Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,290 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65700 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Joydan95: 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
Both the lady, her father and brother don’t have sense. How can your father tell your husband to contribute 120k from 400k to assist your brother pay his wife’s bride price? Did your brother assist him to pay your bride price

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Shancca: 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

How can a woman be this stupid and crassly irresponsible? Your brother is very irresponsible. Collecting money from family to marry is stupidity and arrant nonsense. Stop disturbing that young man of yours. He not is the breadwinner of your family. Look for something and start earning a living.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sayittome(m): 12:05am On Jun 21, 2021
Let's face it! Your families members are not your husband's responsibility.

I repeat, your family members are not your husband's responsibility even if he paid one naira as your bride price.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by damzy88: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2021
crackhaus:
As usual with lots of naija women, this one wants to use marriage to improve her family's standard of living.

Kudos to the husband for standing his ground.

If her brother cannot afford 400k to pay for his own marriage list, he should kuku remain single. This thing is not by force.

A piece of advise to young men:
If you have struggled to save up 400k on your own, don't go and use it to do marriage I beg you.
Take am go buy keke and give someone who will be paying you weekly returns, or look for something legit to invest in. The idea is to make that money back...

You people will just see small money, and the next thing you want to do is marry – marriage that you will continue pouring money inside without seeing 1naira profit.
Una get sense at all?
Your last paragraph smiley wink
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by tolaswim: 12:40am On Jun 21, 2021
I don't have to contribute anything in terms of comments......Nairaland guys has done justice to it. Kudos
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Kylce042(m): 12:43am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Read this shiii story before a year or 3 years ago.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IJOBA11: 12:55am On Jun 21, 2021
Burgerlomo:

Habaaa you get dirty mind grin
HOW NOW BROS grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by AliAgbede22(m): 1:01am On Jun 21, 2021
Madam ur brother want to marry because he believed he can do it,ur husband have nothing to do with ur brother issues, pls advance make peace with ur husband.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by dotedote: 1:18am On Jun 21, 2021
With all he's done, I still call him MUMU.

Even for giving them the guts to come ask him for the monies, he's a MUMU.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ernecy(m): 1:23am On Jun 21, 2021
What kind of nonsense is that, your brother found a wife he wants to marry, your family expect your husband to come and contribute money for wedding.

Hanty!!!, Please, your family are the inresponsible ones here, with that kind of sense of entitlement.

If ur bro want to marry and his money is not enough, he should wait when he can afford it. It's not ur husband problem, he can help if he choose too not outrightly share the money and ask him to pay stipulated amount.

If he contribute for his wedding, will he contribute to pay his house rent and feed his new family. Your bro is still a child if he can't afford his own wedding

When a man says, he wants to marry, he is ready to pay his bills and any other thing comes with it.

Your husband don't owe ur parents anything not bcuz he paid over 500k bride price, that is infantile behavior, but he should show them love and financial support from time to time as an in-law.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Happy2020: 2:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Another Leech Nigerian woman.
When will we all learn to stay away from them
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by bigcasava1(m): 3:03am On Jun 21, 2021
Ur family is wicked! Ask your father how much he paid during his time. If am ur husband I will maltreat u.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:16am On Jun 21, 2021
So, this lady had not realized that her husband borrowed money to pay up the list, and that he had not finished paying back??
She want him to tell him that in black-and-white language??

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by melviniyke2002(m): 3:43am On Jun 21, 2021
Ur family is very wicked,ur father is heartless,why share 120k to ur husband as wot nah,u too ur been stupid n heartless...Go get a job n support ur husband to build ur young family.....Ur brother shd sort himself out n help ur family....... shocked
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Unitedabby(m): 3:51am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

You are a shamelessly stupiid woman! You lucky oo sey nobi me marry you! You told him he's irresponsible... Thunder fire you there �
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by amadiwati(m): 4:18am On Jun 21, 2021
1. The fact that family members must contribute for marriage is actually off. You said you want to marry, that means you should be equal to the financial implications that comes with it. It doesn't mean they can't help but this akawo contribution is rubbish.

2.Your marriage is paramount and your new family. Your responsibility and support to your husband is paramount. There are better ways to make him see things differently quarrelling in this regard

3. With due respect you not try. You husband earns 70k and your are jobless. Obviously he is everything financial to that house. He feeds you, clothes you, pays house rent. Very soon junior would been the way
on top of his 70k and you want him to bring out 120k for your brother marriage. Aunty think am. And you choose to quarrel your man. You can plead with him to give maybe 30k or within the neigbourhood but 120k no go well.

