Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 (52077 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / 6 Reasons Why You Will End Up Even Poorer Than Your Parents / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Olumayor1996: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
onimayowa388@gmail.com
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rafikii: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
jeff1607:

Kids will always be kids

You could join him, helpful tips for any of you that doesn't know how to: buy a card of indocide and pop it like a drug crazed adult, adult.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rafikii: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
ehix89:
For real?, you're the most unreasonable person there is and will ever be, fvcktard retard.

Na only advice I give am, shey all this your insults will change his miserable condition.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rafikii: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
nwajesus12:
psychopath

Twale!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by rafikii: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
topoftheworld:

This is not an advice now biko

This is not an advice, it's the truth of life. We are only alive so that one day we would die, why suffer the cause of a miserable facade of a life instead of giving in to the true reasons of living... death!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by crazyABO(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
wearsandtrends1:
I really hate to say this but i can relate...

I blew 10k jus this week and i am on a 20k salary

Back to square 1

Things are really hard my guy.

But once theres life theres hope

Abeg Nairalanders help my ministry i Buy customized wrist candy and other men accessories

Whatsapp 090.75986514
wah state you at?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by IhateMyDad: 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Orente21:
Can I Pm you Sir?

Ok
WhatsApp only
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by jeff1607(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
rafikii:

You could join him, helpful tips for any of you that doesn't know how to: buy a card of indocide and pop it like a drug crazed adult, adult.

See jambite wey de talk,

Scuttle now, go to play with sand

You won’t be afforded the luxury of a response
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by uthlaw: 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
jericco1:

PM
bro abeg teach me.... my WhatsApp number 07039397858
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by egbej: 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
My advise for you is that university degree gives you knowledge on a particular study/subject.If you are able to find a job then you can now develop a skill within that profession.Since you are not able to find a job.You need to develop your self and understand how creating assets or money works.You don't need a downgrading job like that to survive.
1 you need to look for people who are more successful and learn a thing from them.Personally i will advise you to get a good phone,laptop and internet connection for a start.Try to look for a business and venture into
2,you can look for some estate agents,talk to them that you want to help them sell their homes,rental or lease.Take pictures and distribute on social media,FB,Instagram,Whatsapp.When you get a buyer take the buyer to them,you get some commission
3,You can also go to car dealers and do same thing,before you now it you are already a sales agent.To be rich you have to sell something
4,You can humble yourself go to computer vilage,if you are in Lagos,learn computer repair,phone repairs and start a business repairing phones,software etc.I assure you in the next 1 year you will be earning min of #5m in a year
Stop looking for demeaning jobs and develop your self

2 Likes

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ezegbe: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
It is pitiable situation really. With what the president Said recently about jobs in Nigeria,I think you should think differently .
In my opinion,you may need to learn a highly valued skill and start freelancing. You could do Affilate marketing or even learn any other skill of high demand and open up opportunities for yourself. Certificates in Naija now has no good value for securing jobs. As for affiliate marketing I can show you how. That's what I am into. My WhatsApp contact is https:///message/U36RNXJZW4LSI1
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ehix89(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
rafikii:

Na only advice I give am, shey all this your insults will change his miserable condition.
You for no even open your mouth waa like that.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by nwajesus12(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
rafikii:

Twale!
twale-ikpunnei
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by ThaThinka: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2021
BlueAir:
smiley What is online content writing about

It's mainly about writing content for online uses or writing for other people by connecting with them online. Please search for "online content writing" on Google.

MoneyMusthear:

I am good at content writing. Please, can you put me on the line? Thanks a lot m

Have you learned the basics of doing that online? If not, perhaps, you should first learn a little about that and send me a PM if any part is unclear.

In content writing, the most important requirement is being able to string together coherent, sensible sentences. You only need tips on how to become better from them on.

You may search "how to become an online content writer" or "how to become an online freelance writer" to learn more about this.

DreamAmerican:

I have been considering writing. Kindly drop your email so I can reach out. Thank you.

Sorry, I think the better approach would be for you to send me a PM via my profile. I can't leave my email address on a public forum. Thanks.

Please do as I suggested to someone above before reaching out to me on aspects that might be unclear. Regards!

