Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? (23427 Views)

How To Get Pregnant Fast With Irregular Period 2023 / Women With Irregular Period / "Regular Life With Irregular Scars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by kcy(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2021
Jeromejnr:
I understand what you're going through. Used to have it bro.

In fact it was extreme during my final year papers (2011 in CU). As I was writing a paper the attack came, I thought I was going to vomit blood, faint, and maybe have a heart attack. But I scaled through. (Thank God).

I also had serious narrow vision. And people were Iike my eye have gone deep in my sockets. It was crazy.

Heart palpitations. Hearing your heart in your ears.

One time reading for a paper in the night, I couldn't, I just lay on the bare floor in front of my friends looking up, because I felt like I was gonna lose my mind. I started having suspicion of everyone around me like they are all ganging up and are responsible for my predicament. I even had to tell my roomie to lock me up in the room one time cause I taught I was gonna jump from the top floor of the balcony where I was.

Well, the Doctor advised I had to try to have peace of mind and also gave me a drug that I had to be careful in taking if not I could become addicted.

It was a long year of suffering.

But there is no cure..per say....its your mind and nerves.

But I got delivered sha...(spiritually). That's another talk.

Mine was triggered because of a fear of something. (Thought I was poisoned while eating a food..but it was a hard drug)
This is just me since 2016
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by kcy(m): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2021
I have Been managing my own with yoga and breathing exercise

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by HRSweetness(f): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2021
dancewith:
These are symptoms of mental illness. You need therapy. Panic attacks and Depressions account for over 40% of suicide cases. These should not be taken lightly and you need all the help you can get

Nobody should make you feel low and you must not be shy of seeking the vital help you need. Often these cases degenerates cos the patients are worried about how others would view them if they speak out

There are various support groups online that you can join. These social interactions where you meet others with similar and potentially more worrying cases would help your psyche a great deal

Finally, note that, as in most cases as this, you are physiologically ok. There are no underlying illnesses. The issue is with your mind and a psychologist would be in the best position to tune your mind to accept this

Good luck

Thank you very much for this input. The majority of Nigerians are ignorant of mental health and its associated illnesses. Little to no attention is paid to their mental health and this often degenerates to a more chronic illness that could have been avoided.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Cutehector(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2021
AfricanKingkong:
Have you done ulcer test? You need to check that. Very important. It has happened to me. I was asked to do x-ray, ECG and others, all turned out normal yet my heart kept palpitation. Chest pain, and also at the back, burning sensation and lost of apertid mmmmm.
na ulcer dey worry am.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Dollywood(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2021
The only solution is that you shouldn't be lonely, get friends or a girlfriend or stay with your relatives, just make sure you live in a place where there are three lively people around you or you go on a long vacation, i suffer from anxiety disorder and irregular heartbeats but i realised too much consumption of caffeine in the reason behind it.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by UtilityRational(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2021
Barracuda01:
Bro, based on your symptoms, what you have is chronic ULCER. You need to get treatment for it as ulcer immediately.

For starter, you need to go for ulcer test.

You can also commence treatment with LANSOPRAZOLE 30mg a day for 8weeks. This will gradually ease the chest pain.

The ulcer test will detect the presence of H-Pylori or otherwise. Your doctor can then advise further.

Good luck.

exactly. there is 90% chance its just ulcer. i have experience such symptoms and the hospital diagnose me with H pylori. they put me on tripple treatment but now after some month, all the symptoms are back. why is it very hard to treat ulcer.??
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Uwajoesing: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2021
It could be as a result of
1. H. Pylori coupled with anxiety disorder.
So diagnosed yourself of H.pylori. thanks

