Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) (65294 Views)

#EndSWAT: Aisha Yesufu Addresses Nigerian Youths (Video) / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / You’re On International TV, Comport Yourselves, Buhari Tells Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Aroyjunior(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
I don't always hear what he is saying.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Psoul(m): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

I wonder if you just did not miss my first post on this thread because this has been my argument all along, that if you call your country a zoo you are calling yourself an animal

You are purposely avoiding the responsibilities of the leaders that are also the dirtiest animals.
They are not ready to behave like human beings but kept pointing at the attitudes of the lesser animals.
What do u have to say about that?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by prigoz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kriss216:

The joke is on them.

APC didn't specify the CHANGE well for them.

From fry pan to fire is also CHANGE.
My dear, change is change, but if you want to know the one bubu is giving Nigerians, ask APC. Lol
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Psoul:

You are purposely avoiding the responsibilities of the leaders that are also the dirtiest animals.
They are not ready to behave like human beings but kept pointing at the attitudes of the lesser animals.
What do u have to say about that?

In a democracy the people are responsible for the leaders they elect, as I have repeatedly said. And it is our responsibility to scrutinise them before electing them or it is us who will suffer for our choice, as we can see from the wailing in this thread.

budaatum:

The government is not made up of Martians who came from Mars! The government is made up of people from amongst ourselves whom we ourselves elected to rule over ourselves.

If we do not like how the current leaders we elected are leading us, na democracy we de, we just wait 4 years and elect from amongst ourselves those who will lead us as we would like ourselves to be led.

But if we keep thinking it is our so called leaders who are solely responsible for misleading us, then we obviously have learnt nothing since we got the power to democratically lead ourselves and will likely make the same mistake of electing the wrong leaders from amongst ourselves to lead us at the next election and will likely make the same mistake at the election after the next one and the one after that.

By the election of say 2031 I think and hope, perhaps we shall then have learnt that no one but ourselves can free ourselves from the hell of no jobs and etc that we have ourselves created for ourselves.

I have immense faith in us despite your continued objection!
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
sapphiere:
This is why this country would never go forward.
A father is meant to lead his children towards the right direction.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
God you are the Alpha and Omega....

God of the universe... the Heavens and the Earth... deal with those that claim to be mini gods... render them lifeless shameful and may they be disgraced beyond human imagination......!!
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

1. No, Magnolia. I am Nigerian too, and I am obviously 'doing' instead of wailing and complaining like some.

2. Businesses will fail, just as they do all over the world everyday, but as my father taught me, all chickens may be looking for food, but while some starve others will fill their own belly.

3. It starts with being responsible. While some are here wailing they have no jobs, some have earned their daily wage today, some hundreds of Naira, some thousands of Naira and some in the millions of Naira, just today.

4. You choose which group you want to belong to and then do you whatever needs to be done to be in the group you want to be in. The wailers or the millions of Naira a day group. The choice is entirely your own, and depends on how diligently you choose to be and do that which must be done.

1. Why do you seem to think wailing negates doing? Why? I get that's the idea most people have, but in this case, does it really apply? You do not know for a fact that everyone or any one that criticizes the government is wasting away and not engaging their minds, hands and brains in something. The criticism is aimed at the (in)actions of the government that stifles meaningful income (whether monetarily or through other means).

2. Well, maybe we should start living as chickens. E go kuku better. No government, no institutions, no social ties - just plain animalistic beings that drift from one place to another, scratching the floor and pecking at stones, looking for what to eat. I'm kidding. Why do businesses fail (outside of individual shortcomings, that is)? Humans have built government, money and value systems around stuff they found in nature to create artificial hierarchies and barriers, so that some humans have and some do not. I am not disputing the individual's factor here (like creativity, knowledge, discipline, diligence), but that doesn't change the fact of a privileged few doing things at the expense of others.

3. Okay. And what if I say some of the people complaining are responsible, they are honest, they are hardworking, they are upright? That people (learned, unlearned, professionals and graduates) choose to engage in things to feed and make their daily wages does not absolve the government of its responsibilities. They are there to be held accountable.

4. And finally, again, the government plays a role in which of the group you decide to belong to. The government's (in)actions can either widen or close the gap between the two, make a change from one group to the other swifter...
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Basher8583: 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
Racoon:
Then it was "vote for us and we will prove 3M jobs yearly." Then come their stupid "change begins with me" campaign before Nigeria youth can get employment.

Thereafter, it was Nigerian youth are always looking for freebies while seeking asylum in foreign countries from their criminality here in Nigeria.Today, you now see the slowpoke that young people campaigned and voted for? See how he is arrogantly spilling it on your faces?

Job are not distributed as gift. You merit it. Can you offer a driver job to a Drunk?

I keep saying it. Develop yourselves and make yourselves relevant. The jobs are waiting for grabs.

