Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) (42562 Views)

Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
are those ones public schools in Onitsha abi you dey whine me?

He posted schools and hospitals owned and managed by Catholic Church, na public schools be that? Carry your nonsense fave front abeg
Eleribu ni ę, those missionary schools are still funded by the state government but run by the church. When you go get sense Na? Abi na so so coconut water ( Omi agbon) full inside your brain.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by inchristalone(m): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
You can’t measure educational chart with fraud tinted Waec and Neco. Stop being a joker.
Even my house help that cannot spell his name passed Waec with 5 As.

In Lagos state I think. Not in properly-supervised and high moral standard mission schools in Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Eleribu ni ę, those missionary schools are still funded by the state government but run by the church. When you go get sense Na? Abi na so so coconut water ( Omi agbon) full inside your brain.
Ok let’s see the government managed schools?

This is a school in Aguata,Anambra run by the government

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

So how come the ones run by the state government are in sorry state?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
You can’t measure educational chart with fraud tinted Waec and Neco. Stop being a joker.
Even my house help that cannot spell his name passed Waec with 5 As.
In your state owned school, abi? I talk am, you're an epitome of fraud, corruption and exam malpractice. How did your house help who couldn't spell his name score 5 As if not with your assistance of bribe money.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by wasol: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102907070:
Anambra Catholic community has four Dioceses

1, Onitsha
2, Awka
3, Nnewi
4, Ekwlobia

Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha, Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity is the biggest and richest
In December 1935, when Bishop Joseph Shanahan arrived onitsha from Ireland to bless the edifice the newly built Cathedral that shanahan saw was heart stopping in its splendor. The basilica which was then the cathedral stands on elevated piece of land which is part of the 20 hectares made available for Fr. Lutz and his team by Obi Anazonwu and chiefs of Onitsha on 6 January 1886.

Till 1930 what served as the central place of worship for the vicariate was the dual purpose building erected in 1914,the present holy Trinity primary school. The Holy Trinity cathedral was built between 1930 and 1935. In 1932, Bishop Shanahan handed over the mantle of leadership of the church to Bishop Charles Heerey on account of ill health especially the eyes. He retired and left for Ireland to allow the new Bishop a free hand. Shanahan was invited back for the jubilee and a major activity of the jubilee was the blessing of the cathedral.

The cathedral like many other houses in Onitsha was battered during the Nigerian civil war. The post war reconstruction happened to collide with the early period of the recommendations of the Vatican ll council especially regarding the liturgy. So the church in Onitsha while repairing the damages to the Holy Trinity cathedral reconstructed it to be in tune with the new liturgy.

In 1994, the Archbishop of Onitsha Albert kanenechukwu Obiefuna was transferred to Onitsha to take over the ailing Archbishop Stephen N. Ezeanya. Responding to the ever soaring number of worshipers who throng the Holy Trinity cathedral, Archbishop Obiefuna undertook to enlarge and expand accommodation in the cathedral. The conclusion of the modification was made to coincide with the centenary of the arrival of Bishop Shanahan in Onitsha. Thus on 5 December 2002 the work of the modification was brought to an end by the re-dedication of the reconstructed cathedral. The Holy Trinity cathedral has been a scene of many memorable occasions. Notable was the return and the reburial of the remains of Bishop Shanahan in 1956, Archbishop Heerey in 1967 and Archbishop Ezeanya in 1996 and Archbishop Obiefuna in 2011. An indisputably unique treasure in the cathedral is the relics of Blessed Michael Cyprian Iwene Tansi who was beatified by Pope John Paul ll in 1998.

Holy Trinity cathedral was elevated and promoted to a minor Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on 28 May 2007 under the episcopacy of Archbishop Valerian Maduka Okeke.
https://www.onitsha-archdiocese.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2UcwzKHvE

UNMASKING THE GLOBAL PANDEMIC CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)

COROMYSTERY NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND VIEWS...
Early in the year 2020, the whole world wake up to a devastating outbreak of a pandemic known as CORONA VIRUS. The nations are still in fears, many millions are still at risk, (if they won't change) just as the deaths across the globe keep soaring high at different locations in various period of times. But have you wondered why this Corona virus also known as COVID-19, ravaged so many nations, could it be from the devil, or is it man made?... Or could it be a message God is passing to the world?... Have you wondered why it appears like God have been silent over the whole scene?... Sorry, He is actually not silent and you can hear His position and details as He addresses all nations and mankind through this short movie, 'COROMYSTERY', from the stable of The Good-Shepherd's Missionaries' Field.
Watch, learn and adjust your ways and please, show love and do the evangelism of telling others about it until it cuts across the horizon...

