Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? (35049 Views)

Top 10 Highest JAMB SCORES 2023 / Met The Candidates With The Highest JAMB Scores In 2022 From Marist Schools / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Brunicekid(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2021
Ikea81:
After living four decades And seeing how we have completely eroded our value system. I am convinced this generation can't pass any exam. My baby girl in unilag 200 level does not know what she is studying, but she can Bleep wella,very flexible, sexy as hell....romance na hot hot. Don't blame her that's probably the only skill she will need after grad anyways for the only jobs the girls in her generation wants ....hoelosho. for now I still dey enjoy the puna , e still tight sweet like mad.
Am sorry to say sir, if after four decades, you dropped this comment, am disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2021
Now I know why my frnd has been hiding her result from me telling me she is yet to see her results

3 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by tidoabdul(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2021
Nothing The only reason why this yearโ€™s JAMB failure became staggering is because the special centers parents and students pay money to get answers did not work, due to the stringent measures by jamb

5 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Rex777: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2021
Yahoo
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Leogreat5: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2021
Many factors involved . Education is going down in the country.

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by NairaMaster1(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2021
Gamechanger45:
This year's jamb right from the registration and so forth has been something else. And after all the delay one will think the jambite will read there eyes out. But all we keep seeing now is fuel price and seat numbers. BTW, what's jamb marking scheme like this year?!!

Commitment to social media. They used the time to read for social media and football.

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by TheGift: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2021
Fuel price is about 160
Gamer999:
All I know is that this year's own is just wankind, I just they see 140s and 150s anyaw no 200 wey I Don see so far sef. they knew what they did in other words, they intentionally failed people this year
BTW which one is fuel price and seat number again grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Cinema4d: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2021
bluefilm:

I think it's COVID.

The SCAMdemic Virus has eaten much of the brains of these youths.
So you're saying 70% are dull?

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Skymason20(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2021
I wrote exam last two years and I scored 227 I choose desul as my institute but was not admitted,

so I did not focus on my last jamb which was 2020 and I scored 209!
Thank Goodness I got admitted in AAU.

BUT then this year own choke on I never see who score 200 above infact the first result I saw this year was 126 a girl own in cyba cafe. shocked
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by tarantino1: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2021
omonla10:
Look well, u can hardly find successful educated role models. Their only examples are yahoo boys, politicians and hustlers for street. That's the harsh reality we find ourselves as Nigerians.

Even if u study hard and become a banker or even doctor, ur pay no fit earn 800 dollars Monthly. While some under 20 yahoo boys make millions monthly.
Young ones don't have their eyes on education anymore.. No zeal or motivation..

I have an 18year old guy in my church. Always posting how he misses his gf all tru this cold, and already hustling for street.

At 18, I no get any money or gf. All I knew was to pass my exams and enter school.

Very true

If the most successful people they have around them are yahoo boys. Whatโ€™s the incentive to study?

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Princedapace(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2021
Gamer999:
All I know is that this year's own is just wankind, I just they see 140s and 150s anyaw no 200 wey I Don see so far sef. they knew what they did in other words, they intentionally failed people this year
BTW which one is fuel price and seat number again grin grin

People no longer take education serous anymore here when they see their older ones who went to school but are earning less than 50k. Many Nigerian graduates are struggling. Some even have to learn makeup and so many things. The younger ones no longer have motivational drive. Some will even prefer to go and learn these skills that many graduates are now learning to be ahead on time.
The future of Nigeria is dark

5 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by GoodGovernance: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2021
Self illusion.

There are always low scores and mass failure in JAMB UTME. 2021 cannot be different.

There are also high scores too.

The statistical normal distribution of scores in 2021 is virtually the same with previous years.

Congrats to those that pass, good luck next time to others.

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Avast(m): 11:11am On Jun 28, 2021
omonla10:
Look well, u can hardly find successful educated role models. Their only examples are yahoo boys, politicians and hustlers for street. That's the harsh reality we find ourselves as Nigerians.

Even if u study hard and become a banker or even doctor, ur pay no fit earn 800 dollars Monthly. While some under 20 yahoo boys make millions monthly.
Young ones don't have their eyes on education anymore.. No zeal or motivation..

I have an 18year old guy in my church. Always posting how he misses his gf all tru this cold, and already hustling for street.

At 18, I no get any money or gf. All I knew was to pass my exams and enter school.

This is correct sire

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Zagee: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2021
When you send young school leavers and hardworking individuals to loose quality man hour over queueing for NIN, this is the result. I hate all these old people in power!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2021
How person go wear Arsenal Jersey go write Jamb?
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by ppogba: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2021
Maybe I should scold my son less now for scoring 260.

The fact remains that, If you prepare well, there is nothing to expect other than a good result.

