Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards (4007 Views)

Asari .igbos Had Been Slaves To The Ijaws Historically. / Igbos We Must Not Put This Fulani Burden On Our Children[video] / 2023 We Igbos We Take Over Aso Rock - Man Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Ifedichi1: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2021
obehi247:

The past help to guide and control the future.

What happened in our fathers era is the reason the Fulani thinks they own Nigeria.

I have taken time to study the pre and post independent Nigeria and discover our problem and the problem we are facing in Nigeria is caused by the Igbo people of the 60s and this generation are not even sorry of the mistakes of their fathers

Point out those mistakes and the people involved.

Don't tell me stories oo, I need facts.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by ariesbull: 8:30am On Jun 23, 2021
Bonavi:
Igbos are the reason other ethnic nationalities even the Yorubas are still in control of their various regions and places.
The Fulani agenda is clear, overrun the entire country and institute Fulani emirs in every nook and crannies of the country.
So i feel Igbos should be accorded the required respect if we want to be true to ourselves. Igbos are taking the bullet for all of us

You said the truth

It was Igbo that ensured that 13% came to Niger Delta , Created South South for them and now standing as opposition whike others have rumbled and crumbled
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by caleboxylic: 9:06am On Jun 23, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You're right and matured enough to acknowledge that publicly. The fulanis already know that and that's why they are now willing to allow Igbos go. They know as long as we remain in Nigeria, their plans of totally conquering all others will be difficult to achieve, if not impossible.

And if we leave,they will restructure immediately while controlling the police and army.

I'm for Alaigbo or Igbo nation only. Igbos in south south and north central should join their brothers in south east to form a nation.
Any Igbo speaking/clan in these zones that aren't interest will be left.

I pray Igbo nation emerges.

God bless Igbo land.
God bless Alaigbo.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by makemoneywbsite: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2021
Kaysalas:

Hi, you guys had better modify these posts from the beginning. Google translate already gave me a picture of your discussions. It might not be exact, but I got a good hint. Try it and see for yourselves.

Are you Afonja?
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by fregeneh(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2021
obehi247:

After reading some of your lengthy write up to answer your question and also you not only need sense but education.

Before the 1966 coup, and also, after loosing the presidential or head of govt election, he wanted Samuel Akintola to step down for his to become premier of the western region".

Yorubas were effectively divided with internal destruction that was culminated into the popular wild wild west nomenclature of the region "funny what about Isaac boro and Niger Delta republic in the Eastern region".

An intervention was desperately needed and there's no where such intervention could have come if not from one of the Big 3s. It's on record that people all over rejoiced when the news of the coup filtered through. 'It was only the igbos of the Eastern region that rejoiced and it is also on record that Nnuadi Azkiwe said "the gods of the Igbo have destiny the igbos to rule over Nigeria and all of Africa" and it is only the igbos of the southern nigeria that have the duty to intervene for the other region that makes up the southern Nigeria'.

Igbo men who were visionary enough have always stuck out their heads to save others but what we always get in return is false accusations based on unfounded fear of Igbo domination "and the igbos are till this very day not visionary enough to achieve Biafra"

The greedy nature of the igbos people have caused and still causing the problem of Nigeria even anioma and ikwere people don't want anything to do with the igbos

In the 60s the Eastern region was the 5th fastest growing economy in the world and they were in charge of key postion in Nigeria but because of greed still wanted more because they know the northern Nigeria was not educated enough.

Me question to you Mr knowth why did the NCNC not form alliance with the AG knowing prior independent the northern Nigeria we're very scared of independent know fully well the southern Nigeria were very educated than them and they did everything possible to sabotage independent of Nigeria from the British

In case you don't know southern Nigeria got her independent first before the northern Nigeria and collectively as Nigeria got independent in 1960

Mr! Did you say awolowo jailed for stealing public fund? Where did you get that?
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Okwyjesus(m): 9:49am On Jun 23, 2021
Bonavi:
Igbos are the reason other ethnic nationalities even the Yorubas are still in control of their various regions and places.
The Fulani agenda is clear, overrun the entire country and institute Fulani emirs in every nook and crannies of the country.
So i feel Igbos should be accorded the required respect if we want to be true to ourselves. Igbos are taking the bullet for all of us

Am not saying bcs am an lgbo man.

