Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,354 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! (47934 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Splinz(m): 11:55am On Jul 14, 2021
Okay, so there's this doctrine of JWs I've been hearing often. Also, it has generated a lot of heated arguments, much more than any other topic among JWs.

Now, I'd like us to discuss it. I mean, I want to hear specifically from a member of JWs here about this topic before I can draw my conclusions. The topic in question is: WHO IS JESUS. And please, I'd like it answered in the following order:

1. Before born of Mary, did Jesus have a preexistence? If yes, who was he before he was born of a woman?

2. Whilst he was on earth, who was he? And...

3. After ascension, what is his current position?

Please, I'd prefer DappaD to come for this discussion for obvious reason:
DappaD:

Amongst Jehovah’s Witnesses, there are some who haven’t attained a certain degree of spiritual maturity... (Ephesians 4:22)

I believe he has that needed maturity for a discussion of this kind. Thank you.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Being OPEN-MINDED connotes the ability to see the value of what involves two persons and how the two can EQUALLY benefit from it.

So if one person feels unconcerned about the other person them there is nothing like open mind.

The purpose of worship is to gather people together and be informed regarding the sacredness of the God or deity that brought them together.
There must be equity, agreement and oneness in thought {John 27:20-23} so that anywhere the worshipers of this deity finds themselves they should be able to relate easily like brothers and sisters {John 13:34-35} but in the case where worshipers aren't united in line of thought then the deity is worthless! undecided

So if you don't believe that you should have the same line of thought on issues having to do with what your God abhor then you can't accuse someone who decided to let you be since you don't find it compulsory to have the same line of thought one sacred matters.

That's why JWs who believes there should be oneness in thought can't waste their precious time arguing with you after all you believe your God doesn't value oneness in thought so why bother the JWs? smiley

The JW must not (i repeat) must not loose sight of anyone who feels worshipers of the same God must beleive and think the same way because those are the ones our Master Lord and King ordered us to fish out! Matthew 10:6; 15:24 smiley

1914 teaching is a watch tower doctrine, and I ask again, kindly address this question as proof to open-mindedness of JWs

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
It's OK Sir, since you prefer DappaD then let's wait for him perhaps he's online presently but if he should delay then try to copy and repost it.
Thanks! smiley

Splinz:
Okay, so there's this doctrine of JWs I've been hearing often. Also, it has generated a lot of heated arguments, much more than any other topic among JWs.
Now, I'd like us to discuss it. I mean, I want to hear specifically from a member of JWs here about this topic before I can draw my conclusions. The topic in question is: WHO IS JESUS. And please, I'd like it answered in the following order:
1. Before born of Mary, did Jesus have a preexistence? If yes, who was he before he was born of a woman?
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by true2god: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:
1914 teaching is a watch tower doctrine, and I ask again, kindly address this question as proof to open-mindedness of JWs
MaxInDHouse is a hypocrites. He claims to be open-minded but will never address the issue of their 1914 (don't even mention 1935, 1975 and 1984). He will keep defending the 1914 lie until the watchtower ask him to STOP.

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
true2god:

MaxInDHouse is a hypocrites. He claims to be open-minded but will never address the issue of their 1914 (don't even mention 1935, 1975 and 1984). He will keep defending the 1914 lie until the watchtower ask him to STOP.

If you're truly open-minded why not address the question that leads JWs to you? smiley

MaxInDHouse:
I've heard all these several times from people like you but let's take the matter from the root and later come back to see who is truly OPEN-MINDED. Whether it's you or members of JWs.
First of all i asked you:
What is the purpose of worship? smiley
Don't forget that the reason why JWs often come to you is to iron out:
How to worship the true God?
So if we know the purpose of worship then we can now see who is truly OPEN-MINDED! smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Splinz:

I’ll be with you shortly.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello there. Sorry I couldn’t attend to you earlier I’ve been busy with a lot of work stuff.

Before we begin the discussion, I do believe you agree that all the 66 books, 1,180+ chapters and 31,100+ verses of the Bible were written from inspiration of God’s holy spirit(2Timothy 3:16, 2Peter 1:19-21) because my answers will be directly from the Scriptures and not from my understanding or intuition.
The reason why I say this is that some people who profess belief in God tend to accept some portions of the Scriptures and discard the rest. Titus 1:16

Splinz:
1. A. Before born of Mary, did Jesus have a preexistence? B. If yes, who was he before he was born of a woman?

