Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy (47545 Views)

FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy / May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy / Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by maste: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
See foolish people again. Are you going to force the few private employers of labour to toe the line when you are sitting there in Abuja and collecting millions every month and sometimes every week?. Fools what have you done to make the executive arm of government to create employment and investment climate. Useless people. Nigerians are being slaughtered everyday you are talking of certificate. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by melly4u: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
BKayy:
So no need to score high in jamb to go to University when the degree you'll get there is the same with one guy that scored 160 and wentpoly
Did u think is everybody that is In
d polytechnic that scored 160?
If u don't know what to say just keep shut

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ebonyfaf(f): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nice move. The annoying thing is that it doesn't get to second reading. Very soon, one will stop hearing about it.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
Best thing since sliced bread
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ceeceeco: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:
Make una keep deceiving yourself.

How will you compare Bsc with ordinary HND.

To get admission in University, you need to score as high above 200 in JAMB.
But with just 120, you will get admission in any Polytechnic of your choice. Most of the polytechnic students are practically learned than their university counter parts. Some university graduates are dummies.

Incase you want to beat me, come my house
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ceeceeco: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
Most Polytechnic graduates are practically learned than their university counter parts. Some of these university graduates are dummies.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ceeceeco: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:

But with just 120, you will get admission in any Polytechnic of your choice.

Most of the Polytechnic graduates are practically learned than their university counter parts. Some of these university graduates are dummies.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Carlylepneuma: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
i also think that the people that have been stagnated because of this barriers in their work place should be promoted nd let the promotion be back dated since the time they were due for it more so a committee should be set up to check any MDAS That refuse to adhere the bill as well as d promotion...
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Lastmankc(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mckeni007:
It's very selfish to compare an HND to a Bsc
One who's supposed to be an assistant Lecturer in university is an HOD in the politechnic.
Universities lecture politechnic lecturers
Politechnic is a dumping ground for below average intellectual students
Politechnic admission process is more like that of a secondary school
And you are a graduate with this spellings and tenses?

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by niyidenrele: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
Meaning henceforth,
Polytechnic can now awards the following
Degrees to any intending students or candidates,
Master Degree
Doctorate,
And above all ,
Professorship
As time goes on , they will start churning out many professor emeritus
And no need to score above 200 in jamb for Uni ,just score 150 ,boom Unilag,OAU,UI,UNN,UNiBEN,will start fighting for your signature....
A polytechnic rector can now fully applies for a post of Vice Chancellor in any Nigerian University without DISCRIMINATION

At least , they say the two certificate are now equal
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by niyidenrele: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Isobug:

So you don't have reasoning? Common sense cannot tell you it's because of this same dichotomy that led to that?
This is the explanation: Too many candidates are applying for a University degree due to fear of dichotomy and superiority issue. Now candidates overwhelmed Universities draining that of polytechnic. This scenario warrants Universities to increase the their Cut-off mark as many Departments will not hold more than their quota.
If I may ask you why do some University Department cut higher than the other? The answer is clear, thesame thing apply to HND/BSc.
For quoting sake, I started with polytechnic, idah, went University of Calabar and University of Akron for postgraduate

Mr learner
What happened to the award of
Master
Doctorate
Professorship
Emeritus Professor

Am sure they will start doing that from now
Going by your statement
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Chikeluba25(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
This will be the best thing Senate has done for Nigeria youth if ever they approve it.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by IYANGBALI: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
Finally bola146 don get hope with her HND Yoruba language be dat
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by niyidenrele: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Boyooosa:
Dead on Arrival!

Even if death warrant is signed alongside, some organizations would rather prefer death sentence.... angry

Laff wan kill me o
Kikikikikiki
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ndidibabe(f): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2021
melly4u:

Did u think is everybody that is In
d polytechnic that scored 160?
If u don't know what to say just keep shut
What will make someone who scored well above 160 want to attend a Polytechnic? Don't be deceived, HND and B.Sc can never be the same. If the government is really ready to get rid of the dichotomy, they should permit the Polytechnics to start awarding degree and gradually rename the polytechnics to University. Else, HND will always be what is it- a diploma.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Isobug: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
niyidenrele:

Mr learner
What happened to the award of
Master
Doctorate
Professorship
Emeritus Professor

Am sure they will start doing that from now
Going by your statement

If the foundation is shaky, the building needs corrections or outright demolition for a new one

You should know what I mean
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by dododawa1: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:

What will beat you is inside you.

