Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO (3879 Views)

Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) / What Would You Do If Someone Did This In Your Car? (PHOTO) / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2021
21k a month and drives a crappy CLS. grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by OfficialDJ: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2021
HeavenlyBang:
21k a month and drives a crappy CLS. grin
oh I drive my cls because of its aesthetics...

I've ordered for a 2015 cls and it ships soon. I'd post it here for you dilapidated crac.kheads to ma.sturbate on... grin

There are levels to these things I reiterate, you K-legged gay albino who frolicks awka servicing the cocks of okpa hawkers..
Joke's on your oblong head and skinny body.... grin

10 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:05am On Jun 26, 2021
K.
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by OfficialDJ: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2021
HeavenlyBang:
K.
you meant your knotted leg structure....
Broke Google engineer wannabe whose life is pathetically shitty off of nairaland...
Skinny obtuse looking hermaphrodite grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2021
SchoolPedia:

What Car gives you this 100km for 12l? That's about 2k fuel.

My Corolla 2002 only gives me 40km for every 2k fuel (12 litres). It's like I am missing out on something.

Highway driving not city driving it's an Honda CUV with 2.4L i4 engine
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Prettylima(f): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2021
OfficialDJ:
you meant your knotted leg structure....
Broke Google engineer wannabe whose life is pathetically shitty off of nairaland...
Skinny obtuse looking hermaphrodite grin
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2021
bonnyhope:

It is easy to say invest your money
Now I have 1M, kindly give me 2 investment opportunities

There are several investment opportunities in different sectors, I am based in tech and agric.

With 1m I did order used systems (laptops) from abroad fix or scrap and resell, I did this business for 4years and I have made a profit of 100k in a day b4 and there are days even months you won't make shishi. I don't know how lucrative the business is still.

Agriculture business garri is very expensive because a new cassava processing factory just opened in Ore and a new one in PH or is it rivers they would need cassava chips. If you plant TME419 today within 8 to 12months you will be smiling to the bank.

My favorite is plantain because my retirement plan is to process plantain to plantain chips and flour.

Vegetables too are money spinners as they mature within a month I know how much I have saved from my personal ugu farm for consumption.

Anything you plant or animal you rear can be turned into money, agriculture is a big business that's the investment I know about.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Is it a plantain Farm??

That's very huge

Rubber plantation

1 Like

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by yesloaded: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2021
SchoolPedia:

What Car gives you this 100km for 12l? That's about 2k fuel.

My Corolla 2002 only gives me 40km for every 2k fuel (12 litres). It's like I am missing out on something.

Your car fuel consumption is abnormal
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by zabimaru: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:
h author=OfficialDJ post=103066272]in a bid to sound politically correct, you sound incoherent.

How do you own two cars, and enter public transportation, and at the same time earn 6 figures monthly. Those three sentences CANNOT go together Mr.

Fuelling each car every month shouldn't take more than 20-25k except there are fuel guzzlers.

It doesn't make sense to own a car, or two in your case and still take public transport.

Except you're a miser.
Upgrade your thinking bro....
Drops pen

In a bid to sound sensible you sound st***p but since you asked a question, let me answer you just a bit.

I work in a plantation 10,000 hectares if you research how big 10k hectares is and what a plantation entails I have answered the question of not using my car.

My hometown is 400km from my workplace, my work is stressful, I prefer to enter public transport and sleep in the bus throughout the journey than drive and use 4hrs from ibafo to berger not to talk of driving almost 300km none stop. It's also cheaper in terms of fuel as my vehicle uses 12L/100km in highway driving transportation cost me 4k only to my door step.

Security wise if public transport breakdown I find my way immediately, if my personal vehicle breakdown I must find a way to secure it first b4 moving on.

A simple "I live in Lagos" should have sufficed.
It's like you really wanted to tame.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
zabimaru:

I don't live in Lagos, left since Dec 2019
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by zabimaru: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

I don't live in Lagos, left since Dec 2019

Oh okay..
Nice one
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nezzjnr: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

Rubber plantation
That's nice oo

Here I was thinking Cultivating plantain of 100 acres is actually huge
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:

That's nice oo

Here I was thinking Cultivating plantain of 100 acres is actually huge

100 acres of plantain is huge bro that's almost 10,000 stands multiplied by 500naira per bunch that's 5million naira yearly atleast.

Trees crops always have more land size because they require more spacing in planting
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nezzjnr: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

100 acres of plantain is huge bro that's almost 10,000 stands multiplied by 500naira per bunch that's 5million naira yearly atleast.