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2021
MrOkenwa:
Dear Junior colleague, sorry for what you're going through. it's nothing to worry much about.
I think what you're experiencing is a cardiac rhythm problem, more of a fluttering sensation in your chest (PSVT, A. fib and the likes). your doctor should do proper evaluation to rule out: Hyperthyroidism, pheo, pannick disorder, dietary and lifestyle causes like coffee, poor sleep, alcohol, recreational drugs and all that. you can have some investigations like doing Holter ECG, Thyroid function test etc.
You might only need to make some lifestyle adjustments or take some meds.
Thanks for the reply sir. I don’t drink alcohol or use recreational drugs and I don’t drink coffee too although I don’t have a specific time for sleep but I always try to get at least 8 hours daily. I did an EKG and a computerized topography test and the doctor said they looked normal. The feeling I have comes and goes, it disappears when I am distracted but as soon as I think about it, it comes back in full force and I feel like I’ll collapse or sleep and don’t wake up.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
seriously though i can diagnose you if you are in lagos. i have a computerised ecg kit. sounds like you have cardiac fibrillation. i would love to check you out if you are in lagos.
I’m not in Lagos bro but thanks anyway
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by wallrichy: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2021
I have been there my brother. Nothing is wrong with you as long as you have been certified fit by the experts. You really tried consulting all those experts mentioned, in Nigeria, that's a fortune to do.

In my own case, my heart was beating so much that I could hear it beating during sleep and even sittiing...it was so scary that I practically stay awake all night thinking that I could pass out if i remain asleep. I was leaving alone too and always thinking that if I die through this means, nobody will discover the body until after several missed calls or when the whole flat start stinking. I even fainted, blanked out in my flat and later woke up by myself.

I went to see my doctor the next day and after diagnosis and several lab test....it was discovered I had Malaria, Typhoid and high blood pressure. I was quickly admitted and placed on drips, in fact, I stayed at the hospital for a week and also took 3 pints of blood before I was discharged.

Terrible experienced it was but I contributed a little to the whole problem also. I have been managing a chronic pile or haemorrhoid for so many years and had gotten to a stage whereby blood passes out of my body like women in menses. I usually experience this every time I visit the convenience and had to clean up etc. Nobody could believe I was going through such pain and agony, in fact, I am still going through it....

You are good health wise my brother....just be careful and pay attention to any changes in your body especially when you feel discomfort.....often it's nothing detrimental...our body is so complicated and wonderfully made that at times, the body does some reactionary function without you be conscious of that....Regards
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Bloggersp: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:
I am a guy, currently 22 years of age. For some time in the past I usually have occasional chest pains which comes and goes within 10 minutes. I thought it was as a result of my sugar intake as I consume soft drinks a lot with little or no exercises so I decided to cut down on my soft drink to no avail because I always end up going back to it.

Fast forward to sometime last month, I traveled to Europe to get a medical degree and when I got here, I started living on junk foods, KFC and McDonald’s as I could not cook. The chest pain came back one night and I decided to complain to my dad. Immediately I complained to him, I became conscious of it and I started fussing over it.

I went to google and everything I saw about pains in the chest always leads to cardiac arrest, stroke and dying. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I was always trying to check my heartbeat every chance I get. My dad said it was due to the junk foods so I stopped junk foods and soft drinks as my cholesterol could be high. I still couldn’t shake off the horrible feeling I got whenever I checked my heartbeat.

I started having panic attacks and difficulties with breathing and always feeling tired. I eventually went for check up and my heartbeat showed a beat of 68 bpm. I got checked by a cardiologist, neurologist and an orthopedic doctor and they all said my vitals looked normal, blood pressure normal, blood oxygen level normal, blood sugar normal except for the orthopedic doctor who told me I had to fix my slouching posture.

It’s been a week after the check up but my life isn’t back to normal. I can’t keep complaining to my parents because I gave them quite a scare with my first complaint and I know they have their own life to live but I’m just scared, I live alone in my apartment here and I’m new so no friends yet.

Anytime I check my heartbeat it still feels irregular,I can’t enjoy the foods I use to love, I get scared of doing strenuous exercises like jogging because I’ve heard stories of people who collapsed while jogging, i don’t enjoy my sleep anymore as I read that most people with cardiac problems die in their sleep.

For a week now, I have been going for evening walks to keep fit and exercise and I only eat once a day. I eat 2 apples every day and I swallow a capsule of omega 3 fatty oil daily. The only protein I consume now is salmon or mackerel fish because of their heart strengthening capabilities.

