Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) (65289 Views)

#EndSWAT: Aisha Yesufu Addresses Nigerian Youths (Video) / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / You’re On International TV, Comport Yourselves, Buhari Tells Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

"A job" is something you do for someone else in order for you to earn a wage to earn a living. I give you a job to do for me because it is profitable for me to give you the job. I pay you for the time and effort you exert on my behalf in order to earn me a profit, and not so you may have a job!

If you can not first do a job, what please would anyone hire you and pay you a wage for doing?

That is why I first get you to apply for a job by showing me what you can do for me, and I interview you to ensure you truly can do what you say you can do.

I do not owe you a job. I give you one because I will earn more by giving you the job. And do note that if you can not do the job, or if your country is not suitable for my business, I will go elsewhere and find those who can do my job so I can earn a profit because I am not in the charity business of feeding lazy fuqs!

If you can't pull my cart I will get someone who can! So first learn cart pulling so I can bring my cart to you to be pulled. But if you intend to stand in front of my cart and expect it to be pulled, I, the cart owner, can not possible be so ignorant as to be waiting for my cart you are standing in front of to get to where I would desire it to arrive at! As Fela might sing, "cart pullers who stand in front of carts, na swegbe and pako!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVkyiawJiE4

Disagree. There are job employment process for even people with menial skills. Just as painting, farming, even refuse disposal jobs that can improve lives. Really, no excuse for a government not to create jobs on a large scale, especially a country like Nigeria where Revenues, allocations and loans comes in billions of dollars.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Job creation is a must for the government.

You keep believing that the sweat of the brow of some government will create a job for you to do. When you start to starve you will get off your ass and create your own source of employment or starve to death I promise you.

The statement below is not a curse, but the obvious factual undeniable truth of human existence. If you do not sow you will not eat, is what it basically means.

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by henrybomb(m): 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
A president that prefers cows to human.
A government that cannot create but can destroy.
A government that will always shift blame to either the past government or things happening around them.
I am not disappointed because he is slow to reason and also slow to react
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Disagree. There are job employment process for even people with menial skills. Just as painting, farming, even refuse disposal jobs that can improve lives.

There is no excuse for you not to go and paint or farm or collect refuse in your neighbourhood. There are already thousands of Nigerians doing those jobs and creating employment opportunities for themselves and for others instead of wailing and waiting for some government to create those jobs for them to do!

They are responsible for the food on their own tables while you expect government to be responsible for the food on your table. Who's starving and wailing, you or them?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:
Nobody will invest in a country it's citizens call a zoo, because it is very obvious that the animals will break out of their cage one day and turn the country into a jungle and eat up all one's investments!

But I guess you don't quite get the fact that if Nigeria is a zoo, as some claim, we the Nigerians are the animals in the cages in the zoo that will one day break out and turn the zoo into a jungle.

Deceive yourselves some more, I say, expecting to reap without first tilling the ground before sowing!

I don't get who are speaking to here. Nigerians, as civilians? Or the leaders?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree. Jumia is selling loads. Our challenge is our economic climate that have kept loads in the state of poverty. The government working towards improving the wealth index will boost a better business climate.

So you agree that Nigeria has it's Jeff Bezos already in Jumia? Is Jumia goverment owned? Did some people not stop waiting and wailing for government and go and create Jumia in order to provide a source of income for themselves and the thousands they employ?

Meanwhile, you are here watching the weather of government who you blame for your own inability to sow your own seed?!?

I hope you know my sympathy for you is nil, as in minus zero!

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't get who are speaking to here. Nigerians, as civilians? Or the leaders?

Nigerians, obviously. You, me, myself and I, who must learn to lead ourselves.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

So you agree that Nigeria has it's Jeff Bezos already in Jumia? Is Jumia goverment owned? Did some people not stop waiting and wailing for government and go and create Jumia in order to provide a source of income for themselves and the thousands they employ?

Meanwhile, you are here watching the weather of government who you blame for your own inability to sow your own seed?!?

Because Jumia is growing, does not mean the government should fold it arms. Even the nollywood industry, music industry is going. That does not mean the government does not have its responsibility to create jobs and support growing local industries.

finito.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

There is no excuse for you not to go and paint or farm or collect refuse in your neighbourhood. There are already thousands of Nigerians doing those jobs and creating employment opportunities for themselves and for others instead of wailing and waiting for some government to create those jobs for them to do!

They are responsible for the food on their own tables while you expect government to be responsible for the food on your table. Who's starving and wailing, you or them?

People are doing all those, however, the government is supposed to create jobs and an enabling environment to make it easier for human and corporate capacity growth.

People can do it but government have the capacity to do it in a larger scale.