4. In as much as your husband has turned his back against your family, to some extent I don't blame him. You need to see what men go through in paying dowry. These people are mean. And probably your father played little or role to see that things are dropped. He must has championed in thing self. Like you said its tradition and he must do all. 580k not be here oh. You didn't add womens list. You didn't celebration etc. Some guys would have moved but he stayed for love. So try and find what actually happened that made him turned his back your family financially. But if baba get money he would change his mind.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by LaJoe2: 5:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Since when did men start contributing for their in-laws wedding...i didn't know...not even voluntarily but by right.
So if i want to get married now, my brother-in-law will contribute for me to do so, wonderful! Thats simply ridiculous.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Jeffy1206(m): 6:19am On Jun 21, 2021
This is old and fake news undecided
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by urobo(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2021
1. Why ur husband made a griveous mistake to marry you, after receiving that list and the cost he would've hacked out with ur consent.
2. You didn't do well, you would have gone further to persuade them by telling them the implications of their action.
3. Greed was so much on ur parents. you don't everlasting food once.
4. You are not wise in the marriage. You know what ur husband has gone through and he is angry, you should been more lovely, considerate and patient in your demand.
5. You are not working, your husband's salary is 70k, do you know if he has finished paying his debt for ur marriage.
6. Your parents are not even ashame, when you got married how much did your brother or parents contribute for you to help your husband?
7. Your parents have seen how enomous it is to sponsor marriage, they should bear the hardship.
8. If you are not careful, your actions will lead to divorce and you will regret it for long except God steps into this case.
8. It seems you love to your parents more than your husband. Read Genesis where the Bible says "For this cause..... a man and woman shall join together to become ONE" U are not one in this marriage because of he attitude.
9. Turn around and veg your husband NOW before it's too late to forgive your trepasses, be warned.
10. Your brother should find how to marry his wife, come out of your family for now, your brother is like LOT to you now, becareful, keep your marriage by coming close to ur husband now, respect his opinion for now he will change when he sees that you understand his situation.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by TIJAY01: 7:07am On Jun 21, 2021
For this man, he has no business contributing a dine to your younger brother wedding, do you married him as a poverty allivation program for your family after collecting huge amount from him as pride price, you as wife you are an ingrate as well as inresponsible.
Your husband is a gentlemen and love you else by now you would have carried a swollen face for calling him names when he has done no wrong, supporting
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2021
She's an ingrate, why did she not contribute to the wedding, does she think it's only the man that contribute towards the wedding, even if she didn't have any work today, she should have hustle with her hands, and now she expects her husband to give to her people when she's not working and the little resources is not even enough for their feeding, clothing and rent, she should be considerate, he will definitely send when things improve.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Rupertek: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2021
A lot of readers didn't understand the story because f the falsified way it is headlined. The #580,000 was not bride price , was not collected by the lady's family. Most of it was used to buy other requirements which even the family didn't benefit from.
But the fact remains, even if all were bride price or not, how do you expect a man that earns just 70k monthly to take care of both of you, his family and your parent's family? Your brother wants to marry and your father allocated quota of your husband's contribution? If your brother is not ready for marriage, he should wait until he is ready .
Go find something doing to assist your husband
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sukar886: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No must you call ipob ,una they find them trouble,pls let them be

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by yollychika(f): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2021
Ur family wan kill ur husband u sef dey help them! Irresponsible woman! Nonsense!!!!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Dpundict: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding
#areatalkreport

This part of it has me thinking. When he was getting married to you did your family consider him? When they refused to reduce the amount did they think about after the marriage and what he will feel around the family? Is he the one going to enjoy the marriage of your younger brother that your father will lay that 120k burden on him? If your brother can't foot the bill alone wtf is he even trying to get married to someone's daughter so she can join him in his hardship?.
Well! I stand by him on this one, one good turn deserves another, i will not be surprised if he later decides not to have you visit home or even hang around your family because your hostile family couldn't open their arms and give you out to him joyfully so that later he will freely associate and spend on them as a result. I personally will not contribute to it even if I am rich enough to do so because if he can't do it alone now, he will later come and be asking for money to feed his wife and kids. I will not be surprised if the marriage goes south if she doesn't handle the issue with care.
I, personally would have called off that wedding on ground of their hostile position because it will be difficult to blend in with the family after the marriage when the mum and dad who are supposed to be happy their daughter has found a home rears up that nasty attitude of hostility.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Lilphillips(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
He paid #580k for your bride price knowing he earns #70k that means a full salary of 8 months and more.

If your family labour him your brother's wedding expenses of #120k that means a total of #700k which means he has served your family with his 10 months salary. Just two more months to make him a slave of 1 full calendar year denying him his full salary for him to satisfy your family.
Thank you very much

If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty.

Just let your brother go Hussle for himself.

Him self wan marry, wan do like real men but cannot gather ordinary 400k. Still have to do sharing formular.

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Angusonyeoma(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2021
Lazy kpekus [color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2021
This woman is extremely selfish, self-entitled and inconsiderate..... The man did the right thing... Her greedy parents thinks that he is an ATM
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by engrsyer(m): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2021
he must have saved for a very long time to be able to pay that amount as bride price and his love for u knows no bound. 8months is rather too
early for him to be saddled with helping ur family,
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sylve11: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2021
hisgrace090:

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.

very importanter. cool

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Georgereal277(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Just apologise to your husband and try to understand the situation here , he has his perents , his own family that depends on 70k monthly and he spent N580k on you , try to understand him because is not easy ooo
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sylve11: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2021
Easyincome24:

If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty.

this part made me laugh grin grin grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower' / Christian Oluchukwu Nwodia Missing Person: Please Have You Seen This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.