Kaysalas:

Are you teaching him for free? Or you still wan kollect, untop the guy story?? grin

Baba, I don't do such things. That'll be wickedness!

By the way, neither he nor the other guy ever followed up.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BrazilaAirporta: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2021
My post was deleted and I was banned bybot from commenting on careers section. But the ban is over now
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kaysalas(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2021
ThaThinka:

Baba, I don't do such things. That'll be wickedness!

By the way, neither he nor the other guy ever followed up.
God bless and increase you more for your kind heart. Do have a nice week ahead

1 Like

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Ttorp(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2021
As a graduate, I don’t think such works should be the one you’d be doing.
There are lot of skills on the internet that you can learn and start making your money (huge) from the corner of your house.
Build yourself up with one of these skills and see your life getting changed for good.
For more information; you can contact me on 08140975767.

Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by computersoft: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
Bros why not save up little and open up your own luandry,l think that will b better for u.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kingmanny88(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kate06:

Ur location?
I'm based in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Kate06(m): 4:56am On Jun 29, 2021
Kingmanny88:

I'm based in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Okay, we can work together.

Talk to me on tel_gram @Alcon01
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by awulio(f): 4:35am On Jul 01, 2021
I own a virtual call center. Dm me. U will need to have access to a laptop, headphones and data during the hours of 8am to 4pm est time New York time.
VTJN:
please do you mind helping me with any side job?

I'm also in the same predicament with the Op, came out top of my class. Still looking out for jobs

Honestly speaking brokenness had really taken a toll on me. It's not been easy!
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Birkin: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2021
awulio:
I own a virtual call center. Dm me. U will need to have access to a laptop, headphones and data during the hours of 8am to 4pm est time New York time.
please can I Dm you too? I'm in the same situation as him
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by awulio(f): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2021
Okay cool
Birkin:
please can I Dm you too? I'm in the same situation as him
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by sorepco(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2021
The hotel will be owing him one month pay till he informs them he is leaving. Lets say writes to say he shall be leaving in December. If management is pleased with him then they pay him 2 months salary in December to offset the one month they have been owing him all this while!

merryossai:
I believe your story has been sugarcoated to gain pity...which one is u are working for 2 months for a month pay? Let me correct u, even if your hotel pays around 26th of a month, it doesn't mean u are working 2 month, it implies that u receive ur salary of the previous month every 26th of the month. Hence, the only challenge with such payment system is that it's hard to resign without informing d management, because u have already worked about 2 month.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Dujardin(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
OP needs to develop ability to think out of box.

We have seen people come on this app and type like nursery pupils. Your writing skill is more than above average, shows you already have a skill that needs little polishing and will fetch you far more while not touching poo. You also need to understand that hustling doesn't exclude graduates. Leave that job and go hustle at a job that guarantees you being on your own in the future.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Birkin: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
jericco1:
My brother if you have a good phone try doing surveys.

There is cashcamel, zipper and even zap survey with a good IP you can make 20k a week.

Thank me later.
Please can I Dm you on this?
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by BluntCrazeMan: 5:44am On Jul 03, 2021
SpringofLife:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but permit me to go ahead regardless.

How I end up washing people's poo as a graduate with 2:1.

Growing up, I used to admire graduates a lot especially the way they do things, conduct themselves and the rest. You see them living in a good house and in the morning, they dress up properly, go to work and return in the evening. Non-graduates of course used to jealous graduates a lot as it were. Fast forward to today, the table has sharply turned 360°. Now, graduates have not only been ridicule but reduced almost to nothing. Non-graduates who learnt one skill or the other are the ones kicking money bags to the bank.

Well, I finished university 3 years ago and couldn't find a job despite aggressive job hunting due to obvious reasons. Being the first in the family, the pressure was/is already much on me. The aged parents have tried within their powers thinking the best they could do for me was training me to acquire a university degree but in today's Nigeria, it's glaringly not enough.

Let me not bother you all with long story but I don't see myself continuing with this kind of life any longer because it's not what I envisaged.