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

You keep believing that the sweat of the brow of some government will create a job for you to do. When you start to starve you will get off your ass and create your own source of employment or starve to death I promise you.

The statement below is not a curse, but the obvious factual undeniable truth of human existence. If you do not sow you will not eat, is what it basically means.

I don't believe the government will do for me because they are only interested in siphoning the money to their pockets. I am only pointing out that it is their responsibility.

A useless father who decides to spend all his wealth on call girls, does not mean the children will fail. They can find their way out of a suffering World.

That does not mean it is not the father's responsibility.

It means the father is useless.

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

There is no excuse for you not to go and paint or farm or collect refuse in your neighbourhood.

Lol. Sorry, but is this what you do? Is this what you also expect people who went to and graduated with degrees to do? All of them? If the government is not meant to provide jobs that'll put food on people's table, then what's their purpose?

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
How should we behave??
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by VEHINTOLAR: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2021
Heheheee ! This is Somebody's darling daddy ! It is over for Nigeria; too late to rescue her !
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Because Jumia is growing, does not mean the government should fold it arms. Even the nollywood industry, music industry is going. That does not mean the government does not have its responsibility to create jobs and support growing local industries.

finito.

The government is not made up of Martians who came from Mars! The government is made up of people from amongst ourselves whom we ourselves elected to rule over ourselves.

If we do not like how the current leaders we elected are leading us, na democracy we de, we just wait 4 years and elect from amongst ourselves those who will lead us as we would like ourselves to be led.

But if we keep thinking it is our so called leaders who are solely responsible for misleading us, then we obviously have learnt nothing since we got the power to democratically lead ourselves and will likely make the same mistake of electing the wrong leaders from amongst ourselves to lead us at the next election and will likely make the same mistake at the election after the next one and the one after that.

By the election of say 2031 I think and hope, perhaps we shall then have learnt that no one but ourselves can free ourselves from the hell of no jobs and etc that we have ourselves created for ourselves.

I have immense faith in us despite your continued objection!

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by oghalebros(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
How did this man become a president? The youth you fight against today will you will apologize to tomorrow in your sickbed.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

So what if you had the ability and have sowed, and the weather (which the government can control and regulate in this case) doesn't favor you, then what? You're assuming people are not doing! You're assuming people are wailing and complaining because results (success) is not being seen. No, success is not "totally" in your hands. Do you know how many start up businesses that have crashed as opposed to Jumia? And because of some governmental policies or lack of it? Businesses the naira devaluation has affected? You're looking at this from an individual angle, but outside of that there are things (policies, laws, bureaucracies, systems) that'll affect and condition the choices you'll make.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by bazamani27: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
Foolishness at its nadir
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
IntersexSherry:
How should we behave??

Like sensible people would behave. By being responsible. By being diligent in our learning and in whatever else we do. By loving ourselves and our so called enemies even moreso because they know not what they do, and by educating them so they would know to better do that which they ought to do.

Only after I win the war against the mote of indiscipline in my own self can I begin to teach others to fight the beam of indiscipline in others. And then when our collective lights so shines before ourselves those in the dark may see its brilliance and want some of that light too.

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by ibietela2(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
InaNla:
Sign of a failed ruler!

Yeye fowl.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-12-million-jobs-and-other-promises/%3famp=1

He is not my ruler, he is my employee
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by ibietela2(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
As elected leader, you are mandated to provide jobs for the populace. In civilized countries like the USA, one of the indices used to evaluate the performance of an administration is the number of jobs created. Going by this statement, what this means is Buhari has intentionally chosen to fail the masses.

This man is the worst thing to happen to Flora Shaw's Nigeria.

You forgot Lugard
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by ibietela2(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Last time Buhari said Nigeria youth were lazy.

youths were angry, I too was angry.

but as an objective and rational person, I went to search for the video, I found it. replayed it almost 500 times, in slow motion.

guess what, the man never made such statement, we were putting words into his mouth.

No wonder the man has been avoiding interviews

I would not comment on anything until I watch the video for myself.

God give me data

You can't even afford data of ₦100
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

If Jeff Bezos and I had started Amazon.com in a poverty-stricken corner of Africa, there would have been no job creation because there would be no people to buy the stuff from Amazon.com. The difference here is the American middle class, which is by every measure the most extraordinary economic achievement in the history of the world. Nick Hanauer

So understand that it is not about intelligence alone.
Leave that dimwit to be posting nonsense bro.. na to ignore those types sure pass

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

So what if you had the ability and have sowed, and the weather (which the government can control and regulate in this case) doesn't favor you, then what? You're assuming people are not doing! You're assuming people are wailing and complaining because results (success) is not being seen. No, success is not "totally" in your hands. Do you know how many start up businesses that have crashed as opposed to Jumia? And because of some governmental policies or lack of it? Businesses the naira devaluation has affected? You're looking at this from an individual angle, but outside of that there are things (policies, laws, bureaucracies, systems) that'll affect and condition the choices you'll make.