I can’t focus on my studies anymore but I can’t complain because I don’t want to bother my parents anymore but I’m scared. Some nights I wake up with panic attacks and every morning I feel happy for sleeping and waking up successfully. I hate how flawed the human design is. Sometimes I get distracted but as soon as I feel any slight discomfort in my chest, I check my heartbeat and it feels irregular. There’s occasional sharp pains in my head that goes almost immediately and sometimes I feel blood throbbing through my veins in different parts of my body. Tomorrow I’ll be going out to get an apple series 6 watch so I can monitor my vitals better.

Sorry for the long read, I just had to let all of this out.
op you just discovered your spiritual vulnerability angry

Avoid self servicing cause it will alert your village people to get to u through the heart pain
Exercise regularly
Take alot of vitamin c ( orange recommended)
Drink alot of water and get better
pray always,
Is like you will be great, This I have seen
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:44am On Jun 04, 2021
Coldie:
Am experiencing similar issues, I think it either has to do with the cold or the stress in Europe.

What I do everyday is take hot coffee or chocolate to warm up my chest.

I also try my best to stay away from anything alcohol
last time I drank alcohol was months ago and I’m not even a drinker. Just occasional sips.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Uncleodi(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:
I am a guy, currently 22 years of age. For some time in the past I usually have occasional chest pains which comes and goes within 10 minutes. I thought it was as a result of my sugar intake as I consume soft drinks a lot with little or no exercises so I decided to cut down on my soft drink to no avail because I always end up going back to it.

Fast forward to sometime last month, I traveled to Europe to get a medical degree and when I got here, I started living on junk foods, KFC and McDonald’s as I could not cook. The chest pain came back one night and I decided to complain to my dad. Immediately I complained to him, I became conscious of it and I started fussing over it.

I went to google and everything I saw about pains in the chest always leads to cardiac arrest, stroke and dying. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I was always trying to check my heartbeat every chance I get. My dad said it was due to the junk foods so I stopped junk foods and soft drinks as my cholesterol could be high. I still couldn’t shake off the horrible feeling I got whenever I checked my heartbeat.

I started having panic attacks and difficulties with breathing and always feeling tired. I eventually went for check up and my heartbeat showed a beat of 68 bpm. I got checked by a cardiologist, neurologist and an orthopedic doctor and they all said my vitals looked normal, blood pressure normal, blood oxygen level normal, blood sugar normal except for the orthopedic doctor who told me I had to fix my slouching posture.

It’s been a week after the check up but my life isn’t back to normal. I can’t keep complaining to my parents because I gave them quite a scare with my first complaint and I know they have their own life to live but I’m just scared, I live alone in my apartment here and I’m new so no friends yet.

Anytime I check my heartbeat it still feels irregular,I can’t enjoy the foods I use to love, I get scared of doing strenuous exercises like jogging because I’ve heard stories of people who collapsed while jogging, i don’t enjoy my sleep anymore as I read that most people with cardiac problems die in their sleep.

For a week now, I have been going for evening walks to keep fit and exercise and I only eat once a day. I eat 2 apples every day and I swallow a capsule of omega 3 fatty oil daily. The only protein I consume now is salmon or mackerel fish because of their heart strengthening capabilities.

I can’t focus on my studies anymore but I can’t complain because I don’t want to bother my parents anymore but I’m scared. Some nights I wake up with panic attacks and every morning I feel happy for sleeping and waking up successfully. I hate how flawed the human design is. Sometimes I get distracted but as soon as I feel any slight discomfort in my chest, I check my heartbeat and it feels irregular. There’s occasional sharp pains in my head that goes almost immediately and sometimes I feel blood throbbing through my veins in different parts of my body. Tomorrow I’ll be going out to get an apple series 6 watch so I can monitor my vitals better.

What u have is called panic attack!

It is a mental health disorder.

Apple series 6 may worsen your situation especially when you look at the screen while checking your heart rate.

Now, here is the funny part. Anytime you check ur heart rate or pulse and it feels irregular, there is this fear of impending doom that ensures immediately. This will cause the release of adrenaline which will further increase the intensity of your heart beat.

If this happens at night, you will notice that you will have problem falling asleep easily...because u will feel that once u close ur eyes that u may die. This is not true.

Treatment is: healthy lifestyle, increase of water intake and exercises.