A. Yes, he did have a prehuman existence in fact one prophecy of particular interest which was written foretelling the Messiah’s appearance on earth testifies to this fact.
Micah 5:2
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.

This saw fulfillment some 700 years later when Jesus was indeed born in Bethlehem. Luke 2:4, John 7:42
Even Jesus himself later attested to having a prehuman existence on a number of occasions. John 8:23, 17:5

B. To get the answer the second part of your question, we have to understand that while Jesus had a prehuman existence, he also had a beginning unlike his God who had always existed. Psalm 90:2, 93:2
The name of Jesus’ God is Jehovah, in fact the very meaning of Jesus’ name means “Jehovah is Salvation” meaning that salvation comes from Jehovah. Isaiah 12:2-4

But Jesus only began to bear that name while on earth(Matthew 1:21) so if that was true and he also had a prehuman existence, then it means that he bore another name while in heaven before he came down to the earth. Wouldn’t you agree?

But before we find out what his prehuman name was, it is worthy to note that before Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth, he had first created a Son who would later turn out to become his master worker along him during creation(Proverbs 8:22-31) through him were created the invisible things(spirit sons of God) and the visible things(the earth and mankind) Colossians 1:16

So when Jehovah said “Let us make man in our image” at Genesis 1:26, he was actually talking to the person who later bore the name “Jesus” on earth. This was after Jehovah employed his firstborn Son during creation after which the other spirit sons of God who were created through Jesus, began to rejoice after the creation of earth and all that was in it. Job 38:7

Evidence that Jesus was created is littered throughout the Scriptures. That was why apostle Paul under inspiration wrote that Jesus is the “firstborn of all creation”—Colossians 1:15-16
A more resounding evidence was the fact that when Jesus was giving instructions to John in the book of Revelations, he called himself: “The beginning of creation by God” or the beginning of God’s creative power—Revelation 3:14
Some people may argue that all of these still doesn’t mean that Jesus is God’s firstborn but what can help us understand it better?
Well, Jacob when he was blessing his sons called his firstborn son, Reuben, “the beginning of [Jacob’s] procreative power” Genesis 49:3

Since that is understood, then if Jesus is God’s firstborn Son as we’ve seen, then wouldn’t you agree that he would have considerable authority over the rest of God’s spirit sons? This then brings us to finding out what Jesus’ name was in his prehuman state.

The Bible reveals that Jehovah used one of his spirit sons (angel/messenger) to lead the Israelites out of Egypt into the promised Land. Exodus 23:20
That name of that angel became known as Michael, because Daniel 12:1 says that he—that is Michael—had been standing in behalf of the Israelites from ancient times and who will also stand up in the future for God’s people on earth. An interesting thought here is that Michael, the archangel(or chief angel) also has command over myriads and legions of angels. Revelation 12:7

How does any of this relate to the name of Jesus in his prehuman state? Well, since Jesus is the one whom the book of Isaiah chapter 11 was talking about, then it strikes any ardent Bible reader that the verse 10 refers to Jesus as the one who will stand up as a signal in behalf of God’s people. This means that on a closer look, what we read earlier about Michael has a significant link with what Isaiah 11:10 says about Jesus.

Also, Jesus while on earth, said himself that he would command the legions of angels when the time comes to destroy the wicked at the end of this system of things. Matthew 16:27, Revelation 19:11-15
So it wouldn’t make sense that God would have two separate armies of angels in heaven.

All of these and more add volume to the fact that Jesus was actually the archangel Michael in his prehuman state but remains a hidden clue that only serious Bible students would figure out. Daniel 12:4

Jesus himself said that he was sent on an assignment to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom and give his life as a ransom for mankind. Matthew 20:28, Luke 4:43
So while on earth, he still remained God’s firstborn Son as was confirmed by Peter, John and several others. Matthew 16:16, John 20:31
Jesus admitted to the fact that he was not on the same level with God(John 14:28) and that he was to ascend back to his God(John 20:17) so it wouldn’t make sense that after making these statements, some will still say he is God.

