Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Can You Marry More Than One Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry More Than One Wife? (1210 Views)

What Makes A Man Marry More Than 1 Wife? / Women, Can You Marry More Than One Husband? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by akins4(m): 6:38am On Jul 14, 2007
unlike some of our today's aldult who love a polygamus home so much. at the end, the realise that they are digging their grave but its too late to make amend.
i belive there is no peace in all polygamus home.
i call it "death by women"
what do u think?
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by CrazyMan(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2007
Yea i agree with you there is no peace in polygamus home.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by sammy6(m): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2007
Believe me its better to have one wife and a hundred concubines than to have 2 wives.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

like an uncle usually says, a man who gets married to a second wife after the first wife, is signing his death warranty.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by akins4(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2007
believe me its better to have one wife and a hundred concubines than to have 2 wives.
na true talk o.
but one of my friend no go hear word; he  told me he cannot marry one wife.
but i kept on wondering why they call women weaker vesels; but two women can use their mouth to destroy a household.
even if women na free 3pairs for 5 naira, i no fit marry 2. cheesy cheesy wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by Rlst84sale(m): 1:21am On Apr 04, 2008
Nope
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by dejiavu(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2008
i don't see reason for having two wives, so far the first can bear childrennnnnnnnn

ME ONE IS OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by bigfather(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2008
The one wey i get, i never manage am finish. ONE WIFE, ONE WAHALA !
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by bluehorizo(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2008
You are digging your own grave. Run!
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by micklplus(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2008
One me ! One wife and one US ( Me and my wife )

cheers
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by shakespere: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
ELDORADO, Texas: More than 400 children, mostly girls, have been swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what the authorities described as the largest child welfare operation in Texas history.

The raid last week on the sprawling compound built by Warren Jeffs, a now-jailed polygamist leader, was sparked by a call from a 16-year-old girl who said that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.

Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.

State troopers were holding an unknown number of men in the compound until investigators finished executing a house-to-house search of the 1,700-acre, or 690-hectare, property, which includes a medical facility, a cheese-making plant, a cement plant, a school, numerous large housing units and an 80-foot, or 24-meter, white limestone temple that rises discordantly out of the brown scrub.

"In my opinion, this is the largest endeavor we've ever been involved in in the state of Texas," said Marleigh Meisner, a Children's Protective Services spokeswoman, who said the agency was also involved in the 1993 siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco.

Today in Americas

State oil industry's future sets off tussle in Mexico

Lobby for Colombia trade pact casts a wide net

Obama's young backers twist parents' arms
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, headed by Jeffs since his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.

The members of the sect at the Texas compound spent their days raising numerous children, tilling small gardens and doing chores. But at least one former resident says life was not some idyllic replica of 19th-century life.

"Once you go into the compound, you don't ever leave it," said Carolyn Jessop, one of the wives of the alleged leader of the Eldorado complex. Jessop left with her eight children before part of the sect moved to Texas.

Jessop said the community emphasized self-sufficiency because they believed the apocalypse was near.

The women were not allowed to wear red - the color Jeffs said belonged to Jesus - and were not allowed to cut their hair. They were kept isolated from the outside world.

They "were born into this," said Jessop, 40. "They have no concept of mainstream society, and their mothers were born into and have no concept of mainstream culture. Their grandmothers were born into it."

Tela Mange, a spokeswoman for the State Department of Public Safety, said the criminal investigation was still under way and that charges would be filed if investigators determined children had been abused.

Still uncertain was the location of the girl whose call initiated the raid. She allegedly had a child at 15, and the authorities were looking for documents, family photos or even a family Bible with lists of marriages and children that might demonstrate that the girl was married to Dale Barlow, 50.

Under Texas law, girls younger than 16 cannot marry, even with parental approval.

Attorneys for the church and church leaders said Barlow was in Colorado City, Arizona, and had had contact with law enforcement officials there. Telephone messages left for Colorado City authorities were not immediately returned Monday.

Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while on probation.

The sect is concentrated along the Arizona-Utah border, but several enclaves have been built elsewhere, including in Texas.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by hisgrace2: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2008
Can you fok more than one women ant the same time? - if yes, then your question is answered - bent di ck man.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by Maykelly(f): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
If only you can share equal love to all of them i.e treatment shall be the same including sleeping with them all; as a matter of fact "there shall be no Bed Denial to all of them".

If love would not be equal; then I sugest you marry only one and sleep with only one wife.
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by DaJunta(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2008
[size=20pt]NO!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by bawomolo(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2008
Can you fok more than one women ant the same time? - if yes, then your question is answered - bent di ck man.

why are u obsessed with the male Instruments. are u trying to tell us something??
Re: Can You Marry More Than One Wife? by kingkams(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

like an uncle usually says, a man who gets married to a second wife after the first wife, is signing his death warranty.

Is it better for a man to maintain a monogamous family and still cheat and play around or for him to have more than one wife?

Cos for me, together with all the problems that come with it, having more than one wife is better than having one wife and other 'adhoc' wives, concubines and mistresses. Think of it, a bad legality is better than a good illegality.

(1) (Reply)

Breakin Up Tactis / Love Poems! / Inspired By Pataki's When Is "cheating" Cheating! Have You Ever:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.