Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same (51597 Views)

El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / Zainab Ahmed Reveals Why IMF Supports Nigeria’s Border Closure / West Africa: EU Supports Nigeria, Beninoise Customs With N8.1 Billion Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Duvet1950: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday came out in support of the Nigerian government’s decision to block access to Twitter in the West African country — and called on more nations to follow suit.

It's no surprise that the Liar in Chief, the former president of the US, Donald Trump would support the illegal and not well thought out ban of twitter in the ZOO. After all, not only is he a dictator, he is a snow flake and thin skinned just like the rulers of the ZOO. So, it should not surprise anyone when birds of the same feathers flock together.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by seunayantokun(m): 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dis na Trump some carry for head like gala dat time. We told them then ....

The man does not represent any Christian virtue or interest. He is only out for his own greedy political gains. They were seeing visions and praying for him to win because they were deceived. They forgot that the best helping hand for man is the hand of God who helps the hands on top of your arms. They expected him to fight for them in Nigeria, did he defend the black in America? Or he is so good a Christian that he hasn't been able to see good children of God among black Americans? His country was boiling on account of black lives being wasted, he went in front of a church taking pictures with some white fellows, with a Bible in hand, and declaring "we have a country ......" Is that how to be a good leader? Is he (and are his disciples) more American
and Christian than many of the black Americans whose ancestors were there before his own father that migrated to the US was born? He missed golden opportunities to to be re-elected because he is unrepentant white supremacist. That's not the character of my personal Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I told a friend of mine, a good Christian, in America then that they didn't need the man and I was glad he lost.. Trump and Buhari are almost like 5 and 6. They both use religion for evil political gains.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by dragunov: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
seunmsg:

Nigeria’s situation is not different. Censoring the speech of the president is an attack on freedom of speech and that is even by the way. Elected governments all over the world should regulate Big techs and not the other way round. Twitter should never be allowed an absolute right to determine what an elected president can say and what he cannot say.

I hope this ban is lifted soon because it is bad business for everybody. Forget about the emotional reactions in Nigeria, opinion leaders all over the world are in support of FG’s decision. Trump issuing a statement to support Nigeria’s decision is just the icing on the cake. Going forward, Twitter will not try this nonsense with any world leader again.

An elected president is a servant to the people and not yhe other way round. Years of military jingoism has warped your thinking.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by charcoy2k: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by lapazi(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Calling trump orange isn't racism,point put where I was racist

You just pointed it out yourself.
You classified him based on his skin tone in an attempt to mock…
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
lapazi:

You just pointed it out yourself.
You classified him based on his skin tone in an attempt to mock…
Nope calling him orange is not racism.
It is a mockery invented by white people to mock fake sun tans.You can research about it it is not in anyway linked to racism.

None that I know of

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Beancounter93:

I doubt that person you quoted ever ever supported Trump.

When i see good people i just commend.

I appreciate your constructive response, some folks will abuse and shame.

Respect
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Nor be me oo.

I have been against Trump from day one.

I appreciate your constructive response, some folks will abuse and shame.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by itu404(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
Thank God that America as a nation has strong institutions that were able to limit the excesses of the twice impeached orange man if not he would have done the same to America when Twitter permanently sent him to the oblivion of irrelevance.

If only Nigeria had strong institutions too to limit the excesses of dictators.

Thank God 81 million Americans removed that sick man from office.The orange head needs big tech more than big tech needs him,no wonder he had to end his blog because he couldn't get the attention he had on Twitter and tried to enter Twitter again last month and Jack banned the account again.

Like Trump like Buhari that is why I am amazed that people support Trump then hate Buhari they are the same thing the only difference is that America had strong institutions to curtail him which Nigeria unfortunately doesn't have
too long a speech .all we are saying is twitter can not be codon in the country if it obviously supports an outlawed group.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Gfskw: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2021
That’s why they kicked him out just like they will do apc in next election
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by tobatele(m): 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
He dares not do that in America.

It is possible here because we are in shit hole
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by grandlexuz(m): 12:21am On Jun 10, 2021
seunmsg:

Nigeria’s situation is not different. Censoring the speech of the president is an attack on freedom of speech and that is even by the way. Elected governments all over the world should regulate Big techs and not the other way round. Twitter should never be allowed an absolute right to determine what an elected president can say and what he cannot say.

I hope this ban is lifted soon because it is bad business for everybody. Forget about the emotional reactions in Nigeria, opinion leaders all over the world are in support of FG’s decision. Trump issuing a statement to support Nigeria’s decision is just the icing on the cake. Going forward, Twitter will not try this nonsense with any world leader again.

Joke of the century. Did you just call the lifeless one a world leader.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by wealthtrak: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amotolongbo:
See how the “zoneBs” will rush in with their erected penîs to hail trump.
The same trump they lambasted for calling their paymaster, Buhari,
a lifeless man
@Amotolongbo, LOL!
grin grin... You and your "erected
penis" cracked me up. I never
knew all this while that you've
got a sharp mouth and a "dirty mind." wink

Awon "erected penis" gang.
Ku ise! grin
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by wealthtrak: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
dukie25:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/trump-backs-nigeria-on-twitter-ban-says-more-countries-should-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Twitter needs to self-regulate
and improve on it's algorithm to
detect scammers using cloned
Twitter profiles, and those who make fake and inciting posts.

Enough said!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cows Block Entrance Gate Of Ministry Of Finance, Abuja (Photo) / Fayose Destroys Walkway In Lagos - Man Blasts Ekiti Governor (pic) / How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.