Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65683 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2021
Once you are married as a lady, you should face your husband and his family. That's why your surname was changed and you were "sold" (bride price)
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by princewarri1985: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2021
You even deserve a slap right now for posting this. So you mean your husband should contribute to your younger brother bride price payment abi after spending 570k for your dowry payment despite him earning very small 70k every month?? Is your husband also going to share the conjugal activities with your brother wife since you guys are asking him to pay part of the dowry? Is your brother not a man?? Foolish girl.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by lucky4west: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2021
i thought such foolish ladies do not exist any more....damn....u are very wicked, heartless and stupid....you are not earning a dime to support the home, ur husband paid thru his for the bride price and now u still want him to support your family and ur wicked family even has the guts to "bill" him making it a compulsory contribution. Chai u and ur family are wicked and this is the reasons some ladies from ur side of the country find it difficult to marry...nonsense....the guy should just divorce you because u are not worthy to be his wife...a wife who stands with her family against her husband especially when he has done no wrong is not worthy to be called a wife.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by VTJN(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2021
insidelife22:
you can not eat your cake and have it back
please which cake does she eat and wanted to have back?

Oh you expected her parents to give her out freely to the said husband?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Mightyjp(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2021
You own d innocent man an apology 4 saying he didn't help ya family. . . He don help ya family ever since he pay d price. ole
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ETT93(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2021
The husband head get correct oil, you don't expect the young man to be a slave to your parents just because he married you.

Pack well jare!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by showafrica(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
I believe you bought that cloth your wore to snap this pic from a shop.
When last did you go and help the shop owner clean his/her shop.
Your family sold you, you are a solid product.
Calling your husband irresponsible shows that you are not different from your family.

The lady's family didn't take her into considerations

All she should do is to go and apologies to her husband. Let her husband help her family willingly not as an obligation.

Dont mind the idiotic woman, if to say i know the man, i for take am out, give am bottles.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by showafrica(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2021
degenuine1:
He has really tried.. shows he loves you. You will be surprise what most men will do from the day they saw that compulsory list. grin

One japa the other day na, nobody heard from him again

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by gidado14(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
580k for bride price that means him don buy you be that. enjoy your slavery my dear

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by MummyD2020(f): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

What did i just read?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by passionberry(f): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

You are the one that is irresponsible here..your husband owes your family nothing why should he contribute for your brother wedding did they contribute for his own when he got married to you ? Just get a job or business so You can use your money to send to your parents. Shekina..leave the man alone to have peace mbok ,stop stressing him out ..Mek him enjoy the marriage na.haba..you guys should sit down and discuss try sort things out
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by femixx: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

So the man is now your family`s ATM or factory simply because he is married to their daughter? Tell them, that biz don cast, e no go werk o

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Princewell2012(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
gaftsoil:
Your family just sold you to him, so you shouldn't expect any help from him... If i pay such amount as a bride price, I will never help my wife's family.
Please don't allow your wife to see this comment. E get why.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by SouthEastFacts: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No

I am sure you know its Yorubas that do that rubbish.

Marry from a yoruba family and you MUST contribute in everything they are doing. What pains me the most is that they will allot a debt on your head without caring if you get it and insist you must pay.

Entitled species.

If you are not ready to marry as an igboman, your family will tell you to go and sit down

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by SURElee(f): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good one.
Why bill your son in law for your son's marriage? If the son isn't responsible, he should wait till his money is complete before marrying. Did they the family help that son in law to raise money for their "culture", since they wanted to uphold culture.

Now will the son in law also help to fund their son's marriage after contributing to find his own marriage?

Abeg make dem commot jare. They shouldn't over burden their SIL. Selfish family wey chop bride price finish forget say dem get children wey go still face wetin dem put another person son through. Dem forget say dem go still need SIL help for future.

Now their eyes don clear.
They should allow their own son obey and face the cultural demands of his own inlaws too. As their SIL hussle him own money for bride price, let their own son go hustle the money, or make he sell their papa house to marry him wife.

Next time dem go learn.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by RillJ(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
1. What help have you rendered to his family?

2. The business your family invested over half a million Naira Bride Price should be yielding dividends by now. Why are they not using the profits?

3. What makes you think a husband is financially obligated to the in-laws for life? Are your brothers so obligated to their in-laws? Assistance to your family is/should be voluntary by your husband.

4. Do you realize that your immediate family now consist of you and your husband, to be followed by your children in due course?

5. Do you really care about the man you call your husband or you just want to milk him dry?

6. In the event that your husband is unable (willing but unable) to help your family, what would you do? Look for another husband that can 'help' your family?

Stay focused on your family and warm up to your husband. Show him love, care and most importantly respect. Then he would reciprocated and that may include extending help to your family who never cared about your marital happiness.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by SURElee(f): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
RillJ:
1. What help have you rendered to his family?

2. The business your family invested over half a million Naira Bride Price should be yielding dividends by now. Why are they not using the profits?

3. What makes you think a husband is financially obligated to the in-laws for life? Are your brothers so obligated to their in-laws? Assistance to your family is/should be voluntary by your husband.

4. Do you realize that your immediate family now consist of you and your husband, to be followed by your children in due course?

5. Do you really care about the man you call your husband or you just want to milk him dry?

6. In the event that your husband is unable (willing but unable) to help your family, what would you do? Look for another husband that can 'help' your family?

Stay focused on your family and warm up to your husband. Show him love, care and most importantly respect. Then he would reciprocated and that may include extending help to your family who never cared about your marital happiness.

Thank you.

God bless you jare.
They have squandered 580k and looking for the cash cow of an in law to milk dry.
Annoyingly entitled inlaws. Even the wife isn't wise enough to know how her husband is feeling.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IvyGRush: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
okomile:
Good one from the man!

