Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) (61795 Views)

Bring Your Container - Chicken Republic Tells Customers Amid Lagos Styrofoam Ban / How Many Packs Of Noodles Do You Eat? / How To Make Any Type Of Juice With Blender In Few Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Gambit23: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
He made absolute sense..

By creating a sense of scarcity..

They can trigger panic buying..

The same thing fuel marketers do all the time..

Many soft drink brands have been scarce since january 2021...Seems u aren't close to that industry, Ask around, ask the proper people.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Noted
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Rhozabeth(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Famine is gradually creeping in!
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Whiteways: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
That info is not relevant. If a customer want all, sell all. This is to cause unnecessary panic over the product. It may also be a strategy to sell the product

You get it.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bjtinz: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
Totally unnecessary if u ask me.

Juice is not an essential commodity, simple economics tells us that it's demand is extremely elastic, and added to that, it has significant competition.

Like someone said, you can go for the natural fruit, or better still good 'ol plain WATER.

I don't know how many people would fret over inability to get juice. undecided

So really don't know what the fuss is about.

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bjtinz: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
He made absolute sense..

By creating a sense of scarcity..

They can trigger panic buying..

The same thing fuel marketers do all the time..

But you really can't compare fuel with juice naa.

We can do without juice, but certainly can't do without fuel.

Personally if I see the price of juice has increased, na jump and pass
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by RichBoy247: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
lalasticlala:
Is food scarcity really about to hit Nigeria?

SPAR, a supermarket in Nigeria placed this notice:

"(i) Dear Customers, Kindly Note That You Can Only Buy 2pcs Of Juice (Per Customer) Due To Low Stocks Of Juices"

Buhari is taking Nigeria to the level of Venezuela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by drakeli: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
That info is not relevant. If a customer want all, sell all. This is to cause unnecessary panic over the product. It may also be a strategy to sell the product
When Corona virus hit in the US and there was panic buying. Even common toilet roll finished in their stores. Stores had to put limit on the quantity of goods allowed to purchase. The measure was to stop hoarding of food so others could have something to buy
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bluefilm: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wetin kwansign food scarcity with juice in the supermarket?

Useless naija mentality being shamelessly put on display once again
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Originalsly: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

They are selling at 495, smaller shops are selling at 600 and above. If they don't limit the amounts per buyer, smaller shops will lose all their customers to the big stores.

That's why anywhere these big stores enter, smaller shops selling the same thing usually fold up because the big stores can afford to crash the price lower than the smaller shops since they are buying directly from the factory.

On point!....the very reason Walmart is not allowed in New York City.
@ topic... limiting the amount a customer can purchase is very common. It is a retail store... not wholesale... they will try to give as many customers as possible the opportunity to get the product.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by CaptainFM1: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
DenreleDave:
grin grin grin

There is only one reason for this... The rate at which 5 seconds men are multiplying is sumtin to look at..

So the supermarket think it's right to reduce the quantity to be bought.....

And I even suggest 2 per months sef grin grin grin grin grin

So you and 5 frnds will come and you all go out with 12 juice... U shud pray dt I am not among those frnds u will carry go bcox If I dey, na 11 u go Carry to house, not 12..

Hand over 12 juice to you when I no mad.. Even if na ur money we take buy am, I will take one cheesy grin angry

Then the 6 of you go there every 2 to 3hours in different dressing to pick 2juices each every day. I'm sure in 3days just the 6 of you will empty that shelf.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Lahiko: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
They are selling at 495, smaller shops are selling at 600 and above. If they don't limit the amounts per buyer, smaller shops will lose all their customers to the big stores.

That's why anywhere these big stores enter, smaller shops selling the same thing usually fold up because the big stores can afford to crash the price lower than the smaller shops since they are buying directly from the factory
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Fanuchi007: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Spar for Calabar de always give me joy for Black Friday. Buy 2 get 1 free na my best food grin.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by mosaicafrique: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market Ojo lagos.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by yommen: 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Don't even worry. What is zobo for now?
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by BrazilAirport: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
BigDawsNet:
grin it's easy ...

You need 10pac for urself?

Connect with ten shoppers...

Let them add each juice to dere cart
They pay while you wait outside to claim it from them with your own cash cheesy
lol
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Gambit23:

Many soft drink brands have been scarce since january 2021...Seems u aren't close to that industry, Ask around, ask the proper people.
Am not disputing their claim..

Just pointing out that creating a sense of scarcity is also a marketing strategy..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by mechanics(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hahahaha.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Sukkyy2010: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
signature2012:
This country is sinking daily.
The so called leaders don't care.
The common man food which is Garri is now very expensive.Why?

I still cant fathom how Buhari was able to hypnotize the masses to vote for him.This man is an epitome of failure.

Buha equates heartlessness..
Point of correction: Buhari did not hypnotize the masses to vote for him but the masses hypnotize and blindfolded themselves as they follow their irrelevant feelings and neglected the reality there of...including yourself you're all sentimeter back then all in the name of the party key word "Change" you all want change without considering the fundamental factors that associated with his administration to forseen the kind of change it will bring either positive or negative and as a result of that you all allow this economy dilemma to set in so enjoy what you craved.

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Pat081: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Brain no go kill you
pocohantas:
No wahala. If at all it is only SPAR I can get this juice, I will come with five friends and we would all pick two packs. Once we commot outside, they hand it over to me.

What are friends for?

This is true. I have seen them do this too.

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
In justrite Abeokuta, you cannot get Coca cola product
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by cocolacec(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
lalasticlala:

"(i) Dear Customers, Kindly Note That You Can Only Buy 2pcs Of Juice (Per Customer) Due To Low Stocks Of Juices"

This happens abroad too when the product is on sale.They only want the product to go round their customers.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Boyooosa(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?

For the whole world you meant to say...

Their daddy sha
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Akhee: 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?
I will Ridicule you. How can milk and Meat be use to produce Fruit Juice. Stop posting nonsense all because of hatred for a single Man.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by signature2012(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

Point of correction: Buhari did not hypnotize the masses to vote for him but the masses hypnotize and blindfolded themselves as they follow their irrelevant feelings and neglected the reality there of...including yourself you're all sentimeter back then all in the name of the party key word "Change" you all want change without considering the fundamental factors that associated with his administration to forseen the kind of change it will bring either positive or negative and as a result of that you all allow this economy dilemma to set in so enjoy what you craved.

Point of correction.
I was among the few that never supported the dullard.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Kondomatic(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
pocohantas:
No wahala. If at all it is only SPAR I can get this juice, I will come with five friends and we would all pick two packs. Once we commot outside, they hand it over to me.

What are friends for?

What I will hand over the moment we step outside is Thank You.

Unless no be you pay

What are friends for?
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by respectfully: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Go and buy tiara or fresh put for water and drink. All na juice
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Lifewasgood: 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
signature2012:
This country is sinking daily.
The so called leaders don't care.
The common man food which is Garri is now very expensive.Why?

I still cant fathom how Buhari was able to hypnotize the masses to vote for him.This man is an epitome of failure.

BuharI equates heartlessness..

Seems you don't stay in the country. They don't vote they select. Na roadshow inec dey do!
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Worksunlimited: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
pocohantas:

What are friends for?

This is true. I have seen them do this too.

Lolz..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by MarketDispatch: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
Gambit23:

This started happening since Coca Cola bought Chivita....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Pricelessruby(f): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
grin
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Almaigaa: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
lalasticlala:

The Juice producers in the North are on strike, that's the reason for the scarcity. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / A Dolphin Caught And Slaughtered In Agge, Bayelsa State (Pictures) / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.