Get and ECG next time you visit the hospital and most importantly, try not to bother about checkiing your pulse/heart rate, you will be fine.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:49am On Jun 04, 2021
Earljosh:
You are suffering from cardiomegaly bro. Having that kinda issues too.
Do you have the same symptoms?
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by HEAVEN4444: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2021
so a cardiologist looked at these readings and told you that you were fine ? what kind of quack cardiologists are being churned out these days ? ok first off i see
1- a bunble branch block in lead v1
2-the repolarization ST segment in lead 2 is off
3- The PR interval looks long so thats AV node block

putting it all together, and you say you are only 22 but there is some kind of blockage in the lateral anterior descending artery. but since you are 22 maybe you have iron deficiency ? are you anemic ? have you abused antibiotics in the past that has messed up your gut flora ?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Vianola: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2021
May God help us all.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by KingKingKing: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2021
Guy if u can see this, all you need is Prayers, join pastor Bolaji of harvesters on his Instagram live Mon to fri 6:30am to 7:30am his IG handle is Bolajiid.
It will be gone in days

Newguy999
Newguy999.
Newguy999
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by HEAVEN4444: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:
I’m not in Lagos bro but thanks anyway
no probs my guy
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2021
Sterope:
Doctors have confirmed that you are fine. Which means whatever you think you have is in your head and it is beginning to affect your life, sleep and studies. Panic attack is a very serious mental condition. You need to start doing more for your mental health. Seek therapy.

Newguy999
I will make enquiries on seeing a therapist. Thanks for taking time to write.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Gambit23:

U are depressed.

Go and meet a doctor.

Better start eating 100% healthy foods from today, Failure to do so & consumption of junk will swiftly take ur life in d near future.
I haven’t had junks in a month now.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:54am On Jun 04, 2021
Patented:
Never Google health symptoms, cos google will nearly kill u............hence your panic attacks. On the issue of chest pains, I think you should seek a second opinion just to be sure. If they say you are fine then consult them on low impact excercises you can do. Secondly one meal a day is not a good strategy. You may be robbing your body of vital nutrients, rather consult a nutritionist to design a good diet for you.

I’ll do all of this sir. Thanks for writing back
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 11:55am On Jun 04, 2021
ezebunafo:
When I was 25 I passed through exactly what you mentioned above,@op ,so my doctors told me it's anxiety ,coz I was having constant panic attack(which is harmless anyway) but I mastered it with breathing,Immediately I sensed the attack coming I will stand up take a deep breath and breath out ,like 5 times and the attack will vanish and your heartbeat rate will come back to normal till I think overgrown it,but now what seems to trigger it now is stress,and I just try to low my stress level and takes some rest ,believe me always practice deep breathing and make sure you are always in the midst of friend ,trust me you will be fine
I’ll make sure I check out breathing exercises and make sure to follow them. Thanks for the reply
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Sylverly(m): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:

There are lots of questions I need to ask you, with respect to your specialists' visitation, history( both medical, medication and social; which you have given a little clue about). The possible investigations you have done and some suggestions and referrals. Hopefully, you are in Lagos. I would also like to have you see a Chiropractor for a reason. Don't try to argue the impact or connection it has with what you have complained of.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by jimmynauty: 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999

. I hate how flawed the human design is.

You abuse the design and blame it on the design.

It warned you, you ignored. Now it's it's fault.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by dejol88: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
so a cardiologist looked at these readings and told you that you were fine ? what kind of quack cardiologists are being churned out these days ? ok first off i see

putting it all together, and you say you are only 22 but there is some kind of blockage in the lateral anterior descending artery. but since you are 22 maybe you have iron deficiency ? are you anemic ?

Pls brother can you help with the interpretation of this result?

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by dejol88: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
Many of us dey for this table ooo. I am tired myself ! While in Nigeria, I have done all test as recommended. Sometimes cholesterol will shoot up and I would do diet control to drop it again .
I have booked a session with the GP hopefully I will get some answers.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by officialmario(m): 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
Honestly speaking, i am also experiencing this type of problem, but in my own case. I always feel pain only at my left chest, and i also notice my left hand bones are weak, i could trace my own to hard drugs, weeds and all other hard substance that i have taken in the past, many a times when i'm travelling on the highway, i always feel shock, even when i hear sounds like thunder i always feel shock, in my own case i dont take junk foods, i always take normal food, and i do play football, i havent even visited any hospital for treatment because of my present financial status.