Remember that Jesus had considerable authority in his prehuman state, so after Jesus completed his mission on earth, he was given more authority over angels in heaven and the Christian congregation on earth. Matthew 28:18
After God resurrected Jesus(Acts 2:32) he returned to his duty post in heaven but this time, he was elevated to a higher position(Phillipians 2:9-11) so that what he couldn’t do as Michael before his coming to the earth, which was to cast Satan out from God’s presence(Jude 9), he could then do after ascension to heaven. Revelation 12:7-9
Also, he was bestowed with more authority to become King of God’s Kingdom, High Priest, Judge, Mediator, head of the Christian congregation etc. Luke 1:31-33, Hebrews 6:20, John 5:22, 1Timothy 2:6, Ephesians 1:22
Yet despite holding all these authorities, he still remained subject to his God and Father. Philippians 2:5-7, Revelation 3:12

Nah, I think any Witness you find including the ones on this forum have the same intellectual capacity to hold these kind of discussions with you. Some may be a bit rash, others calmer but still it’s the same answer you’d get.

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Let's try to be civil when dealing with others on forums like this.
Below are the rules each one of us agreed to keep as a Nairalander.
So i'm pasting the rules perhaps some of us have forgotten! undecided

What can I do here but laugh! Same you now posting the rules of nairaland for others to follow.

I thought nairaland have no rules according to you. E get as e be for you. Na part of life anyway, the learning process continues.

You forgot CIVILITY when were condemning others to destruction on this same thread. Like I said earlier, na part of life. The learning process continues.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
DappaD:
Hello there. Sorry I couldn’t attend to you earlier I’ve been busy with a lot of work stuff.

Before we begin the discussion, I do believe you agree that all the 66 books, 1,180+ chapters and 31,100+ verses of the Bible were written from inspiration of God’s holy spirit(2Timothy 3:16, 2Peter 1:19-21) because my answers will be directly from the Scriptures and not from my understanding or intuition.
The reason why I say this is that some people who profess belief in God tend to accept some portions of the Scriptures and discard the rest. Titus 1:16

A. Yes, he did have a prehuman existence in fact one prophecy of particular interest which was written foretelling the Messiah’s appearance on earth testifies to this fact.
out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.

This saw fulfillment some 700 years later when Jesus was indeed born in Bethlehem. Luke 2:4, John 7:42
Even Jesus himself later attested to having a prehuman existence on a number of occasions. John 8:23, 17:5

B. To get the answer the second part of your question, we have to understand that while Jesus had a prehuman existence, he also had a beginning unlike his God who had always existed. Psalm 90:2, 93:2
The name of Jesus’ God is Jehovah, in fact the very meaning of Jesus’ name means “Jehovah is Salvation” meaning that salvation comes from Jehovah. Isaiah 12:2-4

But Jesus only began to bear that name while on earth(Matthew 1:21) so if that was true and he also had a prehuman existence, then it means that he bore another name while in heaven before he came down to the earth. Wouldn’t you agree?

But before we find out what his prehuman name was, it is worthy to note that before Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth, he had first created a Son who would later turn out to become his master worker along him during creation(Proverbs 8:22-31) through him were created the invisible things(spirit sons of God) and the visible things(the earth and mankind) Colossians 1:16

So when Jehovah said “Let us make man in our image” at Genesis 1:26, he was actually referring to the person who later bore the name “Jesus” on earth. This was after Jehovah employed his firstborn Son during creation after which the other spirit sons of God who were created through Jesus, began to rejoice after the creation of earth and all that was in it. Job 38:7

Evidence that Jesus was created is littered throughout the Scriptures. That was why apostle Paul under inspiration wrote that Jesus is the “firstborn of all creation”—Colossians 1:15-16
A more resounding evidence was the fact that when Jesus was giving instructions to John in the book of Revelations, he called himself: “The beginning of creation by God” or the beginning of God’s creative power—Revelation 3:14
Some people may argue that all of these still doesn’t mean that Jesus is God’s firstborn but what can help us understand it better?
Well, Jacob when he was blessing his sons called his firstborn son, Reuben, “the beginning of [Jacob’s] procreative power” Genesis 49:3

Since that is understood, then if Jesus is God’s firstborn Son as we’ve seen, then wouldn’t you agree that he would have considerable authority over the rest of God’s spirit sons? This then brings us to finding out what Jesus’ name was in his prehuman state.

The Bible reveals that Jehovah used one of his spirit sons (angel/messenger) to lead the Israelites out of Egypt into the promised Land. Exodus 23:20
That name of that angel became known as Michael, because Daniel 12:1 says that he—that is Michael—had been standing in behalf of the Israelites from ancient times and who will also stand up in the future for God’s people on earth. An interesting thought here is that Michael, the archangel(or chief angel) also has command over myriads and legions of angels. Revelation 12:7

How does any of this relate to the name of Jesus in his prehuman state? Well, since Jesus is the one whom the book of Isaiah chapter 11 was talking about, then it strikes any ardent Bible reader that the verse 10 refers to Jesus as the one who will stand up as a signal in behalf of God’s people. This means that on a closer look, what we read earlier about Michael has a significant link with what Isaiah 11:10 says about Jesus.

