Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,780 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society (30266 Views)

The Benefits Of Polygamy In The Modern Society / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by CHoccolaTE: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2021
apatheticme:

Lol! Nothing but the truth.

Men are basically wimps! Half of what they dish out, they can't take. And these generation of men are just simply alarmists!

I presume twas the story of the CEO that was recently slaughtered by that young girl that led to the opening of several threads back to back regarding women on this misogynistic forum, yet thousands of women have been (or currently) been maimed/raped/assaulted/gang raped/robed/thrown out of their matrimonial homes or marriages for no reason/cheated on/duped etc without females creating nonsensical threads and wailing as regards misandry upandan!

A lot of women have been treated rather unfairly or badly in their relationships, marriages and have simply moved on quietly trying to live their lives! These same men will still whine upandan slut shaming them by calling them derogatory names!

Nobody has monopoly of violence! The chicken has come home to roost, men should suck it up and move on with their lives just as women have been taking lots of bullshit for years without complaints.

The life nor balance!

Very true and very unfortunate.

I wonder why Nigerian males are so evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
frozen70:

You guys should learn to understand women
They have a complex nature
Only men who care to understand can survive them
Yes , by enabling their trashy behavior
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by frozen70(f): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
notok:

Yes , by enabling their trashy behavior

Children misbehaves yet mothers accepts them the way they are, so why can't men manage women, after all women manage men too
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
frozen70:

Children misbehaves yet mothers accepts them the way they are, so why can't men manage women, after all women manage men too
Nobody should manage anybody , not an adult for that matter.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by frozen70(f): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2021
notok:

Nobody should manage anybody , not an adult for that matter.

You never ready to marry be that
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2021
frozen70:

You never ready to marry be that
If managing an adult with bad behavior is a requirement for marriage , I'd rather stay single.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Kennyking1234: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

My Gee...
E be like say I dey see you for That Reality Redpill thread...
I hail you baba..
Sure boss I dey very active there. I hailoo
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by madridguy(m): 6:08am On Jun 29, 2021
I hope you don dump the daughter of jazeebel before she stab you to death.

eyeforeye:
I was shocked when my gf said to she'd stabbed me if I return home drunk to stupor, this is someone that look so innocent and fragile in nature, however, am yet to study her to know if she can really do such..... Gals please over to you.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Ajilenu: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
blekko101:
Every time I keep wondering if the society is ready for what is coming in a short while. People keep pushing that a man must not hit a woman, no matter what, which is a good thing by the way.

They come all out for you when you do, but smile and make jest when a woman hits or abuse a man in public.

Some will call the man a weakling for not fighting back. The best he will get from some folks is being called a 'real man'.

Real men don't hit women, which isn't a bad phrase. How about 'real women' ever thought of that? He dare not retaliate.

You hear the regular cliché "oga leave am na woman" and women already know this and they are taking full advantage of it.

Women often rain abuses on men in public at the slightest misunderstanding and often take up a notch by charging towards men with the intention of physically abusing them.

They cry fowl and play the victim when the man resist or fight back knowing they will get sympathizers. He will go home traumatized even for days to come.

Even in the so called developed countries for example, a woman's statement is admitted as true until you have a hard evidence to counter it.

Over there lots of men are already scared of getting married because they can lose all they worked for all their life in one twist of event with their wife.

Guess that's what gave rise to the growing trend of baby mama/daddy. Instead of pushing a biased ideology that obviously favours one gender, isn't it better to push a holistic ideology that says no body should hit another cos we are all humans.

We feel hurt the same way irrespective of gender. After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Share your experience of abuse and how you handled it
Dude, did you hack my phone I wrote a piece with almost same title and your first paragraph is just like mine. Daaaammmnnnn!!!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Ajilenu: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
blekko101:
Every time I keep wondering if the society is ready for what is coming in a short while. People keep pushing that a man must not hit a woman, no matter what, which is a good thing by the way.

They come all out for you when you do, but smile and make jest when a woman hits or abuse a man in public.

Some will call the man a weakling for not fighting back. The best he will get from some folks is being called a 'real man'.

Real men don't hit women, which isn't a bad phrase. How about 'real women' ever thought of that? He dare not retaliate.

You hear the regular cliché "oga leave am na woman" and women already know this and they are taking full advantage of it.

Women often rain abuses on men in public at the slightest misunderstanding and often take up a notch by charging towards men with the intention of physically abusing them.

They cry fowl and play the victim when the man resist or fight back knowing they will get sympathizers. He will go home traumatized even for days to come.

Even in the so called developed countries for example, a woman's statement is admitted as true until you have a hard evidence to counter it.

Over there lots of men are already scared of getting married because they can lose all they worked for all their life in one twist of event with their wife.

Guess that's what gave rise to the growing trend of baby mama/daddy. Instead of pushing a biased ideology that obviously favours one gender, isn't it better to push a holistic ideology that says no body should hit another cos we are all humans.

We feel hurt the same way irrespective of gender. After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Share your experience of abuse and how you handled it
Guy, I swear your piece is like 70% similar to what I wrote in my note pad, I wish I can share it with you so you can see. I'll post it on medium then send you the link. I'm dead shocked right now. You sure say you no hack my phone? shocked
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by jnrcess(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
Following

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Help! My Wife Wanna Leave Me / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.