Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same (51673 Views)

El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / Zainab Ahmed Reveals Why IMF Supports Nigeria’s Border Closure / West Africa: EU Supports Nigeria, Beninoise Customs With N8.1 Billion Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by LegoxMetahuman: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
Thank God that America as a nation has strong institutions that were able to limit the excesses of the twice impeached orange man if not he would have done the same to America when Twitter permanently sent him to the oblivion of irrelevance.

If only Nigeria had strong institutions too to limit the excesses of dictators.

Thank God 81 million Americans removed that sick man from office.The orange head needs big tech more than big tech needs him,no wonder he had to end his blog because he couldn't get the attention he had on Twitter and tried to enter Twitter again last month and Jack banned the account again.

Like Trump like Buhari that is why I am amazed that people support Trump then hate Buhari they are the same thing the only difference is that America had strong institutions to curtail him which Nigeria unfortunately doesn't have
RELIGION
that's your answer

if buhari is a christian, half of the people are are crying today will wont say jack.

thats why same people that didnt have problem with insecurity and corruption under jonathan and still voted en masse for him are the ones crying insecurity and corruption under buhari today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Okudiover(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2021
What a sore loser
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2021
AMINDA:

So who will regulate the regulators or could big tech be the much talked about New World Order?

You talked about strong institutions but Jack and Zuckerberg singlehandedly banned Trump from their platforms without giving a second thought to his freedom of speech.

81 million Americans removed Trump but you fail to consider the fact that 76 million Americans voted to keep him in power. Ironically, you forget that 15 million Nigerians voted to keep Buhari in power as against the 11 million that voted against him. You support insurrectionists that want to protest Buhari out of power but Capitol Hill protesters are terrorists? America is always right but whatever Nigeria does under Buhari is wrong? We are not house n*ggers!
74 million voted for the idiot not 76 million.

Big Tech regulates itself and I am in support of regulations too.Trump's freedom of speech does not include lying,spreading hate and violence he crossed the line and was rightly banned.

Did any Nigerian protester attack the national.
assembly or said they would hang the VP.Trump supporters took weapons,Guillotine to hang Mike Pence and planned to kill which Nigerian protester did that?

Your comparisons make no sense you are talking out of point and it was 12 million votes against Buhari not 11 million

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:29am On Jun 09, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

The truth is he can’t block Twitter. America is stronger than its president. The people’s voice really matters and the institutions are too strong

American institutions that you are talking about won't hesitate to put Twitter inside shalanga if they allow declared terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, Taliban ISIS or any declared Terrorist group to incite violence against America, make Terrorist threats against America or order terrorists to kill American troops.

This is what ipob did and I don't see any Nation under the sun overlooking that threat against their country and citizens, in fact, America will send the NAVY SEAL or any of their special forces to kanu's door or cave to grab j=him and take him to America to face terrorist charges and sent to jail for the rest of his miserable life.

Stop confusing yourselg with what Trump did and what ipob did.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2021
LegoxMetahuman:
RELIGION
that's your answer

if buhari is a christian, half of the people are are crying today will wont say jack.

thats why same people that didnt have problem with insecurity and corruption under jonathan and still voted en masse for him are the ones crying insecurity and corruption under buhari today.
You are right,but Buhari has performed worse and I agree with your point.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by donbenie(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:

That's for your village idiot drunkard father.
Shut up angry
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by wizelink(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2021
TRUMP'S REASONS IN SUPPORT OF THE BANNING OF TWITTER IS DIFFERENT FROM NIGERIA'S GOVERNMENT REASON.

TRUMP SUPPORTS THE BAN ON TWITTER AND FACRBOOK FOR NOT ALLOWING FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION WHILE NIGERIA'S REASON IS TO SHUT DOWN FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

IT WAS THE PLATFORM OF FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION THAT THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION USED THAT GAVE THEM VICTORY IN 2015 ELECTIONS.

