Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings (19425 Views)

Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by nduchucks: 12:30pm On May 07, 2011
The law is on Ohakim's side if he decides to fight INEC. Rochas' people disrupted elections in Oguta LGA resulting in the cancellation of elections there.  This cancellation effectively gave Rocha victory because Ohakim would have soundly defeated Rocha in the said LGA.

I suspect however that the courts will rule in favour of Rochas because Ohakim's margin of victory in Oguta may not be enough to change the outcome of the election.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Donmeca(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2011
To think that he was not allowed a space for rallies and was forced to invent mobile stages for his campaigns, Rochas has proved he is loved by all. Another factor may be the desire of Imolites to move away from Ohakim's noise and brutality to a new place. I will not rule out the effect and followership of the Catholic Church whose priests were the object of stripping and beating d Ohakim thugs/security personnel.

Congrats Imo
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by namdo(m): 12:40pm On May 07, 2011
(((WINDS OF POSITIVE CHANGE HAS BLOWN AT MY BELOVED IMO)))

WELCOME TO A NEW DAWN, THE PEOPLE HAD THEIR WORD STOOD.

CONGRATS IMO!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by rasputinn(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2011
Donmeca:

To think that he was not allowed a space for rallies and was forced to invent mobile stages for his campaigns, Rochas has proved he is loved by all. Another factor may be the desire of Imolites to move away from Ohakim's noise and brutality to a new place. I will not rule out the effect and followership of the Catholic Church whose priests were the object of stripping and beating d Ohakim thugs/security personnel.

Congrats Imo

Well said @Donmeca,Ohakim was just a tiny tramp that used his security paraphernalia to brutalise people,I hoped the people of Imo state would do the right thing and vote him out,and out they booted him
Well done men and women of the eastern heartland
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Eagle75: 12:47pm On May 07, 2011
I just saw this on a FB wall

With gratitude to almighty God, for a tenure terribly spent, we regret to announce d sudden NATIONAL DISGRACE of our dear political maradona, Chief Sir Dr. Ikiri Imo [ochi ka nwata],
Till his sudden disgrace he was
Survived By:
*Oguta Wonder Lake -Billboard
*Oak Refinery Ohaji -Billboard
*Nworie River Resort -Magazine
*Owerri Ring Road -Billboard
*10,000 jobs 4 imolites -Newspaper
*300 roads in 30 days -Signboard
*Imo Int'l Cargo Airport -TV Advert
*Okigwe Int'l Stadium -Billboard
*Imo Twin Towers -News Paper
and a host of other relations,
Please attatch your tributes for publication
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by papaejima2: 12:50pm On May 07, 2011
Dede1:

If the alleged news that election was not conducted in Oguta LGA is true, the Imo State gubernatorial election result that declared Rochas the winner has a day in Court of Appeals. Democracy does not encourage disenfranchisement of any group people. I am afraid the whole thing is a setup for court battle which could truncate the political joy expressed by the people of Imo State toward initial INEC pronouncements.  

Man please do not spread falsehood here. The law is very clear on this. The best reprieve Ohakim could get from the courts is a declaration that elections be conducted in Oguta LGA if it is established that the result from this area could possibly alter the final results. That is the only prayer that could be granted to him,  the results of the other 26 LGAs can not be canceled on account of what happened in Oguta.

If the courts order fresh elections in Oguta, Rochas would step down for the Speaker to act as Governor until the Oguta elections are conducted. With Rochas leading by over 46,000 and Ohakim out of power by then, I don't see how he can possibly tilt victory to his side with Oguta. He knows this and I don't think he bother himself with such an expensive and ominously fruitless venture.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by nwaghana: 12:53pm On May 07, 2011
Dede1:

If the alleged news that election was not conducted in Oguta LGA is true, the Imo State gubernatorial election result that declared Rochas the winner has a day in Court of Appeals. Democracy does not encourage disenfranchisement of any group people. I am afraid the whole thing is a setup for court battle which could truncate the political joy expressed by the people of Imo State toward initial INEC pronouncements.  

