Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31645 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Lamanii22(f): 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Interesting topic

Grab my weed while I read comments

You are bombing steady naa....
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by m140(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gamesmart:

Please bless m140 with N500.
Yahoo boy ....
Come check out my office... I no dey make mouth for here ... am sure na dada go dey your head. Loser!!!
What do you do for a living?
I guess you afraid to tell us ....
Even seun osewa papa , sir osewa we do business MEETINGS together sometimes ago.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
1forall:

You do so at your own risk, please take note.
How so? Please, I'm Dm'ing you immediately.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by criuze(m): 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Nowadays, you can't be relying on certain collar jobs; you need jobs involving your skills. Some barbers earn and spend more than that 16k a week. You need works where you're seeing the money. Salary work nowadays just seems like a waste of time, honesty! It's people with skilled jobs that are doing well now, because they're seeing the money and can spend without waiting for salary at the end of the month. I know some people that dropped out of schools to pursue skills and now they're doing better than some graduates. Even if you're working at some collar jobs, you should have Plan B, C and even D.

Even plan x
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Lamanii22(f): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
wealthyhenry:

I don't understand the motive of the people liking this comment. Do they like the situation narrated in this comment or what?

No.... They are touched that's why...

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Lamanii22(f): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gbogbowa:
we are family of five,3 kids though expecting another because I can't afford condom always which led to pregnancy

Ha... Then you'd have reduced the sex....

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Tunks2017(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
F**k single owned (one man companies) in Nigeria that like paying meagre groundnut with no staff structure .............. angry

They're all useless time Wasters.......... angry

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by AAbuja: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
adedehinbo:
Nigeria of nowadays has reduced a graduate to something insignificance to the society,last year 2020,I saw hell that could have taken my life,(oh Lord I thank you)can't just believe I could pass through those challenges and gradually coming out of them.
Last year 2020 I lost my job due to covid-19 effect on business,I had no hope of what next to do,I was home during the lockdown without hope,I was depressed and couldn't afford basic things anymore which also affected my mum also.
Luckily or what do I call it,my mum friend came,she got to know the ordeal I was passing through,she asked if I can do anything for survival apart from stealing which I replied yes in affirmation.
The next day she told me to dress up and try hold some cash up to 15k the next day,I did that without even thinking twice.
Now the journey of survival begun,we board a bus from sango going to idiroko the boarder side,we stopped at a town called ilase,I was neatly dressed thinking I want to resume a white job,after we dropped at ilase,she took me to shop where smuggled rice is being kept for resale to smugglers who could beat customs and security forces and make huge gains after a trip,then foreign rice was just like gold,a bag of rice was sold around 35k then but at ilase,you could get it as low as 15k,I was scared and shaking,the thought of heavy checking points along that road nearly made me collapse,but when I saw a female student also into smuggling,I had to summon courage and face my fears.
Now this is how it started,I had a school bag then,I bought a bag of rice for 14,500 then,I shared the rice into three places,which is 4rubber paints, altogether a bag consists of 12rubber paints.i put four into the school bag and back it like someone going somewhere important,then hardly you see any cars stop to carry any passenger who intends to smuggle rice no matter how small its but the way I dressed couldn't make them have the thought that rice could be the thing inside my bag.
Comfortably I would sit at the front sit with confidence, whenever we get to every check points, custom officials mostly look for women based on the fact that that they use every means to hide rice,some split it into bum,while some in their boobs and even inside their head tie,they all just ignore me,at the end after finishing a bag,I use to make about 12k daily after transportation.
I did this for 6months and kept praying to God to open a new and better way.
I invested most of the money on poultry which I sold off last year december,I bought a car hoping that I could use it to run taxi business,I started it just as planned but the car started developing faults plus traffic officials confiscating my car,these immediately made me lost interest on the business,I parked the car at home,my former company called me to work as a contract staff which I accepted and that's how I am surviving now.
One thing I understand is in Nigeria,you can do everything right and yet still fails,only grace that makes a man to be successful after hard work
I am
inspired
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by emmnprince(m): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
nwajesus12:
I am seriously loosing faith in the profession sef

The profession might have lost faith in you sef!