SINCE THEIR LIKES ARE AFFRAID OF LOSING 2023 ELECTION CONSIDERING THEIR MASSIVE FAILURE IN EVERY ASPECT OF GOVERNANCE, PEOPLE'S FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION MUST BE SHUT DOWN UNTIL AFTER ELECTION.

HE WHO KILLS WITH GUN WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE COME TO HIS BACK WITH GUN
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2021
LegoxMetahuman:
RELIGION
that's your answer

100% Correct.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2021
CilicMarin:
Now that the Almighty Father, The Omega, Omniscience and Omnipotent God Of IPOB Terrorists Have Endorsed The Action Of Our Daddy Buhari...Can We Now Safely Say, That Whoever That Is Still Fighting Us, Is Fighting God!!!

The implication of this, is that Trump has voiced the political stand of the GOP...any attempt to sanction Nigeria, would highly resisted by the GOP's in the Congress...

Once again congratulations President Buhari..
Despite apparent failures of this government,you still decided to asslick as BMC.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by BigBashiru: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Hahaha.... we actually suspended Twitter, not banned yet cheesy.
This life ehn! Is this not the same President Muhammadu Buhari they said Trump called "lifeless ". So he can praise President Muhammadu Buhari cheesy
The Hillary Essien,the bigot who reported it for the blog platform couldn't hide his bigotry and hatred against PMB as a hypocritical Southern Christian. Very unprofessional reporting.

And I thought Nigeria was a shithole country? So in Trumps eyes something good can come out of Nigeria? Trump needs deliverance from racist views!

5 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by ogwumgbe: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2021
dukie25:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/trump-backs-nigeria-on-twitter-ban-says-more-countries-should-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Mr Trump, I understand the fact that you are still nursing the wound of the humiliation you suffered from Facebook and Twitter, but you shouldn't dent your already battered image further by supporting a zoo. This will actually destroy what ever reputation you still have beyond fixing. A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by colestephan86: 8:34am On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:35am On Jun 09, 2021
favour32:

Despite apparent failures of this government,you still decided to asslick as BMC.

We can see which one is failure.

The PDP and Jona spent 16 years in office and Jona alone earned N51 Trillion in oil wealth and still did not commission 1 single gutter anywhere in the whole of SE or Nigeria, apart from almajiri classroom.

Obviously, you can not define failure.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by LegoxMetahuman: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

You are right,but Buhari has performed worse and I agree with your point.
yes
that's why i dont take anyone that says he voted jonathan seriously.

Those who truly love nigeria removed jonathan and if the opportunity and better candidate present himself today, they wont hesitate to remove this useless buhari.

not some emotional, hypocritical sentimental people that are okay with failures as long as their tribesman or religion is there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:37am On Jun 09, 2021
Yet, they did not build 1 single classroom, no hospital, no refinery, no road, no bridge, no electricity, nothing for 16 years...

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:

We can see which one is failure.

The PDP and Jona spent 16 years in office and Jona alone earned N51 Trillion in oil wealth and still did not commission 1 single gutter anywhere in the whole of SE or Nigeria, apart from almajiri classroom.

Obviously, you can not define failure.
Follow the stale line of blame game at your darling Buhari apparent failures.
You must be living under the rock to know that Nigeria is now a killing field daily.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:40am On Jun 09, 2021
LegoxMetahuman:
yes
that's why i dont take anyone that says he voted jonathan seriously.

Those who truly love nigeria removed jonathan and if the opportunity and better candidate present himself today, they wont hesitate to remove this useless buhari.

not some emotional, hypocritical sentiment people that are okay as long as their tribesmen or religion is there.
Yes oo.
In 2015 I supported Buhari too because Jonathan did not try and I will never vote for Buhari ever I didn't even vote in 2019.

I don't regret removing Jonathan his administration was bad and we wanted change do I feel sad that I supported Buhari in 2015 yes and I don't support Jonathan too.

