Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards (4022 Views)

Asari .igbos Had Been Slaves To The Ijaws Historically. / Igbos We Must Not Put This Fulani Burden On Our Children[video] / 2023 We Igbos We Take Over Aso Rock - Man Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by mrvitalis(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2021
Mangekyo:

Im Delta igbo, hate to admit.
Yall are brave but less tactical. If you bring it here, you're only gonna draw the military on us. No one wants that as they do kill innocent peeps sometimes. When you become tactical and stop killing police officers, we will accept you pipo no doubt
Who told u told people are not your brothers

U are either igbo or not igbo nothing like delta igbo ...

Are the soldiers not in anioma already ...I read how fulanis wiped off a village n kwale in early 2000s

Bros the only way to avoid army n police is to let fulanis have their ways

14 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by mrvitalis(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2021
nlreserve:
My dear, I'm sure you must have seen posts about some of us regretting the act. That era of foolishness is gone because we are almost helpless now
That's past , we have moved on ...we all did alot under ignorance ... fulanis have failed that's the truth

8 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by ScamHunter: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2021
mrvitalis:

Now their main target is to conquer benue ...the thought that was already in the bag ...they can't believe it not possible to subdue benue and southern kaduna by now

They would keep losing more ground ...oyo then ogun was almost sure for them before now

They have been exposed ..battle over

I watched one YouTube video where IPOB was asking Ortom to invite them officially to Benue for ESN to handle the situation, that the Fulani terrorists there would be a thing of the past. But you know na, everybody is shouting Igbo wants to dominate them. Even southern minorities. Maybe Benue too are scared of Igbo domination. Fulani na tourists while Igbo na dominants.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by pasuma(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2021
If not for the Igbos, we wouldn't have been in this mess in the first instance..
First it was Zik, he took the Ceremonial position even when they never wanted anything to do with the south.

Then Came Ironsi with his sectarian killing of all other politicians except his own people , then he brought the unitary constitution thanks to Prof. Ben Nwanbueze who is now crying...

Yeye dey smell
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by MansoryMX(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2021
Bonavi:
Igbos are the reason other ethnic nationalities even the Yorubas are still in control of their various regions and places.
The Fulani agenda is clear, overrun the entire country and institute Fulani emirs in every nook and crannies of the country.
So i feel Igbos should be accorded the required respect if we want to be true to ourselves. Igbos are taking the bullet for all of us

Truth a lot of people don’t want to hear!

7 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by kingsceedon(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2021
pasuma:
If not for the Igbos, we wouldn't have been in this mess in the first instance..
First it was Zik, he took the Ceremonial position even when they never wanted anything to do with the south.

Then Came Ironsi with his sectarian killing of all other politicians except his own people , then he brought the unitary constitution thanks to Prof. Ben Nwanbueze who is now crying...

Yeye dey smell

I pity the yorubas, the game is about to start, hahahahaha everybody go answer him papa name very soon

3 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeIgbos: 8:59am On Jun 22, 2021
mrvitalis:

Not just igbos but IPOB

Really when they started I personally never took them serious ...even with the insult Jonathan presidency ignored them

But buhari came and started wanting to shut them up by all means ...I didn't even sense it

IPOB kept saying fulanis have agenda and igbos , south south and yorubas are foolish for not seeing it , the cried people like me ignored it , ..he said they have almost conquered benue

Like it or not IPOB made use reject ruga when it was offered ...if not most of us won't even read meaning to it ...... accepting ruga would have been the end

Fulanis never believed RUGA would be rejected that scattered their plans ...

The plan of I initiate ruga under buhari hand over to south cool off for like 50 years then demand emirs in those RUGA that would be populated by fulanis from Africa...then final onslaught

You're absolutely right!
That's why the mention of IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu gives them nightmares grin grin

Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB group are grossly underated, these people did a great job in creating awareness and helping to galvanize Southerners and Christian parts of middle belt. Even important personalities in the middle belt like Obadaih Mailafia often showers encomium on the group and I can tell you that so many others both within and outside Igboland secretly admire and acknowledge them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeIgbos: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2021
ScamHunter:

I watched one YouTube video where IPOB was asking Ortom to invite them officially to Benue for ESN to handle the situation, that the Fulani terrorists there would be a thing of the past. But you know na, everybody is shouting Igbo wants to dominate them. Even southern minorities. Maybe Benue too are scared of Igbo domination. Fulani na tourists while Igbo na dominants.

