Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same (51657 Views)

El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / Zainab Ahmed Reveals Why IMF Supports Nigeria’s Border Closure / West Africa: EU Supports Nigeria, Beninoise Customs With N8.1 Billion Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Myer(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2021
Beancounter93:

Trump is not a dictator but his praise for Buhari decision to ban Twitter and wishing he had the same idea is worrying....And shows he might have been one big dictator if not for the US system of checks and balances

Did you not see how Twitter deleted most of Donald Trump's tweets on Covid-19 and Elections just because Jack is Pro-democrats?
Which eventually pushed Trump to also fall victim to their tactics culminating to the protest at the Capitol?

Anyways, obviously you've not been a victim, you won't understand.
The point here is just as CNN and most media houses are tools for pushing the agenda of a sect of people, social media tools have also become their tools.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:

No truth in your ipob rubbish and you are konk ipob, even unknown gunman sef.
You were short of intellectual defence of your lord Buhari, therefore,you brought in escape black hole by your mention of Ipob.
Buhari is a failure.
It is not political but common sense available to so many people proved so.
Your darling Buhari has set the motion as Nigeria becomes a killing field daily.
Perhaps, living under the ROCK has beclouded your sense of judgement.
I do hope you are a realist or perhaps,also living in a virtual world and mistaken Nigeria for some other stable country.
Think well.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Bestbeelieve: 9:05am On Jun 09, 2021
dont even go there! Trump is a nuisance! but Bhari is lifeless! no comparison!
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by juman(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2021
Fake news?

The god of igbos has spoken.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Myer(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

You are the socially unintelligent clown since you didn't see the dictatorial tendencies of trump.

Trump aka orange head was against the media and fighting the constitution and was cozy to dictators like Putin,Kim Jong Un and was okay with Saudi Arabia despite the nation being a known violator of human rights.If you followed his presidency you will see the dictatorial tendencies he had but the American institutions constrained him so he was in check.trump coming out to support what Buhari has done says it all but then you are not socially intelligent to know this

Please be quiet nobody is influencing me or has any gallery I play to.I have always disliked him even before he ran for office I have eyes and brains to know that Trump nor get sense.

The media never told me that

There's obviously no explaining this to you. Just google the influence of the media maybe you will understand where you are.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Sharpsecret01: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2021
CilicMarin:
Now that the Almighty Father, The Omega, Omniscience and Omnipotent God Of IPOB Terrorists Have Endorsed The Action Of Our Daddy Buhari...Can We Now Safely Say, That Whoever That Is Still Fighting Us, Is Fighting God!!!

The implication of this, is that Trump has voiced the political stand of the GOP...any attempt to sanction Nigeria, would highly resisted by the GOP's in the Congress...

Once again congratulations President Buhari..
trump is no longer useful to us...make him go continue with him hotel work
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by AMINDA: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

74 million voted for the idiot not 76 million.

Big Tech regulates itself and I am in support of regulations too.Trump's freedom of speech does not include lying,spreading hate and violence he crossed the line and was rightly banned.

Did any Nigerian protester attack the national.
assembly or said they would hang the VP.Trump supporters took weapons,Guillotine to hang Mike Pence and planned to kill which Nigerian protester did that?

Your comparisons make no sense you are talking out of point and it was 12 million votes against Buhari not 11 million

Big tech regulates itself meaning they are the alpha and omega now? Classic New World Order style. EndSars protesters never attacked the national assembly but they camped at Alausa and blocked Lekki tollgate for weeks, denying other Nigerians of free movement while claiming to be fighting for their kid's future. In Abuja, they even camped outside the CBN headquarters before they were dispersed, probably would have set it on fire if allowed. All the while, being supported by Jack with specialized emojis, blue ticks, bitcoins and manipulated trends. Which is worse? When did Twitter, a mere platform become an NGO or civil society organization to have an opinion on a sovereign country's politics?

Even if 13 million voted against Buhari, bottom line is that it isn't more significant than the 15 million that voted for him. The election was litigated right up to the level of the supreme court and Buhari was adjudged to have won the election. What better form of legitimacy does he need beyond that?

Tweeting is not in the Nigerian constitution and the government has not obstructed your rights by suspending Twitter. Twitter is simply a business outfit interfering in the country's politics. Why is Ko*o, the new social media platform not approved in America as at now? Why was Huawei banned in America and all American companies barred from transacting with them?

We are not house n*ggers!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Goke7: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2021
wman:
If Trump were to be an African president, he would be a dictator.

