Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone (1321 Views)

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ / How Alex Ekwueme Created The Idea Of The South-South Zone. / How Ekwueme, Bisi Onabanjo Plotted Six Geopolitical Zones From Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
This piece was written in response to Naptu’s thread. First and foremost, Naptu is someone I see as an elderly Uncle. He has seen it all and always shows objectivity and maturity when analysing issues. His thread on the south-south creation is timely, educative but not conclusive. Hence, I felt a burden to write this reply.

Now for the record sake, Ekwueme was never in a position to create a geo-political zone. The idea was his as reiterated by Naptu during his incarceration in prison. And in 1998, he suggested the idea to Abacha during the constitutional conference hosted that year. Therefore, the drawing of boundaries and creation of the regions was Abacha’s. Abacha was the Head of state and acted independently by decree without following democratic inputs.

To be candid, looking at the creation of the geo-political zones, one will feel it didn't reflect the true position of situations on ground. If so, the likes of southern Kaduna, southern kebbi and zones in Adamawa have no business in the North-West and North-East. Kwara and Kabba should be in the South-West, while Igbos in Kogi/Benue should be in the South-East. But Abacha’s geo-political zone creation made sure that it didn’t reflect minority consideration, most especially in the north.

Because in reality, if we should apply the principle of using the geo-political zones to douse minority fears, then it failed in that purpose. The fears of an Edo man can not be equated with the fears of an Anioma man. If an Ijaw or Ogoni man wants a Niger-Delta or south-south to be independent of the Igbos, an Etche and Egbema man will never entertain the idea to be cut off from his kinsmen. So how then is the south-south as created by Abacha a true reflection of the people’s choice?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Again, in the same thread created by Naptu, I noticed a few people use the word “We” in their satisfaction of appreciating their presence in the south-south. While it shows their joy in finding their feet in a place they love, it's never the same for some of us.

Some of my brethren in the south south have this penchant of speaking for everyone. Why will you speak for me when I was not consulted before adding my community into the South-South? Did I cast a vote to stay away from my kinsmen in the South-East?

Are they speaking for my people who have never hidden their intention to join the South-East? Are you aware that we clamoured different times for Port-Harcourt state from the 1980’s to 1990’s. Maybe a lot of folks might have forgotten, the likes of Obi Wali championed a Port-Harcourt state for Igbo speaking people to be out of Rivers state. But he never lived to see that dream.

By right three states ought to have been created out of the old Rivers state. Bayelsa, Rivers and Port-Harcourt state. Bayelsa for those in yenagoa section, Port-Harcourt for us and Rivers for the likes of Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni, Andoni and Bonny who wanted to stay on their own.

Abacha created Bayelsa state only, and that dream was cut short. But after some years our fathers began clamouring for Orashi state to be added to the South-East. We submitted our request to Ohaneze-Ndigbo in the last SNC hosted by Jonathan. The same applies to the Anioma who's intention was to add them as the 6th South-East state. And so our Orashi was added in the plans for other Igbo future states such as Anioma, Njaba, Aba, Adada etc.

While Naptu might be firm with his analysis of the geo-political zone creation, he wasn't upright with his description of how Ekwueme envisaged it.

Abacha created the zones and fine-tuned it to favour the north only. Assuming Ekwueme was in position to create the geo-political zones, I bet he’ll do the following.

1. Add Anioma, Orashi / PH, Benue/Kogi Igbos to the South-East.
2. Add Ilorin, Kabba and Itshekiri to South-West
3. Add Kaduna south, Kebbi south and Adamawa, Taraba to Middle belt
4. Add Ijaws in Ondo to South-South and all that.

Everyone would have been homogeneous to their region and peace would reign.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Cc
Naptu
Sammy
Igboid
TonyeBacanista
Ojiofor
Garfield
Edodefence
Abagworo
Helinues
Monogamy

And all others.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
I have observed that some bigots lace their tribalism with 'maturity' on this forum.

They are hardcore tribalists but always appear diplomatic & mature on the outside so you don't call them out. They put distorted or misquoted 'facts' out in public & wait patiently for their much bolder colleagues to carry on their evil work.

They never 'fact-check' against the government despite its numerous gaffes but they are usually quick to proffer same against their perceived 'enemies'.

They are dangerous.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Akponmfet: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Again, in the same thread created by Naptu, I noticed a few people use the word “We” in their satisfaction of appreciating their presence in the south-south. While it shows their joy in finding their feet in a place they appreciate it's never the same for some of us. That's one thing that pisses me.