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE.
Thanks again and God bless you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IvSyciZEY
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
inchristalone:

In Lagos state I think. Not in properly-supervised and high moral standard mission schools in Onitsha.
so it’s moral because it’s a religious school?

Religiously brainwashed dude grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

In your state owned school, abi? I talk am, you're an epitome of fraud, corruption and exam malpractice. How did your house help who couldn't spell his name score 5 As if not with your assistance of bribe money.
So why all the noise? The school is privately managed and some funding coming from the government.

Wetin come be the hype now when the government public schools in Anambra are in shambles. You dey high ni, you think you can deceive everyone with this mediocrity-inclined hyping?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Ok let’s see the government managed schools?

This is a school in Aguata,Anambra run by the government
Guy, let's not go there. I'm a product of Lagos schools from primary to tertiary. If I begin to post pictures of Jakande building schools for you ehn! Na cry you go cry o but I won't because I'm a patriotic Lagosian.

Come to Mushin
Go to igbo efon in lekki you're using to brag
Abi na mainland?

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Look at the polytechnic entrance sef looking like a wild conservation site.

Make una no Dey hype una nonsense here

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Guy, let's not go there. I'm a product of Lagos schools from primary to tertiary. If I begin to post pictures of Jakande building schools for you ehn! Na cry you go cry o but I won't because I'm a patriotic Lagosian.

Come to Mushin
Go to igbo efon in lekki you're using to brag
Abi na mainland?
Oga no Dey call Igbo Efon. Na only Igbo efon dey for Lekki! Mumu

You skipped phase 1, Ikate and Osapa to Igbo efon. Igbo efon that is a beach village.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
So why all the noise? The school is privately managed and some funding coming from the government.

Wetin come be the hype now when the government public schools in Anambra are in shambles. You dey high ni, you think you can deceive everyone with this mediocrity-inclined hyping?
What do you mean by some funding?
Go and read about the genesis of the transformation of public owned schools in Anambra. The govt gave out those schools to the church to manage while still funding it.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Blessedassuranc(f): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
I have noticed that Anambra people like to overhype nonsense.
It's my observation.

Why the envy?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Sleekfingers: 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102907070:
Anambra Catholic community has four Dioceses

1, Onitsha
2, Awka
3, Nnewi
4, Ekwlobia

Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha, Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity is the biggest and richest
In December 1935, when Bishop Joseph Shanahan arrived onitsha from Ireland to bless the edifice the newly built Cathedral that shanahan saw was heart stopping in its splendor. The basilica which was then the cathedral stands on elevated piece of land which is part of the 20 hectares made available for Fr. Lutz and his team by Obi Anazonwu and chiefs of Onitsha on 6 January 1886.

Till 1930 what served as the central place of worship for the vicariate was the dual purpose building erected in 1914,the present holy Trinity primary school. The Holy Trinity cathedral was built between 1930 and 1935. In 1932, Bishop Shanahan handed over the mantle of leadership of the church to Bishop Charles Heerey on account of ill health especially the eyes. He retired and left for Ireland to allow the new Bishop a free hand. Shanahan was invited back for the jubilee and a major activity of the jubilee was the blessing of the cathedral.

The cathedral like many other houses in Onitsha was battered during the Nigerian civil war. The post war reconstruction happened to collide with the early period of the recommendations of the Vatican ll council especially regarding the liturgy. So the church in Onitsha while repairing the damages to the Holy Trinity cathedral reconstructed it to be in tune with the new liturgy.

In 1994, the Archbishop of Onitsha Albert kanenechukwu Obiefuna was transferred to Onitsha to take over the ailing Archbishop Stephen N. Ezeanya. Responding to the ever soaring number of worshipers who throng the Holy Trinity cathedral, Archbishop Obiefuna undertook to enlarge and expand accommodation in the cathedral. The conclusion of the modification was made to coincide with the centenary of the arrival of Bishop Shanahan in Onitsha. Thus on 5 December 2002 the work of the modification was brought to an end by the re-dedication of the reconstructed cathedral. The Holy Trinity cathedral has been a scene of many memorable occasions. Notable was the return and the reburial of the remains of Bishop Shanahan in 1956, Archbishop Heerey in 1967 and Archbishop Ezeanya in 1996 and Archbishop Obiefuna in 2011. An indisputably unique treasure in the cathedral is the relics of Blessed Michael Cyprian Iwene Tansi who was beatified by Pope John Paul ll in 1998.

