Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52079 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Tohsynetita1: 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
PrinceGallant:
I was just chuckling ruefully as I was reading the post, we have found ourselves in a disheartening situations. But more pathetic is that we are also working for more disheartening conditions.

Let me ask you a question, if you are a baker and your bakery produced some loaves of bread on Monday but were not bought. You produced on Tuesday, no buyers. You produced on Wednesday, yet nobody priced it let alone buying it. You produced on Thursday, it was all the same. Would it not be wise for you to close your bakery when all the produced loaves are just rotting away? That your bakery is Nigerian tertiary institutions of learning.

Many graduates of a decadeare are there without job, roaming about streets, engaging in POS banking agencies, selling mobile data on WhatsApp as if that was their course of studies in universities or polytechnics. Yet our schools continue to churn out graduates every year in a country where there are few companies to absolve them.

We have 43 federal universities, 48 state universities, 79 private universities. In addition to these 170 universities we have over 130 polytechnics (Fed/State/Private). Imagine all these over 300 institutions churning out 5,000 graduates every year, every year...

Please let them close the bakery, let us channel our resources (flour, yeast, sugar, etc) to producing what is needed. Let our youth go to skill acquisition and stop chasing shadows
if you tell them right from starting Higher institution, they will say 'you are an enemy of progress'.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ovis1302(m): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
I have a friend who studied civil engineering, but not gainfully employed at the moment.
He can deliver when it comes to project supervision.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by sageb: 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Rivers

where in Rivers State are you in port Harcourt
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ShawnT(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
No, it's only in the NAF
sageb:

do you have any link in Navy
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Obidikejr(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
Building Tech. 3 years on site experience. Currently out of contract since last year August.
This is my email.
paulsonbarrypaul@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Missyajoke(f): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
jalodo2:
The bogus stories comes first ( the usual trend). You are doing 15k job,with all u describef? Them tie u? Even thiose women washing clothes for people in different households makes up to 20k daily. Menial jobs self no pay pass that? I believe u are exaggerating for pity biko. As usual u don prepare d moniker down for this. With ur 2:1 is teaching job not bether than what u described? True no job, people are suffering but this ur tory get as e be. U don take sugar spoil am cos u want people pity and probably.... raise 50k .... let me not conclude yet.

What nonsense are you saying haba are you sure you're a human being
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by abbey2812(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2021
iamademola:
abbeyjames2009t@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by hurryup123(m): 1:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Mustaphasaheed:

Sir I am not the writer but please I studied Agricultural Engineering with 2.1 can you please assistant me please.
Bruh please assistant him oooooooh ......
This aboki really needs a job.
2:1 my foot
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by InvertedHammer: 2:50am On Jun 27, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
/
Even keke riders/okada riders/artisans at work sites make more than that in a month. You are not applying yourself well. Out of desperation, you took a job reserved for Primary School dropouts. The physical aspect of the job is nothing compared to the psychological trauma you will be going through.

/
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by horke(m): 3:23am On Jun 27, 2021
iamademola:

My name is Peter, studied civil engineering, pls help. my email is. peteroke4@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Twista88(m): 4:57am On Jun 27, 2021
iamademola:
my email sir is jerrymeek88@gmail.com .. I studied chemical engineering.. Thanks sir
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by femison32(m): 5:15am On Jun 27, 2021
I feel for you plight bro even post Covid 19 has made everything worse but if u can teach why not go for teaching than this or driving where are u residing I mean your state

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by femison32(m): 5:18am On Jun 27, 2021
iamademola:
femison32@gmail.com civil engineering
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by VTJN(m): 5:38am On Jun 27, 2021
awulio:
Dm me I might hv a side job for you. Doesn’t pay that well but will help u save some money
please do you mind helping me with any side job?

I'm also in the same predicament with the Op, came out top of my class. Still looking out for jobs

Honestly speaking brokenness had really taken a toll on me. It's not been easy!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by VictorUSA(m): 5:45am On Jun 27, 2021
You're intelligent, why cant you just apply to teach? Some private schools pay graduates over N20,000 per months. DM me for more advice.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ekg911(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2021
jericco1:
My brother if you have a good phone try doing surveys.

