Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52089 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Obsession4u: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
It's well brother.
Where's your state?

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nuelito: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Local man is just speechless on top this matter

My people,if you need Original Pure Honey... kindly contact O81 O1 66 67 71 or the number on the picture below let's talk about it now
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by yusa1: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Skillsnigeria: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ayo2004: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nuelito:
Life itself is a lesson..we learn everyday
Which kin lesson be this
Is poverty or suffering a form of learning?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by lolu2019: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
I don't believe u
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BrazilaAirporta: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
OP the meanest truth is that, as a graduate we have to settle for the meanest jobs. No matter how demeaning Survivalit may be. Survival is not for the shy people. I myself is looking for a means to start a driving job

After being out of job and not doing so well since years after graduation, I decided to give driving a shot. At least to keep body and soul together. Op you can also give it a shot.

Although it's not the kind of job I wanted to settle down for because it doesn't aligne with my dreams and aspirations but man has to chop. I have been trying to raise money to at least be able to afford a driving school and also get a driver's license but I am unable to raise money for that. I even opened some post about it but got no response.

Me I will suggest you forget about getting a good job at the moment and focus on survival,then you can start aiming to get a good job.

4 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Sagax(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.

Where are you staying?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Orente21(f): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stevenbright:

If you can teach, resign from the hotel, take up a teaching job. While on the teaching job, look out for pupils or students whose parents need home lesson for and get like two or more so that the lesson payment added to your monthly teaching salary will make it worthwhile. Save up and then start something for yourself.
teaching is not easy. No everyone can write lesson notes, mark classwork, give assignment. Shout on top of ur voice and at the end of the day, parents hardly reward teachers

13 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by anselm791(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Udodiri01: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
What is your Course of study and location?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kubernetes: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stevenbright:

If you can teach, resign from the hotel, take up a teaching job. While on the teaching job, look out for pupils or students whose parents need home lesson for and get like two or more so that the lesson payment added to your monthly teaching salary will make it worthwhile. Save up and then start something for yourself.

Exactly. Infact, for a getting a second class upper division means he is hard working and can learn anything . Let him learn soft skills and earn various incomes on the Internet. The easiest one is to Start a channel on YouTube on a particular area that will earn him views.

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by berbs: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ever8090:
Doing menial jobs at construction sites will fetch you more money and you will definitely be free from this disgusting stuffs i just read here..if you happen to get a site that will last for a month or two, you will make more than the 50k you are looking for..

That is if he has muscular endurance and strenght. To wash cloth is different from being a mixer on site or labourer.

3 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
This OP is funny sha, but i won't derail your thread with long epistle though. Look how you boasting about 2.1 Degree, oga trash that paper and face the reality.

Kam gwa gi eziokwu eh, if you continue making reference to that cert. You will never make it.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
didnt you applied for npower?

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Macgyver1: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

Nonsoupwork1@gmail.com

biko
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by redsun(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why do you have to wash a bedspread with a grown man's poo? Don't you know that could give you an incurable disease.What happened to binning it and have better strategies in place for profiling guests? You have to start thinking and making contributions as a graduate. Maybe that could help you climb the ladder in your workplace fast.

4 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by merryossai(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
I believe your story has been sugarcoated to gain pity...which one is u are working for 2 months for a month pay? Let me correct u, even if your hotel pays around 26th of a month, it doesn't mean u are working 2 month, it implies that u receive ur salary of the previous month every 26th of the month. Hence, the only challenge with such payment system is that it's hard to resign without informing d management, because u have already worked about 2 month.

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by topoftheworld(m): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
What of elect elect sir

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by MarketDispatch: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it well.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by candidbabe(f): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
JESUS JESUS JESUS
What did I just read?
Father Lord behold your child.

5 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Calorie: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
It's this part of your story that caught my attention.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

If this is true, don't you think you're cheating yourself. If you can do this for peanut that's not even coming at the right time, why can't you do it for yourself while you get paid daily.

Our graduates should wake up and think outside the box. This thing you are complaining about is actually a business opportunity for you. You can even be selective in the type of clothes or bedsheet to watch. If you are going as far as watching bedsheets with poo, that becomes a premium service and you will need to charge differently.
Well, no need to tell much story. Let me allow others to comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by topoftheworld(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
rafikii:
Commit suicide.
This is not an advice now biko
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by idanone(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
I study surveying and geoinformatc (HND) and geology (Bsc)
olamilsreal@yahoo.com
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jlo247(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmm
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Amaechi2023(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
Oga read the 80/20 principle and resign from that job ASAP.
I can guarantee you hunger non fit kill you for sure.. your running on massive deficits.. except of course your get something as daily pay in your job otherwise my brother resign with full mind..
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Blessed3030(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamademola:
I will appreciate it if u can reach me via number at signature,I sent a mail though
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Nikeruka(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
i don tire for this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.