Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? (35410 Views)

Top 10 Highest JAMB SCORES 2023 / Met The Candidates With The Highest JAMB Scores In 2022 From Marist Schools / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by ChengHun(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
Students no longer study hard, that's the cause. Those that prepared thoroughly for the exam passed, Some 270+
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by pocohantas(f): 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2021
Which one be this mass failure una dey sing? I thought JAMB is now CBT?

Children did not read, now they are claiming mass failure upandan. Go to Tiktok you will see the girls doing video with pointed nipples. The boys own na to wear pencil jean and socks. They will na come online to insult us that wrote JAMB in the late 90s.

They never start to fail. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Sterope(f): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jamb failed them smiley

pocohantas:

Children did not read, now they are claiming mass failure upandan. Go to Tiktok you will see the girls doing video with pointed nipples. The boys own na to wear pencil jean and socks. They will na come online to insult us that wrote JAMB in the late 90s.

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Sterope(f): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thank Heavens I wrote Jamb. I would have continued to believe that Jamb was hardundecided

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Evii: 4:49am On Jun 29, 2021
B'cos people don't study anymore
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by lordswill03: 5:21am On Jun 29, 2021
This year's jamb i learnt is over 180 and not 400 as usual
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Kondomatic(m): 5:38am On Jun 29, 2021
pocohantas:

2 Likes

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by AloneTK: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2021
pocohantas:
Which one be this mass failure una dey sing?

Do I have your consent to send a PM?
Iโ€™d like to share a piece with you off this platform (not related to the topic).
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by pocohantas(f): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2021
AloneTK:

Do I have your consent to send a PM?
Iโ€™d like to share a piece with you off this platform (not related to the topic).

A piece? What is it related to, Sir?
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by AloneTK: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2021
pocohantas:

A piece? What is it related to, Sir?

Nothing to be worried about. Kinda confidential and in no way related to the topic like I said (reason I donโ€™t want to post here)
Itโ€™s okay if you do not approve of me sending a PM.
Seeking your consent first is me being formal.
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by annyz: 11:14am On Jun 29, 2021
TopOL:

Congrats

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by NobleSeed(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
Na who no read na him fail abeg make una rest. when jamb was jamb back in the days people stil dey blast am talk more of now when jamb dey repeat questions..
Check the results below .

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Christistruth00: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hunger and insecurity
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by wharlz(m): 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
What mass failure? jamb is just exposing the high rate of WAEC and NECO exam malpractices. WAEC and NECO has outlived it's purpose.
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by Cinema4d: 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
bluefilm:

The number is closer to 95%.

These students find it so difficult to study these days.

They would rather look for or be depending on expos.

Could you believe that in my school where I am invigilating some semester exams, so many students coming to exam try to start cheating right from the moment they are told to start writing?

What manner of unpreparedness is that?

The worst is that in a class of let's say 30 to 40 students, it is only about 5 students who will be focused on their work. The rest are busy looking for how to cheat their way.

From my own observation, this scenario got worse after we came back from the COVID break.

So many students are still finding it so difficult to get back to their usual study mode.

Yeah I totally agree with that... but utme questions are objective questions. For instance, Why would someone who has been attending lessons since January, performing very well in class score 131? Should we say she's inadequately prepared? A lot of bugs with the system? Or not enough time?...
Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by edoairways: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
wharlz:
What mass failure? jamb is just exposing the high rate of WAEC and NECO exam malpractices. WAEC and NECO has outlived it's purpose.
So they were strict this year?

1 Like

Re: What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? by bluefilm: 6:34am On Jun 30, 2021
Cinema4d:

Yeah I totally agree with that... but utme questions are objective questions. For instance, Why would someone who has been attending lessons since January, performing very well in class score 131? Should we say she's inadequately prepared? A lot of bugs with the system? Or not enough time?...

That's the problem.

Some of them have not been studying.

They'd rather depend on EXPO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / UNILAG Student Drinks Sniper And Dies (Photo) / Students Representing Kano In A Quiz Die In Fatal Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.