Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town (5604 Views)

Don't Marry Out Of Sympathy Or Pity. Marriage Is Not A Compensation Plan. / Guys Beware Of Dating Or Marrying A Woman Born On A Full Moon. Energy Vampires / Guys Beware Of Women That Swallow Cum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by mmadu5(m): 1:58am On Jun 06, 2021
GUYS PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SYMPATHY SCAMMEERS . YES THIS IS THE NEW TREND NOW FOR SCAMMERS. THEY MAKE UP BOGUS STORY OF BEING SCAMMED BY 9JA BET OR BEING DEFRAUDED BY BANK ETC THEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF RANDOM TRANSACTIONS, THEY WILL SAY THINGS LIKE IM DEPRESSED IM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUCIDE OR MY LIFE IS FINISHED DONT FALL FOR IT . ITS ALL A SCAM TO GET PEOPLE,S SYMPATHY TO SEND THEM MONEY DO NOT FALL FOR IT SHINE YOUR EYES . A FRIEND LOST 20K THINKING HE WAS HELPING A FRAUD VICTIM NOT KNOWING IT WAS ALL A SET UP .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by WoundedLamb: 4:34am On Jun 06, 2021
"The goal of capital letters is granting value to a proper name, highlighting a word or phrase to catch the reader´s attention. Capitals letters are used at the beginning of a line or paragraph, followed by a punctuation mark in the case of proper names."

OP, above is what capital letters are meant for. Except you lack proper capitalization skills, you should avoid writing in all caps as texts written in such a manner are actually less legible.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Onyenna(m): 6:10am On Jun 06, 2021
They’re everywhere on nairaland......

5 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Noblefreeman(m): 7:02am On Jun 06, 2021
That one dey learn. Few days ago one man excused me, he was holding a shovel and trowel and those tools ala bricklayers, then he said he went to the site but no work. He asked me to give him anything that he needs to feed his family. Fine I did.

Guess what? Two days later he approached me with the same format. I guess these guys just go borrow tools for different vocation and use to beg money. Thats the new format now. I say make I tell una.

Who knows, next time him fit carry plumbing or electrical tools.

21 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by mu2sa2: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:
"The goal of capital letters is granting value to a proper name, highlighting a word or phrase to catch the reader´s attention. Capitals letters are used at the beginning of a line or paragraph, followed by a punctuation mark in the case of proper names."

OP, above is what capital letters are meant for. Except you lack proper capitalization skills, you should avoid writing in all caps as texts written in such a manner are actually less legible.

Besides, a paragraph written in capital letters is harder to read than one in small letters. You can confirm it yourself by reading this post and then try to read Op's.

1 Like

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Nitong(f): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2021
Richmond500 is the patron saint of all those styles of scams.
That boy is a criminal. He uses the sewing machine format.

In this kind of formats, he post a long sympathy thread with a female moniker and attach sewing machine in the story. The aim of the sewing machine is just to present the story as that of a female and so that people wouldn't bother much in reaching out to give money (psychologically, sewing machine is attached to females)

After that, richmond500 comes out and claims he sympathize with the female moniker. He observes few comments then comes out to with a psychological attack by saying people on nairaland are stingy and don't want to help.

Then he claims to have sent the female moniker a huge some. grin this gingers the innocent Nairalanders to send the female profile some money.

If I get 15 likes on this post, I will post more information.
Names
Account numbers
Phone numbers
And the threads which are exhibits /evidence of the scams pulled

38 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by richmond500: 10:06am On Jun 06, 2021
Nitong:
Richmond500 is the patron saint of all those styles of scams.
That boy is a criminal. He uses the sewing machine format
wtf? You think I was behind that moniker?
I actually sent her money but I didn't want to make it known as I don't do that begging stuffs, cos I always feel ashamed when I brag. It was on the thread that I'll send her 20k but since she lied I'll send her money but not all,
Since I already promised her if u check, u will see where I said that

1 Share

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Ishilove: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2021
richmond500:
wtf? You think I was behind that moniker?
I actually sent her money but I didn't want to make it known as I don't do that begging stuffs, cos I always feel ashamed when I brag
Thought it was 20k you sent

1 Like

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Nitong(f): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2021
I can't see 20,000
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by richmond500: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2021
Nitong:
I can't see 20,000
that thing is 4th June, 2021, in the evening, it corresponds with the time.