Sister, build your home with your husband and not your family member.

If he gives in to this, it will not stop. U better apologize and be a wife to your man.

Happy married life

Are you Sure you said this or your Account was Hacked?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Philipsdael(m): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
This seems like a joke !

Why will she tell him to pay monthly tax to her parents ...

Even if it's just 50k he paid to settle the bride price ... He owes no monthly obligation to inlaws ...
How could she even suggests such considering the guy is receiving 70k a month.
Some women shaa
And that her brother that wants to marry is looking for family support to pay bride price ...
Oboyyy, what kind of family is she from ?
That husband is doomed if she doesn't change
Imagine she calling her husband irresponsible man
Who does that...
Abeg OP let us know the family she is from
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IvyGRush: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Honestly can't believe the Comments I've read thus Far especially from the Female Gender. More Surprising, from this Site.

Please when did OGA Seun organize this Value Re-orientation Program that I missed out on?
smiley smiley smiley

Am Impressed, Honestly
The Platform Users has Really Grown for Good
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by gaftsoil(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Princewell2012:

Please don't allow your wife to see this comment. E get why.
I have mentioned it to her before..
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by okomile(f): 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
IvyGRush:

Are you Sure you said this or your Account was Hacked?

What's your point?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by litaninja(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
How much did your younger brother contribute towards the wedding your husband paid for?
You're not alright at all o.
Out of 70k, he'll support both of you and potentially start bearing kids.....you still want him to pay your parents salary?
Are you normal??
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Zinpat: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Well, I think ur husband might b right
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by EbonyQueen001(f): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
My take.

The husband must not contribute a dime for that up coming wedding.

Most people get married and spend flambouyantly because they want to show off.

If her words were to be believed. He earns 70k.

Bride price was almost a million naira. ����

We are not talking of video coverage of the event, possibly white wedding expenses, entertainment, refreshment, transportations, lodging in hotel, attires for the wedding, extra charges not on the list, house rent to move in or stay longer to still have a roof over his head while planning to get married to her o.

He was right in saying they have collected all they have to collect from him.

What kind of insensitive wife and family is that?

You begged, they refuse to consider, possibly because you already exaggerated his pocket size so as to be seen as having brought a rich in law into the family and they are set to get their cut and through you keep getting monthly salary from him. Hence the insensitive and crude monthly monetery suggestion made shortly after you almost murdered the poor man financially.

"After marriage, I suggested he should be sending something monthly to my parent as he do send to his parent too... (sic)" What if through them, he is offsetting his debt monthly.

He is obviously in deep debt and trying to pay it off without involving the wife who has no means of assisting in any way.

Barely 8 months after, another wedding in her family, and then, you expect him to cough out 120k and above. Smh!

From where?

From the account most likely still servicing a loan that may not be fully paid back in 2 years since children will soon start coming in, rent will expire, stomach will be filled, clothes bought to wear and other essentials will be met from the 70k that tax, transport, mid day snacks, tithe, recharge card and some little extras has not descended on o.

What if she wasn't married, will she still be taxed when she has no means of income?

She dares tells him he is not responsible, when she is not complaining of hunger pangs and has been relaxed rather than being the help meet God created her to be?

She obviously do not love him, but got married to him cos of money.

Proverb 31 did not describe the virtuous woman to be one who is dependent. She was an independent woman that had staffs of her own and worked for her own money, to the point of covering the family in royal clothing, having lands and many business investments.

Not "give me or you leave home in tatters and be scared of coming to meet a nag".

Bible said it's better to live on the rooftops than in the same house with a nag. She is a financial nag and is angry for not getting what she wants. Mtcheeew!

You want to be respected, have your cash, still be humble, let your no be no and yes be yes.

Obviously, her family are the ones running her home for her and she is not in one accord with her better half.

Leaving and cleaving is not just for the man alone.

Some of the signs of one who is ready to be married is, physical, psychological, mental, emotional and financial maturity. She is not matured fully.

She needs to put her extended family aside and properly cleave, then reconcile later.

I already typed an epistle, let me leave it at that
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by insidelife22(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
VTJN:
please which cake does she eat and wanted to have back?

Oh you expected her parents to give her out freely to the said husband?

Eli Eli labatani
when you understand that one you go understand this one also.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:17am On Jun 22, 2021
cactusJack:
behind every broke fraustrated man is a nigerian woman...se her forehead like signboard
Haha
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:23am On Jun 22, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Some MEN can really Love women ooo.
I can't imagine myself heading to the ALTAR with a Jobless Lady. That's madness. Not in this time.
I had a lot of Female Friends who kept visiting and cooking all manner of dishes.
But I remained resolute on my kind of bride.
And God answered it, in no distant time.
It's better to be insulted by a wife who has got a good job than a housewife who still does nothing at home, but shares responsibilities among maids whom she kept at home.

What's Love...?
No matter how sweet your Nyansh is, it was never part of my absolute requirements for nuptials.

Real G
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IvyGRush: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
okomile:

What's your point?

Never Expected this from your Gender.
Was thinking Maybe your Brother you used your Phone.

The Advise was so blunt on Point.
I Like that!!!
wink wink cheesy
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by skedy1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
insidelife22:
you can not eat your cake and have it back

You know the story bro
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by skedy1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
hisgrace090:
Dear lady it seems you're there to render the young man useless.

Have you ever asked if he has finished paying back the money he payed your bride price with?
Cant you start up something so you can help your family as he did to his instead of carrying both family with 70k salary?

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.

@The bolded, this is sure thing to consider.
My friend broke up with his GF just because she's the only one that has ND in a family of 6. Did I tell you she's the first child

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by skedy1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
Bottom line....
Choose your partner with top notch wisdom

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.