I think the basic reason why they don't want to invite ESN is fear of Abuja. They might even assassinate Ortom if he does that because they will feel threatened that Benue they have almost conquered is about to be fully liberated.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Elock1: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2021
mrvitalis:

Now their main target is to conquer benue ...the thought that was already in the bag ...they can't believe it not possible to subdue benue and southern kaduna by now

They would keep losing more ground ...oyo then ogun was almost sure for them before now

They have been exposed ..battle over
Hmmm, my problem is why people still call Nnamdi Kanu fraudster when all he predicted dy play out so

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeIgbos: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2021
Bonavi:
Igbos are the reason other ethnic nationalities even the Yorubas are still in control of their various regions and places.
The Fulani agenda is clear, overrun the entire country and institute Fulani emirs in every nook and crannies of the country.
So i feel Igbos should be accorded the required respect if we want to be true to ourselves. Igbos are taking the bullet for all of us

You're right and matured enough to acknowledge that publicly. The fulanis already know that and that's why they are now willing to allow Igbos go. They know as long as we remain in Nigeria, their plans of totally conquering all others will be difficult to achieve, if not impossible.

13 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by kingsceedon(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2021
Elock1:
Hmmm, my problem is why people still call Nnamdi Kanu fraudster when all he predicted dy play out so

My brother, they just hate that great guy Nnamdi Kanu for saying the truth, but I promise nigerian one thing, everyone must surely see the realities on ground before they leave this planet, you can hate someone for saying the truth, but you can never cover up the truth

10 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Mangekyo: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2021
ScamHunter:

Are you not the same chap opposing ESN in the other thread?

And? undecided
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeIgbos: 9:26am On Jun 22, 2021
kingsceedon:

Many of us risk our lives to make sure South East and South South forest remain safe for our parents to farm their farming without been killed or molested by Fulani herdsmen, instead of you guys to dey encourage us, most of you guys are mocking us calling us all kinds of names, I only pity the Yorubas

Nwa nna, oburu n'ezia n'ibu onye otu ndi ESN, oga adikwa nma ka i gbalia na adi discreet. Social media abughi kwa ebe iga abia n'agwa oha nmadu n'ibu onye otu ESN maka na ndi otu dss nwekwara ike jiri nke ana akpo IP gi were chowa ebe ino.

Chineke gozie onye obula n'agba mbo n'ichekwa obodo anyi.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by kingsceedon(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Nwa nna, oburu n'ezia n'ibu onye otu ndi ESN, oga adikwa nma ka i gbalia na adi discreet. Social media abughi kwa ebe iga abia n'agwa oha nmadu n'ibu onye otu ESN maka na ndi otu dss nwekwara ike jiri nke ana akpo IP gi were chowa ebe ino.

Chinese gozie onye obula n'agba mbo n'ichekwa obodo anyi.

Eziokwu ka ikwuru, mana hapucha ihe ga eme, Ejim VPN na ahazi onwem, Udo diri kwa gi

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by makemoneywbsite: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You're right and matured enough to acknowledge that publicly. The fulanis already know that and that's why they are now willing to allow Igbos go. They know as long as we remain in Nigeria, their plans of totally conquering all others will be difficult to achieve, if not impossible.

I have seen this issue discussed. It's obvious that the Fulani are eager to see the Igbo go. Even the Dot in A Circle statement indirectly alluded to that. The rate at which they have been endorsing referendum for Igbo is a pointer that everyone should know is a ploy to isolate the Igbo influence on other Nigerians. Obviously, with Igbo gone, these other tribes would be mince meat for them. Who Can Challenge Fulani Apart From Igbo? Maybe the Jukuns may try, but they do not have the numerical strength to withstand combined onslaught from the security forces. The Kanuris, the other brave tribe are already worn down with Boko Haram.