Maybe what you need is to try something else & the doors of opportunities might be opened for you to explore and make a living.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Houston17:

You could check out Ui/UX Design. Although, I have no idea the jobs can be done on a phone but check it out. You need to pay to learn some skills. Check on Coursera, apply for financial aid for the program of your choice and then start.
Thank you, sir.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need
boss or madam I just need some money to eat I'm currently depressed,friends wey I dey gv money for street b4 just because I lost my oil job see shenking. 0798070016 access bank Agbaje avoiding
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by emmnprince(m): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gamesmart:

Yes o. Keep on "praying".

Pray, pray, pray!

Ask God for "fire" on all obstacles in your life or cut off the head of those that are not from your religion.

That is how to get a better Nigeria.

Don't mind him. Prayers alone doesn't work! Work and pray!

Religion and tribalism is causing more harm than good here because . . . make I no just continue

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by emmnprince(m): 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
0dav2:
Phew! Like right now i'm at the valley of indecision,i'm like a walking dead, when for over 1yrs now i cant afford a smart phone even when my friend are giving me the opportunity to earn with it, school fee is right in front of me business not working because of curfew this days rent very overwhelming, i'm sure i wont commit suicide i'll quit this school thing first..

Infact i'm really depressed

DON’T GIVE UP!
Keep pushing, keep keeping on!
You're not in this alone!
Keep doing what you know best to do!
Opportunities will surely come your way!
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by darkgoddes(f): 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
You will reach and surpass it by God's grace.

Mutmainneen:

They definitely are. I hope to reach such height one day that my siblings can benefit from me like yours are doing now.
And 5k is definitely not small. The offer is much appreciated, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by nwajesus12(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmnprince:

Maybe what you need is to try something else & the doors of opportunities might be opened for you to explore and make a living.
lol
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by nwajesus12(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmnprince:

if you know how hard and passionately I studied this profession, atleast a chance to practice what I studied, that your first statement would not have been contemplated.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by kebeb: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

Oh wow.... And to have a baby now is so expensive.... But if you trust in the lord and have good support from your families... Everything will be finee... Someone was telling me about affiliate marketing shaaa but one would need like 50k to learn it... But where's the work one can do to even raise the money.....
That's the issue bro. Man's damn broke

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mnopq: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
@totona..... Pls anything to survival till month end 0329252617 Yusuf gt bank
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by alizma: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

Much appreciated, sir. Hand work seems to be the surest thing now.
Exactly, another area to look at is phone/laptop repairs. Once you are good at it, patronage is sure. A good handwork man can deliver quality services at relatively competitive wage and still be happy.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by azizsystem(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
I graduated in 2020.. I am currently a mathematics and physics teacher in a private school close by and I am very good at it. Funny enough the students especially the females who hated mathematics prior to my coming to the school are now the ones coming to call me from the office when its time for maths. In fact I can teach all science subjects very well. Sometimes I wonder maybe teaching is my talent that I couldnt discover all these years. It takes me little time and more efforts to transform a student who is a crawler to one of the fliers in the class .
And I just enjoy teaching just like how someone would enjoy smoking or drinking.Although my salary is quitee poor, a paltry sum of 25,000 naira monthy. My only joy and consolation is seeing my students becoming better each day from my efforts.
I still thank God for everything as I pray for better days.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Flexherbal(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Reelmii:
he did not say his organ is not active

We are not arguing about that.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Awesome007(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Suffering and smiling
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Funkybabee(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
My advice for the youth is to just find something to do, anything to keep you busy

It's not his far or long it's, if not for how well

Do something for God to bless you and stay away from sin, God is a faithful father
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Originalsly: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
fatymore:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

You can help my small business by patronising me. You will surely need something

What type of business and location?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by fatymore(f): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Originalsly:

What type of business and location?

I sell bedsheets..duvets..towels..female pants.. men's wears...baby duvets... Pillows

Thank you sir
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Ahmed0336(m): 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by greenalwaz: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
adedehinbo:

[b][b]One thing I understand is in Nigeria,you can do everything right and yet still fails,only grace that makes a man to be successful after hard work
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by newoffer: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
Go to local workshop and get skills on mechatronic. Mechanical and electronic . 6 month is enough to kickstart your career. It phone repair. Certificate is not enough to get you a job any more. [quote author=Mutmainneen post=102825521][/quote]
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Originalsly: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
fatymore:

I sell bedsheets..duvets..towels..female pants.. men's wears...baby duvets... Pillows

Thank you sir

Where exactly in Lagos?.... how will Nairalanders find you to patronize your business?... trying to help you increase customer base.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.