Other tribe need to appreciate the push and resistance of the lgbos. Believe me once lgbos pull out, Nigeria will be horrible for other tribes.

But l like bigger ONE NIGERIA SHHAA.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by melodyogonna(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2021
obehi247:

You think Igbo people are the only sensible people on Earth. My brother it's a very big lie.

With all yourself acclaimed sense, you can not even achieve ordinary common independent state of Biafra

Aburi was a scam, the igbos people know the northerners we're not educated enough and insisted on a close door meeting with only military personnel from the north

Aboki them could not distinguish between federal and confederation

It was a mid westerner that wrote that, that Accord was a complete rubbish document before aboki get sense.

Igbo people have achieve more in Nigeria than Biafra and they should be grateful
Gowon had training in England
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Guyman02: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2021
Fulanis are only 6% of Nigerian population and they hold more than 50% of political appointments at federal level.

They are the Emir of the Hausas who are 30% of Nigeria's population.
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by fregeneh(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2021
makemoneywbsite:

Reading your comments, I came to two conclusions:
1) You're lying that you studied, or
2) You're not an intelligent student

The reason I came to that conclusion is that any intelligent person who bothered to study the events of the 60s knows that Igbos (if we term it an Igbo coup) practically saved the Yoruba and the so-called Benue of today. Let me add that that salvation may be short-lived since that threat of Fulani invasion and conquest may just have been delayed by the Igbos for 60 years, since the same Fulani are back in full force in Benue and are presently camping in Yorubaland poised to accomplish what the so-called Igbo coup halted in the 60s.

Ungrateful Nigerians always mock Igbo by standing truth on its head. For your information, that coup was led by the first Nigerian soldier who was trained in military intelligence, an Igbo man, Chukwuma Nzeogwu, who uncovered the same Fulani plot to enslave native tribes. At that time, Yoruba people had already been programmed by the same Fulani through their stooge, Akintola to kill themselves. There was practically an ongoing Yoruba civil war. In the middlebelt, the Fulani had already sent in troops, just the way they did in Imo and Igbo recently and were massacring young Tiv men. This genocide that was planned by Fulani against you lot was what Igbo officers and others saw and acted, but you all including the Yoruba and Tiv turned around to make Igbo the villains.

Do you see why I said that finally, that Fulani conquest may still be realized, especially among the Yoruba and Tiv? In fact, it is just a step to be realized and trust Fulani tenacity. It will be realized. Tiv people, Yoruba and even Edo people joined Fulani controlled army and Hausa people in murdering thousands of Igbo civilians for the action of soldiers that were not even only Igbos.

In case you're not aware. That coup had the support of all Nigerians and they welcomed it because they though it prevented a crisis. In fact, it is on record that the Nigerian Airforce planes flew in the North, in solidarity for the coup, but trust the British and their ability to manipulate foolish Africans. They teleguided the northerners and Yoruba through their Home Office and made Igbo the fall guys, why? They handed Nigeria over to Fulani and it seemed that their plan had been thwarted. The British only manipulated your fathers to hand power back to Fulani to continue their conquest, and today, 60 years later, they're in your forests in Yorubaland and have all but conquered the Tivs. Talk about nemesis? Is Igbo saving you again? Anyway, I heard IPOB is ready to save the Tivs again, but I do not see the sense in Nnamdi Kanu sending any Igbo man to Yoruba forests because you guys represent MOCKERY on legs. I personally believe Igbos willingness to help the Benue is to create a buffer for Igbo land, but you see Yoruba, you'll either fight for your land and die for freedom or go on exile.