They are both bad in my eyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:40am On Jun 09, 2021
[s]
favour32:

Follow the stale line of blame game at your darling Buhari apparent failures.
You must be living under the rock to know that Nigeria is now a killing field daily.
[/s]

I just showed you documented evidence and pictures of PDP's failure and PMB's success and instead of proving me wrong, you came up with the usual ipob rubbish..

ipob's failure is PMB's success..

I'm immune to ipob wailing, hatred, bitterness and bigotry..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by orisa37: 8:42am On Jun 09, 2021
That's B on my left and Z on my right.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by orisa37: 8:43am On Jun 09, 2021
That's B on my left and Z on my right. Oh No. It's T on my Right.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by YouandiAllofus: 8:43am On Jun 09, 2021
Trump banning twitter while he was president still wouldn't have made any difference. If he had tried to, he would have been voted out by a 100mil Americans instead of the 81mil. Twitter also would have been restored

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by favour32(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

ipob's failure is PMB's success..

I'm immune to ipob wailing, hatred, bitterness and bigotry..

grin grin
Everyone who says the truth is your so called Ipob.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2021
all this people screaming ipob this and that are just dumb, so are you saying banning twitter is good because of ipob? seems like i loose brain cells everytime i read comments on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by omohayek: 8:48am On Jun 09, 2021
Beancounter93:

At the same time, you Trump supporters should rethink your support of the man

He is after all a Buhari clone, just with more controls from the system he found himself running.
Trump supporters are like Buhari supporters - neither group is willing or even able to reconsider their blind support, no matter how brazen or plentiful the evidence that their faith has been utterly misplaced. Both men are leaders of personality cults, and their followers will happily follow them into the grave, Jonestown Massacre style.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Commentor: 8:48am On Jun 09, 2021
kponkedenge:

You couldn't have said it any better.... You're a smart dude.

Half mark for knowing he's a dude.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by omohayek: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Beancounter93:

So why is Trump supporting a decision made by a disaster Buhari...?

You trumpite supporters should accept that Trump is just Buhari with a better performance.
Even that is too generous to Cheetolini - any "better performace" he had was due to America having stronger institutions to rein him in, not to Trump's personal competence (of which there is none, other than when it comes to lying, cheating and riling up hate mobs).

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by Basiliun: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2021
i knew right from the unset Trump doesn't mean well for Biafrans, but some folk doubted, now look at his statement when almost the world are against such human right abuses comng from Nigeria Government
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2021
favour32:

Everyone who says the truth is your so called Ipob.

No truth in your ipob rubbish and you are konk ipob, even unknown gunman sef.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by vickertony(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2021
Cry Cry Baby cry cry tongue
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by SenecaTheYonger: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:

American institutions that you are talking about won't hesitate to put Twitter inside shalanga if they allow declared terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, Taliban ISIS or any declared Terrorist group to incite violence against America, make Terrorist threats against America or order terrorists to kill American troops.

Did I ever say they will allow terrorist to disturb their country? Poisioned mind, just looking for where to deposit your bile. C'mon get behind me.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by descarado: 8:57am On Jun 09, 2021
plaindealer:
Yet, they did not build 1 single classroom, no hospital, no refinery, no road, no bridge, no electricity, nothing for 16 years...
Poverty mentality is a situation where you re afraid that where your butter and bread comes from will close even if you have so much in your house.
And the fear of not having again is very toxic.
This, my dear is what has made Nigeria the way it is.
Re: Donald Trump Supports Nigeria's Twitter Ban, Says He should Have Done The Same by plaindealer: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Did I ever say they will allow terrorist to disturb their country? Poisioned mind, just looking for where to deposit your bile. C'mon get behind me.

Accept the lecture and say thanks since you did not know the difference between what Trump did and what ipob terrorists did on Twitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Election - A More Objective Prediction Of The Outcome / PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded / Cows Take Over The Gate Of Presidential Villa - Reno Omokri Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.