Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone (1346 Views)

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ / How Alex Ekwueme Created The Idea Of The South-South Zone. / How Ekwueme, Bisi Onabanjo Plotted Six Geopolitical Zones From Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Like I always say, "We will listen to you guys when you allow Aworis and Eguns to be in their lagos state as you face your ore and Ogbomosho"
One of the things causing tension in this country is our decision to follow colonial and military stratification of nationhood. And many of us hold on to our gun by allowing such rigid Constitution.

The SNC as constituted by GEJ would have naturally drew us closer to a true nationhood had the former President implemented it. People makes a nation, and laws in a nation should stand for the people instead of colonial heritage or miltary a decree which never consulted those that make up the so-called nation. It will give rise to insubordination to constituted authority and anarchy.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by esnbrutality: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
@helinus...

its pitiful and disgusting exchanging banters with you.

Truly disgusting.....spits! angry angry angry angry

Monogamy:

As usual, leaving the message and blaming others...

So you people are afraid of SS and still afraid of the guy helinus?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
Monogamy:
shocked

Any story that does not suit your narration, you people must find a way of twisting same story.

The Naptu thread was about how South South came to be. It wasn't about whether the creation was right or wrong
How south-south came to be is not my talking point. I followed his article closely. I felt he should have gone ahead to give us more historical perspective of the creation from the COR agitation. Those who wanted out and those who didn't want to join. The COR and Mid-West make up the present South-South by Abacha.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by BabaOneChance: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Like I always say, "We will listen to you guys when you allow Aworis and Eguns to be in their lagos state as you face your ore and Ogbomosho"
Both Awori and Egun people are still in the Southwest (Ogun and Lagos) and they're Yoruba. Southwest and Yoruba emboldened for emphasis. And, by the way, have you seen them complain of forceful amalgamation? No.

Nobody stops you from traveling from on part of the 5 Southeastern states to another as you wish. But don't you smell hypocrisy when you keep dragging south south, who don't want to identify with you, and still complain that Nigeria has refused to give you Biafra?

I'm partly Igbo too but I have to say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Gravatar: 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
I have observed that some bigots lace their tribalism with 'maturity' on this forum.

They are hardcore tribalists but always appear diplomatic & mature on the outside so you don't call them out. They put distorted or misquoted 'facts' out in public & wait patiently for their much bolder colleagues to carry on their evil work.

They never 'fact-check' against the government despite its numerous gaffes but they are usually quick to proffer same against their perceived 'enemies'.

They are dangerous.

Lol.

Perfect description of the naptu2 guy

He likes to cloak his bigotry with "maturity"

Soon, soon.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by strykr: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:

Both Awori and Egun people are still in the Southwest (Ogun and Lagos) and they're Yoruba. Southwest and Yoruba emboldened for emphasis. And, by the way, have you seen them complain of forceful amalgamation? No.

Nobody stops you from traveling from on part of the 5 Southeastern states to another as you wish. But don't you smell hypocrisy when you keep dragging south south, who don't want to identify with you, and still complain that Nigeria has refused to give you Biafra?

I don't get. Did you hit your head as a kid, or you're just deficient at reading and understand ? The OP is from rivers state in the south south, and is talking of how him and his people wish to join his brothers in the south east. What the heck are you rambling about? Its pathetic how much dumb people this nation produces nowadays.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Ignorance
We are all Yoruba
I am Egba and abule egba and environs belong to us
Only egun are not yoruba
Even ijebu has a lot of land in Lagos state
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
esnbrutality:
@helinus...

its pitiful and disgusting exchanging banters with you.

Truly disgusting.....spits! angry angry angry angry

@ bolded, point out to where I have thrown tantrum on this thread not exchange banter...

Whenever you people are caught around the box, you must find a way of shifting goal post
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
I have observed that some bigots lace their tribalism with 'maturity' on this forum.

They are hardcore tribalists but always appear diplomatic & mature on the outside so you don't call them out. They put distorted or misquoted 'facts' out in public & wait patiently for their much bolder colleagues to carry on their evil work.

They never 'fact-check' against the government despite its numerous gaffes but they are usually quick to proffer same against their perceived 'enemies'.

