Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government (42468 Views)

The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira / Governor Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by knowhowk: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
lexy2014:
If Twitter could ban Trump d president of d US where Twitter is headquartered, why does buhari think he is so important that his tweet can't be and should be deleted?
Hmmm!.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Opera mini browser is good to access twiteer without VPN

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by IfGodbeforus(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Somehow I support PMB on this. Let Nigerians use other platforms. Tweeter is a business operating in Nigeria and shouldn't be allowed to trash our president regardless.
Besides, I have read PMB tweet severally and couldn't see how it breaches their rule, there was no word like genocide in the statement other than the insinuations.
Tweeter can't colonize us again in this modern age!
Nobody is Colonizing you. Where you forced to use twitter?
Very wrong move. Pmb does not own Nigeria. He is an employee of the Nigerian citizens. We are in a a democracy system of government. It is morally and legally wrong to do that. You don't cut off your head because you have an headache. What he should have done is to rally or influence the Nigerian people to lash out on Twitter.
The World is a global village. He has succeeded in exposing himself to the world and acquiring enemies.
When the Chips are done, they will destroy him.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Amalekki: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
lastchild:
there's an argument going on here in a barber salon, Twitter and Facebook, which one is a bigger platform in the world?
Tell them to stop arguing about topics that add nothing to their daily bread o - lazy youths grin
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Lifestone(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
cowboyT:

SEE AS YOU DEY THINK WIT UR ANUS.
Simply because I didn't agree with your views. How are you different from Buhari. Cloths of the same color. Shio

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by donbenie(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
lastchild:
there's an argument going on here in a barber salon, Twitter and Facebook, which one is a bigger platform in the world?
How many people dey for Twitter?

The argument is moot..

The two are not in the same league..
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by boolet: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
A very wrong move from Pmb
A very wrong move from his puppeteers. PMB as how? A man who is not aware even of himself.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Dapson73(m): 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Federal Government can quickly banned Twitter but can not ban open grazing. Because
While Twitter is more synonymous to Southern youth.
Most of our Northern youths are herders and can't operate Twitter.
It is easier for the Federal Government to ban media giant like Twitter because it disagrees with President Buhari submissions on it's platform.
While millions of Nigeria farmers are on daily base having serious physical, emotional and psychological issues with Fulani herders and Federal Government closes her eyes on that.
The level of hypocrisy in this government is immeasurable... spit

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by donbenie(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2021
supportnija:
Most of the governor clueless , twitter is one telling our president what say or not.... continue
Your darling Bubu can go to NTA and do his rantings..

Twitter no be his house boy..

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Kylekent59: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2021
I tried logging in on twitter, it didn't respond. I had to turn on my vpn and boom, everything went well.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by rookidmart: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2021
effort1:

Did the news say he gave the speech via Twitter?

Some of you are just unrepentantly dumb
Better dumb than blind, don't you think, Einstein?
https://mobile.twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1401095572589842435?s=19
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Mysticwebb: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
VPN on the go. If you know, you know.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by erwinschro: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Seyi Makinde is moving from strength to strength. There are tears in my eyes seeing seeing an honest and compassionate man who is in politics to GOVERN and not rule. A true servant of the people.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Lifestone(m): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2021
IfGodbeforus:

Very wrong move. Pmb does not own Nigeria. He is an employee of the Nigerian citizens. We are in a a democracy system of government. It is morally and legally wrong to do that. You don't cut off your head because you have an headache. What he should have done is to rally or influence the Nigerian people to lash out on Twitter.
The World is a global village. He has succeeded in exposing himself to the world and acquiring enemies.
When the Chips are done, they will destroy him.
If tweeter promotes freedom of speech, who then decides what is hate speech? Someone sits down in US, review petitions and act without contact with the writer, no notification. So simply because I am not popular with a group of people means that if they petition tweeter, I should be censored? There no sense in that.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

If tweeter promotes freedom of speech, who then decides what is hate speech? Someone sits down in US, review petitions and act without contact with the writer, no notification. So simply because I am not popular with a group of people means that if they petition tweeter, I should be censored? There no sense in that.
Young man, be reasonable and walk out from the platform. No one forces you to be there. You don't plunge people to darkness because of your issue.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2021
lastchild:

Facebook
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by zingywingy: 11:09am On Jun 05, 2021
Nigerian Youth on twitter only go their for half bake news and cruise. Banning twitter will not affect anything than curb the spread of fake news.

Moreover, for Business owners, lets move to IG and see how to make the best of it. Also, there are some local platforms too that we can encourage. To me, we cant put interest of social media ahead of our national security.

Deleting president tweet is not just about deleting any random person tweet. It is a national disgrace.

drinoayo:
The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has reacted to a ban on social media platform, Twitter by President Muhammadu Buhari's government, Igbere TV reports.

On Friday evening, the Nigerian government announced that it will be suspending all Twitter operations in Nigeria. This development is coming a day after the platform deleted a tweet and a video from the President's official handle.

President Buhari had issued a tweet threatening genocidal violence on the South-East over its rising Insecurity.

