Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52053 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by DreamAmerican: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

You write too well for this kind of messy job.

What did you study? How old are you? Where do you stay?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by drealcivilceno(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ever8090:
Doing menial jobs at construction sites will fetch you more money and you will definitely be free from this disgusting stuffs i just read here..if you happen to get a site that will last for a month or two, you will make more than the 50k you are looking for..

No try am ooh!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Notifydamdam: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Notifydamdam: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

Studied Chemical Engineering.
Would appreciate any assistance.
Notifydamdam@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by PrinceGallant: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
I was just chuckling ruefully as I was reading the post, we have found ourselves in a disheartening situations. But more pathetic is that we are also working for more disheartening conditions.

Let me ask you a question, if you are a baker and your bakery produced some loaves of bread on Monday but were not bought. You produced on Tuesday, no buyers. You produced on Wednesday, yet nobody priced it let alone buying it. You produced on Thursday, it was all the same. Would it not be wise for you to close your bakery when all the produced loaves are just rotting away? That your bakery is Nigerian tertiary institutions of learning.

Many graduates of a decadeare are there without job, roaming about streets, engaging in POS banking agencies, selling mobile data on WhatsApp as if that was their course of studies in universities or polytechnics. Yet our schools continue to churn out graduates every year in a country where there are few companies to absolve them.

We have 43 federal universities, 48 state universities, 79 private universities. In addition to these 170 universities we have over 130 polytechnics (Fed/State/Private). Imagine all these over 300 institutions churning out 5,000 graduates every year, every year...

Please let them close the bakery, let us channel our resources (flour, yeast, sugar, etc) to producing what is needed. Let our youth go to skill acquisition and stop chasing shadows

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by DreamAmerican: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
ThaThinka:
As bad as this country appears to be, I almost found this hard to believe. Things happen and can be saddening.

Keep moving on, soldier! This phase shall pass.

I see you write well. Why don't you give online content writing a try? It might not make you rich, but you may be able to get something better than you currently earn. A secret: that's contributed greatly to my not worrying so much about lack of a job all these years.

As someone suggested above, you may also try working as a teacher. You will at least have more time to do other things or earn extra doing tutorials.

I have been considering writing. Kindly drop your email so I can reach out. Thank you.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Orente21(f): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
hstar:

wink thank you

U did not even add,
Jamming pupils like Buhari whom you'll teach with all your efforts and at the end of the day, they won't understand 'pim'

And their non understanding of what you are teaching them would discredit your efforts from parents and school authority as well
Sometimes they want us to do miracle for those children, but we teachers are atorise( destiny shapers). We r like UCH (fed. Hospital ibadan) whereby all dead cases are brought to us and we need to revive them. But all in all. It's a noble profession. In other words, pls I need a job ooo. I can see pm with your CV all over the thread for the op. Help a teasha oo.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Harlarty01: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
If you are staying around ibeju lekki axix you can send your resuming to harlarty2012@gmail.com .
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
Omanze:

I have decided to take you serious because you remembered God in this post (even though by questioning).

You should have it in your mind that God allows us learn the lessons of life the hard way as preparing humans for greater and better task in life.

Know it also, that experts have asserted that when a man becomes angry with his situation, then there is hope for him. The anger I perceive in your post here is meant to bring out the best in you.

I will like to work on you to bring that best out of you.

Try reaching me now, so I may move on with you.

Quote my reply here. Then I will take it from there

Greetings

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Touchfarm: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
SOLUTION:

Please quit that job ASAP.

There are a million and on ways to make money and survive easily in nigeria with little or no capital.

Put shame and pride aside, go out there and sell cold pure water at a major bus stop, save from your profit and move to the next level.

I started this way and I can tell you my personal business fetch me more than 500k presently
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Omanze: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Greetings

Good.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by SpringofLife: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Can you work online

Very well please.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Strategical: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sorry about your situation but I guess your write up here also point to one of the problems you may have had in getting a better job. I expected that you would have used the opportunity to showcase yourself, what skills you have, your course of study etc so that any of the potential readers of your post may consider giving you a helping hand.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rickyboss333: 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
I studied Civil Engineering, graduated 2011, second class upper, no job
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rickyboss333: 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
I studied Civil Engineering, graduated 2011, second class upper, no job
(erique333@gmail.com)
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Emmhychidi(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Thank God you refrained from concluding yet. And of course, nobody ties me to the job but reading through it, you should understand I'm very far from happiness seeing myself where I am. Comprehensibly, the post is actually not aimed at generating the 50k as mentioned but rather a better employment opportunity. As for the teaching job, schools were among the places I applied but never got the job. Thank you for your concern.

But how would u graduate with 2:1 and not get a teaching job... There is something wrong... Don't u have family members... Don't u have village people...
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Henryfour(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please dm , or better still, if u r in Lagos,ogun, Benin city I v dis job I'm doing in lagos.its a sales job with omnibiz Africa retail. It's an online Indomie sales.dey need workers. U can wrk from ur location n mk up to 129k per month.fill dis form n submit, if dey select u ,u wil begin to make money.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdP22NxWkpFRwS1VR_nAsplqkzMeYwcLJgyj-uHcqhPCmolXw/viewform
Use others: okereke uchechukwu as ur referral, den submit
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Koolyarn: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

To say that I don't feel somewhat sad is to state the contrary.
All I can say is stay strong, my prayer is that you make it.
I am believing strongly that your light has come and the glory of God will be seen

Isaiah 60:1

For the underguate here are some nuggets that has help me land a job not long after NYSC

1. During my undergraduate session, I worked on skillset and degree. I am working at a place with my skillset not my certificates. My certificates gave the public the education Al visibility. Seriously I developed myself in computer hardware and read a science course hoping to be a lecturer. But now the combination gave me a way in the telecom sector

2. Go for certification. It is an added advantage over the competition. There are beginners level certification that can give you a leverage over others.