Trees crops always have more land size because they require more spacing in planting
That's 100, 000 stands

Someone in Nairaland has 80 acres and planning to expand to times 3 of that next year.

A bunch goes for the minimum 700 - 1000
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nezzjnr: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

It's advisable to use 800 stands per acre if you are depending on rain
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:

That's 100, 000 stands

Someone in Nairaland has 80 acres and planning to expand to times 3 of that next year.

A bunch goes for the minimum 700 - 1000

A bunch is more than your quoted price, small bunch start at 1k for farm gate price in Benin, Ondo, ijebu ode axis. I just use 500 as profit per bunch after expenses to market and transport has been removed and inadvertently all bunch won't be small and some stands would produce 2 bunch.
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nezzjnr: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

A bunch is more than your quoted price, small bunch start at 1k for farm gate price in Benin, Ondo, ijebu ode axis. I just use 500 as profit per bunch after expenses to market and transport has been removed and inadvertently all bunch won't be small and some stands would produce 2 bunch.
It's better to use The Giant Hybrid suckers....

I guess selling to Processing companies is much better than selling to Markets like Mile12 and idiroko
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nezzjnr:

It's better to use The Giant Hybrid suckers....

I guess selling to Processing companies is much better than selling to Markets like Mile12 and idiroko

One can have a mixture of the 2 companies may collect and pay in a week or 2 weeks time also they have specs you have to meet.

Open Market pay cash on delivery or cash on sighting goods at your farm, they buy all specs even rotten ones grin your profit depends on your negotiating power with the open markets.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nezzjnr: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

One can have a mixture of the 2 companies may collect and pay in a week or 2 weeks time also they have specs you have to meet.

Open Market pay cash on delivery or cash on sighting goods at your farm, they buy all specs even rotten ones grin your profit depends on your negotiating power with the open markets.
cheesy cheesy

I prefer the Open market own abeg

Those ones buy in Huge Volumes and na cash and carry...

They are even some that source for plantain Farmers so they can distribute to major markets
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by sultaan(m): 4:00am On Jun 27, 2021
Here we are where some is asking for financial advice and a brother starts measuring his e-penis based on some depreciating liability.

OP, I changed s big sum of money to naira and put it in a CD 10 years ago, imaging it is worth less than 20% it value in Naira now.
I rarely visit Nigeria so giving the money to someone to handle in Nigeria is suicidal and keeping it in a bank was fatal.

So the smart thing to do next time will be to covert to dollar and run.

Op at 100k per month you will never be able to afford a N2.4m car in 2 years because the inflation will surpass your monthly savings.

Buy what ever you can afford now, it will be more expensive tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2021
There is no problem in you buying a car,but no put eye for lexus ,get something cheaper to move around,car na car as far as e dey move.why not get pencil light,eod,bigdaddy,civic,benz c180,babyboy.forget lexus for now.whith less than 900k you can get these naija used

1 Like

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2021
HenryDion:
Well, the title is clear enough. I'm saving for my first car. And I need numerous sources of income to make it happen, sooner.

I thought of saving #100,000 every month, and that will amount to #2,400,000 in 24 months.

I've have always loved Lexus and the sleekness of their sedan cars. But I need help determining the ideal car, one that wouldn't cost me an arm and leg.

I need advice on how to make this happen, and sooner.

I believe two heads are better than one!!!

I'm 26 years, and it feels I'm missing a lot not having a personal car.

I need your help to think.

Lalasticlala, car lovers and dealers, your help is needed!

Thanks in advance!!!
It's my third car and I currently have 2 so I believe I have enough experience to advice you on this.
Saving 2 years to buy a supposed dream car is a waste of time. Why? Cuz before the end of that 2 years, your taste will change, unforseen circumstances will take the money you've saved from you and other unplanned factors. And you will get confused.
Just go for it. Get a quick loan from work and buy it. Pay back with the 100k a month you intend to save. I'm sure your company will take it out of your salary before paying the rest. All salary earners do that. You won't be the first.
Those of us that buy cars outright are the business owners, company owners and others are yahoo Boys and celebrities. They hit the money once, they buy the dream car but it's different in your case cuz you're a stead salary earner. Just follow the trend in your field. Take a car loan from work and pay back with your salary.
I know many will say it's a bad advice but you should be wise.

Another advice is to do what I did... Start small, use for a short time while you're saving for another, sell the one you're using, add money to it and buy another that's better than the previous one, repeat the process until you can afford your dream car.

8 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2021
nurey:

I own 2 cars and I enter public transport more than I drive them, I earn 6 figures monthly but it makes sense to enter transport (sometimes cheaper and more secure due to insecurity in the country)

Don't buy car as luxury or showoff buy only if you need and don't keep money in bank invest it for turn over.

