Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Advice To Unemployed Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice To Unemployed Graduates (26826 Views)

Association Of Unemployed Graduates Of Nigeria Signpost Spotted In Enugu / 3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by BrazilAirport: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2021
I know my helper is out there
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by sheanzy(m): 6:52am On Jun 19, 2021
jeff1607:

Fear God,

You use WhatsApp for free now this?

Google HA tunnel plus
I swear Nigerians are something Else... Something he got for free he wants to sell 1k.. chai I just Dy laugh

1 Like

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by jeff1607(m): 6:54am On Jun 19, 2021
sheanzy:
I swear Nigerians are something Else... Something he got for free he wants to sell 1k.. chai I just Dy laugh

No be juju be this grin
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Eclassic: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2021
For your info they don't include referee on CV again except on request.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Angelawhite(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:
All those shouting Learn a skill!!! Learn a skill !!

Is it not money you would use to learn something undecided even after learning to establish oneself in this present Nigeria is something to worry about. The economy is not so favourable for entrepreneurs.

No one is ready to borrow you money for you to start any business, everybody eye just red.... Make God just bless you with grace and favour.

I paid no dime to learn programming. I relied on free videos on YouTube. You can learn other stills too same way
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Revere27: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

I paid no dime to learn programming. I relied on free videos on YouTube. You can learn other stills too same way

Good of you for that bro... What about the system you use or a good Android phone and the data consumed.... Is it not money??

Now see a fellow friend that has this same passion for programming but does not as the resources at hand what would happen to such a person?
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Anselem4289: 7:21am On Jun 19, 2021
DropsMic:
Learn a skill
Learn a skill
Learn a skill
Learn a skill

Or open a church

I didn’t pay one naira to learn web
development
please how can I get your WhatsApp number so that you will put me through on procedure involved in learning web development
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by DropsMic(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2021
jeff1607:

E easy abi? Answer this

How did our get your laptop, free?
Data you used , free?
The Ebooks?
The food and rent plus utilities, were they Free or were you a free loader,
The accessories and repairs or the upgrades you made , you got them free abi?
The extras nko abi all these fell from heaven?

Be empathetic towards others, not everyone has family or friends to give that support they need, some do odd jobs n low paying jobs just to raise money for a laptop

You don’t know my story so I won’t even bother to reply you
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by jeff1607(m): 7:27am On Jun 19, 2021
DropsMic:

You don’t know my story so I won’t even bother to reply you

Sir, everyone has a story and if yours was really grass to grace you wouldn’t type what you posted
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2021
All i'm asking for is a good person that will help with an android phone that will helpful in making money online.
I will pay the person the costs of buying of the phone, thank you
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by yetunsbay(m): 7:45am On Jun 19, 2021
I knw of someone with 40k emoluments, 9k tf out. Chai
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Legendo: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2021
Issues2:
Can my father nd uncle be against me

Some uncles are destiny destroyers. Never trust anybody.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by konfusedgee(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2021
where there is a will there is a way,,

all these people saying no money for data or laptop are not serious, if you check now they have a decent phone, Airtel gives free 50Mb daily when using opera mini,, make use of that, equip urself with the little info you can find about that skill you want, so that when that laptop comes you already know what to do with it

meet strangers talk to people not from an angle of begging them for things but from an angle of getting information from them... because everything you want in this life (including that money) is in the hands of a stranger

it's funny cos when you see the lengths to which people go to get the things they want you won't sit down complaining about everything you don't have because nobody has it all
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Seyzcham91(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2021
nonsense advice

its not about referees

lets call a spade a spade

no job to do

too many applicants for a single post or position which makes every one's chances thinner and al hope on connection only leaving merits

so Bleep referees
yungdynho:
[i]Dear Unemployed Graduates,[/I]
Pick your CV today. Call your referees numbers.

Pretend to be an employer and hear the good/bad they have to say about you.

They might just be the reasons employers don't call you back after a great interview.

This life is very deep
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Fsglobals: 9:20am On Jun 19, 2021
Get approved within 48 hrs for just $300 with job links���� Guaranteed..call or Whatsapp 07..059..654..911

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by whytediamond(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:

Is it not money you would use to learn something undecided even after learning to establish oneself in this present Nigeria is something to worry about. The economy is not so favourable for entrepreneurs.

No one is ready to borrow you money for you to start any business, everybody eye just red.... Make God just bless you with grace and favour.

I did not use a dime to start my multi million naira online fashion store.

Don't fall for that limiting mindset of "you must have capital to start a business". That's the biggest lie ever.

I swear with my life, I didn't start with a kobo. But I did over 50 million naira turn over in my 1st 3yrs in business.

God bless you and help you change your mindset, cos that's where every life issues emanate from.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Moraler: 10:33am On Jun 19, 2021
Things are hard oooo, *"the money never seems to be enough"*

This is Nigeria, we must learn to leverage on technologies apparatus and overcome current state of affairs.

I wish to teach you free *"How to raise emergency fund and even earn $40 daily with winning practical strategies"*

With the winning strategies to be thought on below whatsapp group, you go a long way to be self sufficient and reduce pressure on your parents..

Please mind the missing dot "." before the "com"

https://chat.whatsapp com/DGPOpxayktb5wNb4LILG98
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Angelawhite(m): 10:33am On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:

Good of you for that bro... What about the system you use or a good Android phone and the data consumed.... Is it not money??

Now see a fellow friend that has this same passion for programming but does not as the resources at hand what would happen to such a person?

