Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? (979 Views)

Death? What Benefit? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / What Benefit Did You Reap? - Steve Edwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by CyberHustle: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The opposite. What you hear in your churches are nothing but lies that are meant to draw you further and further away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the power of God in your lives and rendering your worship of God meaningless- Matthew 15 vs 1- 9 undecided
so what is the truth?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
CyberHustle:
so what is the truth?
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God, the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God is the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. undecided
Every other teaching that deviates in anyway or from that which He taught from over 2000 years ago is a lie! - Mark 7 vs 1 - 23
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:
Please share your thought

I could tell you about 5 or more....
But before I do can you tell me about 5, what you would loose not going to church?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesmond3945:
no I disagree. It is a selfish mindset to always relate to God based on what to benefit.
If you want to acquire or benefit anything, go and get a skill or a start a business, work hard and pray to God to bless the business. It is His own perogative to bless or not to. God cannot give you Gwagon because you go to church.

"Gwagon"! And this is your problem. You think benefits in terms of Gwagon, monies and all.

Therefore, deceiving yourself that if you take away your heart from the love of those things which you TRULY Desire to have, then you think you it would help you walk with God.

You can deceive yourself (and you fail at it, for even I can see you desire these foolish things) but you can not deceive The Lord.

The way of Truth is the Only way to Find God, not falsehoods.

And the next stage after your present self deceit is to become an Hater of God as the people before you who walked this very same steps as you, after you would have been exhausted with the Lies you have built around you, rather than the Solid Truths God Set the world in.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by jesmond3945: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

"Gwagon"! And this is your problem. You think benefits in terms of Gwagon, monies and all.

Therefore, deceiving yourself that if you take away your heart from the love of those things which you TRULY Desire to have, then you think you it would help you walk with God.

You can deceive yourself (and you fail at it, for even I can see you desire these foolish things) but you can not deceive The Lord.

The way of Truth is the Only way to Find God, not falsehoods.

And the next stage after your present self deceit is to become an Hater of God as the people before you who walked this very same steps as you, after you would have been exhausted with the Lies you have built around you, rather than the Solid Truths God Set the world in.

wait please do you mean spiritual benefits or what? I am telling you it is a selfish mindset to relate with God based on benefits, what are you even benefiting Him in the first instance?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesmond3945:
wait please do you mean spiritual benefits or what? I am telling you it is a selfish mindset to relate with God based on benefits, what are you even benefiting Him in the first instance?

Count your blessings! Your True first benefit is to be put in this really Nice House (the World). It could have been a bad one and there is nothing you could do about it.

After House, is the benefit of being catered for feeding, sleeping, playing, bathing etc.

Working is also for your benefit, so tell me is there anything you that you met in this world which is not for your benefit?

Therefore, what is God's problem with man?

Only 1, which is that man has become wicked and loves to be very wicked.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by jesmond3945: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Count your blessings! Your True first benefit is to be put in this really Nice House (the World). It could have been a bad one and there is nothing you could do about it.

After House, is the benefit of being catered for feeding, sleeping, playing, bathing etc.

Working is also for your benefit, so tell me is there anything you that you met in this world which is not for your benefit?

Therefore, what is God's problem with man?

Only 1, which is that man has become wicked and loves to be very wicked.

but the question is can you benefit anything from going to church? are unbelievers who don't go to church not enjoying all these you mentioned?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesmond3945:
but the question is can you benefit anything from going to church? are unbelievers who don't go to church not enjoying all these you mentioned?
Excellent observation! undecided

Unbelievers are not bound by the law as we are and so are free to live out there short existence oblivious to the fact that it all comes to a screeching end once they breath their last here on earth - they cease to exist. undecided

And with no laws and rules over them, they live out their unshackled existence to their fullest. I tell people it is better to live an unbeliever and perish in the end than to live through this Christian walk only to end up in hell for eternity. undecided
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sheunma:
A wife
A husband
A Side chick
Sugar daddy or mummy
Even a gigolo
Charge a phone
Business contacts or connections
Show off ( people go to church just to display what's new in their lives)
Dancing and singing( good for health)
Free meal and drink
To socialize ( good for mental health)
Etc etc

the best answer so far
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
perezeghi:

I could tell you about 5 or more....
But before I do can you tell me about 5, what you would loose not going to church?
he will lose his senses

He will lose the truth

He will lose logical reasoning

He will lose ability to questions stuffs

He will lose rationality
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 6:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
he will lose his senses

He will lose the truth.

He will lose logical reasoning.

He will lose ability to questions stuffs.

He will lose rationality

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 7:16am On Jun 21, 2021
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 7:17am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

And it’s true Because Martin Luther King said it?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 7:54am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
And it’s true Because Martin Luther King said it?

It is true because that is the nature of Jesus and God the Father.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 7:56am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

It is true because that is the nature of Jesus and God the Father.
You see why going to church can make you irrational?

Do you have testable evidence for this?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 8:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
You see why going to church can make you irrational?

Do you have testable evidence for this?

I am a testament.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

I am a testament.

I am also a testament that God doesn’t exist.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 8:22am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
I am also a testament that God doesn’t exist.

It is no fault of yours if you think so.

Certainly you must believe in something. So what is it that you believe in that exists?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

It is no fault of yours if you think so.

Certainly you must believe in something. So what is it that you believe in that exists?
Also not your fault if you think so.

So how do we establish and test for the truth!
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
Also not your fault if you think so.

So how do we establish and test for the truth!

You don't believe in God and you want to test the truth.

Your very existence is because of God and you claim not to believe He exists.

I'm sure you can test that except you have some other belief on how you came to being!!
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

You don't believe in God and you want to test the truth.

Your very existence is because of God and you claim not to believe He exists.

I'm sure you can test that except you have some other belief on how you came to being!!

i don’t believe in him because he can’t be tested
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by perezeghi: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
i don’t believe in him because he can’t be tested

Have you tested Him before now to ascertain that He can't be tested......
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Workch: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2021
perezeghi:

Have you tested Him before now to ascertain that He can't be tested......
There is no method to test him and the onus is not on me to develop one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Pastor To Be A Politician? / Where To Buy Sea Salt For Prayers / Lets Talk About This Once And For All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.