Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65656 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by jadyclem(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
CzarChris:
From the name elohor, it's clear that you are an urhobo.

I stay and work in Warri. When did Urhobo people marriage list come pass Igbo people own?

When I get an honest answer from you, then we can proceed. I smell lies here.
The tribe she identifies with makes the story fake. The urhobos have one of the cheapest marriage list in Nigeria. They will tell you categorically that they don't sell their daughters. The OP edited an old story but she identified with the tribe that has never been known for expensive bride prize which makes the story very fake. Some people wey read d story go dey ask which part of urhobo dem dey give list of up to 500k? It's really funny
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by netmillionaires(m): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
This same story was on front page last year. The only thing that changed is the inclusion of pictures.

STARGREEN:
She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding,

...this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible

You are right, if he's responsible perhaps he would have known;
i) That you are not considerate enough (580k spent within 8months ago with salary of below 100k).

ii) That you are liability for now and should have waited.

iii) That you won't care to know how he got the money to settle your father. How much indebted he is all because he has to pay 580k to have you.

iv) That a responsible man does things when he has the capacity.
Sadly....because of money a marriage (man)of barely 8months is called irresponsible Man? I wonder how his life will be after retirement!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by DONFASZY(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dis story funny n e pain me
Die
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by LOKOLESCO(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wonder shall never cease to end,imagine,telling your husband to pay part of your brother bride price,for what? ,did any of your own family help him out when he wanted to pay your own bride price.you are not even pity the rate of his earns.wicked wife.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by netmillionaires(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
The story was on front page last year. The only difference is the inclusion of pictures.

Nbotee:
Na everyday una dey recycle dis story? I've read dis story severally here on nairaland and it's beginning to sound made up.. To all the young women out there, marriage is not an investment for your mother and father and siblings to reap huge returns from, U shld be more concerned with helping the young man build up the family U both have agreed to start... If U want to help ur father and his family financially, go and get a job
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by NewBeijing(f): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is something
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by suratwo62: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding For what
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by NewBeijing(f): 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
hisgrace090:
Dear lady it seems you're there to render the young man useless.

Have you ever asked if he has finished paying back the money he payed your bride price with?
Cant you start up something so you can help your family as he did to his instead of carrying both family with 70k salary?

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.

You made a salient point but it's not everyone that is employed it's little by little that family grows
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by bellotaofeek: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
He has bought you already . Why must he pay maintenance fee to your parent. They should be eating the tradition. grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Whatshallido: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ah. #580k for pride price? This one shock me oo.
The man try oooo.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ekioke: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Madam I support ur husband, he bought u, so he has no business with ur family anymore.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ledaman: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Apart from her puseey what is her contribution to the man's growth? Very useless and myopic person for calling her husband irresponsible. This is kind hopeless and wicked lady that makes a man to die quick ! Pls all the Bachelor's in the house think twice. May Almighty Allah continue to bless my wifey she is a rare gem Ummu Farhan!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by itslinkin4005(m): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
haba this na old gist naaah....
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by LeeTaurus05(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

As you said, that your husband salary is 70k monthly. While, you are yet to secure a job to support him. Meaning that, house upkeep for the month, and your upkeep as a wife too. Maybe, house rent too. Common, when while your husband achieve something great in life.

He can't go on living that like. Reason with him. Perhaps, your family refused to reduce the bride price. And, they still want him to contribute 120k for your brother's wedding. Common, why the imposing it on him. Simply, ask for his assistance, and freely without any force, he may assist withtout any issues.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Freebills12: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Mrs, you don't worth 20k with regard to bride price, you and your family are perfect definition parasite... Bad luck par excellon. You don't even have a job and your family is demanding 120k from someone that earns 70k per month, abomination.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Odunharry(m): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
crackhaus:
As usual with lots of naija women, this one wants to use marriage to improve her family's standard of living.

Kudos to the husband for standing his ground.

If her brother cannot afford 400k to pay for his own marriage list, he should kuku remain single. This thing is not by force.