If you are buying a car for now, buy a low budget car, traffic robbers, bandits, kidnappers would target a Lexus owner first before they think of breaking into a Volvo, Nissan or golf 3.
This makes absolutely no sense to me.
I have two cars too but I won't take public transport. Change your mindset. You will get robbed no matter what you drive. Just pray and live your life.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by OfficialDJ: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I have two cars too but I won't take public transport. Change your mindset. You will get robbed no matter what you drive. Just pray and live your life.
you even have the time to advise someone with an archaic mindset.
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by nurey(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

When I was living on island and working at Ogudu I dey drive my car go work infact I leave home 8:30 and still get to Ogudu b4 9am resumption time because traffic no dey.

I went to live with my sis at ikorodu I only drove my car a week the fuel I use in traffic and the stress wasn't worth it, nah to fly boat from ebute to island, I park my car at the boat terminal at ikorodu.

If you go to Ebute at ikorodu you go see better vehicles parked there a great % of bank staff at marina living at ikorodu don't drive to island dey fly boat or enter BRT for those afraid of water.

I didn't tell him not to buy a car, I said he should buy a low budget car and not wait to save up to 2m

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
nurey:

When I was living on island and working at Ogudu I dey drive my car go work infact I leave home 8:30 and still get to Ogudu b4 9am resumption time because traffic no dey.

I went to live with my sis at ikorodu I only drove my car a week the fuel I use in traffic and the stress wasn't worth it, nah to fly boat from ebute to island, I park my car at the boat terminal at ikorodu.

If you go to Ebute at ikorodu you go see better vehicles parked there a great % of bank staff at marina living at ikorodu don't drive to island dey fly boat or enter BRT for those afraid of water.

I didn't tell him not to buy a car, I said he should buy a low budget car and not wait to save up to 2m
You're right but that's different from what he said. He said he doesn't take his car out cuz he is trying to avoid been robbed. That doesn't change anything. You can enter one chance and still get robbed. I've traveled before and robbers blocked the highway and robbed all commercial buses going to market.
His reason for inconvenienting himself is not valid

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

It's my third car and I currently have 2 so I believe I have enough experience to advice you on this.
Saving 2 years to buy a supposed dream car is a waste of time. Why? Cuz before the end of that 2 years, your taste will change, unforseen circumstances will take the money you've saved from you and other unplanned factors. And you will get confused.
Just go for it. Get a quick loan from work and buy it. Pay back with the 100k a month you intend to save. I'm sure your company will take it out of your salary before paying the rest. All salary earners do that. You won't be the first.
Those of us that buy cars outright are the business owners, company owners and others are yahoo Boys and celebrities. They hit the money once, they buy the dream car but it's different in your case cuz you're a stead salary earner. Just follow the trend in your field. Take a car loan from work and pay back with your salary.
I know many will say it's a bad advice but you should be wise.

Another advice is to do with I did... Start small, use for a short time while you're saving for another, sell the one you're using, add money to it and buy another that's better than the previous one, repeat the process until you can afford your dream car.

Your advice is sound sir, except that I'm not a salary earner but a freelancer, an entrepreneur like yourself.

I'm thinking of not saving at all, but invest the money into something that pulls in more money.

Maybe piggievest will be good, and I can save more than #100k a month if I work harder.

If I follow this route, I should be looking at a year to get it, not two years. I'm trying to diversify my income to make this happen.
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2021
zabimaru:

Just chop your L and rest, he should have told you his street address sef.Rubbish.
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Pears991: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
I have 300k; where can I invest and get ROI every month...
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by Pears991: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
It is easy to say invest your money
Now I have 1M, kindly give me 2 investment opportunities _----- someone should answer him pls....I really wann invest too...don't know were to start..
Re: Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO by bastien: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hoodbilonia:
Buy a car now. In 2yrs dollar go enter 1500. By then lexus es 2004 go be 4m. Innever knew the value of my car till I sold it .u go enter bike tire,bike men go insult u ,cab men same thing.if u buy something big everyone go see am,u wan buy fuel for jerican,na bike,if u see dangote truck coming fear go catch u on top bike. When it rains,no level 4u. U go market no. Buy a car now o and save yourself stress of embarrassment and public transport stress,trekking everyday till u see bike or keke.
this advise was the reason I bought a car � I had bike accident and I was like so that’s how I could have died or loss my leg without ever owing a car (luxury) in this life?

Omo life too short abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota Rav4 vs Honda CRV / My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? / Difference B/W Corolla Altis And Corolla LE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.