Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra (29257 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2022
spyder880:

Everywhere my brother. I was in the south south yesterday and couldn't believe the type of prices trucks were calling for sand and chippings.
na why I pause for my building...
Things too cost

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 11:32am On Apr 23, 2022
donforeign:
na why I pause for my building...
Things too cost
For me, the only thing that's holding me back right now is roofing, for which I need bulk money and I don't have that now. As soon as I achieve that, any little cash I have I'll put it into the project. The longer you wait, the less you can achieve with your money, unless you're earning or saving in dollars. The Naira is losing value everyday and inflation is on the increase. If I have the funds, I'll simply fire on.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Rany4all:
For me, the only thing that's holding me back right now is roofing, for which I need bulk money and I don't have that now. As soon as I achieve that, any little cash I have I'll put it into the project. The longer you wait, the less you can achieve with your money, unless you're earning or saving in dollars. The Naira is losing value everyday and inflation is on the increase. If I have the funds, I'll simply fire on.
no funds for now ..if money come I continue....na who get they save in dollars. I already roofed n gone far . Just gate, tank stand, wiring n flooring of compound left
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
donforeign:
no funds for now ..if money come I continue....na who get they save in dollars. I already roofed n gone far . Just gate, tank stand, wiring n flooring of compound left
Okay then, that's a different matter na. You paused due to lack of funds at the moment, rather than because materials were too costly... smiley

Healthy envy on your project though...wish mine has gone that far.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Rany4all:
Okay then, that's a different matter na. You paused due to lack of funds at the moment, rather than because materials were too costly... smiley

Healthy envy on your project though...wish mine has gone that far.
if money come I go finish am. 5mil will finish it .. e no easy sha .. house no easy except you no wan build to standard ..
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
donforeign:
if money come I go finish am. 5mil will finish it .. e no easy sha .. house no easy except you no wan build to standard ..
I'm telling you! And it's very easy to underestimate until you start building... cheesy

When I started, I thought the funds I had at the time would take me to roofing stage, but to my utmost surprise, it couldn't even fill the foundation... grin

Na there I know say building, especially to standard, nor be beans.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 4:21am On Apr 24, 2022
Rany4all:
I'm telling you! And it's very easy to underestimate until you start building... cheesy

When I started, I thought the funds I had at the time would take me to roofing stage, but to my utmost surprise, it couldn't even fill the foundation... grin

Na there I know say building, especially to standard, nor be beans.
bro e no easy o..tiles go chop you, roofing , pop, fitings, wiring and all.. baba na millions.. how many flat you dey build?
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 5:54am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
bro e no easy o..tiles go chop you, roofing , pop, fitings, wiring and all.. baba na millions.. how many flat you dey build?
Abeg no scare me o...na just 4 bedroom bungalow o.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 7:33am On Apr 24, 2022
Rany4all:
Abeg no scare me o...na just 4 bedroom bungalow o.
baba just get am for mind say u go spend pass 10mil lol. Depends on your roofing u do and roofing sheets , depends if you do parapet. If you wan build mordern structure, u go burn money, just know that . Mine is 3 flats ,i.e 3 bedroom flat, 2 bedroom flat and a room and parlour self contain. So mine is bigger.... U self u go scare when you start to burn money
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
baba just get am for mind say u go spend pass 10mil lol. Depends on your roofing u do and roofing sheets , depends if you do parapet. If you wan build mordern structure, u go burn money, just know that . Mine is 3 flats ,i.e 3 bedroom flat, 2 bedroom flat and a room and parlour self contain. So mine is bigger.... U self u go scare when you start to burn money
Yea, I know I'll definitely spend more than 10mil to finish the project...my estimate is even up to 20mil or more, considering rising costs. Plan on doing stone coated roofing ... Concrete fascia already done and I've also achieved external plastering as well.

Total estimate of the project before I started was about 27mil, and so far I've spent about 10mil to get to roofing stage.

You've really tried to get to where you are on your project mehn...e no easy at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by TheMohican(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
baba na everywhere

The East is specifically really expensive, we did a price comparism in Lagos and Kaduna.. the only place that beats Anambra is Abuja
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
for gate and tank stand, I can run it for you

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
michlins:
for gate and tank stand, I can run it for you
nice gate but I love very simple gates ... Those modern gate
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 10:58am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
nice gate but I love very simple gates ... Those modern gate
and I can still do them

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2022
michlins:
and I can still do them
how much for those ones
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:
how much for those ones
450,000 and 650,000 respectively
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by donforeign: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2022
michlins:
450,000 and 650,000 respectively

why so expensive?
what materials re u using?
only the first gate is simple...
last price
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by BestLife22(m): 11:30am On Apr 24, 2022
Here are more creative ways to turn your home into a palace� without spending a dime. Trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZPnERHYSw
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by michlins(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
donforeign:

why so expensive?
what materials re u using?
only the first gate is simple...
last price
that's my best offer. Using wrought to frame
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Xata: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
Cost of building materials in PH is dead, already spent 18m and I have not even roof the house.... It's a 6 bedroom duplex
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 12:31am On Apr 25, 2022
Xata:
Cost of building materials in PH is dead, already spent 18m and I have not even roof the house.... It's a 6 bedroom duplex
/
PH is crazy. I am currently doing a commercial project there and it is burning holes in my pocket. Just 30T granites is now N545k at Oil Mills. Best bet remains to get things out of the way. It never gets better.

/

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Xata: 6:36am On Apr 25, 2022
I just weak... Once I put roof, I go jst rest for like two months first, make I no come think come die abeg..

Please who know the estimated cost of roofing .. I was planning on high quality roof sheet, but as things be like this I go reduce my budget make I rest abeg

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by sonnie10: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Xata:
I just weak... Once I put roof, I go jst rest for like two months first, make I no come think come die abeg..

Please who know the estimated cost of roofing .. I was planning on high quality roof sheet, but as things be like this I go reduce my budget make I rest abeg

I can give a recommendation for roofing. Very reliable and truthful.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2022
Wall tiles for kitchens and bathrooms in this house........

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2022
Deck sealing works .........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2022
Inspection chambers being done around this house..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2022
The house as at yesterday...........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by Mazicito: 4:53pm On May 07, 2022
spyder880:
Ceilings inside this house.......

Are the windows a single unit with the protectors? or are they separate from each other?
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2022
Mazicito:

Are the windows a single unit with the protectors? or are they separate from each other?

Single unit.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:09pm On May 10, 2022
Floor and walls tiles, bathroom fittings and other works going on in this house.

More pictures later.
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by davle: 9:08pm On May 11, 2022
spyder880:
Floor and walls tiles, bathroom fittings and other works going on in this house.

More pictures later.

Oga spyder, I notice that you plaster your deck before POP, can't POP be done without plastering?
Re: The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra by spyder880(m): 5:44am On May 12, 2022
davle:

Oga spyder, I notice that you plaster your deck before POP, can't POP be done without plastering?

That was an error, my client initially wanted a screeded ceiling, but opted for a dropping POP design after we plastered the ceiling. POP could be done on an unplastered surface.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market / House Collapsed In Adeniji-Adele Street Lagos With People Trapped / Get A Portable Car Port And Aluminium Roofing Systems For Your Building Cheap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.