Can u alter that ur initial comment so I can delete the pictures pls.

And pls don't mention my moniker in a scam thread, biko

2 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Zenithh: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Don't mind d Op he doesn't know he's been rude with those capital...how can u be shouting on d internet? these are basic netiquettes. You dont use upper case all through to pass info...u r considered lacking in manners

1 Like

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Nitong(f): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
Richmond500 husseinaaa hafsatadebisi Orookomama
I am back online..

I got the 17 likes so the show continues
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by mmadu5(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

ARE YOU ONE OF THE SCAMMERS? I DONT SEE WHY YOU SHOULD BE BOTHERED WITH MY CAPITAL LETTER WRITINGS

1 Like

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by richmond500: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nitong:
Richmond500 husseinaaa hafsatadebisi Orookomama
I am back online..

ok
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by ClassicMan202(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
mmadu5:

ARE YOU ONE OF THE SCAMMERS? I DONT SEE WHY YOU SHOULD BE BOTHERED WITH MY CAPITAL LETTER WRITINGS

Take the correction and move on

2 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Nitong(f): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
Qrash
Husseinaaa

Here is richmond500 guilt-tripping people into sending Money to his alternate. In the posts below, you'll see our beloved richmond500 on a 20k spree on both threads grin
https://www.nairaland.com/post/98302127

https://www.nairaland.com/post/98302225

richmond500:
NL and their stinginess.
my dear, u no go get shi shi from here.

u can go to ur street, do anything and get the machine, but NL men/women are stingy.
I for support u with 20k but I don't have anything u could do for me

The same thing happened did yesterday when his format was casted grin on kaityn

https://www.nairaland.com/post/102368337
Richmond500 is such a generous fellow

1 Like

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by richmond500: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nitong:

Qrash
Husseinaaa

Here is richmond500 guilt-tripping people into sending Money to his alternate. In the posts below, you'll see our beloved richmond500 on a 20k spree on both threads grin

can u stop this?
What do u gain by spoiling my name with no proof?

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique, pls I won't accept this any longer, I only sent sm1 money, why should I be punished over that?

I hate ppl calling me fraudster

2 Likes

Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by hafsatadebisi: 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
Nitong:
Richmond500 husseinaaa Orookomama
I am back online..

Mey kuma ne kira suna na?
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Nozino: 1:52am On Jun 07, 2021
That’s the new thread. That or in Benin, old women stand at junctions to ask for tfare. Gave one time, saw her another day asking for tfare again. I’m very careful who I give money to these days not that I have much to give out sef.
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Kobicove(m): 2:35am On Jun 07, 2021
mmadu5:
GUYS PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SYMPATHY SCAMMEERS . YES THIS IS THE NEW TREND NOW FOR SCAMMERS. THEY MAKE UP BOGUS STORY OF BEING SCAMMED BY 9JA BET OR BEING DEFRAUDED BY BANK ETC THEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF RANDOM TRANSACTIONS, THEY WILL SAY THINGS LIKE IM DEPRESSED IM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUCIDE OR MY LIFE IS FINISHED DONT FALL FOR IT . ITS ALL A SCAM TO GET PEOPLE,S SYMPATHY TO SEND THEM MONEY DO NOT FALL FOR IT SHINE YOUR EYES . A FRIEND LOST 20K THINKING HE WAS HELPING A FRAUD VICTIM NOT KNOWING IT WAS ALL A SET UP .

Is that why you were shouting? undecided
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Qrash(f): 3:43am On Jun 23, 2021
Nitong:
Qrash
Husseinaaa

is this madness?
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Recardo(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2021
Nitong:
Qrash
Husseinaaa

Just went through the pages and it's full of jobless girls, wannabe investigators making a mockery with silly jokes. Anyway sha, jobless people have a lot of time to waste on nairaland.
Re: Guys Beware Of This New Sympathy Scam In Town by Sacrosanct12(m): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
mu2sa2:
Besides, a paragraph written in capital letters is harder to read than one in small letters. You can confirm it yourself by reading this post and then try to read Op's.

paragraphs with small letters are faster to read than those in capital.

(1) (Reply)

Account Of An Alien Abductee Who befriended A Reptilian ET ((Photos)) / Ever Bleep A Pussy And It Stinks So Bad That You Want To Puke / Is It Right For A Graduate To Marry A Non Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.