There is cashcamel, zipper and even zap survey with a good IP you can make 20k a week.

Thank me later.
pls. Can u teach how to go about those site, I'm interested, here is my WhatsApp zero815337662five
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jericco1(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2021
blueprint22:

Baba abeg teach me .... embarassed

PM
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by grandstar(m): 7:38am On Jun 27, 2021
SpringofLife

Oga,
I'm glad you're a hard worker and want to put food on the table.

Working hard is good but working smart is better.

You're wasting your time working as a laundry man in a hotel because of no job. Let me give you a better option.

I used to work part time as an admin manager for a private security company. Many guards don't touch their salaries. They leave off tips.

As a private security operative in a hotel, you should be able to make up to 5k a day with your 2:1 and polished English and humility. . A guest can dash you 1k to wash his car. Another can give you 500 to run a small errand. If they're leaving, they can dash you 1k. The fact you are a graduate will impress them.

Private security is very easy to get along with good location such as hotel or fast food.

First find out which security outfit handles a certain company. Let's say Mr Biggs uses Finest Guards. Go to Finest Guards office and submit your application. They are always accepting new applicants as staff turnover is high. They may request you come for training. Some don't care about training grin grin

After training, they post you to a location. To get good location, make friends with a co-ordinator or the Head of Operations. Tell them you need fine location. Tip them. Promise them you'll treat them well once you're there.

Once they give you a good spot, don't mess up. Do your duty well and never forget to Roger the bosses that gave you the post and your hold there is secure.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by grandstar(m): 7:46am On Jun 27, 2021
SpringofLife:

Please I'm really interested in the online content writing. Help me with any link if you have please. I believe I can do that very well. Thank you.

Go to Fiverr.com or upwork.com for content writing or transcribing.

First, I would advise you to check Fiverr Training threads in the Business section on NL
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by expressglory: 7:49am On Jun 27, 2021
You can arrest poverty by getting involved in freelancing...just learn this greyhat methods of writing..go ahead to "fiverr" and "people per hour" to register and offer to start writing articles and blogposts for people.
1.To learn the greyhat skills..study these two videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhCridL7Ig (Translation Technique)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3MT0IxkjM (Paraphrasing Method)

2. Go to my newest blog regularlifehack.com and download a book I wrote on Fiverr. Study it and you are good to go.
If you have any questions.. message my WhatsApp..zero eight zero three three eight two nine three seven six. GOOD LUCK!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by johnHerba(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by johnHerba(m): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2021
grandstar:

Go to Fiverr.com or upwork.com for content writing or transcribing.

First, I would advise you to check Fiverr Training threads in the Business section on NL

Does this still work for Nigerians??
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by grandstar(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2021
IJEYdiamond:

Does this still work for Nigerians??

Yes, 1,000%
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Take responsibility for your destiny, stop crying like a baby, many people who you see that are wealthy were once in your shoes.
Stop this entitled mentality, just because you got 2.1, so what? No be sorting una do?
If 2.1 is a sign of intelligence, you shouldn't be jobless and poor.
Stop whinning and do something about your situation.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2021
sageb:

where in Rivers State
are you in port Harcourt

Yes
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021
hurryup123:
Bruh please assistant him oooooooh ......
This aboki really needs a job.
2:1 my foot

grin grin grin grin grin

We are all hustling. We'll make it someday
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by gudugudumeje: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2021
PLS. call me on 08055470825 - for counseling on earning good livelihood.... A graduate shd not be dat you stated here..
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Israel07: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Semaj77(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

Just a correction here , you're are being paid your full salary ( 15000 ) and not half , the only issue is it comes at the end of the next month. You can only say you're getting half of your salary if you are being paid once in every 2 months , this is however a very poor salary ( 7500 or 15000 ).
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Abbey2sam(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
me that i hate washing sef
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Jossy07(m): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
iamademola:
I studied civil engineering . lives in Abuja. Your kind assistance will be appreciated. Thanks. My email; Jossy07bamidele@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.