Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings (19446 Views)

Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by iiiyyyk(m): 12:15am On May 07, 2011
ohakim failed the imo people when he played with their dearest industry
EDUCATION. by indiscriminate increase of school fees at all levels. he should for once be a gentle man and accept defeat.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by coolpapa: 12:33am On May 07, 2011
its high time Ohakim accepts defeat. he can't make it to the top as long as imo state is concern. Rochas remains the prime guberniterial candidate in imo state
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by lacidi: 6:50am On May 07, 2011
Results live now on AIT and Channels TV

Ohaji Egbema
APGA - 15,234
PDP - 11,588

Ngor Okpala
APGA - 17,370
PDP - 9,237

Mbaitoli coming next. Oguta cancelled.

Its a great day for Imolites!!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Fogman(m): 6:58am On May 07, 2011
In the face of threat, bribe, corruption, etc Imolites have spoken with their votes. UP ROCHAS, UP IMO
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Odunnu: 6:58am On May 07, 2011
Let Rochas be declared winner o! Biko nu!its taking too long jare.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 7:09am On May 07, 2011
The peoples (APGA) foot soldiers never sleep nor slumber.

Solotonye and other Ohakim paid web masters cannot use propagander to pull us down
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by joe4christ(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2011
smileyMehn i love this rochas of a man,
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by princedannyluv: 7:20am On May 07, 2011
I have never seen a situation where two opponents in election would have a stalemate, I don't think it is ever done. We all know that Ohakim can never compete with Rochas when it comes to a one man one vote. So Jega and his team know what is right, they better do it than cause war in Nigeria,
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 7:22am On May 07, 2011
Mbaitolu youth don't give that so called REC one second breath until he releases the result to allow people to pop champagne
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On May 07, 2011
The results have been declared for two LGA'S and Chief Rochas Okorocha IS winning. The speaker Imo state House of Assembly also lost his bid to retain his seat.In one of the LGAs Ohaji-Egbema APGA ’s candidate Chief Rochas Okorocha scored a total of 15,397 votes to beat theincumbent who trailed behind with 11,381 votes. APGA ’s house of assembly candidate score 14,519 to trounce the incumbent speaker ’s 12,281.Good news to the state and welcome a new era
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by obicmag(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2011
Ochinawata! Ochinaokorobia! Ochinaokii! hmm,how many times did i call you, democracy is driven by the masses votes and not by few political god fathers. You better hide your face in shame and accept defeat. The voice of the people is the voice of God. The people of Imo state have spoken. Rochas all the way.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 7:58am On May 07, 2011
The last remaining valid election count.  
Mbaitoli:
APGA 24,500
PDP 12,30

Will Jega declare Rochas winner. We wait to see, the Oguta legible voters is 90,000 and the difference is far lesser than this.

Let's have our fingers crossed
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by lacidi: 8:05am On May 07, 2011
Mbaitoli

APGA - 24,205
PDP - 12,278

APGA has won the Imo state elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a day!!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by globalfanz(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2011
Roch is the winner. Praise God
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by nwaigbomg(m): 8:12am On May 07, 2011
prof Edoga doing his job quite well

the God we serve is faithful, he never abandoned imo people in this crucial time

despite the antics of the enemies, the wishes of God and the people of imo state have finally prevailed

God bless imo people and owelle
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by globalfanz(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2011
My greatest happiness is that Ohakiya brought out our money he stole. My people took it but did not morgage their conscince it is a new dawn in Imo state. Our politicians should know that time has gone when u talk about Arthur Nzeribe or Iwuanyanwu or other power blocks. The people decide. We entrone who will lead us and not few people coming on a round table to decide. Ohakiya was bussy floging Imolites and calling them names cos he felt with state fund he can remain in power. Thanks to all Imelites for dream come true.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by obicmag(m): 8:24am On May 07, 2011
God has finally vindicated the people of imo state. Rochas our man.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by friedrice1: 8:28am On May 07, 2011
Ohaji-Egbema LGA-

No of Registered Voters= 79,555
Total Valid Votes: 27,176
Rejected Votes= 1,270

APGA= 15,334
PDP=11,588

APGA (Rochas Okorocha) Wins in Ohaji-Egbema Local Government Area

Mgor Okpala Local Government Area-

Returning Officer- Prof. Madu Aniegbu

No of Registered Voters= 72,066

Total Valid Votes= 27, 662

Rejected Votes=1,639

APGA= 17, 370

PDP= 9,237
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by friedrice1: 8:30am On May 07, 2011
Rochas is the Governor-elect
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by mcbertin: 8:32am On May 07, 2011
Whats the update? Has the winner been declared by INEC
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by otokx(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2011
still waiting
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by globalfanz(m): 8:45am On May 07, 2011
Good morning Owele Rochas. You are our man. I want to quickly chip in something as you take the mantle of leadership. Ohakiyas problem is that he comes on air calling Imolites names, the people that will decide his tommorows stay in offie. Apart from that he is known to be floging people both inside and outside government house. The climax of the floging was the one Ohakiya did to a Rev father- a special property of God. Please handle all men of God with care irrespective of his or her church of origin. Ohakiya scammed Imorian youths with provision of jobs. ohakiya took their money, went on air to call them names without the provision of jobs. State funds were used without consultations with state assembly. Uncompleted roads and other projects everywhere which he has declares completed. Many of them are completed on the sign post In a nut shell avoid every Ohakiya's way of administration. Imorians love u and you must not betray the trus. Involve us in things u do. May God be with u as you take the mantle of leadership.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Onlytruth(m): 8:47am On May 07, 2011
My Imo state brothers never let me down any day. cool