They are dangerous.

As usual, ignoring the message while firing on the messenger... Why not present your own facts? For how long would you guys continue with this blame game whenever facts are presented to you?

Funnily, your narrations are only suitable to your people only not to the neutral observers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:

I'm sure that they don't know that Egba has land in Lagos state
Yes
Abule egba is for Egba
I am Egba

And egun is not yoruba but they are related to us
An average egun will tell you that he is yoruba
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
theTranslator:

Ignorance
We are all Yoruba
Only egun are not yoruba
You are right. Awori and Ijebu’s are Yoruba’s. Egun is a wide mark and fits the term minority. Egun’s fate is with Yorubaland unless everyone in Africa goes mad and begin to redraw the Berlin map which will see Egun join Dahomey republic while Anagos in Benin/Togo joins Oduduwa. But for the time being, everyone is focused in their country affair. Nigerians are discussing their ethic delineation and trying to review rigid Constitutions, the same might be happening in Benin right now.

So Egun and Awori are settled in a West what remains is Kwara and Kabba.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
How south-south came to be is not my talking point. I followed his article closely. I felt he should have gone ahead to give us more historical perspective of the creation from the COR agitation. Those who wanted out and those who didn't want to join. The COR and Mid-West make up the present South-South by Abacha.

@ emboldened, you could have added your own facts with your rejoinder.. That op only create threads with facts, if he doesn't have it, you should not expect him to post it.

Do you have further details to shed on the COR?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Monogamy:

@ emboldened, you could have added your own facts with your rejoinder.. That op only create threads with facts, if he doesn't have it, you should not expect him to post it.

Do you have further detail to shed on that?
That would be in another thread with documents and other research to add to it.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
That would be in another thread with documents and other research to add to it.

Then do that and invite all to debate on it...
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
You are right. Awori and Ijebu’s are Yoruba’s. Egun is a wide mark and fits the term minority. Egun’s fate is with Yorubaland unless everyone in Africa goes mad and begin to redraw the Berlin map which will see Egun join Dahomey republic while Anagos in Benin/Togo joins Oduduwa. But for the time being, everyone is focused in their country affair. Nigerians are discussing their ethic delineation and trying to review rigid Constitutions, the same might be happening in Benin right now.

So Egun and Awori are settled in a West what remains is Kwara and Kabba.
They (egun) are not complaining
They have mixed with us and are happy
Same as the popo and sabe are

You're the most informed and wise ipob I've seen on nairaland

We just need restructuring into regionalism
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Rugaria: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
theTranslator:

Ignorance
We are all Yoruba
Only egun are not yoruba

You see the problem with you guys!?
Your treacherous penchant for speaking from both sides of your mouth!

The same relationship you want to have with your Yoruba sub-groups is the same relationship we want to have with our Igbo subgroups!
Aworis and Eguns are to you the same thing Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, ndonis etc are to us!
We don't come from the east to tell you that Aworis or Eguns are not Yorubas. Neither do we tell you that Lagos is not Yoruba!

So you shouldn't be caught pokenosing in our brotherly squabbles in the east! You lot want to show us the borders between us and the Ikwerres and others.
But to us they're a subgroup of Igbos the same way Aworis are a subgroup of Yorubas! Irrespective of what anyone says...

You understand how it works now?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
Monogamy:

Then do that and invite all to debate on it...
Ok, I’ll keep time for that. Let me add your your moniker to the first edit so that I can easily copy it to the future thread.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Monogamy: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Ok, I’ll keep time for that. Let me add your your moniker to the first edit so that I can easily copy it to the future thread.

Better. Nigeria history generally, we have different versions of events based on tribe/region/religion.

Discussing about it maturely is only way to know the truth.. So many mistakes needed to be corrected
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

You see the problem with you guys!?
Your treacherous penchant for speaking from both sides of your mouth!

The same relationship you want to have with your Yoruba sub-groups is the same relationship we want to have with our Igbo subgroups!
Aworis and Eguns are to you the same thing Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, ndonis etc are to us!
We don't come from the east to tell you that Aworis or Eguns are not Yorubas. Neither do we tell you that Lagos is not Yoruba!