Reacting to the suspension, Makinde tweeted;

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1401095572589842435?s=19
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by olibeans: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2021
Does a Fulani cow need Twitter?
Banning Twitter is part of the game plan to commit more genocidal acts against Igbos in the South-East and thankfully, the useless efulefus called (Ohaneze ndi oshi) will applaud their oppressors for the mindless slaughter of their people.

Until they understand the the unity of Nigeria is sacrosanct, it will be well..

Nigeria must remain One. Even if the FG has to slaughter the whole of Imo State, it's a necessary sacrifice to keep Nigeria one which is a task that must be done.

All Hail One Nigeria.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2021
donbenie:
Your darling Bubu can go to NTA and do his rantings..

Twitter no be his house boy..
Igbo man why are you annoyed over BUBU, pls, i beg don't kill yourself , he will do his own and go, Nigeria remains , for now twitter is ban that is truth....
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by humilitypays(m): 11:10am On Jun 05, 2021
The only wise Yoruba man, others have buried their brains deep inside Aisha Buhari's hairy anus just to make sure Tinubu becomes President in 2023 sad
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by effort1: 11:11am On Jun 05, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Buhari should have delegated people to go to twitter headquarters and dialogue with them showing the effects of civil unrest, people who had died since the whole saga and why tough measure is needed to forestall another Boko Haram ISWAP crisis

EndSARs loss is an example of why we must be careful of another civil unrest

Trump's ousting and government change is also an example why Social media especially Twitter shouldn't have absolute power

And who told you his reason includes curtailing ISWAP? If it is only ISWAP and Boko 5, Buhari wouldn't have banned twitter even if they are using the page to discuss how to destroy Nigeria
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Lifestone(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
IfGodbeforus:

Young man, be reasonable and walk out from the platform. No one forces you to be there. You don't plunge people to darkness because of your issue.
Again how are you different from Buhari whom you are seeking his head when you can't tolerate other people's opinions that's not agreeing with your.
By the way, why should leave the platform, let everyone talk his own
So young man learn to tolerate divergent views

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Safyqueen: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

This reminds me of Iran emotional reaction that backfired on them.
After Trump killed their General
On 8 January 2020, a Ukrainian plane was carrying iran and Ukraine passengers from Iran to kyiv, Ukraine.
It was shot down shortly after takeoff by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Because they were so emotional that they couldn't reason with their heads.
They saw a plane flying and thought it was USA plane.
Without confirming they launch missoe on the plane. Only to find out it was a Ukrainian plane carrying Iranians and Ukrainians.

They don't reason first
They just burst out emotion and it later backfires on them. Na their way

I don't know if any reason is bigger than Nigeria's sovereignty. Enemies of this country working for her disintegration will be shocked when Buhari treats them with the language they will understand. grin
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Again how are you different from Buhari whom you are seeking his head when you can't tolerate other people's opinions that's not agreeing with your.
By the way, you don't own Nairaland and hence can not ban anyone here.
So young man learn to tolerate divergent views
What you are saying?
Are u sure there is nothing wrong with you?
You quoted me and you are accusing me of what you are doing .
Bye.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by TemmyT002(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2021
See human being na. Presidential human being.
Don't beg them.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by wink2015(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
Dear governor Makinde,

Kudos to your for your call for the lifting of the suspension against Twitter in Nigeria.

The Buhari government only knows one thing which is fighting a lost battle for killer herdsmen in the middlebelt and southern forest.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by TemmyT002(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2021
rookidmart:
How was he able to access Twitter?

What is the usefulness of this question to what he said?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Casper21: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2021
Where did he tweet from
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by rookidmart: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2021
TemmyT002:

What is the usefulness of this question to what he said?
It's "useful" because the government banned the use of Twitter, and the governor is a government employee so he should follow the rules of the land, no?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:

This reminds me of Iran emotional reaction that backfired on them.
After Trump killed their General
On 8 January 2020, a Ukrainian plane was carrying iran and Ukraine passengers from Iran to kyiv, Ukraine.
It was shot down shortly after takeoff by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Because they were so emotional that they couldn't reason with their heads.
They saw a plane flying and thought it was USA plane.
Without confirming they launch missoe on the plane. Only to find out it was a Ukrainian plane carrying Iranians and Ukrainians.

They don't reason first
They just burst out emotion and it later backfires on them. Na their way
Absolutely just slaughtered their own people, killing some of the brightest brains from Iran. So sad. And nobody ever got punished for it. The Nigerian government learns from the worst in the world.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by kgb101: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2021
sanmtiago:
undecided
At this juncture I’m numb to everything happening in Nigeria. I keep wondering how we managed to succumb to a looney’s words in 2015. It’s unfortunate the low IQ people make it farther than the high IQ people,I’m still trying to find a derivative for this kind of bizarre occurrence. I wish I was born in a saner society cry

I tell people 2015 is the worst year in this contraption's recent history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Posts Snapshot Of Tinubu's American Visa / Pictures Of Sanwo-Olu And Wike Commissioning Projects In Rivers / Dino Melaye ‏celebrates Easter With His Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.