I think the Electoral Act encourages the genuine disenfranchisement of group of people.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by OAM4J: 1:03pm On May 07, 2011
Interesting! Congrats Imolites!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by ndigbo: 1:13pm On May 07, 2011
My appreciation first goes to almight God for making us Imolites see that there is Darkness in Sir Cheif Dr Ikiri Imo. And to my brothers and sisters, Fathers and Mothers i want say a big thank you to us all for coming out to vote and actually defended our votes not giving in to fear and Intimidation used by Ikiri imo!
Thankyou and thank you once again my Umunne!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by texazzpete(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2011
ceejayclas:

Official from INEC

19 GUBERNITORIAL CANDIDATE
INEC DECLARATION OF RESULT OF IMO STATE

I PROF. HILLARY OGBO EDOGA THE VICE CHANCELLOR UMUDIKE HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I WAS THE RETURNING OFFICER. FURTHER STATE THAT ELECTION WAS CONTESTED
AND CANDIDATE RECIEVE THE FOLLOWING VOTES
ACN 107068
ALP 1070
ANPP 3313
APGA 336,859
APN 1336
ENPP 234
CDC 447
CPC 3053
DPP 563
FPN 101
FRESH 122
LP 1449
PDP 290,496
LPLP 1103

THAT OKOROCHA ROCHAS OF APGA IS HEREBY DECLARED THE WINNER AND IS HEREBY RETURNED ELECTED.

Those figures above show an apprx. 50% turnout of registered voters in this election. meanwhile in the presidential elections, they told us that 83% of Imo registered voters came out to vote for GEJ.
I wonder when we will move past mindless rigging in Nigeria.

PS: Congrats to Rochas Okorocha. I've always despised that Ohakim fellow for being an incompetent bully. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I've heard tales of Igbos in markets in far away Lagos doing their victory dance. Shows you how much this lout was hated.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ericology(m): 1:31pm On May 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The law is on Ohakim's side if he decides to fight INEC. Rochas' people disrupted elections in Oguta LGA resulting in the cancellation of elections there.  This cancellation effectively gave Rocha victory because Ohakim would have soundly defeated Rocha in the said LGA.

I suspect however that the courts will rule in favour of Rochas because Ohakim's margin of victory in Oguta may not be enough to change the outcome of the election.

U must be high on something, Even his right hand man, the speaker of Imo house of assembly from neighboring Ohaji/Egbema lost his ward and LGA to Tsunami/APGA, In fact, had the elections been free. Ohakim wld have won only 2 LGAs instead of 11, Isiala mbano[his home] and Ahiazu Mbaise[his deputy's abode
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Dede1(m): 2:16pm On May 07, 2011
nwa-ghana:

I think the Electoral Act encourages the genuine disenfranchisement of group of people.

I do not foresee where the electoral act supersedes Nigerian constitution. It must be a twist of irony and mockery of democracy in Nigeria if its electoral act would genuinely disenfranchisement group of people. If your plank of the argument should stand, I suggest that Rochas Okorocha should be disqualified and disenfranchised including those who voted him.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 07, 2011
Eagle75:

I just saw this on a FB wall

With gratitude to almighty God, for a tenure terribly spent, we regret to announce d sudden NATIONAL DISGRACE of our dear political maradona, Chief Sir Dr. Ikiri Imo [ochi ka nwata],
Till his sudden disgrace he was
Survived By:
*Oguta Wonder Lake -Billboard
*Oak Refinery Ohaji -Billboard
*Nworie River Resort -Magazine
*Owerri Ring Road -Billboard
*10,000 jobs 4 imolites -Newspaper
*300 roads in 30 days -Signboard
*Imo Int'l Cargo Airport -TV Advert
*Okigwe Int'l Stadium -Billboard
*Imo Twin Towers -News Paper
and a host of other relations,
Please attatch your tributes for publication

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Dede1(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The law is on Ohakim's side if he decides to fight INEC. Rochas' people disrupted elections in Oguta LGA resulting in the cancellation of elections there.  This cancellation effectively gave Rocha victory because Ohakim would have soundly defeated Rocha in the said LGA.