What held him back was the strong institutions in the United States.

it's not strong institutions cos it's the same humans that run those institutions

People stood up to Trump despite many that compromised, period,
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Sharpsecret01: 9:11am On Jun 09, 2021
peacekante:
We will not take it in IPOB. Trump don't joke with us
is it the same trump that called nigeria a shithole and buhari a lifeless man?i understand trump anger sha...that twitter ban made him lost to biden
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by LifeCoachAndre: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2021
This is life, no matter what you do, good or bad...you will always have some sympathizers. God indeed is Great
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by juman(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2021
Nothing special about american politicians. Most of them are stupid.

They at are level of third world country.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by jaxxy(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2021
sammy329:
angry angry
The media bias and manipulation by the big tech is really worrying.

Twitter was manipulating its trend to deliberately embarrass Donald Trump. This kind of manipulation by the these people that have turned themselves must be stopped.

Few unelected men should not have that kind of power.

Don’t people understand when people’s statements cross the line of civility to the danger zone? Free speech doesn’t mean abused behavior and dangerous statements.

Trump was wrong and Buhari was wrong. Trumps tweets had been deleted many times b4. He was only banned when his called for rally ended in the deadly invasion of Capitol Hill.

Let’s not confuse issues and objectives here. It is oppressive to attack twitter which is a means of free speech online. How it is balanced may be a question to resolve bt u cannot ban twitter and people’s expression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by swedbase(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2021
CilicMarin:
Now that the Almighty Father, The Omega, Omniscience and Omnipotent God Of IPOB Terrorists Have Endorsed The Action Of Our Daddy Buhari...Can We Now Safely Say, That Whoever That Is Still Fighting Us, Is Fighting God!!!

The implication of this, is that Trump has voiced the political stand of the GOP...any attempt to sanction Nigeria, would highly resisted by the GOP's in the Congress...

Once again congratulations President Buhari..

The same Trump that called your Country a shithole?? Well he is no longer the president so his views right now are inconsequential.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by AMINDA: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2021
jaxxy:

Don’t people understand when people’s statements cross the line of civility to the danger zone? Free speech doesn’t mean abused behavior and dangerous statements.

Trump was wrong and Buhari was wrong. Trumps tweets had been deleted many times b4. He was only banned when his called for rally ended in the deadly invasion of Capitol Hill.

Let’s not confuse issues and objectives here. It is oppressive to attack twitter which is a means of free speech online. How it is balanced may be a question to resolve.

Twitter is not a means of "free speech". If you doubt me, make any anti-LGBT comments on Twitter and see if your comments would not be deleted and your accounts probably banned. Matter of fact, people have lost their jobs because of such comments. Freedom of speech is not absolute, it is dependent on the leanings of the regulators of whatever platform such comments are made.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2021
Zenithpeak:
This is a fake News....

Don't fall for this hoax..

It has been widely reported

I even first came across the news on the Daily Mail
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2021
[s]
favour32:

You were short of intellectual defence of your lord Buhari, therefore,you brought in escape black hole by your mention of Ipob.
Buhari is a failure.
It is not political but common sense available to so many people proved so.
Your darling Buhari has set the motion as Nigeria becomes a killing field daily.
Perhaps, living under the ROCK has beclouded your sense of judgement.
I do hope you are a realist or perhaps,also living in a virtual world and mistaken Nigeria for some other stable country.
Think well.
[/s]

I'm immune to the usual ignorant, unintelligent and redundant ipob ramblings..
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2021
jaxxy:

Let’s not confuse issues and objectives here. It is oppressive to attack twitter which is a means of free speech online. How it is balanced may be a question to resolve bt u cannot ban twitter and people’s expression.

....but Twitter can ban people and their expressions?

Is Twitter no longer for free speech?

Or they just hypocritically pick and chose free speech when it suits them and their agenda..?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by SenecaTheYonger: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:

Accept the lecture and say thanks since you did not know the difference between what Trump did and what ipob terrorists did on Twitter.

I do not care about your petty PDP versus APC squabble. Anybody taking sides is an inferior subhuman.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 09, 2021
Myer:

Did you not see how Twitter deleted most of Donald Trump's tweets on Covid-19 and Elections just because Jack is Pro-democrats?
Which eventually pushed Trump to also fall victim to their tactics culminating to the protest at the Capitol?

Anyways, obviously you've not been a victim, you won't understand.
The point here is just as CNN and most media houses are tools for pushing the agenda of a sect of people, social media tools have also become their tools.

So that makes Buhari right to ban Twitter, in your opinion.

You are now in essence supporting Buhari because Trump gave his support to his autocratic action.