The question is, do you have the passion? Are you willing to go out of your comfort zone ? Don’t tell me as a graduate, you don’t have at least a friend or neighbor willing to lend you his laptop to use for 3 hours a day.

I slept in UNILAG just to solve power and data issues. I remember getting arrested one night with my friends that share the same passion because we couldn’t identify ourselves as their students. We later went back to the same spot (Engineering dubbing center) to continue our hunt for knowledge. I skipped meals just to be able to buy data. While doing this, I was a Masters student at Ibadan. At a point, I had to quit my masters to focus fully on programming.

Some of you that complain about not having a laptop use phones worth over 50k which can get you a fairly used laptop.

There are places with free wi-fi. Identify those places and download as much videos as you can. When you get home, you can watch them.

Most importantly, identify with people who have same passion . NeTworking with them will encourage you to learn and learn faster as you’ll be exchanging ideas and resources.

If you wait for the right time to achieve something, that time will never come. Nothing good comes easy.

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Chuksmonika(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:

Not all skills require big money bro. I am currently learning Video editing on Youtube... Yes, I burn a large amount of data learning it, but it is to my advantage. When I'm done, I will add it to my list of skills on Upwork and the money keeps rolling in.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:42am On Jun 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

The question is, do you have the passion? Are you willing to go out of your comfort zone ? Don’t tell me as a graduate, you don’t have at least a friend or neighbor willing to lend you his laptop to use for 3 hours a day.

I slept in UNILAG just to solve power and data issues. I remember getting arrested one night with my friends that share the same passion because we couldn’t identify ourselves as their students. We later went back to the same spot (Engineering dubbing center) to continue our hunt for knowledge. I skipped meals just to be able to buy data. While doing this, I was a Masters student at Ibadan. At a point, I had to quit my masters to focus fully on programming.

Some of you that complain about not having a laptop use phones worth over 50k which can get you a fairly used laptop.

There are places with free wi-fi. Identify those places and download as much videos as you can. When you get home, you can watch them.

Most importantly, identify with people who have same passion . NeTworking with them will encourage you to learn and learn faster as you’ll be exchanging ideas and resources.

If you wait for the right time to achieve something, that time will never come. Nothing good comes easy.

You have said everything especially for students at the University its so funny when they say no laptop. Their school labs has 100s of computers with super fast wifi which no one uses. Their colleagues all have laptops which they use to play games and watch movies.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Issues2(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2021
Wickedtruths:

You don't know anything.
Lol u re funny �
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

About finding someone with similar passion like me, I'm yet to find anyone who wants to become a programmer here in my school in fact I look like the odd one out when 97% of the male folk here are either on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Scrabble GO ,Instagram etc. "Bombing". I wish there was someone else like me.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Angelawhite(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You have said everything especially for students at the University its so funny when they say no laptop. Their school labs has 100s of computers with super fast wifi which no one uses. Their colleagues all have laptops which they use to play games and watch movies.

Exactly.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Angelawhite(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2021
SageX1444:
About finding someone with similar passion like me, I'm yet to find anyone who wants to become a programmer here in my school in fact I look like the odd one out when 97% of the male folk here are either on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Scrabble GO ,Instagram etc. "Bombing". I wish there was someone else like me.

Yea. You can meet them online. You can start by creating a thread for programmers here on Nairaland. Ask them to join your WhatsApp group
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Revere27: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

Thank you sir for the piece of advice.
I'm encouraged sir.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Angelawhite(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:

Thank you sir for the piece of advice.
I'm encouraged sir.

Welcome
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by SPLENDID25(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2021
Issues2:
Can my father nd uncle be against me
those from your father's side can.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by JoeCool3150(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
DropsMic:
Learn a skill Learn a skill Learn a skill Learn a skill
Or open a church

I didn’t pay one naira to learn web development
So how did you learn web development for free? Tell me...
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Gamesmart: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
yungdynho:
[i]Dear Unemployed Graduates,[/I]
Pick your CV today. Call your referees numbers.

Pretend to be an employer and hear the good/bad they have to say about you.

They might just be the reasons employers don't call you back after a great interview.

This life is very deep

Hopexter and m140, come and take advice.
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by Chinks(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
konfusedgee:
where there is a will there is a way,,

all these people saying no money for data or laptop are not serious, if you check now they have a decent phone, Airtel gives free 50Mb daily when using opera mini,, make use of that, equip urself with the little info you can find about that skill you want, so that when that laptop comes you already know what to do with it

meet strangers talk to people not from an angle of begging them for things but from an angle of getting information from them... because everything you want in this life (including that money) is in the hands of a stranger

it's funny cos when you see the lengths to which people go to get the things they want you won't sit down complaining about everything you don't have because nobody has it all
True talk! Reading some comments here just makes me laugh. Graduates complaining of no data, no good phone, no laptop and so on. Many of them also saying no money to learn skills. It's really shocking. Any graduate complaining of all these things is not worthy of that certificate he/she is parading 'upandan'!
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by hopexter(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gamesmart:

Hopexter and m140, come and take advice.

Keep the advise for yourself. This is a mere broadcast for me. Thanks for the recommendation. Enjoy your weekend kiss cheesy
Re: Advice To Unemployed Graduates by olioxx(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Revere27:

You nailed it.

In this Nigeria, nah "so help me God everybody dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice / What Is The Least Salary 4 The Nigeria Police Force. / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.