As much as I should agree with you the law is on Ohakim side if he chooses to head to court over Oguta LGA electoral debacle, I believe the essence of the law is not based seemingly on the possible outcome.

The margin of possible victory or lack thereof does not factor in the execution of the law. The law says that election must be conducted regardless of the possible or what seemed to be the outcome. If election is not conducted in Oguta LGA, there is looming court battle in Imo State. I am not going to second guess the election tribunal or Court of Appeals.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 07, 2011
texazzpete:

Those figures above show an apprx. 50% turnout of registered voters in this election. meanwhile in the presidential elections, they told us that 83% of Imo registered voters came out to vote for GEJ.

PS: Congrats to Rochas Okorocha. I've always despised that Ohakim fellow for being an incompetent bully. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I've heard tales of Igbos in markets in far away Lagos doing their victory dance. Shows you how much this lout was hated.

I can assure you that 70% of the voters in the South South and South East registered just becuase of Jonathan. They kept telling who so ever cares that were it not for Jonathan, they would not had bothered.

They did not bother to vote during the National Assembly, but during the Presidential polls, they (not even they but we) came out in their numbers to vote not for PDP, or ACN, or CPC or anyother party but simply for JONATHAN.

The guber polls witnessed a low turn just for that reason alone.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Dede1(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2011
papa ejima:

Man please do not spread falsehood here. The law is very clear on this. The best reprieve Ohakim could get from the courts is a declaration that elections be conducted in Oguta LGA if it is established that the result from this area could possibly alter the final results. That is the only prayer that could be granted to him, the results of the other 26 LGAs can not be canceled on account of what happened in Oguta.

If the courts order fresh elections in Oguta, Rochas would step down for the Speaker to act as Governor until the Oguta elections are conducted. With Rochas leading by over 46,000 and Ohakim out of power by then, I don't see how he can possibly tilt victory to his side with Oguta. He knows this and I don't think he bother himself with such an expensive and ominously fruitless venture.

What you wrote is not different from what I have previous posted. I do not think the electoral act is based on possible outcome or result of election but the conduct of election itself. My post is not information or news but a scenario of possible outcome if Ohakim chooses to challenge the INEC results.

The manner in which you have written your post does not indicate you are capable of handling the intrigues of democracy. Nigerians are very funny people indeed.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Odunnu: 2:49pm On May 07, 2011
texazzpete:

there's no mystery in that at all. Quite a number of people I personally know didnt vote in the gubernatorials but its just unheard of not to vote in the presidential.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by globalfanz(m): 2:51pm On May 07, 2011
let Ohakiya go to court for whatever reason. We will meet him there and still terrorise him. Ohakiya remains a looser. So every thing is settled. There is no issue at all Oguta or no Oguta. Please join me I am purping champains here.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by afrika(f): 2:57pm On May 07, 2011
‎''i will win hands down.i will win with very wide margin.i have the people.politics is about structures,cos i have the structures.is not about someone dancing infront of tv camera''

i know i will win Imo State again, Ohakim
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by bros1234(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2011
Our online poll has now been proved to reflect the wishes of the people

Who Do You Want to Win Imo State Governorship Election

Owelle Rochas Okorocha 85.27% (110 votes)

Governor Ikedi Ohakim 14.73% (19 votes)

Senator Ararume 0% (0 votes)

Other: 0% (0 votes)

Total Votes: 129

http://imostate.betterlifeng.com/

Long Live Imolites. Ohakim come back to Lagos and continue your yahoo yahoo
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by funlover1(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2011
I just saw Ohakim in owerri now negotiating with a truck driver who will help him pack his properties from the government house back to his village,
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by bros1234(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2011
So now who will own the IMO STATE Official website that Ohakim used for evil propaganda. Check out the website and see the headlines there

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/

Okiham, farewell!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by bros1234(m): 3:21pm On May 07, 2011
This is time for reconcilliation. It is time for everyone to join hands together and lets build Imo. I call on all to see this election as no victor, no vanquished, rather an opportunity for all Imolites to forge a way forward for all our sons and daughters.