You your for father's and generation yet unborn are the real ape and monkeys in Igbo forest,am very sure you're not told or you're just being plainly stupid, its wasn't the British that handed Nigeria to fulani, but instead your blind,hateful, unimaginative Igbo foreleaders did
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Guyman02: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2021
flamingREED:
" taking the bullets for all of us" is a nice use of imagery.
That RUGA rejection meant that the IPOB message had been nationally received.
That's why Buhari is focused on destroying them, meeting Nicodemusly with South South to block their access to the sea and putting them in an encycled dot. Kudos to the Igbos for taking the bullet to save minorities in Nigeria from domination.

Fulanis are only 6% of Nigerian population and they hold more than 50% of political appointments at federal level.

They are the Emir of the Hausa who are 30% of Nigeria population.

2 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Guyman02: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2021
nlreserve:
The reason I support the Igbos with my whole heart is because I have been living with them and I know them very much. I married from them. Forget all those bragging things, it only happens on social media.
Successful Igbos are the most humble. The one thing I love about the igbos is that they don't like being intimidated or subdued or cheated. Forget it, they always have way to voice their dissatisfaction even after being silent for a while. They're the only stubborn tribe that is speaking for the rest of us.

For we Idomas, we are closer to them than the hausas/Tiv and would prefer to be in same country with them if Nigeria eventually breaks up

You are right, Idomas are very close relatives to the Igbos, the British tried to destroy that relationship by putting Idomas in the northern protectorate and alienating Idomas from their close Igbo neighbours and focusing on building a fake alliance with the Fulani in Sokoto.
The culture of Idoma and Igbo is basically the same, they even bear same surnames with Igbos in Enugu state and their first daughters called Ada have a lot of influence in their fathers house and have the same market days calendar.

If not for the British map and attempted indotrination by Fulani rulers in the North Idomas would be competing with Igbos in terms of business acumen like it was before the colonial masters arrived
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by fregeneh(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2021
BiafIntel:

If only you foolish nigerians did not sabotage Aburi accord due to your envy of the Igbos, every region would have still been existing.

Wonderful! Why did agui ironsi IBO man abolish the regional governments only for ojukwu another IBO man to go to aburi less than a year later seeking begin and searching for it
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Guyman02: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2021
nlreserve:
My dear, I'm sure you must have seen posts about some of us regretting the act. That era of foolishness is gone because we are almost helpless now
It was an unfortunate and regrettable era and many people in Benue/Plateau still can't believe that they fought and killed their close neighbours on behalf of Fulanis angered by the killings of prominent northern politicians in what was fraudulently called "Igbo coup".
It shows the level that Fulanis can go with Taqqiya, it was manipulation that will never happen again.
Major Gideon Orkar was so pissed off by the civil war deception of the Tivs that he announced the excision of Fulani dominated states from Nigeria.

Tiv warriors ended the Jihad if Uthman Dan Fodio and it seems they have never been forgiven

2 Likes

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by FreeBiafra2018(m): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2021
tunjiajayi:
Yamrees you people can not continue like this now.
Make una dey use una NO 6 Na, if una get.

Abokki will always sound like Abokki anytime you hear them talk grin cow brains

Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
melodyogonna:

Gowon had training in England

I don't know about his military training but his Educational training was after the coup that remove him as head of state
Re: If Not For The Igbos, We All Would Have Been Slaves Even In Our Own Backyards by Jackmj(m): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2021
nlreserve:
The reason I support the Igbos with my whole heart is because I have been living with them and I know them very much. I married from them. Forget all those bragging things, it only happens on social media.
Successful Igbos are the most humble. The one thing I love about the igbos is that they don't like being intimidated or subdued or cheated. Forget it, they always have way to voice their dissatisfaction even after being silent for a while. They're the only stubborn tribe that is speaking for the rest of us.

For we Idomas, we are closer to them than the hausas/Tiv and would prefer to be in same country with them if Nigeria eventually breaks up
Must you mention Tiv?
Who want stay with una before.infact they should give you apa State now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Biafra National Guard "Galistic" Missile That Will Destroy Nigeria / FG Moves To Assist Ekiti On Ecological Issues / The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.