So you shouldn't be caught pokenosing in our brotherly squabbles in the east! You lot want to show us the borders between us and the Ikwerres and others.
But to us they're a subgroup of Igbos the same way Aworis are a subgroup of Yorubas! Irrespective of what anyone says...

You understand how it works now?
They (the "Igbo" minorities) don't want to be in your biafra
Let them be

As far as your guys keep insulting Yoruba we will have to continue the status quo

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by BabaOneChance: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
strykr:

I don't get. Did you hit your head as a kid, or you're just deficient at reading and understand ? The OP is from rivers state in the south south, and is talking of how him and his people wish to join his brothers in the south east. What the heck are you rambling about? Its pathetic how much dumb people this nation produces nowadays.
You're just displaying stupidity to get noticed. Otherwise, you ought to have known I wasn't replying to op.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Rugaria: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
theTranslator:

Let them be

As far as your guys keep insulting Yoruba we will have to continue the status quo

Nobody is forcing them to join!
You are the one fronting that accusation.
There will be a referendum and they will choose the path they will take;
Whether they will stick with their kiths and kins or whether they will join the Jihadi Republic of Oduuwaristan! It's their choice really!
They can join their progressive neighbors to build a grand state or they can join some skull mining republic to continue where Nigeria stops!

Meanwhile, when are you going to give the Aworis and Eguns of Lagos state the chance to choose whether to stay alone in Lagos as a country, since the Lagos economy can compare favorably with that of other states in West Africa, ...or join you too in your emerging Républic? After all the Oba of Lagos has earned you to leave lagos alone..
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Nobody is forcing them to join!
You are the one fronting that accusation.
There will be a referendum and they will choose the path they will take;
Whether they will stick with their kiths and kins or whether they will join the Jihadi Republic of Oduuwaristan! It's their choice really!
They can join their progressive neighbors to build a grand state or they can join some skull mining republic to continue where Nigeria stops!

Meanwhile, when are you going to give the Aworis and Eguns of Lagos state the chance to choose whether to stay alone in Lagos as a country, since the Lagos economy can compare favorably with that of other states in West Africa, ...or join you too in your emerging Républic? After all the Oba of Lagos has earned you to leave lagos alone..
Now they are your kith and kin right?
Didn't one of you insult ikwerre not long on nairaland?
Don't you insult ika everyday?

The connection between Yoruba and her "minorities" can never be existent between Igbo and hers
That's the truth

No need for staying alone
Lagos is for
Egun
Awori
Ijebu
Egba

So stfu

I'm egba
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Igboid: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2021
19. “The people of Ahoada, a Division of which a pan runs down to meet Port Harcourt, appear at one time to have favoured the idea of a Rivers state, but have changed their views and before us expressed themselves as strongly against it. Comparatively few of them live in the low-lying swampy country of the coastal strip and they have voted for the NCNC consistently, they said themselves that a main factor in their change of front had been the inclusion if the Western Ijaws in the proposed state. So long, they said, as the Rivers state was to consist of the River Province only, the Ibos would have been the most numerous tribe within it: but the inclusion of the Western Ijaw Division put them at a numerical disadvantage beside the Ijaws and they therefore preferred to stay out. Whether or not this was a line of reasoning that really had a wide appeal, the fact remain that before us they were opposed to the idea of the state. This is not surprising because their problems are different from those of the ijaws.”

20. “To include within a River state Ahoada and Port Harcourt, would, we believe, create a problem as acute as that with which we were asked to deal at present and and would be sharply resented by the Ibos of the central plateau.”
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by BabaOneChance: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
theTranslator:

Let them be

The emboldened sums up my argument. Both Wike and Amaechi have refused to identify as Igbos. Other notable south south leaders have either ignored or subtly refused to acknowledge the attachment. Why can't my people accept what they have and move on?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Igboid: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
Igboid:
19. “The people of Ahoada, a Division of which a pan runs down to meet Port Harcourt, appear at one time to have favoured the idea of a Rivers state, but have changed their views and before us expressed themselves as strongly against it. Comparatively few of them live in the low-lying swampy country of the coastal strip and they have voted for the NCNC consistently, they said themselves that a main factor in their change of front had been the inclusion if the Western Ijaws in the proposed state. So long, they said, as the Rivers state was to consist of the River Province only, the Ibos would have been the most numerous tribe within it: but the inclusion of the Western Ijaw Division put them at a numerical disadvantage beside the Ijaws and they therefore preferred to stay out. Whether or not this was a line of reasoning that really had a wide appeal, the fact remain that before us they were opposed to the idea of the state. This is not surprising because their problems are different from those of the ijaws.”