Some of my brethren in the south south have this penchant of speaking for everyone. Why will you speak for me when I was not consulted before adding my community into the South-South. Did I cast a vote to be a stay away from my kinsmen in the South-East?

Are you speaking for my people who have never hidden their intention to join the South-East. Are you aware that we clamoured different times for Port-Harcourt state from the 1980’s to 1990’s. Maybe a lot of folks might have forgotten, the likes of Obi Wali championed a Port-Harcourt state for Igbo speaking people to be out of Rivers state. But he never lived to see that dream.

By right three states ought to have been created out if the old Rivers state. Bayelsa, Rivers and Port-Harcourt state. Bayelsa for those in yenagoa section, Port-Harcourt for us and Rivers for the likes of Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni, Andoni and Bonny who wanted to stay on their own.

Abacha created Bayelsa state only, and that dream was cut short. But after some years our fathers began clamouring for Orashi state to be added to the South-East. We submitted our request to Ohaneze-Ndigbo in the last SNC hosted by Jonathan. The same applies to the Anioma who's intention was to add them as the 6th South-East state. And so our Orashi was added in the plans for other Igbo future states such as Anioma, Njaba, Aba, Adada etc.

While Naptu might be firm with his analysis of the geo-political zone creation, he wasn't upright with his description of how Ekweme envisaged it.

Abacha created the zones and fine-tuned it to favour the north only. Assuming Ekwueme was in position to create the geo-political zones, I bet he’ll do the following.

1. Add Anioma, Orashi / PH, Benue/Kogi Igbos to the South-East.
2. Add Ilorin, Kabba and Itshekiri to South-West
3. Add Kaduna south, Kebbi south and Adamawa, Taraba to Middle belt
4. Add Ijaws in Ondo to South-South and all that.

Everyone would have been homogeneous to their region and peace would reign.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
I have observed that some bigots lace their tribalism with 'maturity' on this forum.

They are hardcore tribalists but always appear diplomatic & mature on the outside so you don't call them out. They put distorted or misquoted 'facts' out in public & wait patiently for their much bolder colleagues to carry on their evil work.

They never 'fact-check' against the government despite its numerous gaffes but they are usually quick to proffer same against their perceived 'enemies'.

They are dangerous.
Naptu is a respectable person that I look forward to meeting one day. Although he has created a thread to talk about the South-South creation, but a lot of details were missing. This is what I want clarified. I expect him to be here.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by ivolt: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
You have added no new information to the previous discussion.
In fact, what qualify as "extra details" have been discussed on the previous thread.
That Abacha was in power was already brought up and discussed. But the idea was definitely Ekwueme's.

The only detail you added here was pointing out the problem of having Edo and Anioma in the same political zone.
Your opinion is wrong on this issue as political zones were never designed to be ethnic or language clans but to
present more representational opportunities to the residents.

Even if you are from an ethnically homogenous local government, there are groups who would like to be independent if given a voice.

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Akponmfet: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
Why are you people always crying like babies?
Why are you so afraid to stand alone?
Your obsession with the South South is what will eventually destroy you.
You guys must learn how to deal with rejection.
We are South South and you are South East and that's how it's going to be.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
Twisted facts

Itsekiri are Yoruboid not Yoruba

So they choose what they want
They can stay anywhere and progress

We are not IPOB

No coercion here

Yoruba in Benin republic and Togo are doing well

7 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
shocked

Any story that does not suit your narration, you people must find a way of twisting same story.

The Naptu thread was about how South South came to be. It wasn't about whether the creation was right or wrong

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
Akponmfet:
Which “We” are proud south-south? Did you read the article or you just jump to rant ignorantly.

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by naptu2: 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
There's just one thing that I want to add to your thread. It revolves around the idea that Abacha drew the boundaries and the geographical locations of the zones.

Alex Ekwueme addressed this issue in his interview. Both Ekwueme and Abacha are not the sources of the problems that you identified. You need to go back in time for that.

What both Ekwueme and Abacha did was to use the existing states in drawing up the zones.

Ekwueme said that the South-South consisted of the COR states and the Midwest. What were the boundaries of the COR states and Midwest? That's where the issue is. How did the Midwest come to be? How did the CORR states come into being?

Kwara State had been in the Northern Region at Independence. Ekwueme also mentioned this. In drawing up the zones in the North, they used places that already existed in the Northern Region.

So you see, it wasn't Ekwueme or Abacha that did this and that's why it is not in my thread (although Ekwueme mentioned it in his interview when he was talking about the boundaries).