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by tunary(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2021
Austin4Jesus:
Old same news that never gets implemented
Nigerians are still being fooled. This news has been on like years now but no action to activate
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by NextBuhari: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
HND and Bsc are not on the same. The university is the haven for the smartest and most intelligent minds. This policy is just to favour some section of the country who are predominantly HND holders.
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by yusman14(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
There is difference in the syllabus..and polytechnic education can't be compared to that of University..the workload and academics standards difference is clear..in poly some courses are just 150 pages..we do use like 1500pages book for just a course in my school..ask DE students the difference is just clear..
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by DonroxyII: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
tayooluwole:

You're daft, I am a Bsc holder but i will like you tell me the difference between BSC and HND. No be the same environment of learning? Most HND holders i know are far brilliant than some of us way grad from Uni
Then You are a Fool and a Myopic fool who is undeserving of a B.sc Certificate ....

How can someone below 180 in Jamb be more brilliant than someone above 180 ....

If such fellow is brilliant than you then you are a failure.....

Best Graduating Student in a Polytechnic can't be compared with Best Graduating Student in the University....

You Want to Compare B.sc(First Class) UniBadan with HND(Distinction) Ibadan Poly ...

They were not even taught by same qualities of lecturers ... not even same curriculum...

You want to compare someone being taught by a Professor and Opened Textbooks with Someone being taught be at most PhDs and on handouts...

Polytechnic is a Technical School .....
University is for Concept and Intellectualism

But Nigeria has a way of bastardising whatever they don't understand ....

As Usual, HND/B.sc Dichotomy will continue for ever ...

Elevate Polytechnic to University and close chapter... scrap HND ....

I will propose that all Technical Students in Universities should be allowed to initially enrolled in Polytechnic for 3years then Spend 3 years in Universities for complete Grasp of both Technical and Conceptual frameworks underpinning their studies !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ofiko123(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2021
smartty68:
Also include NEPA bill to it too.

Really??
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by ofiko123(m): 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nice one... the Nigerian Senate is working...I hope that the bill turns out to be very helpful..
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Teymanhenry(f): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
If you see degree and HND students you'll definitely realise a difference. Anyways, how does this change the unemployment rate in the country
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Teymanhenry(f): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
If you see degree and HND students you'll definitely realise a difference. Anyways, how does this change the unemployment rate in the country
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by lordatkinson07(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
To say HND and BSc are certificates of the same level simply means that their mode of entry will also be the same.

How can you gain admission with 3 credits/4 credits maximum (most credit subjects are not even relevant) as well as 120 or 100 marks in JAMB and compare with 5 credits/6 credits maximum with a minimum of 200 marks in JAMB (that will make your chances of getting admission shaking)?

After graduation, you now said the certificates are the same. OUR LAW-BREAKERS ARE CLOWNS.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Vetsolo(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
Carlylepneuma:
i also think that the people that have been stagnated because of this barriers in their work place should be promoted nd let the promotion be back dated since the time they were due for it more so a committee should be set up to check any MDAS That refuse to adhere the bill as well as d promotion...

They still remain stag nated at level 14 going to 15 unless they provide a masters or a BSC or it equivalent only Bsc can progress to 15 without itches

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Johnboom: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
tayooluwole:

You're daft, I am a Bsc holder but i will like you tell me the difference between BSC and HND. No be the same environment of learning? Most HND holders i know are far brilliant than some of us way grad from Uni
University Students are been taught by Professors but can you say that of Poly Students?
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Reddington(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
bcomputer101:

Lol. Sooooo much ignorance in a single post. Sorry, who told you all poly graduates/undergraduates made less that 200 in their JAMB exams? Are you that daft bro? Underestimate HND holders at your peril.. Your eye go clear one day... Don't worry.. The embarrassment you go land yourself go heavy lol. Don't say I didn't warn you
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Johnboom: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
This has nothing to do with private company. Private company recruit based on what you can offer and years of experience. In private company, you can see someone with OND being the HOD of someone with MSc. In my former place, my supervisor was HND holder while I have two MSc before I joined them. Though, I met him there, he was the one that interviewed me.
So you have two Msc and still looking for Job? What happen to your research. Which societal problem have you solved ?
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by BARITUAKA: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mckeni007:
It's very selfish to compare an HND to a Bsc
One who's supposed to be an assistant Lecturer in university is an HOD in the politechnic.
Universities lecture politechnic lecturers
Politechnic is a dumping ground for below average intellectual students
Politechnic admission process is more like that of a secondary school

you to go back to school my friend!
Re: Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy by Raph82(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
Boscolo:

A post by a University graduate. grin
Thank God I'm not the only one seeing it. University graduate indeed! Statement construction, diction (choice of words), spellings & logical flow, all went off track.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Primary School Pupil Takes 4 Of His Schoolmates To School On Okada / What Is Your 2019 JAMB Score? / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.