If you don't like Twitter, join another platform. If you don't like CNN use other media outlets. I myself have long since abandoned CNN
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by malakaimoscondo: 9:43am On Jun 09, 2021
Amotolongbo:
See how the “zoneBs” will rush in with their erected penîs to hail trump.
The same trump they lambasted for calling their paymaster, Buhari, a lifeless man
lolz the same Trump ipob terrorist call their own and march for nothing for him in the south eastern Nigeria ........
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by akdjr(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2021
I thought some say Twitter ban will push out investor in Nigeria. So because Lagos State Ban okada I can't come and start Uber business in Lagos

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Reglad2020: 9:44am On Jun 09, 2021
But Twitter keep waxing stronger long after trump lost his second term election. Don’t follow failures they have lost something already.
dukie25:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/trump-backs-nigeria-on-twitter-ban-says-more-countries-should-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2021
dukie25:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/trump-backs-nigeria-on-twitter-ban-says-more-countries-should-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Thunder fire Twitter self...they are idiots..
Buhari may be a vegetable...buh it's disrespectful for those morons running Twitter to go about silencing,banning and censoring the post of anyone they feel like ..not to talk of the president of one if their biggest market countries ...let them get there assets out of this country self.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

I'm immune to the usual ignorant, unintelligent and redundant ipob ramblings..

********”"""""****************""*†*
You lack the intellectual capacity to defend your lord Buhari intelligently,hence, RESULT to the usage of vitriolics to hide your below average I.Q.
You have just expose yourself that you are not smart enough to argue constructively without the use of offensive or vulgar words.
An illiterate or a slowpoke knows that Nigeria is now a killing field daily and Buhari is a failure.
You are very much low on the scale or the ladder of intelligence if you do not know what is happening in Nigeria or you deliberately decided to play the asslicking of Buhari due to peanuts offered to you for survival.
Whatever your response now will also prove that you are not IMMUNE to be called a failure in everything!

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by dozai: 9:50am On Jun 09, 2021
Just checked the site. Na yeye site
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by fm7070: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Stvpid people of the same stvpidity reason alike
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by NgwalandAba(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2021
theophilusj31:
grin grin grin grin

Asin ehnnn,I see alot of wailing from our 5% crew,Chukwemeka chibuike Donatus Trump don use their eye chi chumptin. grin grin grin

Shut up there, wasn't the same man that insulted your fulani president, I hate both trump and foolish Buhari.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2021
[s]
favour32:

You lack the intellectual capacity to defend your lord Buhari intelligently,hence, RESULT to the usage of vitriolics to hide your below average I.Q.
You have just expose yourself that you are not smart enough to argue constructively without the use of offensive or vulgar words.
An illiterate or a slowpoke knows that Nigeria is now a killing field daily and Buhari is a failure.
You are very much low on the scale or the ladder of intelligence if you do not know what is happening in Nigeria or you deliberately decided to play the asslicking of Buhari due to peanuts offered to you for survival.
Whatever your response now will also prove that you are not IMMUNE to be called a failure in everything!
[/s]

I'm immune to the usual ignorant, unintelligent and redundant ipob ramblings.................

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by adonis89(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2021
Where is d link to wat Trump said? I've checked BBC, DMA, fox news I haven't seen anything of such
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by jaxxy(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:

....but Twitter can ban people and their expressions?

Is Twitter no longer for free speech?

Or they just hypocritically pick and chose free speech when it suits them and their agenda..?

Yes they can ban whoever is hazardous to people’s rights or causes direct harm to others by the statements. Even Facebook banned trump and many other apps? Why? At the outcome of the invasion?

A protest is legal, a protest can escalate also due how bad or properly it is handled and people will react to this rightfully. Bt attacks ur state institutions that are fair to all rather than going through legal channels is wrong.

It’s like Atiku loosing in 2019 and declaring war on Nigeria for not proving he won and making him president because of the many questionable issues. He cud do that bt only peacefully to to cause harm to society, he can also follow legal means which is what a mature atiku did and accepted. Trump should have done this not assuming and concluding he can never lose just because he is potus or the president or trump.

This was what Buhari also failed to do when he lost to Jonathan 2011 and caused mayhem in which many where killed in the North including coppers. It was a monumental attack on our institutions though our electoral institutions were compromised bt that doesn’t mean take laws into ur hands. I support ipob bt not their violence though it was the government that escalated these issues.

Twitter is and should be guided by international standards of freedom of expression and free speech.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Sterope(f): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2021
Buhari has rendered Nigeria and Nigerians useless
GeneralPula:

What buhari did has rendered twitter useless when it comes to countries power holders..

You’ll understand it - just keep observing..
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

I'm immune to the usual ignorant, unintelligent and redundant ipob ramblings.................
grin serves you right because you cannot argue constructively.
Buhari is a failure, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship / EndSARS Protest: We Feel Abandoned – Police Officers / Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.