No, Magnolia. I am Nigerian too, and I am obviously 'doing' instead of wailing and complaining like some.

Businesses will fail, just as they do all over the world everyday, but as my father taught me, all chickens may be looking for food, but while some starve others will fill their own belly.

It starts with being responsible. While some are here wailing they have no jobs, some have earned their daily wage today, some hundreds of Naira, some thousands of Naira and some in the millions of Naira, just today.

You choose which group you want to belong to and then do you whatever needs to be done to be in the group you want to be in. The wailers or the millions of Naira a day group. The choice is entirely your own, and depends on how diligently you choose to be and do that which must be done.

2 Likes

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Lol. Sorry, but is this what you do? Is this what you also expect people who went to and graduated with degrees to do? All of them? If the government is not meant to provide jobs that'll put food on people's table, then what's their purpose?

My dear, I laugh.

Yes, that is what I did. I cleaned non-government toilets to pay my way through school and to get my first degree, after which I could not get a job in my chosen field and so went on cleaning toilets.

Then I got promoted to chief toilet cleaner due to my diligence in toilet cleaning, and eventually became the manager of hundreds of toilet cleaners before being promoted again to become the manager of the managers of toilet cleaners, after which I got employed to manage thousands in other fields that had nothing to do with toilet cleaning, and this is like 30 years later so fill in the gap if you so please.

2 Likes

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
dairykidd:

Leave that dimwit to be posting nonsense bro.. na to ignore those types sure pass

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by newoffer: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
Is that yeye #30k a job. Share tools and see remarkable changes in the youth. Those old wagon cannot improve the youth. They have no idea of the latest working of the globe .
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Talkingrat08: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Haven't we behave ourselves. We youth without job haven't pick amrs to strike u leaders and u are not grateful jst wait for us we are coming we will soon start a revolution against bad governance and non of u will be spared
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by cescky(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Last time Buhari said Nigeria youth were lazy.

youths were angry, I too was angry.

but as an objective and rational person, I went to search for the video, I found it. replayed it almost 500 times, in slow motion.

guess what, the man never made such statement, we were putting words into his mouth.

No wonder the man has been avoiding interviews

I would not comment on anything until I watch the video for myself.

God give me data

Poverty is never far from buhari supporters..

To common watch video of a few seconds you can't.. Poverty still plenty for you ahead.

So you mean the thousands of people who have viewed the video don't understand the half dead mans English?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Psoul(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

Who is swallowing? Is it not us Nigerians? Are we not the snake, the monkey, the government, the law enforcement agents, protester - peaceful and unpeaceful, the professor, the pamperer and the terrorist that is killing people? Are they not all Nigerians just like you and me?

Buhari is saying nobody will invest in us if we continue behaving like animals!

Is it a lie? Can you not see for yourselves that nobody is investing in giving you a job?

Now, you have come in terms wt we are saying.
You have just admitted that the people in the country are behaving like animals.
So describing the country as a zoo is not out of place.

If a family is in shambles, I believe the parents have more responsibilities to put it in order.
It will be arrant stupidity for the father to be behaving so irresponsibly and be asking his children to make the home peaceful.
The father has the responsibility to lead by example.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
May God punish Buhari and his followers

ESPECIALLY THOSE SUPPORTING HIM HERE ON NAIRALAND
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
Psoul:

Now, you have come in terms wt we are saying.
You have just admitted that the people in the country are behaving like animals.

I wonder if you just did not miss my first post on this thread because this has been my argument all along, that if you call your country a zoo you are calling yourself an animal.

budaatum:
Nobody will invest in a country it's citizens call a zoo, because it is very obvious that the animals will break out of their cage one day and turn the country into a jungle and eat up all one's investments!

But I guess you don't quite get the fact that if Nigeria is a zoo, as some claim, we the Nigerians are the animals in the cages in the zoo that will one day break out and turn the zoo into a jungle.

Deceive yourselves some more, I say, expecting to reap without first tilling the ground before sowing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Atiku To Consult Obi, Kwankwaso, Tinubu Considers Lalong, El-Rufai, SGF, Others / Sanwo-Olu Arrests A Danfo Driver Driving Through One-Way on Eko Bridge - Photos / Jubilation In Adamawa As Buhari Defeats Atiku In Polling Unit (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.