Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? (1646 Views)

My 6 Months Relationship Is About To Crumble / The US Government Just Admitted Aliens Exist. Why Isn't Anyone Talking About It? / Do You Believe That Aliens Exist? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You think you are correct.

But that's your cup of wine.

I don't need it.

You are nothing to me. Don't respond to my posts, fuckinng Uarian grin
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

You are nothing to me. Don't respond to my posts, fuckinng Uarian grin

This means nothing to me.
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by Johnholmes: 4:13am On Jun 05, 2021
Aliens existed even in biblical times.
The people in d Bible didn't know how to explain what they saw when they encountered them and often described d encounters as visions or some sort of supernatural stuff.
A classic example is when Ezekiel encountered a spaceship and didn't have d right words to describe it cause it's something he has never known or imagined.
Read d book of Ezekiel.

You too think am .... Could a guy in the early 1800s describe an airplane correctly if he encountered one??
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by Mrscarter(f): 10:27am On Jun 05, 2021
josh123:
OK, I will check it up on YouTube, what's the name of their YouTube channel?

Its NYSTV. Yeah tons of fascinating videos and theyre christian ppl too. U should check out as many videos as often as u can. If u ask me they actually make alot of sense n always back up their theories. They have alot of interesting guests too like gary wayne n tim alberino. Its more of a radio show they film it n discuss the bible and talk bout lotsa modern day issues but also alot of supernatural stuff thrown into the mix. I think youd enjoy them
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by SenecaTheYonger: 11:29am On Jun 05, 2021
josh123:
Just finished watching a movie about aliens, after watching, it got me thinking. I know its no coincidence that the earth falls in the habitable zone and revolves around a dwarf star, which is not too cold or hot for life to exist. Scientist has looked into the observable universe and found out that they are millions of dwarf star out there like the sun and millions of earhsize planet orbiting them. I was thinking if life could exist on earth here there is 100% chance for it to exist elsewhere in both the observable and unobservable universe. Now to my question if we later find out that life exist elsewhere, will it shake the foundation of religion? Aliens were never mentioned in any religious text, and if they were mentioned can you tell me where?? Religion has made us believe earth is the center of everything which I do not agree.

It depends on the kind of alien life discovered. If they’re sentient life like humans, sure. But if they’re a bunch of underdeveloped species like worm or fishes or something, I don’t think so.

I don’t think we can find alien life that is sentient like man or above man in the observable universe.
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Pass me that strain of weed brov.

Again, is it SK or the real sativa?

It's AZ bruh grin
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by josh123(m): 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
Interesting!!!!
Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:

Yes, it would shake what you refer to as the "foundation of religion", though in reality religion has no foundation per se, since even the Abrahamic religions have a pre-foundation in Egypt, which likely got its pre-foundation from lots of elsewheres.

Still, just like when Akhenaten changed 'religion' from polygod to monogod, and as Moses changed 'religion' by introducing Yahweh to the Israelites, and as Nicolaus Copernicus changed 'religion' by formulating a model of the universe that placed the Sun rather than Earth at its center, and just like when Galileo di Vincenzo Bonaiuti de' Galilei changed 'religion' by supposedly giving birth to the scientific method, which Eve had already long ago given birth to in Eden, and just like Jesus Christ changed religion when despite it saying he did not come to change the Law, changed the Law so some now bow down and worship him; and like Muhammed changed religion, and like Buddha changed religion, and Einstein changed religion and Newton changed religion, and as America changed religion when they landed man on the moon and God was not found there, to name only but a few discoveries that changed the 'religion', so too would finding aliens change our religious understanding.

Because "religion" is simply how we humans understand the world to be and how we religiously teach it to one another, and as we can observe by opening our eyes, we change our understandings whenever we observe new data that forces us to change our minds and what we refer to as religion.

Nairaland should have a dislike button.

1 Like

Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by KnownUnknown: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2021
josh123:
Just finished watching a movie about aliens, after watching, it got me thinking. I know its no coincidence that the earth falls in the habitable zone and revolves around a dwarf star, which is not too cold or hot for life to exist. Scientist has looked into the observable universe and found out that they are millions of dwarf star out there like the sun and millions of earhsize planet orbiting them. I was thinking if life could exist on earth here there is 100% chance for it to exist elsewhere in both the observable and unobservable universe. Now to my question if we later find out that life exist elsewhere, will it shake the foundation of religion? Aliens were never mentioned in any religious text, and if they were mentioned can you tell me where?? Religion has made us believe earth is the center of everything which I do not agree.

The effect of finding life elsewhere will depend on the beliefs of each religion.

The effect on religions like Hinduism and Buddhism will be minimal compared to the Abrahamic ones that make claims about their god’s affinity for humans and importance of the human race.

Regardless of its initial effect, they will all adjust their claims and the adherents will affirm the new claims. History shows us any utter nonsense can be made the creed of the people by adequate governmental or religious actions. So, all faiths will just update their dogma and stories, then inculcate the new nonsense.

To paraphrase the English philosopher Hobbes; if people can be made to believe in transubstantiation, the can be made to believe anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
josh123:

Given that there are potentially millions of planets also in habitatable zones out in the universe, it is not out of place to say we are here by coincidence.

BTW religion will thrive no matter what science finds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Aliens Exist, Will It Crumble Religion?? by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

It depends on the kind of alien life discovered. If they’re sentient life like humans, sure. But if they’re a bunch of underdeveloped species like worm or fishes or something, I don’t think so.

I don’t think we can find alien life that is sentient like man or above man in the observable universe.

Why do you think that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Hid My Kitchen Knife When She Became Violent / How To Convince A Lady From Chair To Bed / I Am Heartbroken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.