No job for people who spend most of thier time online.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

My dear, I laugh.

Yes, that is what I did. I cleaned non-government toilets to pay my way through school and to get my first degree, after which I could not get a job in my chosen field and so went on cleaning toilets.

Then I got promoted to chief toilet cleaner due to my diligence in toilet cleaning, and eventually became the manager of hundreds of toilet cleaners before being promoted again to become the manager of the managers of toilet cleaners, after which I got employed to manage thousands in other fields that had nothing to do with toilet cleaning, and this is like 30 years later so fill in the gap if you so please.

Okay. That's commendable. That's good. And it worked for you. I wonder what the fate of the other thousands and millions of toilet cleaners out there is, and will be. You're choosing to take personal responsibility, fine. I'm not against that. But I can as well criticize that situation and say it's not the ideal. Especially when you've gone through school, to be knowledgeable in a field and only to end up not being able to put to use what you've learnt...

budaatum:

Nigerians, obviously. You, me, myself and I, who must learn to lead ourselves.

Okay. I wanted to be sure. And you do not think there is a cage that constricts people, and that it is even the things happening in the country that brought about the "zoo" word? Nigeria's already bad; was the way it was before some started calling it what it is. Calling Nigeria a "zoo" did not ruin the country. It simply reflect the state of things.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

1. Why do you seem to think wailing negates doing? Why?
I do not think wailing negates doing, but if you are wailing and waiting for Buhari to create a job for you you are obviously not doing much to create a job for yourself. And while you are busy wailing and waiting for bubu, millions of Nigerians have gone out to earn their own daily bread in the environment you are here wailing about.

I do not have time for the rest of what you wrote because it is my dinner time which I refuse to let what you wrote get in the way of my cooking and eating! Refer to the rest of my comments where I have addressed similar sentiments and I may respond once I have finished enjoying my hard earned meal.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Especially when you've gone through school, to be knowledgeable in a field and only to end up not being able to put to use what you've learnt...
As you have seen, I went through school, and I hope you don't think I studied toilet cleaning. If you are diligent in the small things you are likely to advance to greater things, but if you don't bother to even start you are likely to remain wailing where you are.

Magnoliaa:

And you do not think there is a cage that constricts people,
Ignorance is the greatest cage restricting people. Adam was constricted in a cage before Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and freed them both, yet most would rather remain as enslaved Adam who was afraid to die, than Eve who chose to use her own senses to check if she shall surely die or not and the rest is her story!

You may read about a Nigerian who would rather be an Adam than an Eve here. And make sure you read the entire thread and put some effort in to understand it too or I shall accuse you of laziness.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Shakur86(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
We don enter am
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by NickD(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
wale377:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Acr_zlEfs

it's been a while we saw you. Please come and defend your mentor.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

As you have seen, I went through school, and I hope you don't think I studied toilet cleaning. If you are diligent in the small things you are likely to advance to greater things, but if you don't bother to even start you are likely to remain wailing where you are.

Ignorance is the greatest cage restricting people. Adam was constricted in a cage before Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and freed them both, yet most would rather remain as enslaved Adam who was afraid to die, than Eve who chose to use her own senses to check if she shall surely die or not and the rest is her story!

You may read about a Nigerian who would rather be an Adam than an Eve here. And make sure you read the entire thread and put some effort in to understand it too or I shall accuse you of laziness.

grin grin grin grin grin I have judged and sentenced myself already. I'm guilty of laziness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

grin grin grin grin grin I have judged and sentenced myself already. I'm guilty of laziness.

You are very forgiven, only because I must forgive.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by blowjohn(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
27Pushing30:
@seun eventually you will find yourself in hot waters if your forum continues to be used for fake or distorted news.

The president clearly stated the youths need to behave themselves because no investor will come into a country where there's insecurity,

what sort of sensationalized headline is this?

U just said the same thing.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by GodisFirst: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
Educationalserv:
they can keep misbehaving and doing yahoo ,drugs ,cults,gangs and suicide bombers and expect jobs .

What is the population of Nigerian youths? Because few misbehaves, every other youth will be made to suffer. have they tried to know why the youth misbehave?

In the 60s and 70s, as you graduate, jobs are there waiting for you. but what is happening this days?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by erinatso: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Wetin we go do if we want fulani to stop killing
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Emmyviva: 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Is that the reason u purposely denied the youths jobs? Just asking
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by dododawa1: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
YAHOO YAHOO and OOLOSHO has created job for d youth.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by treach(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
ebuk4real:

Attimes I wonder if Nigeria is a country or just an over-populated jungle of many fools with idiots as its leaders..
You follow oo, Shay u remember
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by wackpoet(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Last time Buhari said Nigeria youth were lazy.

youths were angry, I too was angry.

but as an objective and rational person, I went to search for the video, I found it. replayed it almost 500 times, in slow motion.

guess what, the man never made such statement, we were putting words into his mouth.