20. “To include within a River state Ahoada and Port Harcourt, would, we believe, create a problem as acute as that with which we were asked to deal at present and and would be sharply resented by the Ibos of the central plateau.”

This is the info from Willink report on COR movement.

If the COR movement was subjected under a referendum like the Midwest creation.
Igbos in Ahoada (Ekpeye, EGBEMA Ogba,Ndoni) and PH province ( Ikwerre, Etche) would have chosen Eastern region over old Rivers State.
And the Ogoja minorities would have chosen Easte central state too over being in same State with Ibibios and Efiks.

The only way COR creation would have happened was by military fiat as it did and then post civil war Igbophobic agenda to make the people to hate Igbos and accept the newly created states.
Yes there were people from all these areas campaigning for COR, but they were by no means the majority in their homelands.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Igboid: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
If Yoruba fights a war in Nigeria today and lose. Then it wouldn't be hard to fan anti Yoruba agenda among Ijebus and Aworis in Lagos. You will just hand power over to the already existent anti Yoruba unity groups there and dethrone all the currently pro Yoruba unity there.
Ijebu already have history of difficulty in accepting Yoruba unity in the past, so it wouldn't be a difficult job to sow such seeds there.
Egun is not even Yoruba to start with.

Boro literally had to kill all pro Biafra Ijaw elders during the war. To make way for anti Igbo rhetorics and Agenda promoting ones to rise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:

The emboldened sums up my argument. Both Wike and Amaechi have refused to identify as Igbos. Other notable south south leaders have either ignored or subtly refused to acknowledge the attachment. Why can't my people accept what they have and move on?
That's it
A people are who they say they are
Austrians speak German
Have German culture
Yet have their separate country
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by 143WaZoBia: 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Have ever met an Awori man before? Do you know what language they speak?
Do you know that the likes of MC Oluomo is Awori?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by theTranslator: 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Igboid:
If Yoruba fights a war in Nigeria today and lose. Then it wouldn't be hard to fan anti Yoruba agenda among Ijebus and Aworis in Lagos. You will just hand power over the already existent anti Yoruba unity groups three and dethrone all the currently pro Yoruba unity there.
Ijebu already have history of difficulty in accepting Yoruba unity in the past, so it wouldn't be a difficult job to sow such seeds there.
Egun is not even Yoruba to start with.
Lol grin
What language is this?
Are you confused?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by 143WaZoBia: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
theTranslator:

Ignorance
We are all Yoruba
Only egun are not yoruba
That man is reading lies.
He has never met any Awori man before. It amazes me how people can be ignorant and mischievous at the same time.
Beside Yoruba language does Awori have another language?
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by Eastlink(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
143WaZoBia:

Have ever met an Awori man before? Do you know what language they speak?
Do you know that the likes of MC Oluomo is Awori?
MC Oluomo Awori? I’m a Lagosian bro. MC Oluomo is from Kwara. Do you know the reason Kunle Poly is fighting him? Kunle is Isale Eko.
Re: Rejoinder To Naptu‘s Thread: How Ekwueme Created The South-South Zone by 143WaZoBia: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Monogamy:

As usual, ignoring the message while firing on the messenger... Why not present your own facts? For how long would you guys continue with this blame game whenever facts are presented to you?

Funnily , your narrations are only suitable to your people only not to the neutral observers
Your last paragraph is everything.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flaws In The Judgment Of The High Court In The VAT Case / Have You Noticed That It Is Only Igbo News That Excites Nigerians? / What do you think about this picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.