Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? (4008 Views)

When Did You First Realize You Were Living In Poverty? / How And When Did You Realize That Your Girlfriend Loved You For Real? / I Was Framed & Imprisoned For 2 Years Only To Be Released And Realize My Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by myfan: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Mine is when I finished 300k I had without any investment. That money could have done a lot for me but I finished it on consumables and today broke again. I could have invested that money on mini importation, learning digital skills and so on. When I look back today, I can only imagine how stupid I was. I know this has happened to so many people.

Share yours.

12 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
One scammer called me , claimed to be bank official , he asked for bank details , Stoopid me gave him everything , after 7 days , my salary entered acct , 70k , I was dancing , that it's time to party , until i saw debit alert , all 70k ... I almost ran mad ...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by sholikay(m): 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
Opening this same thread...mhen ,I wasted my data...the post has no romance in it.. sad

14 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Kobicove(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
One bastard elderly man approached me to finance a business transaction and I provided the money without insisting on getting collateral.

Till today my N6 million plus is still in voice mail. angry

9 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by fati2001(m): 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
I'm from Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by lkillbrokehoes: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
Trusting Nigerian girls I think

7 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by fati2001(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Trusting Nigerian girls I think

like ur prostitute fiancée.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by pansophist(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
It was in high school when I manage save like 5k then. I went to Oshodi to buy a phone, and one of those boys standing on the street advertised his phone to me for even 3x cheaper than the price. I was like mehn, this is scam. Na me you wan sell fufu for, you are mad. grin I knew this type of scam so I ignored.

But again, he persisted and I decided to just check it out and said to myself, how can he scam me when I'm not even ignorant of the trick? So I followed him to an open secure place and he gave me the phone to operate. I opened it to be sure it has not been overworked inside, checked the screws and battery and it seems good and genuine. He said its 5k (a 15k phone minimum), I believed he stoled it and even if I was hiding my excitement to get such a big phone for such a cheap price, I still priced it to 3500 naira, and he grudgingly agreed, telling me its because its the first time and he wanted to make me a customer. I was soooo happy.

He remove his sim, switched off and packaged the phone, gave it to me but I refused, I said he should turn it on, let me be sure he gave me the right phone. He did and right in front of my eyes, gave me the phone and he told me to leave quickly that agberos would want to collect money if they saw we are doing business, so as a sharp guy that just secured a cheap ass price of a big phone, I bounced off happily.

I was on my way home when I slipped my hands into my pocket to feel my new phone and alas, it was sticky and gummy, it was like a bomb exploded in my chest, i took my hand without the phone and it was smelling fufu fufu, alas, I took the phone out and as suspected, it was stuffed with fufu in it. Heaven and hell could not contain my anger that day. I was so angry and felt soo stupid that I went back to search for the guy with a friend to beat him public style, but he is no where to be found. Even the shop we did business at denied knowing him. Up till this day, I can't tell if it was juju or I'm just being stupid, non-attentive or all of the above.

I'm not even angry about the scam, the pain is that I was scam with my eyes fully open and being prepared not to get scammed. All my defenses was nothing in the hands of this scam artist. Since that day, I realise there are areas that where my sense end, others own just begin from there. A whole lagos breed nigga like me got scammed. So damn painful. So yea, when I think of that event I feel really stupid.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by lkillbrokehoes: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
pansophist:
That I'm susceptible to fraud even if my senses and eyes are sharp like an Eagle.

It was in high school when I manage save like 5k then. I went to Oshodi to buy a phone, and one of those boys standing on the street advertised his phone to me for even 3x cheaper than the price. I was like mehn, this is scam. I knew this type of scam so I ignored.

But again, he persisted and I decided to just check it out and said to myself, how can he scam me when I'm not even ignorant of the trick? So I followed him to an open secure place and he gave me the phone to operate. I opened it to be sure there was no fufu inside, checked the screws and battery and it seems good and genuine. He said its 5k (a 15k phone minimum), I believed he stoled it and priced it 3500 naira, and he grudgingly agreed.

He packaged the phone and gave it to me but I refused, I said he should unbox it and let me be sure he gave me the right phone. He did and right in front of my eyes, gave me the phone and he told me to bounce off quickly that agberos would want to collect money if they saw we are doing business, so I bounced off.

I was on my way home when I slipped my hands into my pocket and alas, it was a plastic phone, sticky and stuffed with with fufu in it. Heaven and hell could not contain my anger that day. I was so angry that I went back to search for the guy and beat him big time with a friend, but he is no where to be found. Even the shop we did business at denied knowing him. Up till this day, I can't tell if it was juju or I'm just being stupid, non-attentive or all of the above.

I'm not even angry about the scam, the pain is that I was scam with my eyes fully open and being prepared not to get scam. All my defenses was nothing in the hands of this scam artist. Since that day, ai realise there are areas that where my sense end, others own just begin from there. So damn painful. So yea, when I think of that event I feel really stupid.
Wow! shocked

9 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by budaatum: 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
One day buda discovered buda could whistle, and not only whistle, but make mouth anyhow buda liked and whistle.

buda was very popular without this new found skill, being one of only two black kids in buda's school, but buda's fame went megasuperhyper in the playground when everyone heard buda whistle.

After play and back in class, buda's classmates told teacher about buda's new found whistling skill, which she asked buda to come display in front of class.

So there's buda, very proud of buda's self making mouth this way and making mouth that way and almost standing buda on buda's head as buda whistled in front of the class for like five minutes till buda's mouth began to hurt.