There was an old thread about this issue (I think it was from 2012 or so), I'll go and search for it.

However, I welcome this thread. It should be interesting.

I'll also give you a boost. Ekwueme hinted at something, and that thing is what I'm going to use to search for the old thread. He mentioned the CORR States. That was a group of minorities that wanted their own state and submitted a petition to the Willink Commission.

I have a strong suspicion that those agitations at the Willink Commission influenced Ekwueme in creating the zones. It would be interesting to read them.

How were the divisions created during the Colonial era? What was the Benin Division, the Delta Province, the Cross River, Ogoja, Rivers areas, etc.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by esnbrutality: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
I SMASHED YOUR AFONJA POSTS WITH FACTS...and you changed moniker from "Ekpeitit" to this useless one to CONTINUE fighting IGBO PEOPLE??

You people are truly the UNITY BEGGARS IN THIS COUNTRY....but as Promised, we are waiting for Afonja campaign train to come to our region.

After insulting jonathan and calling his wife names you want our blessings to ridicule IGBO...NA LIE...UNA FAIL!!!!

YOU ARE DESPERATE..Knowing that Biafra will enforce your slavery to the Fulani permanently.

UNA GO SOON UNDERSTAND...

IGBO PEOPLE..... TRULY THESE AFONJA ARE REALLY OBSESSED!! AND ITS DISGUSTING

Akponmfet:

5 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Armaggedon: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
Why are you adding itshekiri to yoruba when they've never been so recognized in history?

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
esnbrutality:
I SMASHED YOUR AFONJA POSTS WITH FACTS...and you changed moniker from "Ekpeitit" to this useless one to CONTINUE fighting IGBO PEOPLE??

You people are truly the UNITY BEGGARS IN THIS COUNTRY....but as Promised, we are waiting for Afonja campaign train to come to our region.

After insulting jonathan and calling his wife names you want our blessings to ridicule IGBO...NA LIE...UNA FAIL!!!!

YOU ARE DESPERATE..Knowing that Biafra will enforce your slavery to the Fulani permanently.

UNA GO SOON UNDERSTAND...

IGBO PEOPLE TRULY THESE AFONJA ARE REALLY OBSESSED!!

Is that how the Igbos are afraid of South South people that you can't face them head on.. Must anyone speaking as a South South people be impersonator?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Which “We” are proud south-south? Did you read the article or you just jump to rant ignorantly.

You did not read the Naptu thread with an open mind.. The thread was about addressing how South South as a region came to be not the justification of the creation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=naptu2 post=102846296]
There's just one thing that I want to add to your thread. It revolves around the idea that Abacha drew the boundaries and the geographical locations of the zones.

Alex Ekwueme addressed this issue in his interview. Both Ekwueme and Abacha are not the sources of the problems that you identified. You need to go back in time for that.

What both Ekwueme and Abacha did was to use the existing states in drawing up the zones

I appreciate your response. But let's be clear. Ekwueme was never in government, neither did he serve under Abacha. So let's point the fingers on the rightful Head of State — Abacha.

Ekwueme said that the South-South consisted of the COR states and the Midwest. What were the boundaries of the COR states and Midwest? That's where the issue is

The willinks commission stated clearly the would be boundaries of the COR states. Do not forget it was only an agitation. And as of 1958 when the idea was muted, Sir Willinks in his findings said those in the Ahoada province (where my zone fall under) where supportive of remaining in the Eastern region with our kinsmen. The same applies to Port-Harcourt province where it was noted that the Ikwerre were not in support of joining the COR states. Although the Ikwerre might have changed their position since the end of the civil war.

As for the COR state, the COR state proposal was only for the non-Igbos. And if a referendum had being carried out it will gave seen us vote to remain in the Eastern region as those in Akoko in Ondo who voted to remain in the Western region. As for the Anioma, despite voting to be excluded from the Western region, they never hide their intention to be part of the East.

Kwara State had been in the Northern Region at Independence. Ekwueme also mentioned this. In drawing up the zones in the North, they used places that already existed in the Northern Region

I would appreciate you if we can see where Ekwueme drew this boundary against the wishes of the Kwara/Kabba who never hid their intention to be part of the SW. If any of such existed, then it‘s fair we see where Ekwueme assisted Abacha in the boundary demarcation.

So you see, it wasn't Ekwueme or Abacha that did this and that's why it is not in my thread.

There was an old thread about this issue (I think it was from 2012 or so), I'll go and search for it.

