Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) (61797 Views)

Bring Your Container - Chicken Republic Tells Customers Amid Lagos Styrofoam Ban / How Many Packs Of Noodles Do You Eat? / How To Make Any Type Of Juice With Blender In Few Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by ClitRaider: 11:34am On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?
E no go better for cow..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2021
I think it applies to Chi Active alone. That stuff has been scarce for the past 2-3 months. It currently sells for between 600 and 650 in stores that have it, so I think they're concerned about stores buying it from the at 495 and selling at a profit.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Hoodbilonia: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Where adulterated juice has become Gold and a drug customers can't do without.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by WATCHMANX: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2021
signature2012:
This country is sinking daily.
The so called leaders don't care.
The common man food which is Garri is now very expensive.Why?

I still cant fathom how Buhari was able to hypnotize the masses to vote for him.This man is an epitome of failure.

BuharI equates heartlessness..
The people have only themselves to blame. All the warnings and signs were there, but they stubbornly refused to heed.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Npmedia(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2021
hmmmmmmmmmm, buhari
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by matm: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2021
If only u knew what are mixed up to produce what we call juice in Nigeria today,and it's health complications,u will run with ur legs touching ur buttocks.

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Onepeople: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
That info is not relevant. If a customer want all, sell all. This is to cause unnecessary panic over the product. It may also be a strategy to sell the product
if you know what maintaining a customers means to business owners you will not complain about this, I own provision business so I can tell you for a fact that the product is scarce in supply. More than 80% of customers that worked into that shopping mall will need to buy chivita active, when you don't have it believe me you, most of them that want to buy other items will work a way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by lastempero: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2021
Venezuela loading, until we get mind go burst those vampires e go baddddd.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2021
This doesn't apply to chi Active alone ooh about a month ago I was at Shoprite and a couple came to buy cartoons of drink I think they had a birthday celebration or some party so they took like 5 cartoon of plastic coke and the cashier was they can only buy two I was amazed my self.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by kevoh(m): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2021
dake40:
Very funny. If i buy 2 now and come back to buy another 2 every 2 hours or send someone with my money, wont they sell?

Besides, are they not after profit?. Or aint they selling at same price?

Someone Please make me understand o
It's not targeted at people like you. It's to discourage retailers who come in to buy large quantities and resell in their shops.

5 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Mustiboy(m): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2021
tillaman:
grin
No be juice scarcity be this
For one country like that if words cuticular say Viva supermarket get offer I swear they will rush there with their mustangs and Dodge Challenger to pack chicken breasts and drumstick
By the time we get back from work nothing go dey viva again na to go Lulu or carrefour remain
Na first come first serve things for that side

Wetin you dey talk sef
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by poshestmina(f): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2021
I can't remember the last time I bought packaged fruit juice .

Get a blender ,get fruit(s) you want ,wash and cut ,blend ,sieve and use honey as sweetener (if necessary) ,store in your fridge/freezer.

Buy Zobo leaves,wash and pour into a pot ,add water (enough to make as much zobo as you want) ,let it boil for five minutes ,add little grated ginger/garlic , cloves, blended pineapple/apple etc, I add the pineapple skin too ,allow to boil for another 10 minutes ,bring it down and let it cool a bit ,add flavours (sold where they sell the leaves) , store in the fridge .
They are healthier ,tastier and maybe cheaper.
You're welcome.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by tillaman(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by fozapi(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2021
lalasticlala:
Is food scarcity really about to hit Nigeria?

SPAR, a supermarket in Nigeria placed this notice:

"(i) Dear Customers, Kindly Note That You Can Only Buy 2pcs Of Juice (Per Customer) Due To Low Stocks Of Juices"

By the time buhari finish with una Zimbabwe would be better read more

https://www.nairaland.com/6621719/buhari-nigerians-suffering-like-1983-1985
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Akharmony: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nah only in naija horrible thing deh happen
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
tillaman:
grin
No be juice scarcity be this
For one country like that if words cuticular say Viva supermarket get offer I swear they will rush there with their mustangs and Dodge Challenger to pack chicken breasts and drumstick
By the time we get back from work nothing go dey viva again na to go Lulu or carrefour remain
Na first come first serve things for that side
Punctuations..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wahala
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Kizyte(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?
Sarcastic! grin
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by TheMostComplex1: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
DenreleDave:
grin grin grin

There is only one reason for this... The rate at which 5 seconds men are multiplying is sumtin to look at..

So the supermarket think it's right to reduce the quantity to be bought.....