Holy Trinity cathedral was elevated and promoted to a minor Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on 28 May 2007 under the episcopacy of Archbishop Valerian Maduka Okeke.
https://www.onitsha-archdiocese.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2UcwzKHvE

inasmuch i am not a xtian...God forbide bad thing..........but the xtians has done alot for the society than those terrorists called muslims.........eg schools, music, orphanages, etc i give them 2 1/2 gbosa

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Oga no Dey call Igbo Efon. Na only Igbo efon dey for Lekki! Mumu

You skipped phase 1, Ikate and Osapa to Igbo efon. Igbo efon that is a beach village.
Guy, your head correct so? Oya show me the public school in lekki phase 1, Ikeja, VI and other highbrow areas in Lagos State. Abi make I show you the one in my backyard in Festac?

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102908014:

I spent years in Lagos before relocating to Anambra state in 2015, I have seen alot that make me to appreciate my great state unlike my former location grin

Onitsha Catholic Diocese is currently building Shanahan University in Onitsha

Uche Okoye how far?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by nzeobi(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
You live in Iyana ipaja.

Leave there and come to Lekki, V. I and ikoyi.

This is a school in lekki

Don't just post pictures put the names of the schools and also stop posting only the ones in vi,
Remember to tell us the name of your state

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Guy, your head correct so? Oya show me the public school in lekki phase 1, Ikeja, VI and other highbrow areas in Lagos State. Abi make I show you the one in my backyard in Festac?
No public school In Lekki phase 1, you sabi Lagos like this?
The only public school in V.I is on Aboyade cole street, it’s Victoria island secondary school.

The only public school in main ikoyi is on Osborne road called Osborn school complex ad it’s mostly attended by people from Lagos island and Obalende.

People don’t attend public schools in this enclaves.

You can post the one in festac, na you sabi. I no Dey go mainland sef
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Johnrake69: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
it seems you anambra people are very local. All these stuffs are not special and are mere mediocrity.

Come to ogun and Lagos state to see how schools should look

Which Lagos? Private or public schools?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by King2020: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
it seems you anambra people are very local. All these stuffs are not special and are mere mediocrity.

Come to ogun and Lagos state to see how schools should look
Are you not tired of been envyyyyy, someone is here showing you the beauty of his state and you are here unleashing you cow brain

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by neonly: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ekez:
which day Imam in Nigeria go do something Wey go better the society
The wan Wey we know na bandit negotiator.
Can any good thing come out of Headslamers grin grin grin grin

Before u know them go infect the place with hijab propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Maduawuchukwu:

Uche Okoye how far?
Who is Uche?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Blessedassuranc:

Why the envy?
Why envy for God sake? Why are you guys local like this?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
King2020:
Are you not tired of been envyyyyy, someone is here showing you the beauty of his state and you are here unleashing you cow brain
which beauty? Lol

You guys need to step out of that your village to see things.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
No public In Lekki phase 1, you sabi Lagos like this?
The only public school in V.I is on Aboyade close street, it’s Victoria island secondary school.

The only public school in main ikoyi is on Osborne road called Osborn school complex ad it’s mostly attended by people from Lagos island and Obalende.

People don’t attend public schools in this enclaves.

You can post the one in festac, na you sabi. I no Dey go mainland sef
I was only quoting you. All those places you mentioned I sabi them wella. Do I look like a "Johnny just come" to you?. Guy, try and be happy with good things irrespective of tribe, religion or colour, that way positive things would come back to you. See ehn, when it comes to education in Nigeria, those eastern States don dey blow dey go o.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Chinny024(f): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
I have noticed that Anambra people like to overhype nonsense.
It's my observation.

What are the nonsense here please... Can you tell us?.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
What is special about all these now?
Enemy of progress.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

I was only quoting you. All those places you mentioned I sabi them wella. Do I look like a "Johnny just come" to you?. Guy, try and be happy with good things irrespective of tribe, religion or colour, that way positive things would come back to you. See ehn, when it comes to education in Nigeria, those eastern States don dey blow dey go o.
Lol, ok
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by gwafaeziokwu: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:

The schools are public schools that were in ruins before the government sought the church assistance in management. Quality education at government subsidised rate is priceless.

By the way, not all the schools were handed over to the mission. Government maintained some of the schools and we can see the difference. Infact that picture you posted about a government managed school should change your mind about celebrating this great feats by the church.

A new generation of sound scholars are been bred in those hallowed grounds and we are grateful.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
I want to visit Anambra I love that place they have one of the best Governor of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by King2020: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
which beauty? Lol

You guys need to step out of that your village to see things.
Envy is not a good thing at all

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by hijacke(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Look at the polytechnic entrance sef looking like a wild conservation site.

Make una no Dey hype una nonsense here
I would have loved to talk some sense into you but you are obviously not intelligent, you just enjoy the attention , I suggest everyone should ignore this guy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chris Tucker Turned Down $10 Million To Stay True To His Faith / Burial Photos Of Pastor Shuaibu Yohanna Who Was Murdered By Mob In Kano / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.