However, I welcome this thread. It should be interesting.

I'll also give you a boost. Ekwueme hinted at something, and that thing is what I'm going to use to search for the old thread. He mentioned the CORR States. That was a group of minorities that wanted their own state and submitted a petition to the Wilink Commission.

I have a strong suspicion that those agitations at the Wilink Commission influenced Ekwueme in creating the zones. It would be interesting to read them.
I’ll be open to reading the thread you talked about. But truth be told, we were never part of those who agitated for COR state. The Willinks commission made our stance known and we have never changed position since then.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by esnbrutality: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
@helinus who send you??

Guy make i tell you something....NEVER QUOTE me again...

I AM NOT DUMB ...and i dont want you to pass it on to me...kapish??

GTFOH!!....SPITS!! angry angry angry angry angry

Monogamy:

Is that how the Igbos are afraid of South South people that you can't face them head on.. Must anyone speaking as a South South people be impersonator?

5 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Igboid: 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Well.
I don't see anything good in Naptu and will never see. I know his type very well.

On your topic. I agree. Ekwueme actions were limited by faulty state creations that he couldn't alter without having executive powers to do so.

5 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by naptu2: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=Eastlink post=102846613][/quote]

That's what I'm saying Ekwueme and Abacha did not draw a new boundary. What they did was to take whole blocks, based on existing boundaries and fit them into the zones.

Kwara was part of the Northern Region. It was never part of the Western Region. Therefore they fit Kwara into the Northern minorities. The boundary had already been drawn long before the zones were created. The problem is that there are Yorubas there, but they didn't create the problem.

In the south, the Midwest was part of the Western Region. What is the Midwest? Benin and Delta provinces. Are there no Igbos in Delta Province? Of course there are. However, it wasn't Abacha or Ekwueme that created Delta Province or the Midwest. The boundaries already existed.

The only states that Abacha created were Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Nasarawa, Zamfara, Gombe and Ekiti states and none of them involved these problematic boundaries that we are talking about. Those boundaries existed long before 1995.

Read Ekwueme's interview. He addressed these things there. Or better still, I'll quote from that portion.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Ojiofor: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Cc
Naptu
Sammy
Igboid
TonyeBacanista
Ojiofor
Garfield
Edodefence
Abagworo
Helinues

And all others.

Your analysis are as clear as the day.
Thank God the geopolitical zones that gave away Igbo communities in then Eastern region to a minority region is not yet constitutional.

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by naptu2: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
Some have suggested the abolition of the states and for the six geopolitical zones to become the federating bodies. Do you concur?

The states don’t have to be abolished. It is a matter of nomenclature. When we had Eastern Region, we had 12 provinces which Michael Okpara created. Ogoja province, Calabar Province, Uyo Province, Annang Province, Enugu Province, Onitsha Province, Owerri Province, Umuahia Province and Port-Harcourt Province, Degema Province. There were six provinces in the minority areas and six in the Igbo areas, and all these provinces had their provincial commissioners, had their assemblies and had their provincial scholarship boards.

I did my analysis while I was in Kirikiri Prison, the only problem with the form of government that we had with that structure was that it was lopsided. The structure of the regions at independence was such that one region, the North was said to have been bigger than the two other regions, East and West and when even Mid-West was created the North was still bigger than East, West and Midwest and in a parliamentary system based on population, the membership of the parliament allocated more seats to Northern Region than to all other regions put together.

If as they did in the North, they all decided to go into one party, a Northern party, and they elected all their legislators on that party, then they would continue to have the leadership of the country for ever which would not be palatable to the rest of the country. That was one fault in the disparity in the size of the regions.

The second problem I discovered was that within each region, you had majority group and a group of minorities. In the West, the Yoruba were the majority group, and the minority group was what grouped together in what became the Midwest. In the East, the Igbo were the majority and the minority group called themselves the COR State – Calabar, Ogoja, Rivers. In the North, Hausa Fulani were the majority group and the minority were mostly the Middle Belt and to some extent, the Kanuri.

So, you had a struggle within each region between the majority and the minority. So, I decided to cure these two problems that we must have parity of regions between the Old North and the Old South and that was why I decided to have parity of geopolitical zones between the North and the South.

And it also helped to have parity between the majority regions and the minority regions; the majority regions being in the Northwest, mostly Hausa-Fulani, Southwest, mostly Yoruba and the Southeast , mostly Igbo; and the minority regions being Northeast where you have the Kanuri with a number of ethnic groups in Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa and Taraba; and in the North Central you have Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Niger; and in the South you have the minorities in the former Midwestern Region and the minority of the Southeast region who together formed the South-South.