Also, Jesus while on earth, said himself that he would command the legions of angels when the time comes to destroy the wicked at the end of this system of things. Matthew 16:27, Revelation 19:11-15
So it wouldn’t make sense that God would have two separate armies of angels in heaven.

All of these and more add volume to the fact that Jesus was actually the archangel Michael in his prehuman state but remains a hidden clue that only serious Bible students would figure out. Daniel 12:4

Jesus himself said that he was sent on an assignment to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom and give his life as a ransom for mankind. Matthew 20:28, Luke 4:43
So while on earth, he still remained God’s firstborn Son as was confirmed by Peter, John and several others. Matthew 16:16, John 20:31
Jesus admitted to the fact that he was not on the same level with God(John 14:28) and that he was to ascend back to his God(John 20:17) so it wouldn’t make sense that after making these statements, some will still say he is God.

Remember that Jesus had considerable authority in his prehuman state, so after Jesus completed his mission on earth, he was given more authority over angels in heaven and the Christian congregation on earth. Matthew 28:18
After God resurrected Jesus(Acts 2:32) he returned to his duty post in heaven but this time, he was elevated to a higher position(Phillipians 2:9-11) so that what he couldn’t do as Michael before his coming to the earth, which was to cast Satan out from God’s presence(Jude 9), he could then do after ascension to heaven. Revelation 12:7-9

Nah, I think any Witness you find including the ones on this forum have the same intellectual capacity to hold these kind of discussions with you. Some may be a bit rash, others calmer but still it’s the same answer you’d get.

It looks like your rank is higher than MaxInDHouse in your society, obviously.

Kindly answer this burning question, without an answer there's no JWs because every watchtower teachings is built around 1914

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
true2god:
If all JWs are open-minded you guys, when confronted with Biblical evidences, will not say 'let me do further research' and run away without coming back. All the JWs I have engaged end up running away without revisiting me. They would rather visit the house opposite mine than being open-minded to my biblical narrative, especially if it goes against the standard watchtower narrative.

Sorry bro, you won't/don't accept any narrative contrary to watchtower's teachings. You cant be open-minded and remain a JW.

What makes a religion right is its total adherence to God’s Word. Whether our religion meets this criterion or not can only be determined by open-mindedly comparing it with the Bible. Certainly such an important matter as our worship of God should not be determined for us by the coincidence of where we were born. After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Muslim parents controls that......Awake 11/22 1984

We will agree that the ORGANIZATION is indeed open-minded when the third bold above is edited in this way below....

After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Jehovah's witnesses parents controls that.

Open-mindedness should have enabled the particular writer of this article to use Jehovah's witnesses instead of Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
achorladey:

What makes a religion right is its total adherence to God’s Word. Whether our religion meets this criterion or not can only be determined by open-mindedly comparing it with the Bible. Certainly such an important matter as our worship of God should not be determined for us by the coincidence of where we were born. After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Muslim parents controls that......Awake 11/22 1984

We will agree that the ORGANIZATION is indeed open-minded when the third bold above is edited in this way below....

After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Jehovah's witnesses parents controls that.

Open-mindedness should have enabled the particular writer of this article to use Jehovah's witnesses instead of Muslims.

This is a classic example of how watchtower manipulates words to suite whatever agenda they want to achieve.

They don't celebrate birthdays simply because the two instances of birthdays recorded in the bible didn't end the way it should.

But in thesame breadth teach their followers that consumption of alcohol is alright, thesame alcohol they use in celebrating birthdays!

I know a JW girl who have done multiple abortions but chose to die than take blood transfusion that was when I understood that they care more about outward sanctimonious appearance than inner purity.

They keep dodging questions surrounding 1914 teaching but at thesame time claim that 1914 is a pivotal year, the year that Jesus supposedly appointed governing body as faithful and discrete slave.

The 9th wonder of the world is the fact that how WT arrived at 1914 date have been proven wrong but they all still believe GB got keys to the kingdom in 1914 anyways.

JWs do not have the moral authority to talk about open-mindedness because to become one of them one must close his or her mind to sound reasoning and what the Bible actually says.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

I don't see you mention the generation that saw 1914 here, is this an attempt to derail the question?