According to the heading, I graduated with second class upper division which of course is a good grade considered very employable according to society standard and labour market. Despite this, I searched for job in every nook and cranny I could but to no avail. Everyday I have to eat food, rent expiring, bills piling up, parents looking up to me and younger ones who are already in school every now and then would call and ask for assistance and which I didn't have. Out of no option, I accepted an offer to work as a laundry man in a hotel for 15k/month. That's how I thought I have at least got something doing. Frankly speaking, I didn't have an in depth knowledge of the job description.

Obviously, this would be a long story but let try and shorten it. Do you know that I have drained so much from my body in the course of this work physically and health wise? Practically, I wash between15-25 bedsheets/duvets everyday as the hotel does not have washing machine....parked since it got spoilt. Consequently, my pams have developed thick skin which is now very tough, rough and scratchy.

However, the above might not just be my only anger. More annoying is that, some guests are so inhumane. Is it because you paid money to lodge in the place that's why you believe you have to do wickedness? Why I'm writing this is because of the very one that happened few days ago. Actually that wasn't the first time. It's been happening over and over before. Could you believe a guest used the hotel bedsheets and defecated on it, folded it and kept it and checked out. As a laundry man, of course it landed on me and I was the one who washed the poo off. Oh God! Like I said, that wasn't the first time although other ones only used the bedsheets to clean their buttocks (for whatever reasons because I believe tissue paper is always there) after defecating but this particular guest 'pooed' fully inside the bedsheets, folded it and dropped it for whoever to come carry it and wash. I'm not writing fiction here please. This is 100% real of what I'm going through in the supposed 15k/month job. How wicked? When toilet was there?

Moving forward, equally, I can't count the number of times I have washed menstrual blood from bedsheets. These men bring even women who are on menses to sleep with them and end up pouring menstrual blood all over the bedsheets and I would be the one to wash it. God why?

Most annoying of all is, the management pays salary on the 26th of the following month. How inhumane some people can be? In other words, I have to work 2 months to get 1 month salary or simply put, 15/2=7500. In reality, that is the salary I'm receiving as a graduate. When I picked up the job, my plan was to raise up to 50k within the shortest possible time and move to something else, but unfortunately, I don't even know what I'm doing now. I have been in the job for 6 months now with nothing to show for it. This is why I said I can't continue with the present condition. The situation is beyond the one people say 'hold unto it. At all at all, na him bad pass". This one is worst than "at all at all".

Before I end it, just a few questions. Dear Nigerians with good job, abeg where una dey see diz good job after graduation? Abeg where una dey see money do business after school? Where una dey see money chop food and live life? Me still dey very hungry as I'm typing this. Abeg na beg I beg una, make una put me on abeg. Make una be my God father/mother. I don taya for this life. I be una brother o. Help me and help the society by extension. Thank you.
That's Virginity Blood you always see..
Not Menstrual Blood..
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Enyman: 11:43am On Jul 03, 2021
Hi...please I'm interested in content writing
(Email: osas4paradise@yahoo.com)
LaCremy:
Springoflife go through my profile and contact me if you’re interested in writing.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by lovchalice(f): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2021
I do only home lessons can't come and allow a proportion to enslave me
My take home last month was 58k but will be 88this month cos I got a new lesson
Though it's not enough but I'm getting by
Stevenbright:

If you can teach, resign from the hotel, take up a teaching job. While on the teaching job, look out for pupils or students whose parents need home lesson for and get like two or more so that the lesson payment added to your monthly teaching salary will make it worthwhile. Save up and then start something for yourself.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Stevenbright(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2021
lovchalice:
I do only home lessons can't come and allow a proportion to enslave me
My take home last month was 58k but will be 88this month cos I got a new lesson
Though it's not enough but I'm getting by

Yes, you are right and doing well. But when one is just starting out, most parents wants to be sure the teacher have a good teaching experience which is understandable and some even ask to know where the person teaches. But over time, going solo on home lessons only, is the best thing to do as you can earn more with less work/stress.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by zinaunreal(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lord see graduates perishing in Nigeria.
Re: How I End Up Washing People's Poo As A Graduate With 2:1 by Cornerztone: 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
oluwolemichael07@gmail.com
iamademola:
If you studied anything related to civil engineering, building tech, or chemical engineering quote me with your email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.