So instead of three regions, you now have six regions; three majority, three minority; three in the North, three in the South – parity between North and South, parity between majority and minority and the apportionment of representation would be as we negotiated with our colonial masters on the basis of which we got our independence.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by naptu2: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
I'll make it simple. You mentioned Kabba Province. Was Kabba Province part of Northern Nigeria before Abacha became head of state? Was it Abacha that made it part of the North?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by BabaOneChance: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Good article, but most of your writeup is merely wishful thinking, which is not a bad thing. I think it's high time my Igbo people stopped forcing or trying to persuade the South South to accept them. If they want to stay independent, let them be. They're happy with the Abacha formula, so it's their choice. I believe the 5 Southeastern states are enough to form a nation of their own.

And lastly, Ondo is my state and it's situated in the southwest. I don't think anything or anyone can change that. Anyway, like I said before, it's all wishful thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ojiofor:

Your analysis are as clear as the day.
Thank God the geopolitical zones that gave away Igbo communities in then Eastern region to a minority region is not yet constitutional.
Exactly, a lot things in this country are not constitutional. Which give space for review.

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
naptu2:
I'll make it simple. You mentioned Kabba Province. Was Kabba Province part of Northern Nigeria before Abacha became head of state? Was it Abacha that made it part of the North?
Kabba province remaining in the north was the decision of the colonial masters. Awolowo appears to have kicked against their carve to the north. Kabba province was suppose to be in the West if we follow due ethnic delineation. The same applies to Asaba province which ought not to be in the west and Benin province which suppose to be the rightful mid-west.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Kabba province remaining in the north was the decision of the colonial masters. Kabba province was suppose to be in the West if we follow due ethnic delineation. The same applies to Asaba province which ought not to be in the west and Benin province which suppose to be the rightful mid-west.

Aha! That's where the blame should be, the Colonial masters. It had nothing to do with either Abacha or Ekwueme and that's why it was not in my thread (it predated them).

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
esnbrutality:
@helinus who send you??

Guy make i tell you something....NEVER QUOTE me again...

I AM NOT DUMB ...and i dont want you to pass it on to me...kapish??

GTFOH!!....SPITS!! angry angry angry angry angry

As usual, leaving the message and blaming others...

So you people are afraid of SS and still afraid of the guy helinus?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Ojiofor: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Exactly, a lot things in this country are not constitutional. Which give space for review.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:
Good article, but most of your writeup is merely wishful thinking, which is not a bad thing. I think it's high time my Igbo people stopped forcing or trying to persuade the South South to accept them. If they want to stay independent, let them be. They're happy with the Abacha formula, so it's their choice. I believe the 5 Southeastern states are enough to form a nation of their own.

And lastly, Ondo is my state and it's situated in the southwest. I don't think anything or anyone can change that. Anyway, like I said before, it's all wishful thinking.
No one is talking about Biafra. I’m talking of an aspiration of a people. Even before Nnamdi Kanu began his distraction, we’ve always maintained our position that we don't belong in the South-South. I used the word we because I speak for my people. From when we were added to Rivers state by Military fiat, our stance have been made from day one.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Rugaria: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
I had this to say in that thread.

You told half of the story..
The fact that you conviniently overlooked was that Abacha went ahead to create more states and in the process caliberated a spurious boundary arrangements between the socalled South East and South South that made sure the SE was helmed in and totally encircled. Essentially, it's not the creation of the new regional blocs that made the SE "landlocked" (if I should borrow their words here), it's the corrupt demarcation of the boundaries..

It's also very poignant to remember that one vindictive Buhari was a big member of that Abachas government as the PTF head. While I agree with most of what you wrote about the hapless views of a placid Ekwueme, it's important to note that this fact you ignored is at the center of the problems going on as it regards the make up of these areas. No one is upset with the regions, what folks are perturbed about is the mindless utilization of these fake boundaries to allienate and devide "border communities" and steal their resources as is the case in places like Egbema and Obigbo

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Rugaria: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:

Like I always say, "We will listen to you guys when you allow Aworis and Eguns to be in their lagos state as you face your ore and Ogbomosho"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu's Trial Is Supposed To Be Opposed Not Monitored- Aloy Ejimakor / IBB And Reuben Abati's Posture Of Incurable Hater / Deeper Life Pastor Becomes Traditional Ruler-elect In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.