Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings (19628 Views)

Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by jenuel: 8:02pm On May 07, 2011
Gov. Ikedi Ohakim has congratulated Owelle Rochas Okorocha, pledging to support him. He also said that he will not challenge the result in court. This is probably a face saving measure. He might end up like James Ibori.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by otokx(m): 9:21pm On May 07, 2011
delta people really fall hand, na only mouth dem get. Congratulations Imolites
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by papaejima2: 9:24pm On May 07, 2011
Dede1:

Since you are the election tribunal and Court of Appeals put together and have decided what will be outcome of incomplete electioneering process in Imo State, you should be allowed to wallow in stupor.

I think you should be reminded that few election results had already been dismissed by tribunals and courts before the assumed winners were sworn-in. The last thing I would wish for Imo State is court battle over this elelction. I hope Ohakim accepts defeat and move to another level of politics.

I am not a supporter of either Ohakim or Okorocha and do not expect or intend to benefit from the stewardship of either man. You sounded like your life depended on the favorable outcome of election for Rochas Okorocha. Please enjoy it while it lasts

Those who are informed know that the best Ohakim could get out of the Oguta situation is an order for election to be re-conducted there. You have shown how removed you are from reality and your knowledge (or lack of it) of the subject matter by suggesting that the case might even be dispensed off before Rochas is sworn in! How can the case possibly be filed and go through the Tribunal, Appeal Court and Supreme Court in 28 days. I am sure you do not even know that gubernatorial electoral cases no longer terminate at the appeal courts.

Please get your facts right before rushing to post on topics you know little about. Or do you think every user of this forum is a charlatan? When you post a comment on the net, you have opened it to the whole world for scrutiny. If the comments are criticized by better informed people with superior knowledge, you do not need to get annoyed. We learn everyday.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Eskycom: 9:41pm On May 07, 2011
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Olumogun: 10:47pm On May 07, 2011
Eagle75:

I just saw this on a FB wall

With gratitude to almighty God, for a tenure terribly spent, we regret to announce d sudden NATIONAL DISGRACE of our dear political maradona, Chief Sir Dr. Ikiri Imo [ochi ka nwata],
Till his sudden disgrace he was
Survived By:
*Oguta Wonder Lake -Billboard
*Oak Refinery Ohaji -Billboard
*Nworie River Resort -Magazine
*Owerri Ring Road -Billboard
*10,000 jobs 4 imolites -Newspaper
*300 roads in 30 days -Signboard
*Imo Int'l Cargo Airport -TV Advert
*Okigwe Int'l Stadium -Billboard
*Imo Twin Towers -News Paper
and a host of other relations,
Please attatch your tributes for publication

I actually went round some major street of Owerri today and believe you me, the way and manner people of different ages were jubilating actually show a serious to proof that Dr. IKIRI was long buried in Imo State. This election was just the FINAL BURIAL.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ericology(m): 1:02am On May 08, 2011
9ja4eva:

On Channels news, Congrats to IMO STATE

No be DELTA PEOPLE WEY DEY DULL LIKE MUMU

Imo state is a homogeneous state while Delta is not, many factors in delta that makes it somehow difficult to speak with one voice like Imo state
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Brite02(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2011
Yes, change is good. Let's give Okorocha a try he better learn from the mistakes of Ohakim or else he will still face the same music of his now predecessor.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by jacobs123(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2011
where are the 1.4 million voters that voted for Jonathan? Did they burn thier voter's card?
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Beync(f): 11:11am On May 08, 2011
Olumogun:

I actually went round some major street of Owerri today and believe you me, the way and manner people of different ages were jubilating actually show a serious to proof that Dr. IKIRI was long buried in Imo State. This election was just the FINAL BURIAL.
Eligoyabu nwoke?
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by baslone: 12:45pm On May 08, 2011
texazzpete:

Those figures above show an apprx. 50% turnout of registered voters in this election. meanwhile in the presidential elections, they told us that 83% of Imo registered voters came out to vote for GEJ.
I wonder when we will move past mindless rigging in Nigeria.

PS: Congrats to Rochas Okorocha. I've always despised that Ohakim fellow for being an incompetent bully. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I've heard tales of Igbos in markets in far away Lagos doing their victory dance. Shows you how much this lout was hated.

jacobs123:

where are the 1.4 million voters that voted for Jonathan? Did they burn thier voter's card?

noblezone:

I can assure you that 70% of the voters in the South South and South East registered just becuase of Jonathan. They kept telling who so ever cares that were it not for Jonathan, they would not had bothered.

They did not bother to vote during the National Assembly, but during the Presidential polls, they (not even they but we) came out in their numbers to vote not for PDP, or ACN, or CPC or anyother party but simply for JONATHAN.

The guber polls witnessed a low turn just for that reason alone.

See yarns!!! So Igbo’s so love GEJ that 1.4 million voted for him & 630,000 voted in Gubernatorial election.
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by soloqy: 12:58pm On May 08, 2011
This is no surprise to those of us that are firmly on ground. I had already called this a long while back at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=649727.msg8168758#msg8168758
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 2:02pm On May 08, 2011
@barlone
Go recalculate it for all parties, it's approximately 800,000 plus 90,000 for Oguta.

Don't be clueless
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by ifyalways(f): 2:39pm On May 08, 2011
Beync:

Eligoyabu nwoke?
Yes,Boy-George dead and buried.lolz
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by baslone: 3:25pm On May 08, 2011
Ngwakwe:

@barlone
Go recalculate it for all parties, it's approximately 800,000 plus 90,000 for Oguta.

Don't be clueless

Whatever

In your own words, Where are the other 1.4m-(800k+90)=510,000.?

That's half a mill!!!!  shocked
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 3:52pm On May 08, 2011
Even if you minus Presidential Sum total votes from sum total votes of all SE + SW Governors it still far less than the difference GEJ won Buhari.

I may agree the votes were inflated but was not rigged
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 7:42pm On May 08, 2011
Rochas promises to be peoples governor
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Ngwakwe: 12:15am On May 09, 2011
One of the Rochas Okorocha's campaign promises is that he will quit as governor after one tenure to make room for Owerri zone's turn according to Imo charter of equity.

He made it clearly known that he aims to be President come 2015 after Goodluck Jonathan's tenure.

In summary, that Nigerians should judge him based on his performance as the Governor of Imo State from 2011 to 2015

We are looking forward to a better reformed governance in Imo State if he ever think that he will be President and a "Possible decamping to PDP" or whatever come 2015
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by baslone: 10:15am On May 09, 2011
Ngwakwe:

Even if you minus Presidential Sum total votes from sum total votes of all SE + SW Governors it still far less than the difference GEJ won Buhari.

I may agree the votes were inflated but was not rigged
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You just made my day!!
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by sulad82i(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2011
MAke or Mar his credibility?
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Awalla: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
i need the the list of all the polling units (name of wards and the codes) in Imo state
Re: Imo State Supplementary Election Results And Proceedings by Collynzo9: 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ngwakwe:
One of the Rochas Okorocha's campaign promises is that he will quit as governor after one tenure to make room for Owerri zone's turn according to Imo charter of equity.

He made it clearly known that he aims to be President come 2015 after Goodluck Jonathan's tenure.

In summary, that Nigerians should judge him based on his performance as the Governor of Imo State from 2011 to 2015

We are looking forward to a better reformed governance in Imo State if he ever think that he will be President and a "Possible decamping to PDP" or whatever come 2015
These guys never keep to their promises

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Not Different From Buhari Administration, Both Are Epic Failures / Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.