Or 1914 nolonger the year Christ's presence began according to watch tower?

They (watch tower) clearly stated that the generation that saw 1914 will not pass away until Armaggedon comes.

So I ask again:

Those who are walking with us in the light of present truth are not looking for things to come which are already here, but are waiting for the consummation of matters already in progress. Or since the master said, " when ye shall see all these things," and since " the sign of the Son of Man in heaven," and the budding fig tree, and the gathering of "the elect" are counted among the signs, it would not be inconsistent to reckon the "generation" from 1878 to 1914- 361/2 years-about the average of human life today........(studies in the Scriptures vol.4 The Battle of Armageddon pg. 605)

E get as e be for them. You how e take be when person too big pass cover cloth wey person dey use sleep but want squeeze himself inside, last last na tear tear go happen.

2021 - 1878 = 143 years what a (this generation of "anointed Christians" not these generations of anointed Christians")

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

This is a classic example of how watchtower manipulates words to suite whatever agenda they want to achieve.

They don't celebrate birthdays simply because the two instances of birthdays recorded in the bible didn't end the way it should.

But in thesame breadth teach their followers that consumption of alcohol is alright, thesame alcohol they use in celebrating birthdays!

I know a JW girl who have done multiple abortions but chose to die than take blood transfusion that was when I understood that they care more about outward sanctimonious appearance than inner purity.

They keep dodging questions surrounding 1914 teaching but at thesame time claim that 1914 is a pivotal year, the year that Jesus supposedly appointed governing body as faithful and discrete slave.

The 9th wonder of the world is the fact that how WT arrived at 1914 date have been proven wrong but they all still believe GB got keys to the kingdom in 1914.

JWs do not have the moral authority to talk about open-mindedness because to become one of them one must close his or her mind to sound reasoning and what the Bible actually says.

I see their open-mindedness sometimes this way from the way they reason

A would be member of their organization is mandated to resign from other Christian denominations whom (they tag false Christians as a result of their false teachings) to join their organisation and that to them equates to leaving Satan to join Jehovah.

But when the same person in the future resign from their organization(as a result of false teachings within the organisation) it becomes such one is leaving Jehovah to join the Devil.

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
achorladey:

I see their open-mindedness sometimes this way from the way they reason

A would be member of their organization is mandated to resign from other Christian denominations whom (they tag false Christians as a result of their false teachings) to join their organisation and that to them equates to leaving Satan to join Jehovah.

But when the same person in the future resign from their organization(as a result of false teachings within the organisation) it becomes such one is leaving Jehovah to join the Devil.

grin grin grin

They that are in this thread need to understand that those of who expose their lies are either ex-JWs, related to JWs, or studied their history out of curiosity; the rest of the world don't care about what they teach or proclaim.

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Being OPEN-MINDED connotes the ability to see the value of what involves two persons and how the two can EQUALLY benefit from it.

So if one person feels unconcerned about the other person them there is nothing like open mind.

The purpose of worship is to gather people together and be informed regarding the sacredness of the God or deity that brought them together.
There must be equity, agreement and oneness in thought {John 27:20-23} so that anywhere the worshipers of this deity finds themselves they should be able to relate easily like brothers and sisters {John 13:34-35} but in the case where worshipers aren't united in line of thought then the deity is worthless! undecided

So if you don't believe that you should have the same line of thought on issues having to do with what your God abhor then you can't accuse someone who decided to let you be since you don't find it compulsory to have the same line of thought one sacred matters.

That's why JWs who believes there should be oneness in thought can't waste their precious time arguing with you after all you believe your God doesn't value oneness in thought so why bother the JWs? smiley

The JW must not (i repeat) must not loose sight of anyone who feels worshipers of the same God must beleive and think the same way because those are the ones our Master Lord and King ordered us to fish out! Matthew 10:6; 15:24 smiley

Being OPEN-MINDED connotes the ability to see the value of what involves two persons and how the two can EQUALLY benefit from it....Max

Emphasis on ability to see the value of what involves two persons which is an interesting thought.

The problem here is how do you see the value in the magazines of other religious denominations apart from yours when you outrightly reject it from them without taking a look at it not to talk of reading it why others are open to collecting,reading and studying yours despite the many reservations they have about your beliefs?

This will aid you in what open-mindedness is.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

grin grin grin

They that are in this thread need to understand that those of who expose their lies are either ex-JWs, related to JWs, or studied their history out of curiosity; the rest of the world don't care about what they teach or proclaim.

