Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? (8206 Views)

4 Mistake Writer Make And How To Avoid Them / Are You A Writer? Make Money From Your Skill / A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
Good sellable fictional story should be 90,000 pages or more, do a good cover page, edit and publish on Amazon and the likes, put a price tag, if its good like u said then you'll surely get a good returns and maybe even a movie deal and more
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by richardwarner(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:
I can't believe I'm still broke after all the efforts I have put in to making money both online and offline. May be because I'm not following my God's gifted talent. Among others I can do, I can write fictional stories a great deal. The inspiration comes naturally always. Right now, I can develop up to 100 stories that can be scripted into blockbuster movies. Also, I have written not fewer than 500 short stories for comedy skits. Most of these stories, if even just one of them is shot into comedy video has the potential to bring the actors to limelight. Financing all these stuff is my problem hence the need for this thread. I wouldn't mind selling some of them to interested stories.

What are your advice and suggestions? How do I make from these writings?
my dear try n look for money n bankroll ur destiny...no one bankrolls anybody these days becos of too many ppl turnin bck to bite every hand that fed them..
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by ufotty2001: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:
I can't believe I'm still broke after all the efforts I have put in to making money both online and offline. May be because I'm not following my God's gifted talent. Among others I can do, I can write fictional stories a great deal. The inspiration comes naturally always. Right now, I can develop up to 100 stories that can be scripted into blockbuster movies. Also, I have written not fewer than 500 short stories for comedy skits. Most of these stories, if even just one of them is shot into comedy video has the potential to bring the actors to limelight. Financing all these stuff is my problem hence the need for this thread. I wouldn't mind selling some of them to interested stories.

Am a non-fiction writer.. I started in February!! Can you DM me let me show you somethings
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by ThinkBrave: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

Check my signature and send me a mail
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by tianshie(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
I know you're frustrated and dejected, but fiction writing isn't a route to wealth. If you do it for financial gain, chances are you'll fail. If you do it out of love and a desire to see your work out there in the world, success will come as a necessary consequence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by bolaji1023(f): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
Publish your book on Amazon Kindle and smashwords.promote it on Goodreads
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by HustlePro: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

Learn more about Amazon kindle publishing... and you thank me later. there are some tutorials on here.
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Majesty33(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
Mpanyi:

I have been thinking about this. But in what specific ways can one make money from making the short videos?
Although, I don't know but posting videos on YouTube, goes along way and to my knowledge, I believe youtube pays when u upload videos but don't know how to go about it. Also u need to market yourself maybe get one or two upcoming actors and start up with something.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by writeprof(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Writing creative literature is not an easy task. Kudos to you. Are your books properly edited for themes, settings, language, style, characters/characterisation, plot structure etc?
Do you read stories and books by other writers especially award winning literary works from Commonwealth Writers Prize, Caine Prize etc?
Do you send your stories to online literary journals, magazines, sites for publication especially the free ones?
Do you attend any program online/offline to develop your skills in the field of writing?
For the skits, you can use a good phone to shoot some skits, I know a person who started his movies making career that way 2 years ago, today he is shooting a standard movie. More importantly, pray as the spiritual has influence on the physical.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Zeus039(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

You can convert your novels to Pdf or Epub form, get a good cover and upload to www.okadabooks.com and sell. You can use post a few episodes here to promote your sales

That's the only way I know. I'm an article writer and I make more than 100k monthly if u want me to show you the ropes. You know where to go wink

1 Like

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by BTGbenga: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Because you are not known.

Display your skills profile on the best remote work platform in Nigeria (w ww. worksmi. com).
This will help you get works done online and offline.
Its just the best.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by ogelekpomgam(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

What is cool?
Oga, surrender one or two of your works here for public criticism.u don try.buh you don't need to start praising your self until your work is keenly and precisely criticised.

3 Likes

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by NewDawn2O21: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
Mpanyi:
Nice questions. I will want to learn too. I am an armature fiction writer.
na real armature grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by TheDarkGamer: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
I'm also a fiction writer and I have samples of my work for analysis. Contact me on Telegram @ConsistentWriter
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Akalia(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

The journey of a writer does not promise fortune and fame especially fortune. Do it for the passion. Leverage self publishing platforms such as Amazon KDP, Okada books and Co. to put out your work.
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by joinnow: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

Get a mentor
Or
Convert your article or story max word 500 to video$5 .
Or learn kpd publishing and okada
If you want me to take you through I can do that but at a cost.
Who am I to guide you because I have 200 books on Amazon and have a gig at fiverr.if you want my payment screen shots Hala me
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by millennialaku2: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by millennialaku2: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
try freelancing
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by viralmaged: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
I could see no one has come up with a convincing Answers . Here you go.