Anyway, my opinion is that if they agree to all Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Cross River and Akwa Ibom, IPOB should grab that opportunity. Why should Igbo keep dying for others, who would turn around tomorrow to mock us?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by makemoneywbsite: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2021
kingsceedon:

Eziokwu ka ikwuru, mana hapucha ihe ga eme, Ejim VPN na ahazi onwem, Udo diri kwa gi
Enyi a, VPN a gaghi azoputa gi ma ha chowa gi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by limeta(f): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2021
Mangekyo:

You must be IPOB, obviously. Well I won't insult you under this post. I'll praise you for your Bravery instead. You folks should keep it up although you have to learn to be tactical undecided

Go join them and change something
be useful for once

2 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by tunjiajayi: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2021
tamdun:

Tunji Ajayi? Í Am 100% sure nobody use their full name on nairaland, this acc is fake

grin
I am sure when I opened this account you were still in Js1 or so?

Back to the matter, how can you people possibly be this self delusional that you continually claim you are better than others?
That is plain psychosis.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Ekpeitit(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Bonavi:
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Ekpeitit(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Thank you Igbos,but shut up,you make too much noise.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2021
The Igbo people are the only reason we are all enslaved in Nigeria. If only the Igbo people allowed the true regional federal government to continue without plotting s coup to enslave us all.

What some Igbo people are doing now especially ipob is medicine after death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by IduNaOba: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Chinese gozie onye obula n'agba mbo n'ichekwa obodo anyi.

Agụ!!!! Nara atọ biko.
Otú I si were asụsụ ala anyị dee ebu m n'uche gị a
Atọka m ezigbo ụtọ n'ime ala ala obi m.
Igbo amaka cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by tungamaje: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2021
obehi247:
The Igbo people are the only reason we are all enslaved in Nigeria. If only the Igbo people allowed the through regional federal government to continue without plotting s coup to enslave us all.

We are not talking about what happened in our fathers' era but the current plan to take over indigenous lands and settle foreign Fulanis through RUGA

8 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2021
tungamaje:

We are not talking about what happened in our fathers' era but the current plan to take over indigenous lands and settle foreign Fulanis through RUGA

The past help to guide and control the future.

What happened in our fathers era is the reason the Fulani thinks they own Nigeria.

I have taken time to study the pre and post independent Nigeria and discover our problem and the problem we are facing in Nigeria is caused by the Igbo people of the 60s and this generation are not even sorry of the mistakes of their fathers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by 2elliot: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2021
obehi247:
The Igbo people are the only reason we are all enslaved in Nigeria. If only the Igbo people allowed the true regional federal government to continue without plotting s coup to enslave us all.

You still don't get it. It was just a matter of time, regionalism would have been destroyed whether it was through Igbo coup or not. In fact, we can be too certain if all of those actions had the Fulani influence. They have shown themselves as users of people.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by 2elliot: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2021
obehi247:

What happened in our fathers era is the reason the Fulani thinks they own Nigeria.

I have taken time to study the pre and post independent Nigeria and discover our problem and the problem we are facing in Nigeria is caused by the Igbo people of the 60s and this generation are not even sorry of the mistakes of their fathers
Then, you still haven't read history. Tell me, if the crisis between Fulani's and other tribes in CAR are also caused by Igbos. Or the one that made Ghana to ban Fulani open crazing. Or what of the fulani and Dogan wars? The track record of fulanis in Africa is always oppression of other tribes. They don't need a reason to do what they always do. In fact, we were just lucky the colonial masters came, if not the whole of Nigeria and africa would have been a conquered territory. Fulanis are moved by a greater agenda to conquer us all and dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean; so not even Ironsi, ojukwu or anyone of them could have controlled any outcome. It is beyond such scope. We are just lucky for this new awakening, if not we would have all been bleeped.

8 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Fiestafetta: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2021
This is on point sha
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeIgbos: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2021
makemoneywbsite:

I have seen this issue discussed. It's obvious that the Fulani are eager to see the Igbo go. Even the Dot in A Circle statement indirectly alluded to that. The rate at which they have been endorsing referendum for Igbo is a pointer that everyone should know is a ploy to isolate the Igbo influence on other Nigerians. Obviously, with Igbo gone, these other tribes would be mince meat for them. Who Can Challenge Fulani Apart From Igbo? Maybe the Jukuns may try, but they do not have the numerical strength to withstand combined onslaught from the security forces. The Kanuris, the other brave tribe are already worn down with Boko Haram.

