Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,291 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) (46951 Views)

Thousands Sign Petition To Stop Jeff Bezos From Returning To Earth / Jeff Bezos: Flying Fox Mega Yacht Rumored To Be Owned By World's Richest Man / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
hemucology:
Nothing but stupidity grin grin angry grin grin grin
Same way a broke guy will think that you buying shawarma for 1k is stupidity.
He will see 100 naira meatpie as better
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Europeans, Americans and Asians relocating to Mars by 2023, I see them leaving earth for Africans, I see Africans killing each other to inherit their properties in their various countries, I see the survivors enslaving one another, I see girls being possessed forcefully by the dominant clan, I see them destroying everything the whites built in their various countries, I see them returning the world back to the Stone age.

This I have seen.
what's d title of d movie
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
IMAliyu:

They will claim the windows are high tech monitors displaying CGI.
cheesy

grin True.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by F117nighthawk: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Waste of money, they don over Belle full
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Magmata: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
SonofGod231:
It boggles my mind, someone can spend such an amount of money just to leave Earth for 11-15mins then back to the Earth where so many Children are still Starving.

I don't even know where to start analyzing human stupidity.

We have molested the Earth as a result of senseless explorations and experiments. Everywhere is polluted; land, sea, air and even our minds.

We've succeeded in destroying what is certain to pursue uncertainty. Or, how do we describe the wasteful Enterprise called space exploration when our known home (Earth) is suffocating?

This ugly development is a confirmation that an average man is self-centered. Were it not so, how can an intelligent being mortgage his home to buy a parachute?

Some people will say it's their money but I will implore such people to think very deeply. The resources of the Earth is meant for All her inhabitants, and the moment someone take more than his needs is the moment poverty is born.

People should wake up, there are too much exploitation going on in the name of making money.

If the so called billionaires cannot stop making money, then what they seek is not money; it's something else.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
kingxsamz:
The flat earth community need to contribute and buy one ticket for one of their representatives. They should keep a hidden camera on him so they can see for themselves if it's all real or Cgi effects like they claim. cheesy

You mean Trumpeters?! grin
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Europeans, Americans and Asians relocating to Mars by 2023, I see them leaving earth for Africans, I see Africans killing each other to inherit their properties in their various countries, I see the survivors enslaving one another, I see girls being possessed forcefully by the dominant clan, I see them destroying everything the whites built in their various countries, I see them returning the world back to the Stone age.

This I have seen.

You are drunk!
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by nonhuman(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
you saw clearly
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by IB444: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Seer .... Jisie ike
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Goke101(m): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Haba oga Jeff be calming down
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Nathaniel111(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

My broda, me sef don see am.

Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Nyne: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Rubbish you’ve seen lol

FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by WolvyX5: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
In big brothers voice. "This is big brother. Space mates report to the dining room" grin
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Your eyes no go blind false prophet. grin grin
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Pele o general overseer
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by ModeXug: 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Iz Olite!

People wey get money for risky adventures.

Come to think of it, why is the rocket looking like a prick grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by zoedew: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Separating the boys from the men!

1 Like

Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by zoedew: 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
WriterNig:

Blue Origin raised $28 million by auctioning a seat to accompany founder Jeff Bezos on a July 20 rocket ride - the first time the company will carry people to space.

The identity of the winner won’t be revealed for a few weeks, Blue Origin said Saturday. The day’s live auction followed weeks of online bidding with more than 7,000 submissions from people in 159 countries. Bezos’s brother, Mark, will also make the trip.

The 11-minute excursion from Van Horn, Texas, will carry as many as six passengers. Blue Origin hasn’t yet revealed who else will be aboard the New Shepard spacecraft. The automated flight will be the company’s 16th but first with humans aboard.

Blue Origin is vying with Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies and Richard Branson-backed Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc. to offer trips to space to a small number of wealthy tourists. Bezos has compared space tourism to the barnstormers whose stunt flying helped fuel public fascination in the early days of aviation and made planes a common mode of transportation.

Passengers aboard New Shepard, named for pioneering astronaut Alan Shepard, must be:

- Between 5 feet (1.52 meters) and 6 feet, 4 inches tall, weighing 110 pounds-223 pounds (50-100 kilograms).

- Able to climb the seven flights on the launch tower in less than 90 seconds and sit strapped in the vehicle for as long as 90 minutes without access to a lavatory.

- Able to withstand gravitational forces of as much as 5.5 times the person’s normal weight during descent and 3 times the weight for as long as two minutes on ascent.

Passengers were advised to consult a medical professional about medical conditions and their ability to fly on New Shepard. Customers also must provide informed consent, acknowledging the various risks of flying to space.

SpaceX already ferries astronauts to the International Space Station for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Both SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are preparing to fly nongovernment customers.

Blue Origin will donate the auction proceeds to its Club for the Future foundation, which aims to inspire young people to pursue careers in science, technology and mathematics.

Bezos, who spends about $1 billion a year to fund Blue Origin, has been slowly selling off his stake in Amazon.com Inc. to invest in his space endeavors. He will step down as chief executive officer of Amazon on July 5, with Andy Jassy assuming the role.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff! How many times did I call you? Do not take a sibling with you on the trip in case hmmmm!!! I don talk my own oooo!!!
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Josywhyte: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
We go dey here dey wait for una return
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 12:00am On Jun 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Living up (or is it down?) to your moniker… grin grin grin
>
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by LegitLexLuthor(m): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2021
SonofGod231:

Even if they earmarked Billions for Charity.It's ridiculous to blow such an amount of money on a frivolous Joy ride. The poor in 9ja are getting poorer they're there wasting money on nonsense,If I slap that him bowlolo head Ehn wey dey like that bad guy own for Austin Powers grin
I wouldn't expect you to see things their way cause according to you it's a frivolous joy ride while according to them it's getting their names in the history book. they've worked for it ,let them enjoy.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Bifwoli: 12:45am On Jun 15, 2021
ThothHermes:
That's some risky stuff mehn. Not sure I'll be willing to get on that flight for free.

I mean. What can go wrong

Buhari's official Nigerian airforce plane is a type of rocket,the ICBM nukes of the US,China and Russia are types of rockets,the many artillery pieces of Nigerian army are rockets too.Nothing has ever gone wrong with all those rockets ,so what's wrong with you?
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Bifwoli: 12:47am On Jun 15, 2021
ModeXug:
Iz Olite!

People wey get money for risky adventures.

Come to think of it, why is the rocket looking like a prick grin grin grin
Cuz you have a dirty mind.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Okay
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
grin
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Stallion93:
You don’t understand. I mean things like this Stimulate people to scam other people because the scammers feel the scammees really don’t know what to do with their money(Not always the case) but this seems like it
Got it
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by iwalolamhi: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thank you...…..
You can go alone, I can't follow you in that plane.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by WinterMinter(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
well I'm not rich(yet) so I won't be able to fathom how it is
abbey621:

What's 28 million for people worth billions? When you have that much money, your thinking evolves beyond what common folks can phantom. You start thinking about the stars, existence, supernaturals. You stop reading history and story books and want to see things for yourself. The chance to see space, up close and personal is something 99.9% of the humans will never achieve, this is the type of goals billionaires aim for grin.
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Joshmanfashion(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Tell them I for see them not coming back alive tell them to wait for another three months before launching. Thank you
Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by ARAGON22(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Your name tells it all..

Re: An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) by Pelumar(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
I see them create a virus after they left to kill us Africans smh they dispose their wastes into earth send asteroids to earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death / Accident Just Now At Okigwe Umuahia Express Way (graphic Photos) / Best European Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.