi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:
Make una keep deceiving yourself.

How will you compare Bsc with ordinary HND.

To get admission in University, you need to score as high above 200 in JAMB.
But with just 120, you will get admission in any Polytechnic of your choice.

Incase you want to beat me, come my house

Lol... Na yeye u be o

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Anaerobi(m): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
They should call off the strike first...
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Alex80s(m): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
I hope they are aware that there is great difference in the syllabus for BSc and HND.

They need to make there syllabus the same and change the general cut off mark to 200 and above.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by LordIsaac(m): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Quota system bill... Both are miles apart grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. / UNIZIK Student Commits Suicide In Anambra (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.