I pray God almighty will heal you, this problem will not take your life or mine IJN.

I went to google and everything I saw about pains in the chest always leads to cardiac arrest, stroke and dying. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I was always trying to check my heartbeat every chance I get. My dad said it was due to the junk foods so I stopped junk foods and soft drinks as m
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
NovaCare:
The thing here is this...

Thank God you have relocated to the Europe where there is adequate and improved health care unlike Nigeria.

So there is no need to worry and secondly but most importantly, you have decided to cut down on junk intake which is a good step in the right direction.

About the panic attacks,the major cause of it is your discovery about the ugly consequences of consuming junk food which contains saturated fat and excess sugar which led to the tightness of your chest of which your research shows that it could lead to cardiac arrest which ultimately leads to death. I guess with that discovery, you pictures yourself falling down one day and gasping for breath and before help could come, you saw yourself out of your body and sometimes picture yourself lying in a casket...this ugly picture (thoughts) play out in the brain and all of a sudden culminates into rapid breathing and stress levels in the oxygen flow to your brain and most times, you see yourself as if you are about to kick the bucket that instant.

My advice to you is to stick to a healthy diet by taking more organic vegetables and fruits with foods that contain lots of fibre. You can buy leguminous foods to add to your dietary regimen.
As for meat, go for strictly lean white meat.

Please resist the temptation of taking so called bottled or paper "fruit juices" because they have alot of sugar and preservatives in it which is never good for your health.

Learn how to cook your own meals as this will go along way to help you eat healthy and save money which would hitherto be spent on cheap junk.

As for working out, you can make inquiries and register with a health facility there in the country a of residence and if they examine you and find out you are at high or medium risk of cardiac arrest, they give you a device which will be strapped on your arm which has a chip that is remotely connected to emergency lines. ( I don't know the country you relocated to but this is done in the United States).

That device monitors your heart rate and tells you when to stop jogging whenever it feels their is a threat.

Another beautiful thing about it is that like I earlier stated, it is connected to emergency lines that automatically trigger in case you suddenly fall down and it waits for a response if when you don't give, 911 ambulance services will be notified to your location immediately!

Think of all these and do as I say and the panic attack will wear off with time so you can live a happy life the rest of your days.
You described exactly how I feel when I get the chest pains and breathing problems. A lot of people seem to think it’s panic attacks here so I’ll just focus on reducing how much I think about it. Thanks for writing
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
AfricanKingkong:
Have you done ulcer test? You need to check that. Very important. It has happened to me. I was asked to do x-ray, ECG and others, all turned out normal yet my heart kept palpitation. Chest pain, and also at the back, burning sensation and lost of apertid mmmmm.
I doubt it’s ulcer but I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by HEAVEN4444: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
dejol88:

Pls brother can you help with the interpretation of this result?
sure why not give me a few minutes
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Newguy999: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Vicas2000:
Hello, I can feel your pain. Sometimes....the body goes through issues that doctors cannot fathom or see right away.

Here's what I will advise:

1. Go back to your GP and complain about panic attacks. The issue is....they might put you on medication which may have it's side effects.

2. Start doing meditatdion aily to help with the panic attacks. It's simple. Lie down on your bed....for fifteen minutes.....with your eyes closed.....deep breath in and out until your concentration is on your breathing.

Do this 15 mins consistently for 1 month and you will see your panic attack disappear.

Of course...do this alongside with healthy eating drinking and exercises as advised already.

Hint: don't ignore my number 2!
Thanks for writing sir. I’ll do what you have written
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Sylverly(m): 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
HEAVEN4444:

putting it all together, and you say you are only 22 but there is some kind of blockage in the lateral anterior descending artery. but since you are 22 maybe you have iron deficiency ? are you anemic ? have you abused antibiotics in the past that has messed up your gut flora ?
Looks like a regularly irregular rhythm sef..Nawao. Seeing this as a pharmacist, I will raise some concern.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Health Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making / Soot Increasing Infertility In Men In Rivers State - Dr. Dienye Briggs / Photos: Governor Fashola Hosts Some Ebola Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.