3. Join an association. Visit local websites that can help you decide on your career.

4. Be career minded and not job limited. Set your self on self development.

5. Do a lot of networking. Create whataps group to keep in touch. A friend rejected a job and duly informed me cos he had anoda job presentation. That was my first job.

7. Be creative. It help establish and pay bills while waiting for your big break through.

8. PRAy! PRAY !! PRAy!!! Be in a covenant relationship ,it Keeps you connected to the Almighty who has more than the longest leg and see the big picture and lead you to breKthru

4 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by wearsandtrends1: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
aycapri:
you buy or sell?
for sell
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by sammyscholar(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
Hello. Send me a DM.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Bassmetrics: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
@Ipringoflife
Your story is touching buh u have to be strong and face reality.
Sorry to say this, u are even lucky to have parents who can afford to train u. In my case, I did all by mysef. I am d last child but i struggled like d first. Am bright academically, I just love sch. So, despite d fact dat dia was no money, I was driven by passion. I did some odd jobs so as to get educated. I hawked, and later ended up a motorcycle operator. With d latter, I was able to train myself in one popular university. B4 my graduation, I lost my only brother. Family responsibility fell on me real big, wasnt easy but thank God I latergraduated with 2:1 despite all. I left sch in 2014, served 2015; job hunted to no avail. The ones I got then had paltry pay with unimaginable job description. I cud have taken them up since I had no option buh I didn't cos I got an advantage: 'street orientation'. I prefer wearing rags doing an odd job dat I gather up to like 60k a month to putting on a suit to a work dat will pay me 25k monthly. With dat mentality, I placed my certificates and grammar one side, returned to d street with my bike; made few cash and joined biz. Who tie with peanut salary epp? I also did data analysis jobs on freelancing basis. Guy, there is cool money in it. I already knew how to handle few statistical packages like spss, excel,Eview,stata. So i trained my client offline and online (dis nairaland helped me too). Like i said i gathered d money i got from all my hustle and headed for biz and it paid off. D family responsibility lessened, and today am even training nephew and niece,was able to put up a structure and landed property.Things i never imagined in doz job hunting days. Now with my certificates, if i see good job, fine. If I no see, I will still be fine. I never put all my eggs in one basket.

So be strong,be courageous and always remember u are not d only one who has passed or passing thru dat rough road! It will surely get better!

9 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by MrPaul2: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
jalodo2:
The bogus stories comes first ( the usual trend). You are doing 15k job,with all u describef? Them tie u? Even thiose women washing clothes for people in different households makes up to 20k daily. Menial jobs self no pay pass that? I believe u are exaggerating for pity biko. As usual u don prepare d moniker down for this. With ur 2:1 is teaching job not bether than what u described? True no job, people are suffering but this ur tory get as e be. U don take sugar spoil am cos u want people pity and probably.... raise 50k .... let me not conclude yet.
He might not be exaggerating ooo, some graduates are going through a lot. Not everyone can teach you know, especially those that was enjoying the comfort of a certain ministry during NYSC
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Harlarty01: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Do you stay around ibeju lekki area, if yes send your CV TO hseamosglobalresources@gmail.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ogwuche4u(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stevenbright:

If you can teach, resign from the hotel, take up a teaching job. While on the teaching job, look out for pupils or students whose parents need home lesson for and get like two or more so that the lesson payment added to your monthly teaching salary will make it worthwhile. Save up and then start something for yourself.

God bless you for this brilliant comment. Op should take this advice.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by NickD(m): 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
In all your write up, you never mentioned your course of study and secondly did you try applying to secondary school for teaching jobs?
SpringofLife:

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Flairoqy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Trade broski, you win some you lose some, if you’re not sure, send me an email I have a working strategy.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Graduated for over 6 years now, na jamo jamo o, at least e better pass crime. Na God go help we the graduates for Nigeria
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by IhateMyDad: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
I'm currently partnering with a global job agency that grants employment to any field that pops up, either in firms, individuals or government(esp) offices

As long as you have the skills, qualifications ain't much

Recently gave out a security job paying 40k

If you have any skill or interested
Pm me
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by deavicky(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

just one question for u, what did u study?.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kaysalas(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it
first time. It's Oh God! . I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate.

You shall testify very soon, by the grace of God
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kaysalas(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
ThaThinka:
As bad as this country appears to be, I almost found this hard to believe. Things happen and can be saddening.

Keep moving on, soldier! This phase shall pass.

I see you write well. Why don't you give online content writing a try? It might not make you rich, but you may be able to get something better than you currently earn. A secret: that's contributed greatly to my not worrying so much about lack of a job all these years.

As someone suggested above, you may also try working as a teacher. You will at least have more time to do other things or earn extra doing tutorials.
Are you teaching him for free? Or you still wan kollect, untop the guy story?? grin
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by joyousever(f): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Which State are you in?
SpringofLife:

Thank God you refrained from concluding yet. And of course, nobody ties me to the job but reading through it, you should understand I'm very far from happiness seeing myself where I am. Comprehensibly, the post is actually not aimed at generating the 50k as mentioned but rather a better employment opportunity. As for the teaching job, schools were among the places I applied but never got the job. Thank you for your concern.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mother Of 3 Rides Keke In Umuahia (Photos) / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.