A piece of advise to young men:
If you have struggled to save up 400k on your own, don't go and use it to do marriage I beg you.
Take am go buy keke and give someone who will be paying you weekly returns, or look for something legit to invest in. The idea is to make that money back...

You people will just see small money, and the next thing you want to do is marry – marriage that you will continue pouring money inside without seeing 1naira profit.
Una get sense at all?
Lmao.. Crackhaus himself.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by toye440: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thunder fire your family. He acquired you dummy.
How can I help feed when transaction is closed.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Niwdog(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wife brother not even his brother
Your family are mad people
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by FFF241: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
These are the kind of insignificant, bland and illogical stories that dumbs down our people. Every narrative here is unitelligent yet it trends
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by chris51(f): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Young lady, you and your family are irresponsible. Have you asked your husband where he got money for your bride price? A man on 70k a month was able to pay your N580k bride price. He must have borrowed.
Tell your brother to go and borrow for his own bride the way your husband did.
If you are not careful your husband will throw you out. Your family is a poverty stricken one.
If you are sensible, think of how you will start business to assist your husband
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by chris51(f): 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
chris51:
Young lady, you and your family are irresponsible. Have you asked your husband where he got money for your bride price? A man on 70k a month was able to pay your N580k bride price. He must have borrowed.
Tell your brother to go and borrow for his own bride the way your husband did.
If you are not careful your husband will throw you out. Your family is a poverty stricken one.
If you are sensible, think of how you will start business to assist your husband
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by saajus: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
I don't know why people do more than what they can afford. They should have done a small court wedding that won't cost more than 50k and use the rest to invest for the future. Rent a suit and wedding gown, invite just a few friends and your parents to the court. You don do wedding be that. The wife has no job, husband earning 70k. Very soon, they will have a child. If you want a crowd by force, beg your Pastor to join both of you out during a Church service on Sunday. People will dance and they are not expecting food. They came for normal Church service.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ColtPython(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Seems like an old post. I read this same story last year or so.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
You can't eat your cake and still have it, na ur husband wan dey doke your brother wife ? That he would have to help with 120k ontop gini
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by TheMostComplex1: 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
The girl & her family are senseless
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ruggman: 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
How much did your brother contribute to help your husband pay your own bride price? , Are you expecting your husband to pay your bride price and also pay that of your brother's wife ?.
It looks like your family don't support your marriage to that man and tactically looking for how to scater your home.
You better wake up and support your husband otherwise the man will regret marrying you and quit.
NB
Though I suspect this is a mere fabricated story
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by tojahh(m): 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
Madam e be like say you wan see crazy abi
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IgboEmir001: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

You have a family now, which is you, your hubby and kids. Your brother should be responsible for his own marriage, I don't support extortion. Your dad has no right to tell your husband how much to contribute. It is better you leave with your husband in peace. He will help your family when the time is right. Don't force him to do that which he doesn't want to do. You may loose your family in the process...... peace!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by MrBONE2(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Johnholmes:
U must be very senseless to bring dis issue to nairaland. And I must say u are rather wicked.
U wan finish ur husband angry
grin

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Shora fun obinrin, olorun awa pelu e
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
crackhaus:
As usual with lots of naija women, this one wants to use marriage to improve her family's standard of living.

Kudos to the husband for standing his ground.

If her brother cannot afford 400k to pay for his own marriage list, he should kuku remain single. This thing is not by force.

A piece of advise to young men:
If you have struggled to save up 400k on your own, don't go and use it to do marriage I beg you.
[s]Take am go buy keke and give someone who will be paying you weekly returns,[/s] or look for something legit to invest in. The idea is to make that money back...

You people will just see small money, and the next thing you want to do is marry – marriage that you will continue pouring money inside without seeing 1naira profit.
Una get sense at all?

I support everything you wrote except that "Keke Part" Tufia.....
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Wanny20(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Omo for having the enfrontry to come to me for 120k for your brother's wedding as what? Omo you wouldn't find it funny with me as my wife.. I won't be surprised is this people on the other side of the country

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / My Cousin's Advances / Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.