4 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Stevyne: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2021
Make Jam those help those students wey write on Saturday and Monday add like 40 marks to there low score.
Cause na those people wey write that Saturday and Monday fail pass. grin

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by IMASTEX: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2021
Uyi168:
Firstly, Jamb raised their bar. No more easy past questions....

Secondly, many students would rather spend their time on socail media than with their books.

Even the tutorials that they attend, they go there to slay.

Very unserious people..
. . .in an unserious society ruled by unserious government. Growing up, the mindset is to study hard get a job and live happily ever after. But the bad governance has helped to shift the focus. Parents, religious leaders, elders and even the government are now bad examples to the youth. Just last week a boy living few houses away bought GLK Benz, his cousin bought 2 Lexus few months ago. These are persons under 20 years. Yet they have parents. I doubt if they have gotten o'level. How will they even consider school when those who are supposed to oppose their crime are keeping quiet because they have started enjoying the proceed due to their lack. Too many wrong things & people are motivating the youth wrongly especially online. Even the ones that manage to go to school will pay their way out. Or is it the decent youths that studied very hard with a good grades yet can't get a job of #20,000 a month. It is a failed system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Canvass: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2021
bukxy:
i started reading 6 days to my exam,
i still had 259.

i had 271 last year.

You are right. I know someone who wrote for 3 consecutive years just to test his capability. He tried out different combinations including; physics, chemistry, biology, then Maths, Government, Economics and then Literature, CRS, Government, reading for only one week before each exam. He scored 295, 303 and 272 respectively. The 272 is this year score. This points to the fact that most candidates may not be preparing well enough.

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by bleskid: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2021
Jamb score na my age ,,, ewooo
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Godwin25king: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2021
nedupel:
Because the country is jambadized.
You get problem ah swr grin grin
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by bukxy: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2021
Canvass:

You are right. I know someone who wrote for 3 consecutive years just to test his capability. He tried out different combinations including; physics, chemistry, biology, then Maths, Government, Economics and then Literature, CRS, Government, reading for only one week before each exam. He scored 295, 303 and 272 respectively. The 272 is this year score. This points to the fact that most candidates may not be preparing well enough.
wow! That's great.

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Tonymario58: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2021
The male students are interested in money while the females are interested in peeniiiis
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Scaryface: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2021
Empty heads tongue tongue tongue. Most of them no read. Na Yahoo and cash app dem dey do
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Icancode: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
This reminds me of 2013 Jamb results.private uni go full with students this year sha.

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Marigold2rock(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
Truth is dat people are still scoring high. You're probably seeing the ones with low scores. Wait until during post ume( dats if it still a means of admission ) u go meet plenty high scores
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Pravedk: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
As a former teacher myself I can tell you for a fact, students are not interested in school again.
I remember a day I sent one of my student out of my class and he told me "las las sch sef na scam"
Another of my student left school to join yahoo in Benin and he is still in SS2. He almost put us in trouble if not because of his understanding Dad. This kind of wahala in a Unity school talk more of these day schools.

If you mark waec, neco or NABTEB the same answers you see from a student in surulere is the same answer you will see from a student in jos. Do they have the same teacher, notes or textbook? No! They get the answers from the same website which obviously charges 2k per paper. How will a student read if he knows that "chokez" is readily available at a cheap price. Sometimes I will organize extra lessons for free just to cover syllabus but the students will beg me to go and rest. Can you imagine?

Close to half of my SS3 students smoke and the female students will tell you unimaginable tales. And sometimes you don't blame these students. They are the reflection of the society. You don't face the mirror and see someone else.

Guys, the future is bleak. I lost interest in teaching so I left. Nothing dey dia.

Now I face data science working on projects and do my borehole work. Las las na my peace I want.

E go be โœŒ๏ธ

7 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by drlateef: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
Lilchilz:
One of my side chick scored 72 lol
I don abuse her tire. Lol so crazzzzy!!!

Lol. You are scoring high marks with her and she is scoring low marks. One-sided game.

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by joliecouer: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
Baruwaaaaa:
Let's be frank with ourselves, most of the students that took this year UTME are ill prepared.

Most are busy pressing phones during tutorial classes, some girls even come to impress other girls with the latest designer clothes, other came a month towards the end of classes. How do you expect good performance.

On the other end, it may be due to mixed up from JAMB marking guide or the software used in marking was incoherent with the questions.
Pressing of phone is one of the issue I have with them

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by WoundedLamb: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2021
Sad. There are a few hypothetical reasons like the interruption and excitement caused by the pandemic, the less focus on education caused by the failed ones trying to mislead the younger ones by always shouting "education is a scam", and the fact that most of them were online discussing women/men and doing alpha male.
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by nedupel(m): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Na as the country be.
Godwin25king:

You get problem ah swr grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did You Label Your Pen In School Back In Those Days, Do You Still Remember This? / Boy Scores 400 In Post-UTME Exam Of Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.