Long Live Imo Land
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by sundayidok(m): 3:48pm On May 07, 2011
Up Rochas Okorocha of APGA is the winner www.saharareporters.com
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by chijike(m): 4:15pm On May 07, 2011
congratulations Imo state! I love u all
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by dantechnig: 4:59pm On May 07, 2011
ROCHAS OKOROCHA OF THE APGA PARTY JUST WON THE CONCLUDED IMO POLLS ELECTION

IKIRI THE FORMER GOVERNOR IS CRYING
HE DISAPPOINTED THE PEOPLE OF OKIGWE ZONE,MBANO AND THE ENTIRE IMO PEOPLE
MAY GOD FORGIVE HIM
BECAUSE HIS EVIL DID CAN NOT BE FORGIVEN BY IMO PEOPLE
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by papaejima2: 5:23pm On May 07, 2011
Dede1:

What you wrote is not different from what I have previous posted. I do not think the electoral act is based on possible outcome or result of election but the conduct of election itself. My post is not information or news but a scenario of possible outcome if Ohakim chooses to challenge the INEC results.

The manner in which you have written your post does not indicate you are capable of handling the intrigues of democracy. Nigerians are very funny people indeed.

What I wrote is definitely different from your uninformed view. This was your last sentence: "I am afraid the whole thing is a setup for court battle which could truncate the political joy expressed by the people of Imo State toward initial INEC pronouncements."

Even if Ohakim goes to court on the Oguta issue, what will be his prayers? He could only ask the courts to order for a fresh election in Oguta. In any case, Rochas would be sworn in on or before 7th June and any possible re-run in Oguta would be conducted with Ohakim already out of office and trailing by over 46,000 votes. I don't see how that can equate to the gloom situation you implied in your post.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by ikeduru: 5:29pm On May 07, 2011
Thank you my people for defending your votes .
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by jenuel: 5:33pm On May 07, 2011
Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha has won Imo Gov. election. He polled 336,859 to the incumbent Gov. Ikedi Ohakim of PDP who polled 290,496 votes. The streets of Owerri are agog as the winner is thanking the people. He is now trekking the major streets of Owerri with mamoth crowd. To God be all the glory for us from the hands of Ohakim.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by 9ja4eva: 5:55pm On May 07, 2011
On Channels news, Congrats to IMO STATE

No be DELTA PEOPLE WEY DEY DULL LIKE MUMU
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by hackney(m): 7:02pm On May 07, 2011
Supplementary kwa? supplementary gbukwaa nu onwe unu there! ! !
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Dede1(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2011
papa ejima:

What I wrote is definitely different from your uninformed view. This was your last sentence: "I am afraid the whole thing is a setup for court battle which could truncate the political joy expressed by the people of Imo State toward initial INEC pronouncements."

Even if Ohakim goes to court on the Oguta issue, what will be his prayers? He could only ask the courts to order for a fresh election in Oguta. In any case, Rochas would be sworn in on or before 7th June and any possible re-run in Oguta would be conducted with Ohakim already out of office and trailing by over 46,000 votes. I don't see how that can equate to the gloom situation you implied in your post.

Since you are the election tribunal and Court of Appeals put together and have decided what will be outcome of incomplete electioneering process in Imo State, you should be allowed to wallow in stupor.

I think you should be reminded that few election results had already been dismissed by tribunals and courts before the assumed winners were sworn-in. The last thing I would wish for Imo State is court battle over this elelction. I hope Ohakim accepts defeat and move to another level of politics.

I am not a supporter of either Ohakim or Okorocha and do not expect or intend to benefit from the stewardship of either man. You sounded like your life depended on the favorable outcome of election for Rochas Okorocha. Please enjoy it while it lasts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Defection Battle: Buhari's Men Declare War On Saraki, Tambuwal And Ortom.. / Buhari Sacks Siaka Isiah Idoko-Akoh, Chairman Of Investment, Securities Tribunal / Five Things Tinubu Proved With His Town Hall Meeting In Benin - Omo-Ikiroda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.