And I even suggest 2 per months sef grin grin grin grin grin

If you refuse to carry them Pocochants will have ten not eleven

So you and 5 frnds will come and you all go out with 12 juice... U shud pray dt I am not among those frnds u will carry go bcox If I dey, na 11 u go Carry to house, not 12..

Hand over 12 juice to you when I no mad.. Even if na ur money we take buy am, I will take one cheesy grin angry
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Gambit23:

U are not making any sense, especially in ur last sentence
He made absolute sense..

By creating a sense of scarcity..

They can trigger panic buying..

The same thing fuel marketers do all the time..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Ehisod(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
lalasticlala:
Is food scarcity really about to hit Nigeria?

SPAR, a supermarket in Nigeria placed this notice:

"(i) Dear Customers, Kindly Note That You Can Only Buy 2pcs Of Juice (Per Customer) Due To Low Stocks Of Juices"

This is Venezuela and Iran the only difference is that we are larger in size so it may resolve into a bigger problem faster. Meanwhile, the IDIOT who caused all this with his kinsmen raping, killing, kidnapping, and reclaiming land that does not belong to them is about to travel to UK on medical tourism.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by TheMostComplex1: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
pocohantas:
No wahala. If at all it is only SPAR I can get this juice, I will come with five friends and we would all pick two packs. Once we commot outside, they hand it over to me.

What are friends for?

This is true. I have seen them do this too.

Pocochantas where have been? I like reading your comments

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by yusluvad(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Valid point...
slimjohn2k5:
That info is not relevant. If a customer want all, sell all. This is to cause unnecessary panic over the product. It may also be a strategy to sell the product
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Gambit23:

U are not making any sense, especially in ur last sentence

I'm afraid you are the one whose comment doesn't make sense oo
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

It could also be a sign that things are getting out of hand. This is the kind of thing you see in struggling countries like Zimbabwe and Venezuela.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by yusluvad(m): 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Bad leaders...
signature2012:
This country is sinking daily.
The so called leaders don't care.
The common man food which is Garri is now very expensive.Why?

I still cant fathom how Buhari was able to hypnotize the masses to vote for him.This man is an epitome of failure.

BuharI equates heartlessness..
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Osyxcel(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
Shoodboi:
I think it applies to Chi Active alone. That stuff has been scarce for the past 2-3 months. It currently sells for between 600 and 650 in stores that have it, so I think they're concerned about stores buying it from the at 495 and selling at a profit.

Chi products have been scarce and expensive these past few weeks though. However, the notice doesn't apply to juices alone. I saw a similar notice at the same Spar limiting soft drinks to 1 pack per customer due to low stock.

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by xreal: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
It's definitely cheap in there and they noticed customers buy in bulk (commercial quantities)to resell outside; however they are not comfortable with that kind of sales.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Osyxcel:

Chi products have been scarce and expensive these past few weeks though. However, the notice doesn't apply to juices alone. I saw a similar notice at the same Spar limiting soft drinks to 1 pack per customer to die low stock.

That's a bad sign. Let's see where this ends.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by dominique(f): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
If that's the case then I'll give money to another customer that has no intention to buy juice to add juice to his cart and I'll buy my own as well. That's if I want to buy more than two packs o.

xreal:
It's definitely cheap in there and they noticed customers buy in bulk (commercial quantities)to resell outside; however they are not comfortable with that kind of sales.

True, it's N600 in shops in my area. If I have an opportunity to buy at that price, I'll buy as many as I can afford and it definitely won't be two
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Ashirioluwa: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
The best juice to drink is clean water

2 Likes

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bjtinz: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
poshestmina:
I can't remember the last time I bought packaged fruit juice .

Get a blender ,get fruit(s) you want ,wash and cut ,blend ,sieve and use honey as sweetener (if necessary) ,store in your fridge/freezer.

Buy Zobo leaves,wash and pour into a pot ,add water (enough to make as much zobo as you want) ,let it boil for five minutes ,add little grated ginger/garlic , cloves, blended pineapple/apple etc, I add the pineapple skin too ,allow to boil for another 10 minutes ,bring it down and let it cool a bit ,add flavours (sold where they sell the leaves) , store in the fridge .
They are healthier ,tastier and maybe cheaper.
You're welcome

@bolded, totally agree, but how many people will have time to do all these you mentioned?

So you can see why some of us go for the easy way out - packaged juice!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / A Dolphin Caught And Slaughtered In Agge, Bayelsa State (Pictures) / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.