No wonder the man has been avoiding interviews

I would not comment on anything until I watch the video for myself.

God give me data

Ode. Hope say you done watch the video now. Zombie
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by DedeNkem: 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
Oh boy. This old fool is an idiot!

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Clinton207: 3:15am On Jun 11, 2021
Which kind talk be this one kai!
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Tzar(m): 4:11am On Jun 11, 2021
Sadly, Mr. 'democratically' elected emperor, Nigerians (who by the way EMPLOYED you to keep them safe and provide their welfare) are too cowardly and docile to say, 'GMB if you want to keep your job, better behave yourself'.

wale377:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Acr_zlEfs

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Psoul(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2021
budaatum:

In a democracy the people are responsible for the leaders they elect, as I have repeatedly said. And it is our responsibility to scrutinise them before electing them or it is us who will suffer for our choice, as we can see from the wailing in this thread

Hahahahahaha....I can see that desperation to defend your darling daddy.
Well, what I know is dat deep inside you, you know what is right and what is wrong no matter how much u try to pretend.
You totally absolved the leaders from the bad things happening in this country.
It's still good so long as it makes your darling daddy look like an Angel.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2021
Psoul:

Hahahahahaha....I can see that desperation to defend your darling daddy.
Well, what I know is dat deep inside you, you know what is right and what is wrong no matter how much u try to pretend.
You totally absolved the leaders from the bad things happening in this country.
It's still good so long as it makes your darling daddy look like an Angel.
I'm asking you to be responsible for leading yourself but you think I would follow some leader, lol. Just goes to show how little you understand.

You keep irresponsibly claiming you are not responsible for choosing those you elected. I'll be here when you wail next term.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by Psoul(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
budaatum:

I'm asking you to be responsible for leading yourself but you think I would follow some leader, lol. Just goes to show how little you understand.

You keep irresponsibly claiming you are not responsible for choosing those you elected. I'll be here when you wail next term.

Oga forget this politics u are playing wt words. You know that you darling daddy has failed.
He failed the nation
He failed himself
He failed his family
He failed you guys that have bn struggling to defend him
You know it but shame will not let u admit it.
The man is an all times failure.
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
Psoul:

Oga forget this politics u are playing wt words. You know that you darling daddy has failed.
He failed the nation
He failed himself
He failed his family
He failed you guys that have bn struggling to defend him
You know it but shame will not let u admit it.
The man is an all times failure.

Join the Nairaland Democratic Party and be the difference you want to see!

1 Like

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by cornelman: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
budaatum:

Because of our individual dirty behaviour!

Buhari is not the one kidnapping and robbing people all over Nigeria! We, Nigerians, are!

But what is he doing about the kidnapping and robbing because he has power vested in him and at his disposal as the GCFR to quench such activities. I believe he is capable of instilling normalcy but what has he done?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by budaatum: 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
cornelman:

But what is he doing about the kidnapping and robbing because he has power vested in him and at his disposal as the GCFR to quench such activities. I believe he is capable of instilling normalcy but what has he done?

I think you assume too much power to Buhari.

If me and my people decide to go and kidnap someone, what power is invested in Buhari to stop us? We are a very smart and, arguably, an intelligent group of people who would plan our kidnapping very well, so how would buhari instil normalcy in our ignorant heads so we apply our intelligence in better ventures and decide to not kidnap?

What is this "power vested in him and at his disposal as the GCFR to quench such activities"?
Re: If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) by ygowon: 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
budaatum:

The government is not made up of Martians who came from Mars! The government is made up of people from amongst ourselves whom we ourselves elected to rule over ourselves.

If we do not like how the current leaders we elected are leading us, na democracy we de, we just wait 4 years and elect from amongst ourselves those who will lead us as we would like ourselves to be led.

But if we keep thinking it is our so called leaders who are solely responsible for misleading us, then we obviously have learnt nothing since we got the power to democratically lead ourselves and will likely make the same mistake of electing the wrong leaders from amongst ourselves to lead us at the next election and will likely make the same mistake at the election after the next one and the one after that.

By the election of say 2031 I think and hope, perhaps we shall then have learnt that no one but ourselves can free ourselves from the hell of no jobs and etc that we have ourselves created for ourselves.

I have immense faith in us despite your continued objection!
How can you even elect a preferred leader among us when the structure of nigeria and its constitution does not allow that? Or do you think the majority of Nigerians wanted buhari for second term?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Atiku To Consult Obi, Kwankwaso, Tinubu Considers Lalong, El-Rufai, SGF, Others / Sanwo-Olu Arrests A Danfo Driver Driving Through One-Way on Eko Bridge - Photos / Jubilation In Adamawa As Buhari Defeats Atiku In Polling Unit (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.