That is why I told the creator of this thread when he said if everyone is like Jehovah's witnesses that the world will be peaceful and no war.

I added by saying fafafafao grin grin grin as long as the organisation keep producing dissenters or those they call apostates such ones will keep amassing themselves to counter their actions of which will not promote peace.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
DappaD:

So when Jehovah said “Let us make man in our image” at Genesis 1:26, he was actually talking to the person who later bore the name “Jesus” on earth. This was after Jehovah employed his firstborn Son during creation after which the other spirit sons of God who were created through Jesus, began to rejoice after the creation of earth and all that was in it. Job 38:7

Good evening Mr Splinz i hope this answers your questions!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with my brother, we really appreciate you! smiley

Splinz:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
[/size]

Good evening Mr Splinz i hope this answers your questions!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with my brother, we really appreciate you! smiley

[size=8pt]

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
You will continue to increase the pages while others are picking what they need to know and none of Lazarus's brothers will lift a finger to quench your dishonest thirst with a drop of water! Luke 16:24-26

So continue constituting nuisance as you've chosen to be one! wink

maximunimpact:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
These are your three topics on the religious section for the past 5 years! smiley

Topic Are True Christians Supposed To Participate In Politics?"
maximunimpact:
In Nigeria today the political climate is charged up ahead of the 2019 general elections and many aspirants are cashing in on voters across religious divides. Because i am a christian my opinion here will focus on what the bible says about worldly rulership and political power.

Why Did Jesus Not Get Involved in Politics?

PICTURE a scene from the year 32 C.E. It is late in the day. Jesus, the foretold Messiah, has already won great renown for healing the sick and even resurrecting the dead. Today, he has awed a crowd of thousands by performing powerful signs and by sharing teachings of God. Now he divides the hungry people into smaller groups. He prays to Jehovah and miraculously feeds them all. Then, to avoid waste, he collects the leftovers. How do the people react?​—John 6:1-13.

Well, after seeing Jesus’ miracles and his skillful leadership in managing the crowds and caring for their needs, the people conclude that Jesus would be a perfect king. (John 6:14) Their response is not surprising. Remember that they were desperate for a good, effective ruler; their beloved homeland was under the oppressive rule of a foreign power. So they put direct pressure on Jesus to join in the political process. With that background in mind, consider his reaction.

“Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone,” says John 6:15. Jesus’ stand could hardly have been more decisive. He resolutely refused to get involved in the politics of his homeland. His stand never changed. He said that his followers were to take the same position. (John 17:16) Why did he take this stand?

Why Did Jesus Choose Neutrality?

Jesus’ neutrality regarding the politics of this world was well-grounded in Scriptural principles. Consider just two.

“Man has dominated man to his injury.” (Ecclesiastes 8:9) That is how the Bible sums up the history of human rule. Remember, Jesus existed as a spirit in heaven long before he came to earth as a man. (John 17:5) He thus knew that man, however well-meaning, lacks the ability to care properly for the needs of billions of people; nor was he created by God to do so. (Jeremiah 10:23) Jesus knew that the solution to mankind’s problems lay elsewhere​—not in human governments.

“The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) Do you find that statement startling? Many do. They think of sincere people who get involved in government because they want to make the world a better, safer place. Try as they might, though, even the most sincere rulers cannot overcome the influence of the one whom Jesus called “the ruler of this world.” (John 12:31; 14:30) That is why Jesus said to one worldly politician: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) Jesus was the prospective King of God’s heavenly government. Had Jesus mixed in politics, he would have sacrificed his loyalty to his Father’s government.

Did Jesus teach, then, that his followers have no obligation to earthly governments? On the contrary, he taught them how to find the right balance between their responsibilities toward God and their obligations toward secular governments.

Jesus Respected Governmental Authority

While Jesus was teaching in the temple, opposers tried to put him in an impossible situation by asking whether people should pay taxes. If Jesus said no, his answer would have been deemed seditious and might even have fueled a spirit of revolt among downtrodden people eager to throw off the yoke of Roman oppression. But if Jesus said yes, many would have felt that he condoned the injustices they faced. Jesus’ answer was a masterpiece of balance. He said: “Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God.” (Luke 20:21-25) So his followers have obligations to God and to Caesar​—that is, the secular government.