• Publish your book on Amazon Kindle ( target first tier countries)
• publish your book on Google playstore and monetize it

• Start a YouTube channel and script your writing to visual content

• Start a blog and feature your books

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by harmargedon: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

That's one of the Space Bookers Association of Nairaland - (S-B-A-N) grin grin grin

Modified;

Be like say S-B-A-N is the code for nairaland... If u remove the hyphen, it turns to Nairaland automatically.

Inside life. grin
Nairaland lol

1 Like

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Ayor93(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
ufotty2001:

Am a non-fiction writer.. I started in February!! Can you DM me let me show you somethings
Hello, Started non-fiction writing just last month-although before then I have been writing occasionally, but I'm willing to dwell fully on it this time. Can you show me something too?
Thanks
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by andyblinks05: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
@Poster, As A Writer, If You really want to Start making money, start up a blog now and thank Later, Incase If You Are Interested, Reach Us On Whatsapp Chat
Start a blog?? To fund the blog na beans?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by bahdpersona(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
ok
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by FunnyDude(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Grab my weed while I read comments to seek for knowledge
Apart from smoking weed, drinking alcohol, banging pussy, making some dope cash, bombing and being a key board warrior...a real niggar should also seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Monday

Mad oh
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by CasNova: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
Akpolagha:
Good sellable fictional story should be 90,000 pages or more, do a good cover page, edit and publish on Amazon and the likes, put a price tag, if its good like u said then you'll surely get a good returns and maybe even a movie deal and more

90,000 pages

1 Like

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Jakumo(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
CasNova:

90,000 pages

If one is not a weight-lifter, reading a 90,000 page book will be out of the question, unless you have access to hydraulic equipment to lift up the book while you are reading.
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by IhateMyDad: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
I have a friend
Who's into fiction writing as well

He's also a publisher
Amazon bestseller

He's also a marketer, you know
Pushing people's work across his social media community
And the last book he wrote was published in the UK

Anyway, all I'm saying is that he might be able to help you
So if you are interested, quote me
I'd give you my number so I can refer you personally

Good luck
Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by nicewoody6: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
As a fiction writer and someone who has written over 500 short stories, you can make good money online and offline.

For online sales of your books /short stories, you can visit the following sites okadabooks.com or even use the free services of Draft2digital. Draft2digital will post your book across multiple international stores and you will receive you pay via Payoneer which you can cashout with ease on Kuda banking application.

The link below is one of my short stories published on draft2digital. Follow the link to see the number of international stores where it has been made available for instant purchase.

https://books2read.com/Stolen-Victory-Mary-Slessor-Vs-The-Calabar-Tribes

Create your own draft2digital account using my ref link: https://www.draft2digital.com/nicewoody69 after which you can proceed to make a universal link for your own book on books2read.com

You can access my books on okadabooks via this link https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Ugeh

Below are some of my other books also published on draft2digital

https://books2read.com/Princess-Inikpi-A-fearless-Victim-of-Death-and-War (Available in 10 stores - click the link to see)
https://books2read.com/Demystifying-The-Benin-Bats (Available in 9 stores)
https://books2read.com/Haunted-by-my-past-1 (Available in 11 stores)

Having said this, hard copies sell faster in Nigeria. Most people only buy when they see. Nigerians rarely seek books online.

If you want to learn how to sell hard copies, you can send me an email or drop your email and i will contact you.

MostImportant:

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by Reelmii: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
na real armature grin
and that is why he has not gone far cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Fiction Writer Make Money? by IamPlato(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
MostImportant:

I'd you are interested, I am also a writer and video director but also broke like you... I have a YouTube channel where I shoot and upload short films, if you are interested we can work together, give me content and I shoot and upload...

There is no money to it yet because the channel is still growing but if you are interested and can be dedicated then we can work together. By the way, I don't do comedy, I do horror, mystery, romance, any other genre except comedy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

-- / Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club / Buchi Emecheta, Exit Of A Rock Of Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.