Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) (61796 Views)

Bring Your Container - Chicken Republic Tells Customers Amid Lagos Styrofoam Ban / How Many Packs Of Noodles Do You Eat? / How To Make Any Type Of Juice With Blender In Few Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by redsun(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Better for you. The sugar in those drinks is deadly. The less of it you drink, the better.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by DrChukki: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
signature2012:
This country is sinking daily.
The so called leaders don't care.
The common man food which is Garri is now very expensive.Why?

I still cant fathom how Buhari was able to hypnotize the masses to vote for him.This man is an epitome of failure.

BuharI equates heartlessness..

Good Morning,
I know you voted for him.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by CSTRR: 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
vedaxcool:

It is called Scarcity Heuristics, a strategy to make the customer think there is Scarcity and manipulate them to purchase.
The UN has predicted food scarcity in Nigeria.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by nextstep(m): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
When I said last year that food scarcity, rationing, and queuing for basics will happen again in 2021 (like I remember in 1984 due to Buhari), people laughed at me. They said I was a wailer and a hater.

Rather than look forward to see the results of not nipping the various menaces and agitations in the bud, he has allowed them to fester and - predictably - we're seeing food shortages. Forget rice or onions... garri now is becoming so expensive.

There's just something about Buhari and his tunnel vision that results in a vicious cycle of inflation, food scarcity, manufacturing job losses. Even now we've borrowed a lot of money for infrastructure - but where's the basic revenue we're going to use to pay for this? It will become delapidated in two-three years since we don't have the funds to maintain what we've just bought. It's a repeat of the mess than saw us spending more on debt servicing than on education for nearly two decades till OBJ and NOI.

I suppose we're going to feel this crunch for at least 4 more years, if we're lucky. The next president will have to start from scratch.

I sincerely pray that Nigerians will learn from this catastrophe and vote better people - but it's a wasted prayer. My people will still shout "sai baba" to the next incompetent contender.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by nextstep(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
bjtinz:
Totally unnecessary if u ask me.
Juice is not an essential commodity, simple economics tells us that it's demand is extremely elastic, and added to that, it has significant competition.
Like someone said, you can go for the natural fruit, or better still good 'ol plain WATER.
I don't know how many people would fret over inability to get juice. undecided
So really don't know what the fuss is about.

A product with elastic demand is a great leading indicator of where things are going. Think of it as a derivative: if it goes negative, it indicates stalling production - thus you can predict future will be going negative, even if the near-term appears rosy.

If a non-essential commodity is becoming scarce that should set off warning bells in leaders' minds. Fewer oranges: fewer people being employed by that industry, from growing, picking, transport, concentrating, mixing, and retailing.

Don't wait until essential commodities become scarce. Scarce juice implies natural fruits are becoming scarce...

We've already seen garri, rice becoming really expensive - if not scarce - which suggests a downward spiral in economic activity.

1 Like

Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Gambit23: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Am not disputing their claim..

Just pointing out that creating a sense of scarcity is also a marketing strategy..

Yes it us a strategy.

But here it isn't being deployed as a startegy
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Qualer: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
pocohantas:
No wahala. If at all it is only SPAR I can get this juice, I will come with five friends and we would all pick two packs. Once we commot outside, they hand it over to me.

What are friends for?

This is true. I have seen them do this too.

Poco, you don't say!!?!! shocked shocked
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Cnach: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hayi, is here again..I'm really afraid, my daddy told me how they suffered during buhari time. That everything they were using to sustain life sudden disappeared and they went back to ancient life.
This badluck of a man is killing this country.
The only picture l hate seeing online
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bezimo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Remember the austerity measures of Buhari regime in 1985..

Nigerians have short term memory , that's the problem. They embraced a disaster for the 2nd time, what were they expecting?
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Cnach: 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
vedaxcool:

It is called Scarcity Heuristics, a strategy to make the customer think there is Scarcity and manipulate them to purchase.
People like u are pushing me into fraud o, I see u must be a good customer to feast on. So u don't have brain but rely on what your Lord ur God wrote online? Brother ur name is sorry, total sorry
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by vedaxcool(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
[s]
Cnach:

People like u are pushing me into fraud o, I see u must be a good customer to feast on. So u don't have brain but rely on what your Lord ur God wrote online? Brother ur name is sorry, total sorry
[/s]

Did I ask for your career path?
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by vedaxcool(m): 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
CSTRR:

The UN has predicted food scarcity in Nigeria.