Governments maintain a measure of order. They rightly require citizens to be honest, to pay taxes, and to uphold the law. What example did Jesus set in paying “Caesar’s things to Caesar”? Jesus had been raised by parents who obeyed the law even when doing so was inconvenient. For example, Joseph and his pregnant wife, Mary, traveled some 90 miles [150 km] to Bethlehem when a Roman census decree required it. (Luke 2:1-5) Like them, Jesus was law-abiding, even paying taxes that he did not really owe. (Matthew 17:24-27) He also carefully refrained from overstepping his authority in secular matters. (Luke 12:13, 14) We might say that Jesus respected the machinery of government, although he refused to operate it. What, though, did Jesus mean about paying “God’s things to God”?

How Jesus Gave “God’s Things to God”

Jesus was once asked which was the greatest of all the laws God gave to man. Christ answered: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:37-39) Jesus taught that when it comes to paying “God’s things to God,” the first thing we owe Him is love​—which involves our wholehearted, complete allegiance.

Can such love be divided? Can our loyalty be split, with some going to Jehovah God and his heavenly government and some going to an earthly government? Jesus himself stated the principle: “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other.” (Matthew 6:24) Jesus was there speaking about dividing one’s loyalties between God and riches, but he clearly felt that the same principle applied to involvement in politics​—as did his followers in the first century.

The oldest available records show that Jesus’ followers in the ancient world did not take any active part in politics. Because they gave all their worship to the One whom Christ worshipped, they refused to pledge allegiance to Rome and its emperor, to take up military service, and to accept public office. They suffered all manner of hostility as a result. Their enemies sometimes accused them of hatred against mankind. Was that accusation a fair one?

True Christians Care About People

Recall Jesus’ reference to the second-greatest of God’s commandments​—“You must love your neighbor as yourself.” Clearly, no genuine follower of Christ is free to hate mankind. Jesus loved people, expended himself for them, and helped them even with the most practical and mundane problems.​—Mark 5:25-34; John 2:1-10.

For what, though, was Jesus primarily known? He was addressed, not as Healer, not as Feeder of Thousands, and not even as Resurrector of the Dead​—although he did fill all those remarkable roles. But people called him Teacher, and rightly so. (John 1:38; 13:13) Jesus explained that a major reason he came to the earth was to teach people about the Kingdom of God.​—Luke 4:43.

That is why Christ’s genuine followers devote themselves to the same work that occupied their Master when he walked the earth​—teaching people the good news about God’s Kingdom. Jesus Christ commissioned all true Christians to teach people worldwide about that subject. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20) That incorruptible heavenly government will rule over all of God’s creation, according to the law of love. It will accomplish God’s will, even eliminating suffering and death. (Matthew 6:9, 10; Revelation 21:3, 4) No wonder the Bible refers to Christ’s message as “good news”!​—Luke 8:1.

So if you are looking for the genuine followers of Jesus Christ on earth today, how can you identify them? Will they be mixing in the politics of this world? Or are they making their main mission the same as that of Jesus​—preaching and teaching about the Kingdom of God?

SOURCE

Topic "Did You Know: The History of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic?"
maximunimpact:

Acts 20:30 – “Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them”.

This single scriptures explain why there are many churches, denominations and sects among the Christian body.

If you trace the history of Christianity from Abraham till date, it all pointed to one church – Roman Catholic!

Going by the above scripture you can now see the so called protestants are the one drawing disciples after themselves and these includes Anglican, Pentecostals, Jehovah witness, Presbyterian, etc.

Whenever I make up my mind to start attending church my best bet is Roman Catholic; every other sect are all after their own personal aggrandizement and greed.

Topic "Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives "Blocking Your Way""
maximunimpact:

Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Sparks Outrage On Twitter

Below is a prayer the GO of RCCG tweeted wishing death for family members blocking progess:

Any relative or anyone blocking your way, if they don’t repent, they won’t see the new year.

If you're truly OPEN-MINDED, why not resolve this with your brethren in da lord since you feel you're all worshipers of the same God?

In one Topic you condemned their most revered Daddy GO and in another you said Catholics are the only Christians you know.

But all these you swept under the carpet only to start chasing after JW thread! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

It looks like your rank is higher than MaxInDHouse in your society, obviously.
Kindly answer this burning question, without an answer there's no JWs because every watchtower teachings is built around 1914

Please can you first use your OPEN-MINDEDNESS to resolve the below issue between you and your fellow brethren in da lord before coming after JWs? smiley

Topic "Did You Know: The History of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic?"
maximunimpact:

Acts 20:30 – “Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them”.

