Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? (17623 Views)

Seriously Sick Ada Jesus Taken To Odumeje’s Church To Beg For Forgiveness (watch / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / Drug Addict Daughter Delivered At Dunamis International Gospel Centre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Drparts: 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
What exactly are you fasting of ? Is bad Governent or part of enriching your pastor. Nigerians and Church mata . Oyaa continue till enter night
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by SAMIexx: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Oga u better go and break that fast.
If something happens to you know you are the one responsible not God. Please be wise.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Godliness05(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please I need advice on this. I was given fasting and praying which is supposed to end today but yesterday night i was not feeling alright then I visited a doctor who gave me some medications and placed me on drug, I'm suppose to use some this morning but I'm afraid I might spoil my fasting.

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Who gave you a fast and why?. Note, fast don't twist God's hands to do miracle or makes answer quickly answer, it only subject the flesh for spirit sensitivity. please, go and break your fast right away. Stop fasting and suffering your sick body. When you are okay, you can start fasting but then learn to how the reason why fasting is done!
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by olmoRoc: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
you don't have to continue with the fast while sick
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Ten06(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
You can not be sick and be fasting.
Please, go and treat yourself first, after you have gotten well you can start your fasting.

I have seen someone who died in her sleep while sick and fasting.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Femipraise1: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Fasting is a life time race! If u are healthy more fasting u will do. Bless you
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Integrafamoo: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Don't fast when you are sick.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by berbs: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

Please I need advice on this. I was given fasting and praying which is supposed to end today but yesterday night i was not feeling alright then I visited a doctor who gave me some medications and placed me on drug, I'm suppose to use some this morning but I'm afraid I might spoil my fasting.

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Check your mental health firstly before deciding on what to do with yourself.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by DONFASZY(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
dairykidd:

And how do u know they're comfortable? Physical riches? How do u know about their personal relationships with God? Social media or u have one on one relationship with each of them? When making references use what u know and stop going by popular opinions. I believe u are no longer a child
i just made a point and it’s very clear in my use of references

Die hard Christian push harder dan normal
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Kay25(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
I am a christian but I don't support stupidity..take your drugs and get well wisdom is profitable to direct use wisdom rather than one fasting that is injuring your health..If you die now and get to heaven God will still blames your for being foolish use your sense
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by hustla(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
Stupid question smh
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Johncuppa(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:
it is
If it is dry fasting, the sickness is a normal thing. It will still happen like that any other time you start. It's always happen the night of the first day to the night of the second day and disappear the following morning.

So, if it about sickness, nothing will happen but you are not supposed to die because of fasting if your strength cannot contain it.
You can always fast other time, but life you see is just one o.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by makydebbie(f): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
Christians are suffering oo

1 Like

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by thuxzwda1: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Village people..... cool
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Ingredient88(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday
... please don't take drugs into an empty stomach and then thank God the fasting will be ending today, you can now take the drugs, start from this evening, don't die outof ignorance and make sure that you completed that fasting and prayer because you might not tell the reason behind it.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by eazykiel45: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
why fast when u are not feeling too well? Fasting is just a commitment to yourself and to God. Just forget abt fasting for the time being. Seek more knowledge where possible on what fasting really means, take good care of yourself and don't wallow in suffering and negligence... I pray u recover speedily....

1 Like

Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Akharmony: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
wisdom is profitable to guide. He Amighty has creates plants for food and also herbs for the use of men. No amount of spirituality will just make food appear in your belly/ stomach. Man must eat, must use drugs when need arises but when all things fail then ww turn to him the creator. You are fasting and feeling sick @ the same time, take a break glorify God, eat, take medication and keep enging ur spirit man in praying.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by igbowoman: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

You are a victim of religious rituals.
You will soon die in your ignorance.
The god that requires you to scourge and punish yourself before he can hear you is not the almighty God.
Be free today!!
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by skedy1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Seriously??

Kaii...our level of insanity in this country, all in the of religion needs to be checked.

Go get yourself treated please, don't do this to yourself!
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by eazykiel45: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Again, a fasting is relevant, only when you are in a proper state of being i.e when your body is strong and active, because in the course of fasting the flesh will have no desire to continue, bt the spirit will energize you...
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Segzy19: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nice comment
Baawaa:
Don't kill yourself
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by JuanDeDios: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
tomilayomi:
Many of us think its only when we deprived ourselves of food that's when God knows we are fasting. Fasting is a strong communion with God in spirit.

You can eat and still fast, E deep right? That's why some people will say there is white fasting where you are allowed to eat some certain kind of foods during fasting (fruits, water etc).

What matters is your closeness to your maker. wink
I like that one. smiley
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by HIbreed(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Exmilitant:
The question should be for those who prescribed fasting and praying for you.
grin
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Ochelyko1: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

How can u be sick and u are still fasting? Do u want to die? Or u think u are doing God a favour by fasting? My friend go and eat and take ur drugs before something happened to u, God nor go happy with u at all
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Igbojihadist: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
LivingTribunal:
You already fucckked up your fasting by asking this on Nairaland
may God forgive me
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by biggie73(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
....Jesus said give to Ceasars what is Ceasars, and to God what is God. You can continue your fasting when you recover. May God grant your prayers.
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by BeardGangJnr1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Religion and foolishness
5&6
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by thinkmoney(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday
U are not a Christian. Fasting is voluntary and shouldn't be to the detriment of your health, hence you will be disregarding the gift God gave u-life
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Stjims: 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

Fasting is not a must. If you don't know many people have died as a result of fasting. While some develop various degree of illness.
-Fasting is for those without health challenges and who can afford it.
-Fasting is beyond staying hungry, your thought can render your fasting useless.
NOTE: God answers prayer without fasting.
How many times do Jesus fast in the bible?
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by Isaactroy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gullah:
Oga suspend that fasting and treat yourself. You can always continue with your fast when you are OK. You can as well pray over whatever situation you are facing without fasting because of the condition you are in. God knows about the situation you are in and he will grant you the desires of your heart if it's not contrary to his will.
This is very clear, nice one
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by KayCee92(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Telling us and the whole world that u are fasting has ruined the fast, please better go take Ur drugs. grin
Re: I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? by perezeghi: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Igbojihadist:

PLS I NEED ADVICE

Una happy sunday

What is the illness that you were given medication for and were you doing total dry fasting or what manner of fasting were you doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / Abortion: Don't Turn Murderer For A Man, Hand Over The Baby To Him Let Him Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.