Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari (45126 Views)

Nicholas Tofowomo: We Should Have Removed Buhari Two Years Ago / The Moment Gowon Received The News Of The Coup That Overthrew Him In OAU / 1985 Coup: Mistakes That Led To Overthrow Of President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by achinu(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
MKO Abiola was a coup financier..

He benefited immensely financially under military rule, he received contracts running into hundreds of millions of dollars and thought his closeness to the khaki boys would eventually pave a path for him becoming president of Nigeria one day, which was a total miscalculation on his part.

Abiola enjoyed long term patronage from the past military regimes in Nigeria. He was very close friends with IBB and was part of the establishment which ended up consuming him.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by adekolaelect(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
yorubarere:

These are normal things to do in governance. Don't be too blind to your own rights. Public servants are there to serve not to lord it. But blind followership given to these people by you guys made them to appear as Demi gods who sees themselves doing you favor by opening common public tap.

Emancipate yourself from mental servitude.
oga leave your stupid theories and ask obasanjo why he withheld local government in Lagos State,why he sponsored the removal of Fayose in Ekiti and the rest.yoir too much hatred for someone will blind you of any good thing from his side.

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by Agugbadin: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Leaking mouth has spoken again.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by yorubarere: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sunday2021:
cow is their business. So an igbo man is free to move to maiduguri but his spare parts is not allowed abi?
The constitution said movement and do business anywhere he choses. Cattle rearing is their business. Igbos travel to every part of the country to do business, likewise the fulanis.
How is spare part business same as cow business? Igbo rent shops, pay taxes and doesn't destroy other people business with their spare parts unlike herdsmen destroying farms.

I am trying to engage you in a logical way before u start insulting. No one is going against cow business. Ranch your cows anywhere in the country, buy lands or rent and pay your taxes. That is not asking for too much.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by theforemost: 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
This guy is hungry again.
Give him food and he'll dance .even if u ask him to NAKED himself
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by oaugraduate1234(m): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
richmond500:
u think Wike would have done the same thing if he was the president?

Did Douye Diri, the governor of Bayelsa state gave back the money to that councillor who fixed bridge with her own allowance.
Nobody tell Wike to fix federal road and he wasn't even expecting to be repaid but PMB paid it back.
How many past presidents has initiated programmes to favour the youths just like PMB is doing? Abeg the man deh try, appreciate something for once

He should tackle the case of the insecurity. All these points are not enough to say he's doing well.

He should take the security of lives and Properties as serious as his family
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by Sunday2021: 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
yorubarere:

How is spare part business same as cow business? Igbo rent shops, pay taxes and doesn't destroy other people business with their spare parts unlike herdsmen destroying farms.

I am trying to engage you in a logical way before u start insulting. No one is going against cow business. Ranch your cows anywhere in the country, buy lands or rent and pay your taxes. That is not asking for too much.
unfortunately, the constitution did not say so. The constitution says; you are free to go anywhere and do your business. The constitution did not say you must rent house. You are free to do business anywhere within the country!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by Sunday2021: 11:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Still doesn't answer d simple question:

Y is Dasuki still in custody despite several court orders that he be released?
Dasuki is not in custody. Dasuki is on bail. I told you always ask questions before disgracing yourself.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by lexy2014: 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sunday2021:
Dasuki is not in custody. Dasuki is on bail. I told you always ask questions before disgracing yourself.

Pls, what is this below? Is it a question or a statement?:

"Y is Dasuki still in custody despite several court orders that he be released?"

So u don't recognize a question when u see one? Isn't that disgraceful?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by calcal: 12:03am On Jun 14, 2021
ITT = International thief thief, Abiola and Obasanjo, international thief thief. how person go fit clean this AKA ITT
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by yusluvad(m): 4:43am On Jun 14, 2021
The northerners are ballers in this game for a very longtime...
mrvitalis:
Not only that he financed abacha to over throw his brother shonikon or whatever his name is hoping he would then hand over to him ...north still played them again
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by DonroxyII: 4:52am On Jun 14, 2021
Sterope:
Exactly why I don't understand the big deal about Abiola or June 12.

He probably might have been a good administrator but forgive me I can't trust a man with multiple wives, mistresses and children.
That's correct ! If you can't manage your personal life better, you can't manage public fund and public better ....

I'm a Yoruba but I don't have fuse on Abiola ... When I was a kid in the 90s of course my environment always sing Abiola's glory as the best president Nigerians were denied by Abacha and Babangida but when I became political savvy and read history ....

I was able to fathom Nigeria would have been another conquered business centre by Abiola same way Tinubu is doing Presently nothing much commensurate with the level of revenue ... just hype , hype and more hype !!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by olmoRoc: 6:50am On Jun 14, 2021
Yes, he did, and it was no secret. A man overthrew the democratic government promising heaven on earth. However, shortly after the coup, it became obvious his administration was from hell.

Suddenly, pipe born water became a luxury, darkness became the order of the day, imported rice hmm!, milk, and other necessities hmm!, yawa for Kingsway and Leventis, Bata started selling paper shoes, parents started singing operation tighten your stomach to their kids because garri which used to be exclusive in poor households, became the number one meal in most households, and it's price shot up. What about school fees? But we were never at home due to a strike when we weren't paying school fees.

buhari is a destroyer. Well, MKO no dey again.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by meedoLock(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2021
Lies from the pit of hell...
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by yorubarere: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2021
Sunday2021:
unfortunately, the constitution did not say so. The constitution says; you are free to go anywhere and do your business. The constitution did not say you must rent house. You are free to do business anywhere within the country!
Constitution says Nigerians can move anywhere not cows! Bring another argument.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by chachanga: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I agree with this man.

Abiola was part of the elite and during one lecture Dangote did in Harvard university, he said, all the elites were involved in sponsoring coups in Nigeria.

The same abiola who they call a hero also benefited from babaginda and past military government, all the contracts he got, how do you think he got it?

From most of the comments, one sees that the sad and seemingly unending Nigerian imbroglio has succeeded in spawning a present generation that cannot reason analytically but only rant emotionally while wallowing in their problems.

Was Abiola or any of our other key powerbrokers sinless saints? They fall to see that all through the writing of the history of this country, the hands of the elites have always held the pens while the masses run the danger of having their fortunes written or scrubbed off so easily by the same men they deify.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by Gamesmart: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Still doesn't answer d simple question:

Y is Dasuki still in custody despite several court orders that he be released?

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: MKO Abiola Funded 1985 Coup That Removed Buhari by 9jaRealist: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2021
>
If you ride on the back of a Tiger…
Do not be surprised if you end up inside its stomach!

>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures From Tinubu's Meeting With APC Governors In Abuja / IGP Confirms Forgery Of Senate Rules, Says Saraki, Ekeremadu Have No Immunity / DSP Victoria David's ₦1M Samsung Phone, Luxury Watch Got People Talking (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.