Anyway, my opinion is that if they agree to all Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Cross River and Akwa Ibom, IPOB should grab that opportunity. Why should Igbo keep dying for others, who would turn around tomorrow to mock us?

Their plan was to use their control of government at the centre to isolate Igbos and make Igbophobia a national ideology. It has been working since 1970 and they succeeded in subduing us during the many years of military rule.

However, recent factors have completely changed the dynamics:

1. The emergence of internet/social media which means our relatively educated masses as well as the millions abroad can now speak with one voice.

2. Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB also arrived the scene at a critical time.

3. A combination of corruption, mismanagement of resources and Islamic jihardists as well as poverty and hunger ravaging the land all combined to make Nigerians restive, frustrated and angry.

The fulanis must have considered the above factors and realized that they can't make any further headway in their ulterior plans based on the status quo, so they are now looking at possible ways to rally other Nigerians against Igbos as a first plan or allow Igbos go without the rest of South breaking away too.

It is not a coincidence to see most of their elite come out openly to either insult Igbos or mock us. "Why must Igbos be allowed to rule, is it turn-by-turn Nigeria LTD" "5%" "dot in a circle" "Igbos have properties all over Nigeria" Igbos have no place to go" "spare parts sellers" "we have gotten agreement with SS" etc are all calculated to bring our psyche down but unfortunately for them, Igbos are smart enough to understand the game and we own each insult and turn it into something to make fun with like it's nothing demeaning.

To worsen their predicament, Igbo governors and ministers who they always intimidate and arm twist to bring us down have lost control. Nobody now listens to them or even respects them.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Fejoku: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2021
obehi247:

No one should waste his time discussing this topic with you. You're a high profile ignorant but arrogant ingrate. No lecture can correct your disjointed sense of history.
Before the 1966 coup, Awolowo was already jailed by the Balewa government and Western Nigeria(Yorubaland) was on the path of total conquest. Samuel Akintola was just a pun without his own knowledge. Yorubas were effectively divided with internal destruction that was culminated into the popular wild wild west nomenclature of the region. An intervention was desperately needed and there's no where such intervention could have come if not from one of the Big 3s. It's on record that people all over rejoiced when the news of the coup filtered through. Looking from the historical perspective, Igbos lost more from that intervention while other tribes that could have been swallowed up by the momentum of Sardauna had a breathing space. They up till date don't regard that intervention as a saving factor for them. Where TIVs not been killed in the 60s? Was the fulani conquest not real during Sardauna's time? Are there no statements credited to him that was explicit enough about his aims? Igbo men who were visionary enough have always stuck out their heads to save others but what we always get in return is false accusations based on unfounded fear of Igbo domination. Look at where it has landed Nigeria. What's the worst thing that Igbos could have done to Nigeria if they were to have led her? Would Nigeria have been this destroyed? Would life have been this valueless in Nigeria? This penchant of hating Igbos because of fear is what fulanis have exploited to the fullest. Of all the countries fulanis had forcefully initiated jihads all over West Africa, there's non they still wield political power but Nigeria because other tribes within those countries cut them down to size. Why is the Nigerian case different? This is what other indigenous tribes of Nigeria should be asking themselves.
IPOB with MNK as her leader have currently done a fantastic job in exposing the fulanis once again. We are currently battling for the survival of other tribes. The least we expect is for those other tribes to join the fulani army in fighting us. They should form their own security and battle the fulani terrorists attacking their lands and give us moral support too. We have been sacrificing a lot for the people of Nigeria.
God Bless IPOB
God Bless MNK.

8 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by tamdun: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2021
tunjiajayi:

grin
I am sure when I opened this account you were still in Js1 or so?

Back to the matter, how can you people possibly be this self delusional that you continually claim you are better than others?
That is plain psychosis.

Na when u finish sec sch? U think sey na kid full nairaland?
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by amc: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2021
This thread is so funny. How would the others have become slaves? Sales to who? The Fulani herder, the okada rider or the aboki?

Some of you youths have lost your minds.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Walkee: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2021
A conglomeration of Igbos gathered to give themselves a cunninligus

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUSTED: APC Gubernatorial Aspirant Caught Celebrating Taliban's Victory / Peter Obi arrived Kaduna Stadium for campaign rally (photos) / Nigerians React To Atiku's Visit To Bala Muhammed With Tinubu's Portrait Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.