This election has proven the character of Imo citizens.
We in Anambra state need to copy this tenacity of purpose our Imo brothers have demonstrated once again. We give up too easily. undecided cry undecided

It is time Imo lead Ndigbo to the promised land. cool

This election is not really just about Rochas Okorocha.
It is about voting out a non-performing governor even if he is supported by the highest power in the land.
This is just what we need in Igboland.

Umu nnem, jisie nu ike. Anyi kwu unu n'azu. cool
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Knight1(m): 9:03am On May 07, 2011
please who is that man announcing the results?
i'm very disappointed in his public conduct, no organisation, no tact, just acting like he is in his bedroom. angry
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by owobokiri(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2011
The silent point here is the influence of religion in the lives of an average easterner. That governor did many things that attracted nothing but hatred from his people but he took stu-pi-dity too far when he abused a Rev Father. Imo state is not just another christian state, it is the bastion of catholicism in Nigeria. When I read that he humuliated a preist so openly and was determined to even humuliate him more just to cover the original sin, I knew he was playing with fire.

If the 3 catholic bishops in Imo state come out today and ask their suffering congregation to demote a governor, that governor will be history within 24 hours. The church is that powerfull in that part of the country, and I assume that the main problem militating against popular uprising against bad leadershipo in Nigeria is the apparent "conservatism" of the religous leaders. They have the biggest and most loyal army in Nigeria but have never used it with the exception of some ignorant mullahs in the north who call for massacers whenever they are bored.

Ohakims troubles started with his arrogance and grew as he seem unable to grasp the importance of religion and ordained men in the lives of his people. By the way, Imo state has a knack for massive uprising. The people of that state share a common ancestry and as such are easy/willing to agree to strike at a target in moment of anger. Remember Otokoto? I feel we may witness such a situation if the result of this election is tampered with. With all his much talked about education, i expected more from Ohakim. Seems like he was busy "flogging" every D-i-c-k tom and harry to know what was happening around him.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by jawjaw1: 9:07am On May 07, 2011
Thank God for He has freed us from the grasp of that nonentity called Ohakim.

I should be in ala Nnam in the next 4 - 5 hrs and will be rejoicing with my people.

May this be the beginning of great things for Imo land.

Owelle Rochas, congratulations, and God use you to begin the renewal.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Lasgidi001(m): 9:08am On May 07, 2011
Dat man ohakim personaly flogged in his office should rejoice. No more immunity after may 29. Ohakim should get ready litigatn and compesatn. At least he has stolen enuf 2 compesate d man.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by globalfanz(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

My Imo state brothers never let me down any day. cool

This election has proven the character of Imo citizens.
We in Anambra state need to copy this tenacity of purpose our Imo brothers have demonstrated once again. We give up too easily. undecided cry undecided

It is time Imo lead Ndigbo to the promised land. cool

This election is not really just about Rochas Okorocha.
It is about voting out a non-performing governor even if he is supported by the highest power in the land.
This is just what we need in Igboland.

Umu nnem, jisie nu ike. Anyi kwu unu n'azu. cool

@onlytruth
Thanks Onlytruth. God will do what he did for us for Anambrarians too. It takes diligence to achieve.
Again we recognised that SINCE OUR ENEMIES ARE AWAKE 24/7 WE DO NOT HAVE ANY BUSINESS SLEEPING.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Sonofpeace(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2011
Coming from Enugu, i truely admire the courage and perseverance of the people of IMO state and i pray that one day my state(Enugu) will attain this fit. The most interesting part of all this is that they achieved their goal without the lose of a single human life.
This victory is not for Imo people alone, but its for the whole of Nigeria democracy because realistically speaking no state has ever done what this people did and later come out victorious.
Indeed, all the good people of southeast are proud of them.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by enyojo(f): 9:20am On May 07, 2011
Please can someone with God's kind of mind tabulate the results from the 4 LGAs for us to see?
I'm attending a wedding and can't get the real details right now.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Upright750: 9:25am On May 07, 2011
Please my people, I need real update, Has INEC came up with the winner or final result. I need to know the winner, UP ROCHAS FOR CHANGE .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds / Photos From Osinbajo ECOWAS Summit In Ghana / #ZabarmariMassacre; Boko Haram Killed 110 Nigerian Farmers - United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.