This single scriptures explain why there are many churches, denominations and sects among the Christian body.

If you trace the history of Christianity from Abraham till date, it all pointed to one church – Roman Catholic!

Going by the above scripture you can now see the so called protestants are the one drawing disciples after themselves and these includes Anglican, Pentecostals, Jehovah witness, Presbyterian, etc.

Whenever I make up my mind to start attending church my best bet is Roman Catholic; every other sect are all after their own personal aggrandizement and greed.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Please can you first use your OPEN-MINDEDNESS to resolve the below issue between you and your fellow brethren in da lord before coming after JWs? smiley

That's undisputed even for JWs.

I see your obsession against trinitarian doctrine which by the way is not my concern...

But 1914 is definitely your concern so please answer this question or cover your head in shame:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

That's undisputed even for JWs.
I see your obsession against trinitarian doctrine which by the way is not my concern...
But 1914 is definitely your concern so please answer this question or cover your head in shame:

Eeeeyaaa! embarassed

But it's like your concern is not my concern and below is my concern o! undecided

maximunimpact:

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
Splinz:

grin grin
He did have a pre human existence.
Your Bible says:
Galatians 4:4, NLT: "But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law."

Jesus is God's Son before he was born of a woman. Compare Romans 8:3 "God sent His son"

What he says he is.... Matthew 12:15-18 & John 20:17, Luke 24:27,45. God's son , Servant and Promised Messiah.

Exalted as High Priest & King to sit on his Father's throne. Rev 3:21. Hebrews 4:14-15.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
The thread is now becoming more and more interesting as each antagonist is OPEN-MINDED on what they have @ at:

falseprophet:

But if I later see a need to resume going to any worship center JW will be my choice

maximunimpact:

How i wish Mr true2god and others can also be OPEN-MINDED like their fellow brethren in da lord! smiley

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The thread is now becoming more and more interesting as each antagonist is OPEN-MINDED on what they have @ at:

After all the brouhaha
grin grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
You know according to their slogan "da lord is goooooood ~ all the time"
Now that their lord has given them the best OPEN-MINDEDNESS there is so that each could face any direction of his choice in da lord! Luke 11:23

Simbarry shout Alaluyah! cheesy

Janosky:

After all the brouhaha
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
johnw47:
the Church is not a building but a called out people

the Church in God's word is called:

the Church of God
the Church of Jesus Christ
the body of Christ, and many more names and titles than that

but no where in God's word is God's Church called:

the church of jehovah's witnesses/or the assembly of jehovahs witnesses

or the church of the mormons/or the church of the latter day saints etc.

these are sects that are imposters

1Co 1:2  Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
JohnW Half truth grin grin

The Bible truth is
John 17:6-7 " Father they were yours & you gave them to me"

Acts 15:14, Simon Peter says they are chosen to bear Jehovah's name.
Isaiah 43:10-12, Jehovah says His chosen servants are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Final Verdict :
The titles,
the Church of God
the Church of Jesus Christ
the body of Christ, is the same people
@ Acts 15:14 & Isaiah 43:10-12, chosen to bear Jehovah's name- Jehovah's Witnesses, their real name approved by Jehovah God.
2 Chronicles 7:14

grin grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Eeeeyaaa! embarassed
But it's like your concern is not my concern and below is my concern o! undecided

Wait. Please, can you help me understand something? You mean the person in question said the Catholic Church was his preferred religion amongst others and then he classified Jehovah’s Witnesses under those who are deceiving others and drawing disciples after themselves BUT he had to paste a full article from our website to prove a point in one of his threads that real Christians do not get involved with politics? And in just the same year? Wow. Just wow.

3 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Eeeeyaaa! embarassed

You are so dumb and brainwashed you don't know how to derail.

After you are done fooling yourself you answer this question:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
DappaD:

Wait. Please, can you help me understand something? You mean the person in question said the Catholic Church was his preferred religion amongst others and then he classified Jehovah’s Witnesses under those who are deceiving others and drawing disciples after themselves BUT he had to paste a full article from our website to prove a point in one of his threads that real Christians do not get involved with politics? And in just the same year? Wow. Just wow.

All these madness is just to avoid this question, but here is it again

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How i wish Mr true2god and others can also be OPEN-MINDED like their fellow brethren in da lord! smiley

I don't give a fvck about catholic Church or JWs, but all I want is an answer to this:

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (76) (Reply)

Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement / Dont Laugh Alone, As Spotted In Portharcourt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.