Ok not juice scarcity though?
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by saajus: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sell all to one customer? Make one happy at the expense of 100. Yes, you will make good instant profit but in the long run if you weigh the profits against customers you might lose, you would think twice. Good organization can do that but great organization won't. This is not new in advanced nations. When there is a scarce resource, they limit quantity that one person can buy cos human beings are naturally greedy.
slimjohn2k5:
That info is not relevant. If a customer want all, sell all. This is to cause unnecessary panic over the product. It may also be a strategy to sell the product
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Cnach: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Did I ask for your career path?
U can't bc u lack brain to construct an answerable question.
I wonder school system that left people like u untouched in a way that u don't use what is around u to make ur statistics rather to foolishly depend on what is online to judge ur economy whereas u top up money to ur stipulated feeding cost before u be able to do it as usual. Do u think people grow on pretence? No, u face reality and the reality is that Nigeria economy is bad no mata how the illiterates try to cover it.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by vedaxcool(m): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
[s]
Cnach:

U can't bc u lack brain to construct an answerable question.
I wonder school system that left people like u untouched in a way that u don't use what is around u to make ur statistics rather to foolishly depend on what is online to judge ur economy whereas u top up money to ur stipulated feeding cost before u be able to do it as usual. Do u think people grow on pretence? No, u face reality and the reality is that Nigeria economy is bad no mata how the illiterates try to cover it.
[/s]

I don't have any use for family background/
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by CSTRR: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
vedaxcool:

Ok not juice scarcity though?
Where does juice come from?

From fruits.
The last I checked, fruits does not fall from the sky.

Trying to be smart by half.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by LikeAking: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Spar na jonzing
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Donpenny(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hoarding tactic shocked, Nigeria has a very complex problem to resolve. The Government and the middle men are all complicit in this inflation prb facing Nigeria
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by xreal: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
dominique:
If that's the case then I'll give money to another customer that has no intention to buy juice to add juice to his cart and I'll buy my own as well. That's if I want to buy more than two packs o.

True, it's N600 in shops in my area. If I have an opportunity to buy at that price, I'll buy as many as I can afford and it definitely won't be two

grin We (Nigerians) always find our ways out of any situation.

Sense no go kill you.

[img]https://media./images/42fb79b5ec0e6563b8b859a6ee8a1f18/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by chikwasoloye(m): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
tillaman:
grin
No be juice scarcity be this
For one country like that if words cuticular say Viva supermarket get offer I swear they will rush there with their mustangs and Dodge Challenger to pack chicken breasts and drumstick
By the time we get back from work nothing go dey viva again na to go Lulu or carrefour remain
Na first come first serve things for that side

We know say na UAE
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by mrkings84(m): 12:17am On Jun 27, 2021
It's a strategy to sell off the drinks as quickly as possible cos they are expiring in next 6 days!
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by Ilekokonit: 3:15am On Jun 27, 2021
Dear Customers, Kindly Note That You Can Only Buy 2pcs Of Juice (Per Customer) Due To Low Stocks Of Juices

Dear Shopkeeper, I have decided to switch to having proper oranges as fruit and forgo Orange Juice as it is cheaper, healthier and not likely to cause quickly elevated blood sugar levels (and possible diabetes) as the fiber content of real Oranges is higher and it also has no added sugar.
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by bewla(m): 6:39am On Jun 27, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?
so the can shit orange as well
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by braveheart77: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2021
Wickedtruths:
They are selling at 495, smaller shops are selling at 600 and above. If they don't limit the amounts per buyer, smaller shops will lose all their customers to the big stores.

That's why anywhere these big stores enter, smaller shops selling the same thing usually fold up because the big stores can afford to crash the price lower than the smaller shops since they are buying directly from the factory.

Plus one person can buy all to resell at 600 and make a seamless profit. There won’t be any available for other customers who want it for consumption leading to loss of customer goodwill.

They did the right thing
Re: You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) by zabimaru: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be ridiculous.

How can food scarcity hit Nigeria when our darling daddy is about to resurrect grazing routes so that our cows can feed properly and provide meat and milk for the whole Africa?

ur matter ehn

BMC coming for ya as.s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / A Dolphin Caught And Slaughtered In Agge, Bayelsa State (Pictures) / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.