When buda finally tired and stopped, teacher said, "That's not whistling! That's screaming!" And that was how buda's fifteen minutes of fame in Carleton Nursery London N7 turned to buda's shame.

buda was 4 years old and was taught the lesson of hubris. But I bet you wouldn't notice considering buda is still such an arrogant fuq. But what buda learnt was to ask and knock and seek to know with all buda's heart and soul and mind and being and still give space that buda might not really know, which is why buda could be a seeking atheist who finally did find God. Or more accurately, an understanding of that which is called God, since it's a work in progress.

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by myfan: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
pansophist:
That I'm susceptible to fraud even if my senses and eyes are sharp like an Eagle.

It was in high school when I manage save like 5k then. I went to Oshodi to buy a phone, and one of those boys standing on the street advertised his phone to me for even 3x cheaper than the price. I was like mehn, this is scam. I knew this type of scam so I ignored.

But again, he persisted and I decided to just check it out and said to myself, how can he scam me when I'm not even ignorant of the trick? So I followed him to an open secure place and he gave me the phone to operate. I opened it to be sure there was no fufu inside, checked the screws and battery and it seems good and genuine. He said its 5k (a 15k phone minimum), I believed he stoled it and priced it 3500 naira, and he grudgingly agreed.

He packaged the phone and gave it to me but I refused, I said he should unbox it and let me be sure he gave me the right phone. He did and right in front of my eyes, gave me the phone and he told me to bounce off quickly that agberos would want to collect money if they saw we are doing business, so I bounced off.

I was on my way home when I slipped my hands into my pocket and alas, it was a plastic phone, sticky and stuffed with with fufu in it. Heaven and hell could not contain my anger that day. I was so angry that I went back to search for the guy and beat him big time with a friend, but he is no where to be found. Even the shop we did business at denied knowing him. Up till this day, I can't tell if it was juju or I'm just being stupid, non-attentive or all of the above.

I'm not even angry about the scam, the pain is that I was scam with my eyes fully open and being prepared not to get scam. All my defenses was nothing in the hands of this scam artist. Since that day, ai realise there are areas that where my sense end, others own just begin from there. So damn painful. So yea, when I think of that event I feel really stupid.

I understand your pain bro but you see those street boys, e dey hard to beat them. Sorry for the experience.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by SILENTandSMART2: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
The day i broke a girl heart at the same time.......

I just think dat it's not necessary I'm just tryin' to show myself.......

Stupid co niggas is hailing me but i know I'm really stupid

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by angelfallz(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
grin grin grin

pansophist:

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by tatutatu: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by PAWG(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2021
I housed my girlfriend and 3 friends during my undergraduate days.

I’ve not fully recovered yet

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:

Rule2

Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by fati2001(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Rule2
maybe nah u be the olosho sef for the relationsex..

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:

maybe nah u be the olosho sef for the relationsex..
Rule2

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by fati2001(m): 7:59am On Jun 12, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Rule2
call them again..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by qtguru(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2021
Not taking some interviews serious. prob would have left here since but God has a plan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Qatar2022: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:

Why are you always pained when someone mentioned Nigeria girls

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Emu4u2c: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2021
PAWG:
I housed my girlfriend and 3 friends during my undergraduate days.

I’ve not fully recovered yet

Hahahha
I fully understand

How you see women and friendship will be very toxic

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Just123: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2021
pansophist:

grin grin grin grin you are a damn good writer.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Just123: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2021
budaatum:
One day buda discovered buda could whistle, and not only whistle, but make mouth anyhow buda liked and whistle.

buda was very popular without this new found skill, being one of only two black kids in buda's school, but buda's fame went megasuperhyper in the playground when everyone heard buda whistle.

After play and back in class, buda's classmates told teacher about buda's new found whistling skill, which she asked buda to come display in front of class.

So there's buda, very proud of buda's self making mouth this way and making mouth that way and almost standing buda on buda's head as buda whistled in front of the class for like five minutes till buda's mouth began to hurt.

When buda finally tired and stopped, teacher said, "That's not whistling! That's screaming!" And that was how buda's fifteen minutes of fame in Carleton Nursery London N7 turned to buda's shame.

buda was 4 years old and was taught the lesson of hubris. But I bet you wouldn't notice considering buda is still such an arrogant fuq. But what buda learnt was to ask and knock and seek to know with all buda's heart and soul and mind and being and still give space that buda might not really know, which is why buda could be a seeking atheist who finally did find God. Or more accurately, an understanding of that which is called God, since it's a work in progress.
Best in confusion ��
Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Cinema4d: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
The day i broke a girl heart at the same time.......

I just think dat it's not necessary I'm just tryin' to show myself.......

Stupid co niggas is hailing me but i know I'm really stupid
Of course you are smiley
Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by myfan: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2021
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:
I'm from Nigeria
you are from niger republic shut up

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by lkillbrokehoes: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:

Rule2

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by bigcee(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
fati2001:

call them again..
You go like trouble grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Look Back And Realize You Were Stupid? by Viridis(m): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
One scammer called me , claimed to be bank official , he asked for bank details , Stoopid me gave him everything , after 7 days , my salary entered acct , 70k , I was dancing , that it's time to party , until i saw debit alert , all 70k ... I almost ran mad ...
Lol werey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men And The Mammary Glands(breast)/milk Factory. For The Love Of Breast. / I Had Sex With My Partner Yesterday / Would U Keep Quiet If Ur Man Still Keeps In Touch With His Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.